Celtic declaring interest in Paterson

mr fox

Jambo 4 Ever

I believe he will sign a new contract. The club need to recognise the value to the club and reward him. He will be gone in the next 18 months regardless.

That will be great if he signs the new contract!

Where did you hear that he might sign?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

He's not going to re-up with Hearts. Best scenario is we keep him till his contract is up. If we sell him cheap to Celtic we weaken ourselves and strengthen them. Let him see out his contract then let his agent get the best weekly wage for him down south. Celtic wont pay what English teams can for him right now. Celtic will try to get him on the cheap.

Only thing that makes more sense is selling him now or January straight up to an English team. Celtic or Newco should never be involved when we are looking to move players for a fee.

Rudolf's Mate

That would represent a fantatsic deal. It would be mad for us not to offer him to Chinese clubs with the money over there and getting 1.5 for Sow with only 6 months left. It's a shame Sow has had little impact so far and is only used off the bench now. If he had torn the league up we would be in a much better baragining position for selling them players in future. I still hope in time he can start banging them in.

FFS 1902 reeks that much he has to hold his own nose!

julienbrellier

Still no concrete evidence imo.

However I would certainly be willing to accept cash plus SA given that we have Smith to slot right in at right back and are in desperate need of a creative attacking midfielder.  A loan though, no chance, we should be getting at least a decent player and some cash out of this

Nelly Terraces

Shifting him for anything above 300k will be the best rip off deal we've pulled on anyone since flogging those c *** s Mike Galloway 25 odd years ago.

Still no concrete evidence imo.

However I would certainly be willing to accept cash plus SA given that we have Smith to slot right in at right back and are in desperate need of a creative attacking midfielder. A loan though, no chance, we should be getting at least a decent player and some cash out of this

I agree. I'd keep Paterson for the season rather than sell him to Celtic, unless we get a player on a permanent deal.

Liam Henderson is the only player within that Celtic squad we could realistically sign

I've previously stated my view that it's poor if Paterson doesn't sign a new contract and it casts serious doubt over the underlying ethos the club proclaim to be looking to adopt

Shifting him for anything above 300k will be the best rip off deal we've pulled on anyone since flogging those c *** s Mike Galloway 25 odd years ago.

I'm not CP's biggest fan but that is absolute shite you've posted there

Armstrong plus ?1m will be the final outcome.

Armstrong will be surplus but will end up heading south as there won't be a market for him to move in Scotland. He'll flop down south wherever he goes and back up the road at Motherwell in two years time.

Nap

Liam Henderson is the only player within that Celtic squad we could realistically sign

I've previously stated my view that it's poor if Paterson doesn't sign a new contract and it casts serious doubt over the underlying ethos the club proclaim to be looking to adopt

No accounting for one individual's decisions.

Armstrong plus ?1m will be the final outcome.

Armstrong? Can't see Celtic letting him go. GMS more likely.

Really rate Ryan Christie and would love to see him play for Hearts.

Nelly Terraces

I'm not CP's biggest fan but that is absolute shite you've posted there

Think you'll find its really not. Keep dreaming you're watching a good player though.

Think you'll find its really not. Keep dreaming you're watching a good player though.

I don't particularly rate him and I'm not convinced he's progressing. I think his attitude stinks.

But to say 300K is top whack and biggest steal since Mike Galloway is a touch silly

I thought everyone knew that the ethos was flawed when we factored in that players can't be forced to sign contracts that maximise the club assets. The only way to successfully produce and sell young players is to get them on longer rolling contracts. We don't pay enough to retain really good players. As soon as they are marketable elsewhere they will let their contract run down and be off for next to nothing.

Liam Henderson for Paterson ? I would bite your feckin hand off !!!

I'm really unsure as to how Rodgers can rate Patterson. Has ever seen him play??

Played against Liverpool both games did he not ?

Knowing our luck, we'll end up with a straight swap for Efe Ambrose :lol:

Armstrong will be surplus but will end up heading south as there won't be a market for him to move in Scotland. He'll flop down south wherever he goes and back up the road at Motherwell in two years time.

Nap

Armstrong has been on the bench or starting just about every game this season so far so he is seemingly rated by Rodgers and we're not getting him I would suggest. Of the myriad of Celtic midfielders who could do a job for us, Henderson would be possible and good. Allen would be possible and good but our ITK Celtic man is certain he doesn't want to leave Celtic. GMS would be good but Rodgers has specifically said he wants a look at him so we wouldn't get him till late in the window. Christie - doubt it, highly rated, possibly on loan but slim chance. Rogic - no chance. Kris Commons maybe ?? Meh !!

I'm declaring an Interest In Mila

kunis. I'll be expecting a phone call from her to arrange our date on Saturday.

I'd take her!

After seeing Black Swan she appears to be good in the hole.......

Am I the only one that doesn't rate Henderson? Was he not even struggling to get a game for them come the end of last season? Would take Scott Allan in a heartbeat though

Am I the only one that doesn't rate Henderson? Was he not even struggling to get a game for them come the end of last season? Would take Scott Allan in a heartbeat though

Not sure if you're the only only one but he's a cracking prospect. Would be delighted to sign him.

If Celtic do bid for him, unless it's a crazily high offer, like ?4M+, we should not ever be selling to a rival club. We need to show our intent if we really do want to be a club challenging at the top of the Scottish Premiership and in Europe. He's arguably our most promising player we've produced since Craig Gordon came through. He can go much further than Glasgow.

The 5 year plan can't include selling the best right back in the country to the team we want to be challenging.

