How are they getting on with that punishment for the Hampden pitch invasion?

Hammys goal celebrations

...a bit disco

It seems other fans (not just those you raised their fists) are now being written to by Hibs, and asked to attend some sort of meeting with the club, to discuss their behaviour on going onto the pitch....

Hibernian FC fans suspected of being involved in the Scottish Cup final pitch invasion have been sent letters from club officials putting their membership "on hold".

Supporters have been told they must contact the Edinburgh club to "discuss any involvement" in the disorder following Hibs' 3-2 win against Rangers at Hampden on May 21.

The letters, signed by football safety officer Robert McGregor, claim that he is in "possession of information" of which fans were on the pitch after the final whistle.

"The club understands that supporters were overjoyed to win the Scottish Cup, however we also recognise that anyone leaving their seat and going on to the pitch is a serious matter, amounts to unacceptable conduct and places those on the pitch and others at risk," he wrote.

"The purpose of this letter is to request that you make contact with me to arrange an appointment to discuss any involvement you may have had in the events that took place at full-time on May 21, 2016. In the meantime your membership has been placed 'on hold'."

A spokesman for the club refused to confirm how many letters had been sent out, describing them as "private communication" to individual supporters.

A total of 38 people have so far been arrested in connection with the pitch invasion, which saw mounted officers called in to restore order.

The SFA described the conduct of some fans as "contemptible behaviour".

Police inquiries are ongoing and an independent commission report, requested by the SFA, is expected to be published later this week.

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/1361927-hibernian-fc-demands-meetings-with-pitch-invasion-suspects/

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nookie Bear

Hibernian FC fans suspected of being involved in the Scottish Cup final pitch invasion have been sent letters from club officials putting their membership "on hold".

Supporters have been told they must contact the Edinburgh club to "discuss any involvement" in the disorder following Hibs' 3-2 win against Rangers at Hampden on May 21.

The letters, signed by football safety officer Robert McGregor, claim that he is in "possession of information" of which fans were on the pitch after the final whistle.

"The club understands that supporters were overjoyed to win the Scottish Cup, however we also recognise that anyone leaving their seat and going on to the pitch is a serious matter, amounts to unacceptable conduct and places those on the pitch and others at risk," he wrote.

"The purpose of this letter is to request that you make contact with me to arrange an appointment to discuss any involvement you may have had in the events that took place at full-time on May 21, 2016. In the meantime your membership has been placed 'on hold'."

A spokesman for the club refused to confirm how many letters had been sent out, describing them as "private communication" to individual supporters.

A total of 38 people have so far been arrested in connection with the pitch invasion, which saw mounted officers called in to restore order.

The SFA described the conduct of some fans as "contemptible behaviour".

Police inquiries are ongoing and an independent commission report, requested by the SFA, is expected to be published later this week.

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/1361927-hibernian-fc-demands-meetings-with-pitch-invasion-suspects/

I assume he is excluding fans that were merely showing exuberance on the pitch, otherwise he is talking about thousands of fans.

Fair play to hibs in some respect they are at least putting a bit of a show on here. Rangers on the other hand.....playing the very celtic like victim card. Not that we should be surprised!

Fair play to hibs in some respect they are at least putting a bit of a show on here. Rangers on the other hand.....playing the very celtic like victim card. Not that we should be surprised!

Clever move by Hibs. Paper exercise I would think.

Yip. As I say it's a show. Not showing the rangers in a good light but I'm sure the weeg media will sweep sweep.

Was thinking exactly the same myself. Trying to cover their arses and lessen the punishment when it is eventually handed out. Notice no word on how many letters have been sent out, a couple, more likely so they can try and say they have done something about it.

That shite that the security chief is in possession of evidence is a complete bloody joke, the evidence was there live on TV and hundreds would be very easily identifiable from the TV pictures alone never mind the CCTV and other TV cameras around the stadium and photographers cameras (well the ones that weren't stolen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking exactly the same myself. Trying to cover their arses and lessen the punishment when it is eventually handed out. Notice no word on how many letters have been sent out, a couple more likely so they can try and say they have done something about it.

