Celtic declaring interest in Paterson

mr fox

Francis Albert

Poor FA. Yet more posts from him on JKB completely lacking in any sort of clarity.

He demands such high standards of others as well.

I'd hold a professional and paid Communications Department to higher (in fact very different standards) of clarity and open-ness than a random on a message board.

But do bang on. It's a great relief that you have at last found a substitute for your unhealthy Vlad obsession.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually do not give a shite of he goes.  If he has absolutely no ambition or desire to be the best then he will sign for them and be another 2 arse cheeks on their bench.

A week before we're due to play them?

I'm shocked at these revelations. No, really, I am. Honest.

Another OF ploy to unsettle a player just before a game imo.

Francis Albert

So you don't believe the phrase "Celtic declaring interest in Paterson" is nonsense? Tell you what then, show me the comments from Brendan Rodgers that says he's interested in signing CP. Can you do that for me? No? Didn't think so.

Therefore the statement that they are declaring an interest is untrue, or to use an informal synonym, nonsense

Yes that's true, in my opinion as in yours. (But would Brendan Rogers necessarily publicly and  personally declare an interest and is that the best test?)

Our opinion that it is unfounded doesn't mean that as you suggested that all subsequent posts on the thread are nonsensical or a discussion of what turns out to be an actual rumour, and its source and motivation, is nonsensical.

But it is just possible we are drifting into semantics.

Badly from what I've heard. Second hand obviously.

In what way though? He gets paid a lot of money by the club who has given him a platform to launch a promising career, where he has made the Scotland squad, been an ever-present in the first team and played in Europe. What on earth could Neilson be doing behind the scenes that is so bad that he could be described as treating him badly?

A week before we're due to play them?

I'm shocked at these revelations. No, really, I am. Honest.

:spoton:

Alma Matters

What would be a decent fee for Paterson at the moment? ?1.5 million?

Should we sell him before 31st August if he doesn't sign a new deal or keep him for a few months in the hope that he'll sign a new deal before January?

We would be extremely fortunate to get half that.

Maybe half of that with add-ons would be more likely if it was Celtic he went to, given his contract situation.

Another OF ploy to unsettle a player just before a game imo.

Yup. They may well be interested in him. That's neither here nor there IMO.

The purpose in this story coming the week before the game is to unsettle CP and / or create some unrest within the camp.

A predictable tactic we've become accustomed to over the years.

How did the sun find out? Did they tap his phone?

Or a "source close to the player" at Riccarton... etc... etc... The usual pish.

Have Celtic actually 'declared' their interest anywhere?

Not as far as I can see, no. However when this point was raised early in the thread, there developed a great big rammy over the merits of debating that very same important fact.

If our manager treated him better he would have signed by now.

How do you know this?

Gene Parmesan

He has literally been linked with Celtic more often on this forum than he has in the media.

Yes that's true, in my opinion as in yours. (But would Brendan Rogers necessarily publicly and  personally declare an interest and is that the best test?)

Our opinion that it is unfounded doesn't mean that as you suggested that all subsequent posts on the thread are nonsensical or a discussion of what turns out to be an actual rumour, and its source and motivation, is nonsensical.

But it is just possible we are drifting into semantics.

If 99% of people on here believe it to be either nonsense, rubbish, lies, rumour, conjecture and/or speculation, then I think we are sailing the good ship semantics at a rate of knots! I'm just fed up with it on here, personally. There's enough crap in the media about CP and until something actually happens, like a bid is formally submitted, then we should simply ignore it.

He should be sold if we cannot agree an extension to his deal........I want him to stay but a club is also a business.  Losing him would be a blow but it is what you replace him with that makes the difference.

Given there are delays re the contract it's more likely his agent and possibly the club are looking to generate interest in him............transfer deals are really not innocent phone calls between the clubs/managers these days.

It would not surprise me if this is leaked to get things moving on the transfer front and to flush out any possible suitors.

PS I wonder where the papers lifted the story from..us perhaps ?

But gaffer i should be playing like a winger

Callum you need to improve on your defending, even the gadges on JKB agree with me on this.

