How are they getting on with that punishment for the Hampden pitch invasion?

Hammys goal celebrations

Hammys goal celebrations

Just wondering where we were at regarding any punishments being meted out by our 'whiter than white' football authorities, maybe their inactions and inactivity have been noted by the Olympic authorities and the 'sweep it all under the carpet' tactic is the best course of action and perhaps it will all just go away.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ferryjambo99

I suppose they might be waiting for the police to conclude their investigation. Something involving so many people will take a while

Winston Ingram

To be fair, did the SFA not commission an independent report to be written by 31st July? You'd imagine penalties will come following the release of that report because it, surely, will scrutinise exactly what went on. 

Hammys goal celebrations

'Nothing to see here, move on' - hmmmmm, I smell Hibby

Clerry Jambo

Many probably agree mate!!

Ps tongue in cheek comment honest

Going to put a slightly different slant on this and I'm no hibby before accused!

From Hibs point I'm sure they'd like to know what sort of punishment will be metered out as surely a large fine (and it should be) could/would affect their budget for the coming season. Maybe the reason they haven't been very active in the transfer market as yet.

Couldn't give a flying one tho' Tick Tock.......

To be fair, did the SFA not commission an independent report to be written by 31st July? You'd imagine penalties will come following the release of that report because it, surely, will scrutinise exactly what went on.

The independent report is only looking at policing and stewarding and what 'can be learned' It won't be deciding or recommending punishments. There is also the compliance officer report which must be due soon. That's the one that will recommend or decide punishments. I don't remember seeing a date for that.

Worth remembering that Liverpool just got their punishment by UEFA today for incidents in the stand on the 18th May. I suspect the Hampsen incident will take a lot longer

Sy

Saint Jambo

I suppose they might be waiting for the police to conclude their investigation. Something involving so many people will take a while

Don't see why. The punishment is unlikely to be for individual incidents. Regardless of whether individuals are prosecuted, it is clear that there was a massive pitch invasion.

Even in cases where the incident involved a single person (e.g. the Hearts fan who attacked Lennon) the SPL have ruled before the end of legal proceedings, where it has been clear what happened.

Going to put a slightly different slant on this and I'm no hibby before accused!

From Hibs point I'm sure they'd like to know what sort of punishment will be metered out as surely a large fine (and it should be) could/would affect their budget for the coming season. Maybe the reason they haven't been very active in the transfer market as yet.

Couldn't give a flying one tho' Tick Tock.......

They would probably just bump off More debt via an unofficial CVA.

joondalupjambo

They will need to wait for all the various bodies to report, the Police to conclude their investigations and also for the new Board members to be appointed and have their first meeting.   Don't Hibs have now one in the top table, The Tash, and one in the lower table, Demspter.   Or did they just swap membership?  Regardless is that not now set up nicely for a fudge?  Too many new faces.  Queen Ann will not want to stick the boot in either, as she is new to this game and so it could become a bit of a waffle and a low punishment.  Hope not though.

Brave Hearts

Nothing will happen.

Was only "exuberance" by a bunch of relieved centurions that had been haunted and humiliated all of their lives.

Tarnished cup winners

Rudolf's Mate

He's bang on the money. I honestly couldn't give s flying **** about what happens to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jambo-in-furness

I still think every Pitch invader that can be identified must be given a long ban from attending any football stadium but I also realise the chances of that are around zero.

MacDonald Jardine

They will need to wait for all the various bodies to report, the Police to conclude their investigations and also for the new Board members to be appointed and have their first meeting. Don't Hibs have now one in the top table, The Tash, and one in the lower table, Demspter. Or did they just swap membership? Regardless is that not now set up nicely for a fudge? Too many new faces. Queen Ann will not want to stick the boot in either, as she is new to this game and so it could become a bit of a waffle and a low punishment. Hope not though.

Interesting perspective on AB's position given her apparent determination to hammer Hrarts fans for amy perceived or anticipated wrongdoing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

OmiyaHearts

Interesting perspective on AB's position given her apparent determination to hammer Hrarts fans for amy perceived or anticipated wrongdoing.

Shes on SPFL board not SFA. She won't be involved at all.