That shite that the security chief is in possession of evidence is a complete bloody joke, the evidence was there live on Arab and hundreds would be very easily identifiable from the TV pictures alone never mind the CCTV and other TV cameras around the stadium and photographers cameras (well the ones that weren't stolen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By all accounts they've used social media to track a large number down. Facebook in particular has been a source for a lot of identification.

Lots of look at me on the pitch pictures now being quickly deleted!

It's a clever move. Unless they were one of the ones fighting or doing criminal damage then it'll just be a slap on the wrist. Nothing to worry about for the majority but it'll likely lessen the fine etc as they are being pro active. Good move if you ask me. those tearing up the pitch and wrecking goalposts should get more than a slapped wrist though and I would be bricking it if I was one of them

Shanks said no

What do they mean by your membership has been placed 'on hold'. Do they mean their season tickets or do Hibs have a membership scheme?

What do they mean by your membership has been placed 'on hold'. Do they mean their season tickets or do Hibs have a membership scheme?

I think to buy a ticket for ER you need to be on their database.

They did work a loyalty scheme like us but I think that has been scrapped.

Sevco are sending out these letters to arrested fans informing them they are banned indefinitely.

2f7e1e4690c135a28b18a74c65886236.jpg

I would say that blows the Hibs effort out the water..

Banned indefinitely from all games and their season tickets forfeited..

Where as Hibs have their memberships revoked.. which means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things..

Maroon Sailor

They should just ban Hibs for an indefinite period

If arseholes think the way to celebrate a cup win is to dig up the pitch, break the goalposts and cause a rammy then they should be told to do one until they get their house in order.

Nookie Bear

If arseholes think the way to celebrate a cup win is to dig up the pitch, break the goalposts and cause a rammy then they should be told to do one until they get their house in order.

The SFA should have reacted the day afer the final to say that the scenes were unacceptable and action will be taken against both clubs for the pitch invasion, the level of which to be determined.

The thread on hibs net is hilarious. Lots of calls of these letters being a hoax then reality hits followed by outrage and lots of season tickets getting returned.

Only hibs fans could wait 114 years and then make this much of an arse of winning the thing!!

I believe from reading the thread if you don't go along to a meeting you can't gain access to Easter Road or buy away tickets....its going to get messy!! Only a few have pointed out it was wrong the rest sticking by the exuberance excuse.

punkrockcroc

My thoughts exactly, hibs won't ban anybody permanently they need as many fans as possible.

What a shambolic lot of cretins they really are - why can't they just be fined for the damages and additional police time, say 350,000 pounds and banned from both Cup competitions for three years?

Sevco are sending out these letters to arrested fans informing them they are banned indefinitely.

Fair play to the Current Buns on that one.  Wtf are Hibs doing? Not even spent  a penny even replacing what was newly laid turf.

What a shambolic lot of cretins they really are - why can't they just be fined for the damages and additional police time, say 350,000 pounds and banned from both Cup competitions for three years?

Because that length of ban would be totally unjustified I imagine

Angus Young

Typical of the lying King no refund lol

I would say that blows the Hibs effort out the water..

Banned indefinitely from all games and their season tickets forfeited..

Where as Hibs have their memberships revoked.. which means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things..

Sevco's letter is to those who were on the pitch and arrested - Hibs letter is to those who were on the pitch and not arrested.

Sevco's letter is to those who were on the pitch and arrested - Hibs letter is to those who were on the pitch and not arrested.

There's a few squeaky bums around about this. Spoke to a guy today's who says his brother has been summoned by the club. He was on the pitch and helped himself to some turf......

Although I still think this could be the most elaborate hoax in history masterminded by Hibs.net just to get us yams going......or maybe not!

Shanks said no

If this is true then where is Hibs football safety officer Robert McGregor getting his information. Is it from the police or a (eating) grass line? 