Aw gaffer you treat me so badly, I'm away to mouth off with some bloke that knows JKB posters....

He has literally been linked with Celtic more often on this forum than he has in the media.

Bingo! That's where I'm at with it, it's a vicious circle. The Sun/Record exclusive has probably come from this very forum, which is depressing.

But gaffer i should be playing like a winger

Callum you need to improve on your defending, even the gadges on JKB agree with me on this.

Aw gaffer you treat me so badly, I'm away to mouth off with some bloke that knows JKB posters....

:D

Have Celtic actually 'declared' their interest anywhere?

No.

Briankeenan51

Just a ? Would you take cash and gms for patterson as i would as if he wont sign a new deal think thats best deal

Malcolm Tucker

The Sun announced Ozturk, Rherras, Kitchen, Sammon before anyone on here got the slightest whiff of them. Probably more, actually, that's just off the top of my head. They clearly have someone reliable at Hearts to speak to. Not sure if the same can be said of their dealings with Celtic rumours, but the fact is them and the EEN are probably the most reliable sources for our transfers.

Briankeenan51

Few things you need to think about paterson is he happy with management does he think he is better than he is and why wont he sign new deal or have i answered that question i hope he stays but dont think he will

The Sun announced Ozturk, Rherras, Kitchen, Sammon before anyone on here got the slightest whiff of them. Probably more, actually, that's just off the top of my head. They clearly have someone reliable at Hearts to speak to. Not sure if the same can be said of their dealings with Celtic rumours, but the fact is them and the EEN are probably the most reliable sources for our transfers.

The Sun certainly used to when JJ and BB were here.

Bit disappointed that you would not be a better source nowadays to be honest! :D

Clerry Jambo

Correct and they're very up on the Hibs transfer targets aswell.

Malcolm Tucker

The Sun certainly used to when JJ and BB were here.

Bit disappointed that you would not be a better source nowadays to be honest! :D

:look:

loveofthegame

Sam Nicholson would give CP nightmares defensively.

I like CP a lot but if he isn't going to sign a new contract then I would prefer we cash in ASAP to maximise what we'll get. Throw in a decent Celtic squad player or 2 and could well end up better for us than just keeping CP for another year.

Bazzas right boot

If they give us Scott Allan, Ryan Christie, and GMS in exchange it wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

3 guys get 1st team football.

Celtic don't spend a penny.

Paterson gets his move.

Heart's move on a player that seems he us not wanting to stay.

Celtic move on 3players that the want rid.

Win, win, win!

scott herbertson

Paterson gets his move.

Win, win, win!

If we pay those players' wages we would be substantially out of pocket - not far off ?1million in a year i would guess

Guess The Crowd

Correct. They also seemed to have a very clear insight during the last few dark days before administration.

Paterson gets his move.

Win, win, win!

Conveniently forgetting that all 3 Celtic players are tied into contracts earning way more than we could pay them. Plus Celtic can have Paterson for sweeties in a year if they really want  him. A year in which he'll be further developed and playing regularly for us.

Smith&Weston

This deal will happen. Just depends on the terms. I would personally take Allen on a permanent and any of GMS, Armstrong or Christie on loan for a season with 500k.

If they want Paterson, they need to bargain as teams in the championship will take him and probably spend ?2m without thinking about it.

Losing Paterson and gaining 2 good Scottish players would be a great deal for the club.

Dagger Is Back

If we pay those players' wages we would be substantially out of pocket - not far off ?1million in a year i would guess

Was just about to type something along those lines. Would cost us a bloody fortune.

Its win win win for Patterson Re of what pans out

Hopefully Hearts can get something from what looks like Patterson's inevitable move

Fingers crossed

Francis Albert

You can add Nikolay Todorov for one. "According to the Scottish Sun ..." in the HITC site report about him being offered a contract.

I dunno, I mean they are being moved on because they are not 'celtic quality' therefore they do not deserve 'Celtic Quality' wages. Whilst I do think they would be on the higher end of our pay scale. 

