Durar Drive, Clermiston.

The Gasman

Comments on Facebook that Durar Drive has had to be closed off due to an ongoing police incident....

Apparently a flat was/is on fire - police, fire, and ambulance all have emergency controls there - and people have required treatment for injuries not related to the fire....

Sounds pretty serious....

An explanation of what happened. Posted by a lassie on Facebook.

Sarah Montgomery .....

Today I experienced every parents nightmare, my son trapped in the house for well over an hour and having to be rescued by fire fighters. He was the child who had to be taken to sick kids due to smoke inhalation but thankfully he is ok. A crazed alcoholic decided to go to my neighbour and kick in her door she ran to my house with her 3 and 4 yr old children. Thankfully Lee was home and allowed them in. He then tried to stab Lee several times but Lee managed to over power him and get the knive away and put him to the ground. After getting back to our house and ensuring rhys, nikki and the 2 wee ones were safe the arse hole tried to kick in my door screaming he was to kill the children. He set fire to my neighbours house and had full intentions of doing the same to mine. I am so so thankful Lee was there and kept everyone safe. I'm absolutely devastated nikki and Christian and their poor children have lost absolutely everything. The immediate response from the police and cid was amazing. Houses and belongings can be replaced lives can't. Lee really is my real life superhero his natural responses saved not only his own but 4 other lives today and for that I will be eternally grateful.

John Findlay

Has that Facebook posting just prevented the accused from getting a fair trial?

Stephane Grappelli

Hopefully not, she doesn't seemed to have named the chap. Jurors are also given plenty of chances to say if they have any knowledge of the case or the people involved in it.

The person is currently being assessed under some section of the mental health act - so, depending on the outcome of the assessment, it may not even make it to trial.

An explanation of what happened. Posted by a lassie on Facebook.

Sarah Montgomery .....

Today I experienced every parents nightmare, my son trapped in the house for well over an hour and having to be rescued by fire fighters. He was the child who had to be taken to sick kids due to smoke inhalation but thankfully he is ok. A crazed alcoholic decided to go to my neighbour and kick in her door she ran to my house with her 3 and 4 yr old children. Thankfully Lee was home and allowed them in. He then tried to stab Lee several times but Lee managed to over power him and get the knive away and put him to the ground. After getting back to our house and ensuring rhys, nikki and the 2 wee ones were safe the arse hole tried to kick in my door screaming he was to kill the children. He set fire to my neighbours house and had full intentions of doing the same to mine. I am so so thankful Lee was there and kept everyone safe. I'm absolutely devastated nikki and Christian and their poor children have lost absolutely everything. The immediate response from the police and cid was amazing. Houses and belongings can be replaced lives can't. Lee really is my real life superhero his natural responses saved not only his own but 4 other lives today and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I worked with her man Lee. Top lad and an absolute tank which is just as well by the sounds of it.

Archived