Celtic declaring interest in Paterson

mr fox

We can agree to disagree, I dont feel any club from any other league would have paid that sort of money for him. And the circumstances are different from Paterson.

But if that is the case then how come every club in Scotland hasn't sold someone to the Chinese? Point in case Hemmings and Stewart haven't just earned Dundee 5 million quid.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if that is the case then how come every club in Scotland hasn't sold someone to the Chinese? Point in case Hemmings and Stewart haven't just earned Dundee 5

million quid.

Not sure what your point is? If you are saying why are Chinese clubs not buying everyone i'd say thats just daft. You probably are not but i cant see your point otherwise. Again not related to the Paterson story either but anyway....

Not sure what your point is? If you are saying why are Chinese clubs not buying everyone i'd say thats just daft. You probably are not but i cant see your point otherwise. Again not related to the Paterson story either but anyway....

You said that the future of Callum Paterson was the first test of the current HMFC set up at doing a good transfer deal.

I mentioned Sow as being the first example.

You said he was not a good example because it was a club wanting to show they can spend lots of money on a player even if it wasn't good value.

I'm now saying that's highly unlikely to be the case, and as such HMFC deserve credit for that first "big test", before we start getting stuck in to them over the potential future deals over a current player.

:thumbsup:

Brandan Rogers would probably have a footballing brain and not play CP at right back.

Robbie has played CP in his preferred and recognised position.

Hardly a cardinal sin.

And this season we have played him in the JKB favoured CP position.

(Oh and that was in our most emabarrissing result ever apparently. Oh dear what does that say about JKB...?)

Oshinawa ?2m......still no?

He's really the rich man's Ambrose. Fair point, I'll make an exception for Oshaniwa. To qualify my comment, we shouldn't be selling players who can do a job for us to any of our rivals.

Jack Kelly's Hands

Brandan Rogers would probably have a footballing brain and not play CP at right back.

He's definitely a right back. Looks lost at right midfield.

He's definitely a right back. Looks lost at right midfield.

He is only good going forward though.

You said that the future of Callum Paterson was the first test of the current HMFC set up at doing a good transfer deal.

I mentioned Sow as being the first example.

You said he was not a good example because it was a club wanting to show they can spend lots of money on a player even if it wasn't good value.

I'm now saying that's highly unlikely to be the case, and as such HMFC deserve credit for that first "big test", before we start getting stuck in to them over the potential future deals over a current player.

:thumbsup:

Must of missed the point where I was critical or getting stuck into HMFC over this. Hearts got offered mental money for Sow and did the smart thing, can surely be no debate to be had there. I dont think any other British club coming in in that situation would have made anything like that sort of offer.

My post about Paterson is clearly about the club being able to choose if it needs to sell or if the offers, should they materialise, are worth less than a good player staying for another season.

Jack Kelly's Hands

He is only good going forward though.

I think that's a bit unfair. He's definitely not the complete defender but he's certainly competent at the moment and still developing. Scotland call ups and interest from Celtic would back this up.

If you believe a lot of what is posted here then he has been unsettled for months anyway.

Tbh if we get a good fee for him to improve other areas of the team then I would be ok with it.

I will too albeit reluctantly.

Must of missed the point where I was critical or getting stuck into HMFC over this. Hearts got offered mental money for Sow and did the smart thing, can surely be no debate to be had there. I dont think any other British club coming in in that situation would have made anything like that sort of offer.

My post about Paterson is clearly about the club being able to choose if it needs to sell or if the offers, should they materialise, are worth less than a good player staying for another season.

Getting stuck is ground zero on Kickback right now. I was not suggesting that you are getting stuck inthough. The fact remains however, if you are going to put a player's future up as the yardstick for success in terms of transfer activity, then you must first of all be sound on why the deal should be considered a "first" and second of all be aware that if your claim of it being a test is correct, then it will cause a lot of "getting stuck in". :thumbsup:

If we pay those players' wages we would be substantially out of pocket - not far off ?1million in a year i would guess

Where there's a will there's a way.

Punt Oshaniwa, Juanma and we'd have some of the cash freed up. I'd also expect any player leaving Celtic that's still in contract to negotiate some kind of release fee to compensate for loss of wages.

Unrealistic that we could get those 3, but if we did then we'd have an absolutely cracking team.

scott herbertson

Where there's a will there's a way.

Punt Oshaniwa, Juanma and we'd have some of the cash freed up. I'd also expect any player leaving Celtic that's still in contract to negotiate some kind of release fee to compensate for loss of wages.

Unrealistic that we could get those 3, but if we did then we'd have an absolutely cracking team.

Would indeed have a good team - it's the punting Oshinawa and juanma that is unrealistic I think (also I think they would be on a fraction of that trio's wages)

loveofthegame

He's really the rich man's Ambrose. Fair point, I'll make an exception for Oshaniwa. To qualify my comment, we shouldn't be selling players who can do a job for us to any of our rivals.

I don't think you can make such a sweeping comment... if the move is right for the club then we should do it.