1 thing Scott Allan needs to get through into his head is he needs game time. He has spent the last 5 years getting undeserved moves based off of potential he so far hasn't realised. He was getting somewhere at Hibs but again forced a move. I'm reluctant to touch him tbh, but if Neilson and Levein can work with him then so be it.

Even when he was doing well at Hibs Paterson was more effect and he's a right back  :uhoh2:

GMS is an absolute cert to spend half of whatever deal we give him on the treatment table too :(

I'd really prefer we get cash and pick up whoever is inevitably released.

(Players I'd rather we get would be Henderson or Macgregor)

scott herbertson

I dunno, I mean they are being moved on because they are not 'celtic quality' therefore they do not deserve 'Celtic Quality' wages. Whilst I do think they would be on the higher end of our pay scale. 

1 thing Scott Allan needs to get through into his head is he needs game time. He has spent the last 5 years getting undeserved moves based off of potential he so far hasn't realised. He was getting somewhere at Hibs but again forced a move. I'm reluctant to touch him tbh, but if Neilson and Levein can work with him then so be it.

Even when he was doing well at Hibs Paterson was more effect and he's a right back  :uhoh2:

GMS is an absolute cert to spend half of whatever deal we give him on the treatment table too :(

I'd really prefer we get cash and pick up whoever is inevitably released.

(Players I'd rather we get would be Henderson or Macgregor)

I agree - rather have the money and see who we can get. Just as an example Scott Allan has three years to run on a contract with wages of around ?520,000 a year. Why would he give that up to come and play for Hearts for much less?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-allan-completes-celtic-medical-6252556

If, and its a huge if, this move happens its the first real test of Budge and Leveins metal in the market. The club is secure financialy and can afford to name its price rather than take what they get, even if that means saying no and getting another 40 games out of CP and taking the compensation next year, whatever that ends up being.

CP is still one of our better players, if its between losing him for 500k now or 250k compo, i'd rather have the extra year out of him.

As for thinking we will get half the celtic team on loan/swap. Hibs got Henderson and McGeogh who were nowhere near the Celtic first team (as Henderson has shown again this year). Getting one of the three on folks wishlists would be useful, but factoring in the wage bump for whoever may come i expect hearts first choice would be cash.

What you never know about player deals is that wages may be dependant on appearances and such like.

Maybe Scott Allan will earn ?10k a week if he plays 25 games a season. Maybe he earns ?2k a week if he doesn't start any. Maybe he's been told he won't start any.

Maybe he has a clause that says if you don't play 25 games in your first season we can cut your contract short.

So it all depends...

If, and its a huge if, this move happens its the first real test of Budge and Leveins metal in the market. The club is secure financialy and can afford to name its price rather than take what they get, even if that means saying no and getting another 40 games out of CP and taking the compensation next year, whatever that ends up being.

CP is still one of our better players, if its between losing him for 500k now or 250k compo, i'd rather have the extra year out of him.

As for thinking we will get half the celtic team on loan/swap. Hibs got Henderson and McGeogh who were nowhere near the Celtic first team (as Henderson has shown again this year). Getting one of the three on folks wishlists would be useful, but factoring in the wage bump for whoever may come i expect hearts first choice would be cash.

I'd say that the Sow transfer has to be considered as a real test of Hearts/Levein/Budge's 'mettle' in the transfer market before anything that happens with Paterson, no?

I say that with regards do we say yes to whatever we are offered. Sow was an extraordinary offer that Hearts could not refuse. If that Chinese club had offered 300k would we have taken it? Harder. Celtic or any English side are unlikely to be as keen to part with their own cash just for the status of signing someone for big money.

I say that with regards do we say yes to whatever we are offered. Sow was an extraordinary offer that Hearts could not refuse. If that Chinese club had offered 300k would we have taken it? Harder. Celtic or any English side are unlikely to be as keen to part with their own cash just for the status of signing someone for big money.

I don't think the Chinese club in question signed Sow for "the status of signing someone for big money" either though.

We can agree to disagree, I dont feel any club from any other league would have paid that sort of money for him. And the circumstances are different from Paterson.

Brandan Rogers would probably have a footballing brain and not play CP at right back.

Archived