Celtic declaring interest in Paterson

mr fox

May be in all parties best interests if this happens

How much will we get 12 months left on contract ?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A week before we're due to play them?

I'm shocked at these revelations. No, really, I am. Honest.

If they give us Scott Allan, Ryan Christie, and GMS in exchange it wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

What a pointless OP. All of this is just conjecture. If there is anything solid then it'll be made clear as they'll bid for him. In the meantime folk should just forget it!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I really don't think they want him.

August Landmesser

How does this work then, should we declare an interest in The Thumb?

If only to put in the Museum with all the other mementoes from 19/05/12

I really don't think they want him.

Neither do I. Which makes all the nonsensical posts on here about it even more nonsensical!

Ryan Jarman

I'm going to hazard a guess at either The Sun or Daily Record are running an EXCLUSIVE story on this. 

letsalldothebeattie

Don't think Celtic want him but did see earlier this morning talks over a new deal have stalled between player & club and we may be forced to sell & "Celtic are interested"

I hope we can get him on a new deal even if it is just to sell him on next summer or even this window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

So maybe the OP's post wasn't quite as nonsensical after all? Whether there is any basis or not, these reports or conjectures before OF games are ten a penny. So I don't understand why the OP was immediately dismissed as "nonsensical" and "even more nonsensical". The RVP news if true will probably relegate it in the mainstream media for a few days I'd guess.

heartsfc_fan

If we got cash + a player (GMS or Allen) then I'd be willing to listen.

We_are_the_Hearts

We will get next to hee haw compensation as never came through the ranks as a boy

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Not really the point.

I apologise. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Better if he goes to England. Someone will take him I'm sure.

I'm declaring an Interest In Mila

kunis. I'll be expecting a phone call from her to arrange our date on Saturday.

I got as far as The Scottish Sun and stopped reading. I suspect they have an interest in a number of defenders he may be one of them but it's just the usual noise up before we play them. We won't roll over that's for sure.

Neil Strevens

Would take Allan but not Mackay-Steven, though the problem with a cash + player deal would be the wages they are on unless Celtic give the departing player a pay-off which could be spread over a couple of years.

Obviously, would prefer Paterson going to England.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are behind any media stories. If he won't sign a contract (which is disappointing as he is far from the finished article) then we need to create a market.

I believe he will sign a new contract. The club need to recognise the value to the club and reward him. He will be gone in the next 18 months regardless.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm declaring an Interest In Mila

kunis. I'll be expecting a phone call from her to arrange our date on Saturday.

Shall we expect her soon on the left wing? ???

Who starts these rumours. It's about time they were named and shamed. Won't happen though.

Gorgie_Rules

If he doesn't want to sign a 2 year extension now then we should cash in. He'll end up signing a pre-contract elsewhere in January and we will get nothing. His performances in 2016 haven't been as good as previous seasons but he is obviously talent. When Rherras signed it was claimed he could play both sides so would have no problem with putting him out there Rossi to left back and Souttar in, or Souttar at right back. Also Liam Smith but not sure he is ready yet to be first pick right back.

Scott Allan had 1 year on his contract I'm sure, Hibs got Henderson on loan, Mcgeouch permanent and some spare change,  and Patterson has more potential than Allan so we at least know where to start the negotiations.

If they give us Scott Allan, Ryan Christie, and GMS in exchange it wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

I think we might accept SA, GMS and a wee bit of cash!

Plays for the jersey, so I'd expect he will sign a new contract with Hearts instead.

I believe he will sign a new contract. The club need to recognise the value to the club and reward him. He will be gone in the next 18 months regardless.

I wish I shared your optimism :(

I really like Paterson and I cannot abide us playing feeder to the OF.

Have you anything that backs up your point of view? (Just asking, lol can't think of a way of phrasing that without it sounding like i'm jumping down your throat) :)

I get the feeling that we've tried to improve paterson as a RB by forcing him to play too defensively, he's taken the huff and wants out.

Is anyone a bit worried by whats not coming out of the academy ? I get that there we are still in a transition period but its a bit worrying :(

Tokyo Drifter

Hearts could cash in ... Celtic thought to be interested but ...

Absolute nonsense of a story. Ignore.

Francis Albert

Hearts could cash in ... Celtic thought to be interested but ...

Absolute nonsense of a story. Ignore.

Right, Rumours about player transfers another topic not to be addressed on JKB.

They happen. Some have more substance than others.

Perhaps we should just ignore the false rumours!

Right, Rumours about player transfers another topic not to be addressed on JKB.

They happen. Some have more substance than others.

Perhaps we should just ignore the false rumours!

Is he not just making the same point as you did in your first post though FA?

