Should Neilson go?

Pants Shaton

Should Neilson go?  

1,679 members have voted

1. 1. Should Neilson go?

Shooter McGavin

I'll give him first couple months of the season and if we continue playing the way we are then 100% yes

Poor timing for a poll.

You have to sleep on it at least

Also the league is the decider.

Agreed. I will be voting GO at lunchtime tomorrow

I can handle most things but I can't handle a lack of fight and desire and our team looks lazy and uninterested far too often. They play competitive games like they don't have anything to play for. I don't believe we are getting the best out of our players.

I've supported strongly our management team through all of it based on where we have came from and the inexperienced nature of our squad and manager. That can only last for so long though and after that showing tonight.....

Dad%20Struggles%20In%20Wrong.gif

I think we need to find someone who can fire the lads up and get the best out of them.

Not too fussed about Europe in the grand scheme of things but cup results under him/Levein are worryingly bad.

Ferryjambo99

Make no mistake tonight's result is absolutely unacceptable. Completely embarrassing. Probably our worst ever european result. There will be a significant amount of people who are wanting Neilson to go. But it's one result, he won't be sacked for it and should get this season with the squad he has. If we have poor results in the league and go out of each cup early again then he should go. But at the moment he should still be given time to perform in the league.

allystrachan

Not yet but if he doesn't grow some balls & try & win a game that is there for the taking he should go soon.

Tonight is another big game that he's failed in.

Tonight was the last straw for me. We were rank rotten towards the end of last season. There has been no improvement. He won't go thou.

Pants Shaton

Poor timing for a poll.

You have to sleep on it at least

Also the league is the decider.

I haven't voted - I really don't know. I hate the anti-Levein pish - I think his ongoing involvement is essential. We can't beat the old firm by spending money we need to do something smart.

Just not sure Robbie is the figurehead. 100% sure Craig Levein knows more about football than me and, probably, everyone else who posts here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hell will freeze before Levein goes. Most definitely not happening. This will be a major embarrassment for Levein

Getintaethem

Yes.

Far too negative and unable to get the squad up to their best. Tonight was indefensible, I've defended him in the past but the tactics tonight were responsible for that farce. Time to go.

No.

We're still getting better, and our new signings will make us even better in the league this year. Rherras looks good, Watt could turn out to be a great pick and we're still looking at strengthening up front.

The Europa League qualifiers are at a bad time for us, so I'm happy to cut our management team some slack given the achievements they've done over the last two years, and the direction we're going in.

We're out of Europe, but we're got a really exciting league ahead of us. All that will fall apart if we got rid of our current management!

Gordon Ramsay

He should have gone a while ago but he won't.

This season is going to be horrible.

He should have went after the Hibs game

Exactly.

Shitting it off Hibs ffs

No.

We're still getting better, and our new signings will make us even better in the league this year. Rherras looks good, Watt could turn out to be a great pick and we're still looking at strengthening up front.

The Europa League qualifiers are at a bad time for us, so I'm happy to cut our management team some slack given the achievements they've done over the last two years, and the direction we're going in.

We're out of Europe, but we're got a really exciting league ahead of us. All that will fall apart if we got rid of our current management!

Spot on.

I haven't voted - I really don't know. I hate the anti-Levein pish - I think his ongoing involvement is essential. We can't beat the old firm by spending money we need to do something smart.

Just not sure Robbie is the figurehead. 100% sure Craig Levein knows more about football than me and, probably, everyone else who posts here.

This is exactly where I am.

By The Light..

He is clearly not coaching anything here now, the players have no game plan A or plan B.

Even the simple things like who takes penalties.

People saying give him the start of the season first...if he left now we might have a chance next season cause if he goes after 12 games or so then we are playing catch up

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Voted no. Ask me at the end of August. Poor start and I jump ship Robbie. Patience running thin even for the moderate among us.

You need to take the hand brake off son and believe

He should go not just because of tonight but because of last season.  We have gone from a team who went out and destroyed everything before us in the Championship, to one who timidly went out to just play the percentages in the Premiership. The records of Hibs and Rangers in cup games against Premiership opposition, including ourselves, showed that there was actually not that much difference between the two leagues.

Anyone thinking that Neilson should go but Levein should stay needs their heads looked at though, the tactics are Levein's, 100%.

That's not to say we won't do alright this season if we keep them both though, but personally I'd rather go down all guns blazing in 4-3 or 5-4 defeats, than scrape the odd point here and there with 0-0 or 1-1 draws, or like tonight snatching a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat from the jaws of... a draw?

Worst European result in our history.

Utterly pathetic.

3rd season in the job and we have no pace, no creativity, no left footed midfielders or attackers, no semi decent striker (Watt might change that though?!), left back still looks a worry and GK looks a worry.

Meant to improve the team each year not make it worse.

Negative Neilson does it again. Why wait until we go behind before having a go. One man up front, especially the hideous Sammon, when we need goals is a sackable offence.

sandylejambo

the thing is, if Levein is picking the team for him he should have the balls to say so and resign, if he is picking that team he should get his bags packed for him by the board, he cant set up a team and he cant motivate players, he has to go, he's clueless. that brand of football is making my eyes bleed 

Gordon Ramsay

Worst European result in our history.

Utterly pathetic.

3rd season in the job and we have no pace, no creativity, no left footed midfielders or attackers, no semi decent striker (Watt might change that though?!), left back still looks a worry and GK looks a worry.

Meant to improve the team each year not make it worse.

Nailed it.

Seems to be a plan for everything off the pitch but on the pitch we're a shambles.

Posted a number of times that I thought he was rightly under big pressure going into this season but deserved the opportunity of another crack at the start of the SPL however that has all changed tonight. He should be packing his bags tonight and if the leadership at the top of our club is what I hoped and believed it to be they would be putting sentiment aside to ensure that the 2016-17 season is not damaged further.

He oversaw the (2 game) complete disaster against Hibs earlier in 2016, which arguably turned out to be our most costly and historic Scottish Cup defeat ever. He has now overseen by far our worst European defeat, and at Tynecastle too, in our entire history. Against a team who were on a par (perhaps) with the Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton teams of our recent Championship season has just scored twice to knock us out and we managed 1 goal in 3 hours of play. Embarrassing and pathetic are nowhere close to how bad this result is, I would actually go as far as to say its our worse result since Forfar in 1982 and even then we were a 1st Division side ourselves. I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with a poorer result in the last 50 years.

Neilson's big game defeats far and away outweigh any successes he has had. He did a good job getting us promoted but since then there has been very little of note that even the staunchest happy clapper could argue was positive on the pitch. Under his charge our derby performances have been almost entirely dismal, we have barely laid a finger on Celtic and our domestic cup record is utterly atrocious..... and now this complete humiliation to a side from ******* Malta! HE HAS TO GO. There is no way back from this for him and with Celtic and Aberdeen to start the season the decision in the best interests of HMFC should be taken.

No.

Not having a go at you but what makes you say we have a really exciting league ahead of us?

Can't see how anything is going to be exciting

No.

Some perspective, thank you.

I voted No as I think he deserves a chance after 2 very good league placings in the last 2 seasons.

He needs to be a bit more adventurous and sign a couple of decent attacking/creative midfielders or it's curtains for him.

4 games into the season, with one defeat in those 4, isn't a sackable offence.

Archived