Get him signed up to a 4 year deal, he's still only 21, offer him treble his wages, we'll get a massive fee from an English club in 1 or 2 years. Make a statement by turning down ?1M, ?2M bids for a 21 year old. Show that if a team wants to buy our players, they have to go much higher than that. The money the clubs in England have now mean ?5M for a promising young defender is absolutely nothing, even for Championship clubs, ?50M for John Stones as a prime example.

I thought everyone knew that the ethos was flawed when we factored in that players can't be forced to sign contracts that maximise the club assets. The only way to successfully produce and sell young players is to get them on longer rolling contracts. We don't pay enough to retain really good players. As soon as they are marketable elsewhere they will let their contract run down and be off for next to nothing.

Liam Henderson for Paterson ? I would bite your feckin hand off !!!

You know the score.

The Comedian

If Celtic do bid for him, unless it's a crazily high offer, like ?4M+, we should not ever be selling to a rival club. We need to show our intent if we really do want to be a club challenging at the top of the Scottish Premiership and in Europe. He's arguably our most promising player we've produced since Craig Gordon came through. He can go much further than Glasgow.

The 5 year plan can't include selling the best right back in the country to the team we want to be challenging.

Get him signed up to a 4 year deal, he's still only 21, offer him treble his wages, we'll get a massive fee from an English club in 1 or 2 years. Make a statement by turning down ?1M, ?2M bids for a 21 year old. Show that if a team wants to buy our players, they have to go much higher than that. The money the clubs in England have now mean ?5M for a promising young defender is absolutely nothing, even for Championship clubs, ?50M for John Stones as a prime example.

:cornette:

When he knocks back a contract?

He has 10 months left on his deal. Oh and I'd sack the five year plan/challenging schtick. An absolute moonbeam if ever there was one.

I'm really unsure as to how Rodgers can rate Patterson. Has ever seen him play??

Are you ****ing serious?

Or are you just 5 years old? FFS

Arthur Morgan

?5m for Paterson, seriously?!

WuM

If we could get 400k and Scott Allen or maybe 400k and Ryan Christie I'd sell.

Maybe just trade him for Christie and Allen.

400k and Allen then offer Dundee 400k for Greg Stewart = complete squad.

Top English clubs rarely buy in Scotland now as its too risky to buy from a diddy league where it's unproven. Being a star in Scotland puts you at championship at best in England. Best we can hope for is a sell on percentage.

Seymour M Hersh

He's on ?5k a week at sellik and a real billy big baws so I'm told. 

Thought the days of selling to those two West of Scotland teams were over, really hope he stays.

A Man Named Jambo

I would grab the 1 million as some are suggesting for Paterson as IMO he's highly overrated - We can source a better player although even that appears to be questionable going our recent signings.

I'd take one of Armstrong, Commons, Mulgrew, Gary Mackay-seven or even Chrisite on loan as part of the deal.

The risk of signing him to a bumper 4 year deal is another situation like Andy Driver, turn down decent money hoping to get silly money later and get a bad injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree, look what happened when we sold Sow, has he really been replaced? receiving cash is great don't get me wrong, but if we're not replacing like for like then its a problem.

Preston North End now being linked with CP on Twitter.

No idea of the veracity but seen as this thread has already hit 4 pages......

Captain Canada

Kickback: Paterson is rubbish

Kickback two weeks later: We should get over ?1 million for him.

Seriously though, this is a good time for him to go. Souttar, Smith and Rherras can all play at right back so we don't need to buy a replacement.

Given his contract situation, we'll do very well to get anything close to the figures being talked about on here.

I think he'd do really well in England. He's fit, strong, good in the air and has a decent level of consistency.

Badly from what I've heard. Second hand obviously.

What bad treatment would that be ? He's never been dropped for some honking performances and acted like a spoiled kid on the park at times moaning at everybody the ref, other teams players and also his own teammates. I wouldn't expect any manager to be delighted with the attitude of Paterson and until he grows up will never reach the heights he could do in the game.

Didn't Budge say we don't need to sell?

Massive difference between needing to sell and cashing in on one of your most valued assets if he's indicated he's not willing to sign a new deal.  Or would folk rather we threw away a 7 figure sum to keep a player who's mind is on his next team..?

A Man Named Jambo

Kickback: Paterson is rubbish

Kickback two weeks later: We should get over ?1 million for him.

Seriously though, this is a good time for him to go. Souttar, Smith and Rherras can all play at right back so we don't need to buy a replacement.

Given his contract situation, we'll do very well to get anything close to the figures being talked about on here.

I think he'd do really well in England. He's fit, strong, good in the air and has a decent level of consistency.

I agree, Rherras would be a solid right back and an improvement on Paterson for me. We would still need to source a left back.

I don't think you can make such a sweeping comment... if the move is right for the club then we should do it.

Would you rather we lost CP to the English Championship for nothing next summer or sold him to Celtic now for, say, ?500k + GMS or Scott Allan?

Problem is we couldn't afford the wages but would snap your hand off for GMS

Jambof3tornado

Be interesting to see if CP is keen to go to PNE. If anyone else is interested we could have a wee bidding war but we wont get silly money for him.

I do think he's gone as far as he can at Hearts and needs a move away to improve further.

Not sure he'll make it to the level he thinks he can.

alicante jambo

Nobody in our team is irreplaceable.If the price is right sell if not dont sell.He will need to spend a hell of a lot of time on the training field crossing balls.Paterson has time on his hands though he seems to have been around for ages but hes still young.If hes no happy let him go cash in and get someone else.

Archived