Would you rather we lost CP to the English Championship for nothing next summer or sold him to Celtic now for, say, ?500k + GMS or Scott Allan?

Would indeed have a good team - it's the punting Oshinawa and juanma that is unrealistic I think (also I think they would be on a fraction of that trio's wages)

Agreed. But I can dream...

scott herbertson

Agreed. But I can dream...

That's what being a Hearts supporter is mostly  about

:2thumbsup:

Should not sell to Celtic, any player, in any circumstances, end of.

I would say if we do (Rangers too), we add a hefty premium to the transfer fee we are looking for.

This is the real world we live in, not make believe Champy Man morals and values....

Are you new to following Hearts!??

JeanLouisValois84

If he goes to that mob watch him miraculously become Scotland's number one right back.

Correct, or made already.

Reminds me of a guy that I used to work with who goes to the gym at Herriot Watt. Massive Celtic fan called Shaun. He always had lots of info about the young Hearts players and what they were saying and doing. Certainly wasn't a journalist, but if ever you wanted a negatively slanted story on a Hearts player, Shaun was your man. Not unlike some of the stuff you read on here...

SaughtonJambo

What other players are out of contract next summer? If players such as Rossi are out of contract I'd hope we get new deals sorted it's alright being a stepping stone to a bigger club but not if we're letting them go for nothing

chester copperpot

Right, here's the low down. Believe it or not, I honestly dont care.

Rodgers DOES rate Paterson, and is one of 2 Scottish players he is trying to get in.

Celtic were told initially to bolt by Levein however I wasnt told whether or not he had put a bid in.

The update I have (today) is that Celtic have bid 400k plus offered one other player (wasnt told whether on loan or permanent). All he said was that it wasn't GMS as Rodgers wants to see him fit before making a decision on him. Oh and it could be Allen as Rodgers doesn't really want him, however I know for a fact he doesn't want to leave.

Rodgers DOES rate Paterson, and is one of 2 Scottish players he is trying to get in.

Celtic were told initially to bolt by Levein however I wasnt told whether or not he had put a bid in.

The update I have (today) is that Celtic have bid 400k plus offered one other player (wasnt told whether on loan or permanent). All he said was that it wasn't GMS as Rodgers wants to see him fit before making a decision on him. Oh and it could be Allen as Rodgers doesn't really want him, however I know for a fact he doesn't want to leave.

If what you are saying is true and I have no reason to doubt it , then that's an end to the matter .

If Celtic are offering 400k & a player it's a non starter , they are miles away from what it would take for Hearts to sell to them .

Can't see Celtic substantial increasing their offer , unless of course they really won't him badly , which I doubt going by their opening gambit .

I would take ?500k and Liam Henderson on a permanent deal tbh.

Paterson's only got 10 months left on his contract, we have to be realistic here.

Paterson to China I've heard, for an estimated 2.3 million

The words 'bite their hand off' comes to mind.

My sources strong and he has a great inside in the club

Thinking your source is Sergay , am I right ?

chester copperpot

I would take ?500k and Liam Henderson on a permanent deal tbh.

Paterson's only got 10 months left on his contract, we have to be realistic here.

I have absolutely no idea who the player is and have sent a text asking who. One other player I know its not is Mulgrew!

Captain America

Thinking your source is Sergay , am I right ?

Was thinking the same.

:hobofish:

My sources strong and he has a great inside in the club

That would represent a fantatsic deal. It would be mad for us not to offer him to Chinese clubs with the money over there and getting 1.5 for Sow with only 6 months left. It's a shame Sow has had little impact so far and is only used off the bench now. If he had torn the league up we would be in a much better baragining position for selling them players in future. I still hope in time he can start banging them in.

Captain America

Paterson to China I've heard, for an estimated 2.3 million

Chinese transfer window shut on 15th July so doubt it. 

That would represent a fantatsic deal. It would be mad for us not to offer him to Chinese clubs with the money over there and getting 1.5 for Sow with only 6 months left. It's a shame Sow has had little impact so far and is only used off the bench now. If he had torn the league up we would be in a much better baragining position for selling them players in future. I still hope in time he can start banging them in.

Please tell me you , or anyone else for that matter , is actually buying this Tom Kite !. I mean seriously ?

Please tell me you , or anyone else for that matter , is actually buying this Tom Kite !. I mean seriously ?

This. Preston would look a better bet!

Anyone agree that we seem to have an issue finding young players a position? I remember about 10-15 years ago we announced that we were adopting the Ajax method of having kids play different positions, but since then we seem to have produced a number who don't seem to quite fit any position - Eggert Jonsson, Ryan McGowan, Jordan McGhee, Calum Paterson, every young striker for the last 15 years - even that Jason Holt we couldn't seem to slot in over 70 games...

Regardless of any of this crap Paterson should have the decency and loyalty to sign a longer contract with Hearts.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Regardless of any of this crap Paterson should have the decency and loyalty to sign a longer contract with Hearts.

"Plays for the jersey" mate.

:lol:

Not buying it, just saying we would be mad not to try and generate some interest from China.

Archived