Season Predictions

Mr Rabbit

Ffs, lolol.

How good do some of you think the rest of the SPL are?

My gripes with Neilson and Hearts in general is that we don't look like we'll push ourselves enough to worry others of similar strength but we'll have enough to stay in contention for a top 3,4 spot.

For all our grievances I think many need to take a seat in a dark room for a while. Neilson may not be the man to realise our full potential or even realise a small part of it, but we have a team that may carry itself over many games because we will just be better than the opposition.

The test for a club of our level is winning games when it matters as we failed to do last season.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plod along win 3 on a trot lose 2 finish above mid table . Hopefully get a bit of luck in a cup

MacDonald Jardine

Ffs, lolol.

How good do some of you think the rest of the SPL are?

My gripes with Neilson and Hearts in general is that we don't look like we'll push ourselves enough to worry others of similar strength but we'll have enough to stay in contention for a top 3,4 spot.

For all our grievances I think many need to take a seat in a dark room for a while. Neilson may not be the man to realise our full potential or even realise a small part of it, but we have a team that may carry itself over many games because we will just be better than the opposition.

The test for a club of our level is winning games when it matters as we failed to do last season.

How good are the teams in the SPL?

Better than Birkinara.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Better than Birkinara.

I think people are underestimating these so called teams. We lost away to Hamilton last season (albeit Collums input), we never win at Fir Park and teams like Kilmarnock always seem to test us regardless of how pish they are - and they have improved under Clark. I honestly think we are in for a shock this year and this place will be in meltdown come week 2, because our start isn't looking good.

Better than Birkinara.

Could do that with the Red Imps and the team Aberdeen lost to mate.

I agree we're predictable but using that logic for us and not them is daft.

I think last year showed the gulf between Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts with the rest. I expect it to be similar but with rangers most likely ahead of us and the sheep.

If it carries on as it is, less than 10,000 season ticket holders next season.

I go to football to be entertained, if the team tries and loses, so be it. When the team plays to instruction, blatantly does not try, then I do not want to be there either.

Francis Albert

Could do that with the Red Imps and the team Aberdeen lost to mate.

I agree we're predictable but using that logic for us and not them is daft.

I think last year showed the gulf between Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts with the rest. I expect it to be similar but with rangers most likely ahead of us and the sheep.

Who did Aberdeen lose to? PS Sorry - you mean the team they beat 3-2 on aggregate before beating a better team 4-0 on aggregate?

SandyInRoyalBlue

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

St Johnstone

Ross County

Dundee

Partick Thistle

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Hamilton

Big Slim Stylee

In a nutshell.

Who did Aberdeen lose to? PS Sorry - you mean the team they beat 3-2 on aggregate before beating a better team 4-0 on aggregate?

That Fola Esch team.

My point is that Aberdeen and Celtic have hardly been convincing either to so called diddy teams, both of which are part time.

I personally think we'll be fourth but think it's just a bit reactive people saying we'll be below that.

As long as we don't have to watch crap football I will be happy

If we play the same negative crap will watch coronation street omnibus instead

A Man Named Jambo

1. Celtic (6-10 points ahead)

2. Aberdeen (They will close the gap further on Celtic.)

3. The Rangers (They'll have a similar season to ourselves - thy will sign big in January)

4. HEARTS (The Rangers will out do us in January)

5. Ross County

6. St Johnstone

7. Patrick Thistle

8. Inverness

9. Dundee

10. Motherwell

11. Kilmarnock

12. Hamilton

Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen or Celtic

Scottish Cup: Aberdeen or Celtic

Captain Canada

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

St. Johnstone

Hearts

Dundee

Ross County

Inverness

Motherwell

Partick

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

We only just finished above St. Johnstone last season and I think we'll struggle to score goals this season, especially away from home.

Very happy to be proved wrong!

Malcolm Tucker

People comparing a European tie to a league campaign are, quite honestly, so thick it doesn't even make sense.

I'm not trying to be smart, but what do you mean by this?

Every game matters, and we obviously don't win every game, so I am trying to work out what you mean.

Do you mean cup ties?  Well, we've only won 3 cups in 40+ years, so its not as though we have a history of doing that well in the cups.

Do you actually mean games against Hibs?  That, for me, has been Neilson's main failing from a RESULTS point of view.  Not enough wins against the Hibs.

His style of football has been a bit shit, but we get lots of wins against the lower teams - so for me his main failings have been the Hibs (and a crap loss in Europe).

Anyway, I think we'll finish top 4.  We'll start poorly (2 points from first 3 games) but then come on strongly, before giving up with 6 games to play.

gashauskis9

Hearts

Celtic

Rangers

St Johnstone

Aberdeen

Dundee

Ross County

Motherwell

ICT

Partick

Killie

Hamilton

Why not eh.