Perth to Paisley

Both clubs will get a minimal fine and a suspended larger fine that will be almost certainly impossible to materialise .(both clubs have to play each other in the Cup Final on a Sunday when snow is two feet deep and Rangers are wearing green)

Big rug being lifted for whole days events to be swept under)

Both clubs will get a minimal fine and a suspended larger fine that will be almost certainly impossible to materialise .(both clubs have to play each other in the Cup Final on a Sunday when snow is two feet deep and Rangers are wearing green)

Big rug being lifted for whole days events to be swept under)

I would expect Hibs to get a larger fine, to cover the cost of the damage done by their fans. As far as I could make out, Rangers fans were not involved in acts of vandalism.

So both should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute, and Hibs also cop the costs of the damage caused by their fans.  That way, the GFA can get away with fining Rangers a modest amount while still being able to justify hitting Hibs with a much bigger fine.

Couldn't be bothered finding the big thread so this'll do.

Latest pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lol. I know who number 72 is...

Rudi-Robertson

Agree with the General jist of your post but go to the Hampden museum and the Wembley '77 goalposts and pitch invasion will no doubt be proudly displayed as a wee jolly jape. I could be wrong off course but that seems to be our biggest achievement at international level it seems

Seymour M Hersh

Lol. I know who number 72 is...

Crimestoppers 

You can phone Crimestoppers to pass on information about crime anonymously, call 0800 555 111.

Credit to The Rangers on their letter. No nonsense and straight to the point.

But - without knowing how many folk they've sent them to, it remains hard to judge how seriously they are taking it. With only 38 arrests made in total covering both clubs supporters - its safe to assume these letters aren't exactly going to be a common sight.

Hibs? Contact them to dicuss any involvement? Aye ok then, lets see how that goes. No mention of what these discussions will involve or the potential outcomes. No real mention of the severity of the matter.

Its a token gesture at best in a bid to save their own arses. 

Tough words eventually from both clubs.

Maybe they have inside information on what the investigations conclusions are.

Hobs via Petrie.

Rangers, Regan and Doncaster.

Fan jailed....Rangers fan jailed for 4 months after taking part in cup final riot

A RANGERS fan has been jailed for four months for his part in the pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final earlier this year.

Season ticket holder David MacDonald, 50, admitted jumping over an advertising barrier and making his way on to the pitch after the final whistle had blown.

He gesticulated at Hibs fans after their 3-2 win and tried to start a fight with one of them, before he was knocked to the ground.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard he confronted an individual for a few seconds before being punched.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-who-took-part-8521775#oiUZrpaVlEcHK2ko.99

Fan jailed....Rangers fan jailed for 4 months after taking part in cup final riot

A RANGERS fan has been jailed for four months for his part in the pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final earlier this year.

Season ticket holder David MacDonald, 50, admitted jumping over an advertising barrier and making his way on to the pitch after the final whistle had blown.

He gesticulated at Hibs fans after their 3-2 win and tried to start a fight with one of them, before he was knocked to the ground.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard he confronted an individual for a few seconds before being punched.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-who-took-part-8521775#oiUZrpaVlEcHK2ko.99

Beamer

Sixteen men have been charged after a disturbance believed to have involved Aberdeen and Maribor fans after the teams met in the Europa League.

Police Scotland said there was a "minor disturbance" in the Chapel Street area in the early hours of Friday.

They said 13 were from Eastern Europe and three were local.

The men were aged from 19 to 41.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-36923444

Rudi-Robertson

Sixteen men have been charged after a disturbance believed to have involved Aberdeen and Maribor fans after the teams met in the Europa League.

Police Scotland said there was a "minor disturbance" in the Chapel Street area in the early hours of Friday.

They said 13 were from Eastern Europe and three were local.

The men were aged from 19 to 41.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-36923444

The same thing happened when they played the wee team

Crimestoppers

You can phone Crimestoppers to pass on information about crime anonymously, call 0800 555 111.

I believe he has already been reported. He has deleted his Facebook as well.

I have to say that I couldn't give the slightest **** about arrests. I want the club fined, and fined hard.

Ron Burgundy

Who?

He's implying you're a grass like Lee Wallace.

It's hibs new thing.

He's 100% vermin.

Nookie Bear

I have to say that I couldn't give the slightest **** about arrests. I want the club fined, and fined hard.

This.

Adam Murray

Four months jail for taking a punch in the pus and getting knocked out after acting all hard, what a riddy.

Archived