Jesus Christ

Michael_Jackson

Michael_Jackson

Hopefully a Christian can answer this one for me.

Why is Jesus depicted as a white man when he was supposedly born in Judea, which I believe is modern day Palestine. I'm not sure how many Middle Eastern men have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Rudi-Robertson

It's like Noah's Ark. Where did he find 2 polar bears and 6 Penguins in 30 degree heat FFS

Never seen The Life Of Brian?

Yeah but that was Brian, not JC. Different messiahs.

It's like Noah's Ark. Where did he find 2 polar bears and 6 Penguins in 30 degree heat FFS

And why were all the animals only the ones living in discovered countries at the time even although we now know they are tens of thousands of years old. Did God not know his own creations?

How did Adam & Eve's kids have their own kids? Who did they mate with?

Didn't they also only have 2 sons?

What I've always wondered is what happened to Bejesus between the ages of 2 days old and his 30th birthday. Plenty written before and after for the son of God but nothing in between. Seems strange for someone who was already known to be a big deal.

Michael_Jackson

No Christians yet? Will pop in again later and see if any have appeared.

Unknown user

Hopefully a Christian can answer this one for me.

Why is Jesus depicted as a white man when he was supposedly born in Judea, which I believe is modern day Palestine. I'm not sure how many Middle Eastern men have blonde hair and blue eyes.

I'm not a christian, but basically early Christianity was more about symbology than iconology, and it wasn't til a few hundred years later that people really started depicting old jebus. So they simply couldn't be accurate, artistic license HAD to be used.

It's all so mixed up, he's been white, brown, dark eyed, blue eyed, you name it. I guess people made him look like a handsome version of their people, wherever they were.

I watched a thing on medieval art recently, it was really interesting

What I've always wondered is what happened to Bejesus between the ages of 2 days old and his 30th birthday. Plenty written before and after for the son of God but nothing in between. Seems strange for someone who was already known to be a big deal.

Training.

alwaysthereinspirit

No Christians yet? Will pop in again later and see if any have appeared.

I'm a Christian but I spell it Kristen.

How very right on.

Lets all mock the Christians.

How very safe.

And after what happened to that old priest today .

Its like the fekin young ones on here.

Jambo-Jimbo

In Egypt.

How very right on.

How very safe.

If religion is to exist, which sadly it does then you betcha it is going to be mocked. It deserves nothing less.

How very right on.

How very safe.

That's a god awful Haiku.....

Adam and Eve had three named sons; Cain, Abel, and Seth.  After that, they had an unspecified number of sons and daughters.

Riddley Walker

How very right on.

How very safe.

Jake you used to be a decent contributor on here but now you're so blinded by your dislike of Islam it's all you ever post about.

People on here are going to know a lot more about Christianity so it's probably more likely it's going to be openly mocked.

I have just as much disdain for Islam as I do for any organised religion, if that makes you feel any better.

Jambo 4 Ever

Adam and Eve had three named sons; Cain, Abel, and Seth. After that, they had an unspecified number of sons and daughters.

So did the brothers and sisters mate?

And how did some become white and some black?

Riddley Walker

So did the brothers and sisters mate?

And how did some become white and some black?

Adam had black semen and Eve had white eggs, obviously.

Adam had black semen and Eve had white eggs, obviously.

Great end to this thread :thumb:

Jake you used to be a decent contributor on here but now you're so blinded by your dislike of Islam it's all you ever post about.

People on here are going to know a lot more about Christianity so it's probably more likely it's going to be openly mocked.

I have just as much disdain for Islam as I do for any organised religion, if that makes you feel any better.

It does make me feel better.

And i will try take the hint.

Get him signed. We need someone to get on the end of crosses.

Hahaha he would also come with a wikipedia saying he is shit hot but will do **** all when he signs.

Also as someone recently asked why do all medieval paintings of Adam and Eve show them as having belly buttons?

How very right on.

How very safe.

Christians die every day.

Can't say I've ever saw a blonde depiction of Jesus to be fair.

Max von Sydow. Greatest story ever told. I think.

luckyBatistuta

Yeah but that was Brian, not JC. Different messiahs.

Was he not Bwian...

And the polar bears and penguins :4_1_72:

Had a good chuckle at this thread, but can you imagine the seethe from some and the attention this thread could possibly get, if certain things were said about :gag:

John Findlay

Adam came first, Eve second. Normal practise. They had two sons. Cain and Able. So if man and woman create child. How did work with two sons? To make matters worse. Can killed able. So the Earth's population should have come to an abrupt end?

Adam came first, Eve second. Normal practise. They had two sons. Cain and Able. So if man and woman create child. How did work with two sons? To make matters worse. Can killed able. So the Earth's population should have come to an abrupt end?

You're trying to bring science into religion. It won't work. As soon as you start proving your arguement Christians will just get all pissy and start a fight. Or just call it gods will because apparently that makes every other arguement invalid.

Bible said they had other sons and daughters after.

Optimus Prime

It also says Adam lived to be 900 odd years old.

John Findlay

They are never named. Furthermore funny how the bible is quiet on Jesus from his birth until he gives his first sermon in the temple allegedly aged 12. Is that because we all know that children can misbehave and the son of God wouldn't have been as perfect as the bible claims?

Also, the bible is strong on it's views of sex out of marraige and kids being born out of wedlock. Well who was around to do the marraige of Adam and Eve? It means that Eve was an unmarried little slut. The shame.

jack D and coke

If religion is to exist, which sadly it does then you betcha it is going to be mocked. It deserves nothing less.

I agree however can we have a thread mocking Muhammed and Islam too? I think you'd see hugely different reactions to the posts mocking him and it. You've got to tippy toe round that pile of shite.

I agree however can we have a thread mocking Muhammed and Islam too? I think you'd see hugely different reactions to the posts mocking him and it. You've got to tippy toe round that pile of shite.

Oh yeah I totally get that. Christianity is the safest and easiest target. At least Christians tend to not behead you for slagging Jesus. Do you watch Pat Condell's blogs on you tube? He does not hold back with Islam but even he does not say anything about Mohammed in fear of death.

jack D and coke

Oh yeah I totally get that. Christianity is the safest and easiest target. At least Christians tend to not behead you for slagging Jesus. Do you watch Pat Condell's blogs on you tube? He does not hold back with Islam but even he does not say anything about Mohammed in fear of death.

I've seen a couple of them on various social media sites aye. You're never sure what to think about these guys opinions at times even though there's a lot you can agree with.

There's almost a fear with agreeing with anyone who criticises Islam in that some people can't wait to pounce on you and scream you're a racist my local newsagent doesn't think that!

Michael_Jackson

How very right on.

How very safe.

Too right, what are Christians going to do? Forgive me? Unlike those Muslim bampots, games up the pole with them. They take things too far.

Archived