Like it! :pleasing:

Let's dream a bit, Leicester won the EPL and Hibs won the cup FFS.

I've not paid a lot of attention to the transfer dealings at other clubs, but have St Johnstone done some remarkable business so far? We finished easily above them last season, yet many predict a reverse this term.

Every game matters, and we obviously don't win every game, so I am trying to work out what you mean.

Do you mean cup ties?  Well, we've only won 3 cups in 40+ years, so its not as though we have a history of doing that well in the cups.

Do you actually mean games against Hibs?  That, for me, has been Neilson's main failing from a RESULTS point of view.  Not enough wins against the Hibs.

His style of football has been a bit shit, but we get lots of wins against the lower teams - so for me his main failings have been the Hibs (and a crap loss in Europe).

Anyway, I think we'll finish top 4.  We'll start poorly (2 points from first 3 games) but then come on strongly, before giving up with 6 games to play.

Agree with all of this mate but could you imagine the seethe if we got 2 points in our first three games, despite playing Celtic and Aberdeen in two of them  :lol:  

KineticBeat

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

St J. 

Motherwell

Killie

Ross County

Partick

Dundee

ICT

Hamilton

Celtic

Hearts

Aberdeen

Rangers

for my top four and

ICT and Hamilton bottom two.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Usually when we're in Europe we struggle in the league...oh wait.

I've no real expectations this season. Think we may be midtable in the league. I'd hope we're a bit more adventurous in away games and that we show an improvement in the cup comps.

Usually when we're in Europe we struggle in the league...oh wait.

I've no real expectations this season. Think we may be midtable in the league. I'd hope we're a bit more adventurous in away games and that we show an improvement in the cup comps.

As a matter of interest, did you vote yes or no in the Robbie out poll Neil?

As a matter of interest, did you vote yes or no in the Robbie out poll Neil?

I voted Yes but based mainly on the cup/away performances because I think we show the opposition too much respect. Can't really complain about the home record other than the odd hiccup.

I think generally we've been poor to watch since we wrapped up the Championship.

I voted Yes but based mainly on the cup/away performances because I think we show the opposition too much respect. Can't really complain about the home record other than the odd hiccup.

I think generally we've been poor to watch since we wrapped up the Championship.

Agreed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stewart next out at Dens. Several SPFL clubs visibly struggling in the League Cup.

However dire the football was we didn't lose many last season, but too many draws.

We have more attacking options this season the window is still OPEN and we will be strengthening further.

The other clubs are nothing and I would wager given their own European failure over the past few years are not better for us suffering a poor performance in terms of taking chances.

Interesting comments from Mcinnes who has played these rounds for 3 years now.

The first four games are full of trepidation as the players are not up to full speed.

Who is going to suggest they know better

Do you mean cup ties? Well, we've only won 3 cups in 40+ years, so its not as though we have a history of doing that well in the cups.

Do you actually mean games against Hibs? That, for me, has been Neilson's main failing from a RESULTS point of view. Not enough wins against the Hibs.

Anyway, I think we'll finish top 4. We'll start poorly (2 points from first 3 games) but then come on strongly, before giving up with 6 games to play.

Of course every game matters but it's the ones when we know 3 points can swing a season and we fail to do the job.

I think it was twice in a week and a half last season we had a chance to close on Aberdeen to really put a bit pressure on but we failed.

I think it was the draw up in Inverness then the loss to Motherwell.

That's the point. Going into games knowing a win can make a difference but we play tentatively and ultimately lose or draw.

I think this is the point most people have a gripe with in regards to Neilson's mentality. We rarely seem pumped up, energetic enough or purposeful in games we should really be showing intent and a desire to win.

letsalldothebeattie

1st: Celtic (by 10 points)

2nd: Aberdeen

3rd: Rangers

4th: Hearts

5th: St Johnstone

6th: Motherwell

7th: Inverness

8th: Ross County

9th: Dundee

10th: Partick Thistle

11th: Kilmarnock (relegated this year through play offs) 

12th: Hamilton (down before the split)

League Cup: Rangers

Scottish Cup: Celtic (Hibs out at first hurdle of defence)

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

St J.

Hearts

If any of the rest show an improvement I think they will push us into the bottom six.  We are rank rotten, and any team that gets beaten off a team from Malta is not going to set the world on fire.

We_are_the_Hearts

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

St J.

Hearts

If any of the rest show an improvement I think they will push us into the bottom six.  We are rank rotten, and any team that gets beaten off a team from Malta is not going to set the world on fire.

Aberdeen got beat by a team from Luxembourg and St Johnstone went out to Armenian's last season. We will be Top 4.

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

St J.

Hearts

If any of the rest show an improvement I think they will push us into the bottom six. We are rank rotten, and any team that gets beaten off a team from Malta is not going to set the world on fire.