So maybe the OP's post wasn't quite as nonsensical after all? Whether there is any basis or not, these reports or conjectures before OF games are ten a penny. So I don't understand why the OP was immediately dismissed as "nonsensical" and "even more nonsensical". The RVP news if true will probably relegate it in the mainstream media for a few days I'd guess.

What a terrible post. The OP's post was one of many on here that have been utterly nonsensical about CP, even including GMS being included in some sort of fantasy swap deal! 

The OP claims "Celtic declaring interest in Paterson". That's simply not true though, is it? It's nonsense. You've admitted that it is conjecture but won't say it's nonsensical? Aye, ok then! :lol:

If Celtic come out and openly declare an interest in CP, or better still, make an actual offer for him then fair enough. Until then, it's all a load of bull and I'll continue to call it nonsense until it's proven otherwise, if it's all the same to you.

Poor FA. Yet more posts from him on JKB completely lacking in any sort of clarity.

He demands such high standards of others as well.

Francis Albert

I don't think so. My first post raised suspicion about the source of ad motivation of the rumour. I don't think that means the OP was wrong to post it (especially since it seems there is some substance to it being a rumour, not just something the OP invented) or that it should be ignored.

As I've said if JKB restricts itself to discussing substantiated facts then it won't need as big a server or whatever.

Fxxx the SPFL

Who starts these rumours. It's about time they were named and shamed. Won't happen though.

Bookies to make more cash, they cut the odds for someone player/manager etc from say 20/1 to 12/1 then a wee twitter message appears saying RVP to Rangers and the betting goes mental, RVP doesn't sign for Rangers bookies make a killing something along those lines.

I don't think so. My first post raised suspicion about the source of ad motivation of the rumour. I don't think that means the OP was wrong to post it (especially since it seems there is some substance to it being a rumour, not just something the OP invented) or ignored.

As I've said if JKB restricts itself to discussing substantiated facts then it won't need as big a server or whatever.

You didn't say that though. You should really have stated expressly what you thought in order that the people reading your post were clear precisely where you stood. You can't rely on people to come to their own conclusions. You need to be transparent and clear.

Francis Albert

What a terrible post. The OP's post was one of many on here that have been utterly nonsensical about CP, even including GMS being included in some sort of fantasy swap deal! 

The OP claims "Celtic declaring interest in Paterson". That's simply not true though, is it? It's nonsense. You've admitted that it is conjecture but won't say it's nonsensical? Aye, ok then! :lol:

If Celtic come out and openly declare an interest in CP, or better still, make an actual offer for him then fair enough. Until then, it's all a load of bull and I'll continue to call it nonsense until it's proven otherwise, if it's all the same to you.

Conjecture may or may not prove to have substance. See the RVP thread but I'd not dismiss that thread as "nonsensical" just yet.

I don't think so. My first post raised suspicion about the source of ad motivation of the rumour. I don't think that means the OP was wrong to post it (especially since it seems there is some substance to it being a rumour, not just something the OP invented) or ignored.

Oh right. The way I read it was, you were saying that such a story was just troublemaking from the media ahead of a Hearts v Celtic game and that there most likely wasn't any truth in it. I further misinterpreted the situation by thinking that the post you quoted was also making this point by highlighting the lack of solid quotes about interest.

You can maybe see how I made such an outlandish assumption?

Francis Albert

Oh right. The way I read it was, you were saying that such a story was just troublemaking from the media ahead of a Hearts v Celtic game and that there most likely wasn't any truth in it. I further misinterpreted the situation by thinking that the post you quoted was also making this point by highlighting the lack of solid quotes about interest.

You can maybe see how I made such an outlandish assumption?

I think your assumption wasn't at all outlandish - in fact pretty much spot on I'd say.

But I didn't say we should ignore it on the assumption it is false - rumours and why and when they surface are a valid topic IMO.

Conjecture may or may not prove to have substance. See the RVP thread but I'd not dismiss that thread as "nonsensical" just yet.

So you don't believe the phrase "Celtic declaring interest in Paterson" is nonsense? Tell you what then, show me the comments from Brendan Rodgers that says he's interested in signing CP. Can you do that for me? No? Didn't think so.

Therefore the statement that they are declaring an interest is untrue, or to use an informal synonym, nonsense

If our manager treated him better he would have signed by now.

C'mon now that's just a cheap unsubstantiated statement. Have a go at the manager for his results etc but we really don't know how the manager treats him...do we?

Jack Kelly's Hands

What would be a decent fee for Paterson at the moment? ?1.5 million?

Should we sell him before 31st August if he doesn't sign a new deal or keep him for a few months in the hope that he'll sign a new deal before January?

Archived