Exactly this

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm confused here, what has AB done to hammer Hearts fans for anticipated wrongdoing?

Am i right in thinking the Hearts fan who invaded the pitch at Hampden when Rudi put the 5th in was banned for life.

Think he's at it myself. He reeks of Hibby himself.

Think he's at it myself. He reeks of Hibby himself.

This.

Hammys goal celebrations

I really seem to have flushed out the Hibby element on this thread, they really don't like their punishable Hampden antics being mentioned, are they afraid that the club will be fined heavily thus blowing Lennon's transfer budget out of the water for the foreseeable future, not that they had much chance of success with him in charge anyway.

I really seem to have flushed out the Hibby element on this thread.

Jesus wept. Just when you think the quality of the contributions can't possibly sink any lower...

GlasgoJambo

I really seem to have flushed out the Hibby element on this thread, they really don't like their punishable Hampden antics being mentioned.....

Nice one m8.

...a bit disco

Couldn't be bothered finding the big thread so this'll do.

Latest pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Which one is you Hammy?

Hammys goal celebrations

Having been a Tynecastle regular since the early 1950s, the worst insult anyone can give me is to suspect me of being a verminous Hibby, my Tynecastle trips admittedly have somewhat diminished in recent times (auld age problems) but, I will always be a Jambo, and will always revel in the fact that the vermin live in our shadow.

...a bit disco

Having been a Tynecastle regular since the early 1950s, the worst insult anyone can give me is to suspect me of being a verminous Hibby, my Tynecastle trips admittedly have somewhat diminished in recent times (auld age problems) but, I will always be a Jambo, and will always revel in the fact that the vermin live in our shadow.

So number 66 then?

:biggrin:

Nookie Bear

Latest pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Number 66 is, I think, a bit of a lad from the past (and he also goes to Virgin Active Gym!)...Andy Blance's mob?

No way is he there out of exuberance.

Maroon Sailor

The only acceptable punishment is for Hibernian Football Club to be stripped of that cup win.

Winston Ingram

The independent report is only looking at policing and stewarding and what 'can be learned' It won't be deciding or recommending punishments. There is also the compliance officer report which must be due soon. That's the one that will recommend or decide punishments. I don't remember seeing a date for that.

Exactly.. the compliance officer report will only appear after the independent one has been published, surely. 

Exactly.. the compliance officer report will only appear after the independent one has been published, surely. 

Exactly so.

If the independent report comes out and blames the entire thing on poor stewarding and policing and SFA incompetence, that surely has an impact on the view the compliancer office has to take on how culpable the clubs were.

A wee bird (steward who was working at the game) told me they had been asked about the lack of the normal ring of stewards that come out a few minutes before the end of the game. He said they were told to remain in place (off track) as the game was 'going to extra time' and when Hibs scored the winner there wasn't enough time to get everyone out onto the track and stop the invasion.

MacDonald Jardine

I'm confused here, what has AB done to hammer Hearts fans for anticipated wrongdoing?

Was there not some overkill statement about behaviour ahead of one of our games when there hadn't been a hint that there would be anything out of the ordinary.?

Back to 2005

Number 66 is, I think, a bit of a lad from the past (and he also goes to Virgin Active Gym!)...Andy Blance's mob?

Wonder what age he is. Looks like he is in his mid 50's!

Who honestly gives a ****? They aren't going to be stripped of the cup so don't get too excited. Total non-event and I'd rather focus on Hearts than give them a single second of my thoughts.

Was he incognito.....He's got a rangers cap on!?

We_are_the_Hearts

Looking fwd to a few mass pitch invasions next year. Would appear its fair game unless you raise your fists.

Any thing less than paying for the damage they caused is unacceptable. This should include pitch and goals.

Nookie Bear

Looking fwd to a few mass pitch invasions next year. Would appear its fair game unless you raise your fists.

That's what I am reading into all this.

Anyone else up for some exuberance if we beat Celtic?

It seems other fans (not just those you raised their fists) are now being written to by Hibs, and asked to attend some sort of meeting with the club, to discuss their behaviour on going onto the pitch....

Archived