Asked this earlier and nobody replied, but have St Johnstone done any really big transfer business that I haven't picked up on? I only ask because I may have missed a couple of very shrewd moves and we left them trailing in our wake last season.

We_are_the_Hearts

Asked this earlier and nobody replied, but have St Johnstone done any really big transfer business that I haven't picked up on? I only ask because I may have missed a couple of very shrewd moves and we left them trailing in our wake last season.

Don't let facts get in the way

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Inverness

Ross County

Hearts

Dundee

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

Partick

Alston is a good signing. Other than that,no really. Paul Paton and Keith Watson.

They're a decent team but that's about it

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Inverness

Ross County

Hearts

Dundee

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

Partick

Insane

Alston is a good signing. Other than that,no really. Paul Paton and Keith Watson.

They're a decent team but that's about it

Cheers. Alston is a decent player, he has definitely proven himself to be ready at a crack at the top league. It was an honest question. :thumbsup:

Their signings should definitely keep them competitive by the looks of it. Ours are a bit more left field potential, but we finished so far ahead of them that I'm confident we will do again, bearing in mind that we improved the quality of our squad over the course of last season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It will, without any question, be this:

League - 4th/5th

League Cup - yada

Scottish Cup - yada

Europe - well, you know.

I'm warning you now, we're all going to hate this season.

It will, without any question, be this:

League - 4th/5th

League Cup - yada

Scottish Cup - yada

Europe - well, you know.

I'm warning you now, we're all going to hate this season.

Thanks for the warning mate. I had stupidly let myself get quite enthusiastic about our new signings and the promise of others in the back of our third place finish last season. Lesson learned though. :D

Cheers. Alston is a decent player, he has definitely proven himself to be ready at a crack at the top league. It was an honest question. :thumbsup:

Their signings should definitely keep them competitive by the looks of it. Ours are a bit more left field potential, but we finished so far ahead of them that I'm confident we will do again, bearing in mind that we improved the quality of our squad over the course of last season.

They'll be top half again I expect. Well run, decent team.

It's the logic that because they caused us problems they're better than we are that I don't get. They caused us problems alright. But then they only won 8 home games all season and only won 3 times between the start of December and the split.

They'll be top half again I expect. Well run, decent team.

It's the logic that because they caused us problems they're better than we are that I don't get. They caused us problems alright. But then they only won 8 home games all season and only won 3 times between the start of December and the split.

Yeah, I totally agree actually. I thought exactly the same thing when I read the new manager thread and the Neilson out thread. Both St Johnstone and Dundee finished well below us and suffered far worse losing streaks, yet there is a clamour to sack our head coach and appoint Hartley or Wright in his place. It beggars belief for me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Thanks for the warning mate. I had stupidly let myself get quite enthusiastic about our new signings and the promise of others in the back of our third place finish last season. Lesson learned though. :D

I very much hope I'm wrong but I feel no spark about this season.

Something like:

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Dundee

Ross County

Kilmarnock

Partick

ICT

Hamilton

Rangers will probably spend more cash in January & pip us and Aberdeen to 2nd. We seem to keep rebuilding so I can see us being a bit inconsistent. If we don't finish top 4 something will have gone very badly wrong and heads ought to roll.

Mainly, I really hope we get a cup run. The last few years have been shite.

And I look forward to keeping a keen eye on Dundee Utd's resurgence.

grumpyespana

Have faith guys who knows where we will finish we have two strikers who have not started yet and hopefully another couple of half decent players to come so let's go for the top two places guys be positive.

I very much hope I'm wrong but I feel no spark about this season.

Nightmare. Not sure how I can elevate your spirits to be honest. Sad that you should feel this way at such an exciting time in our history and future, but no worries mate. :thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Nightmare. Not sure how I can elevate your spirits to be honest. Sad that you should feel this way at such an exciting time in our history and future, but no worries mate. :thumbsup:

Well, the main stand and stuff I'm obviously digging. And the club in general I'm v happy with. But the squad is a bit pish.

Well, the main stand and stuff I'm obviously digging. And the club in general I'm v happy with. But the squad is a bit pish.

The two boys we've never seen in Hearts jerseys could be pretty exciting though. We are also still in the market for more. That's on top of a squad which finished third comfortably and which has hopefully been improved upon from this time last season. I just don't share the pessimism.

Have faith guys who knows where we will finish we have two strikers who have not started yet and hopefully another couple of half decent players to come so let's go for the top two places guys be positive.

exactly.

OmiyaHearts

Celtic

Aberdeen

Rangers

Hearts

Motherwell

The rest in any order, preferably Hamilton at the bottom.

Clerry Jambo

Celtic champs and accies fur the drop. Not sure about us, away form dire needs big improvement

Archived