Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

A game in June that we won 2-1 yet-

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

We won the game  2-1 in front of a crowd on 14k.

Would we rather have played well and got beat?

Would we rather play in front of 8k fans that sing racist and bigotry songs just so the atmosphere is better?

Can you judge a player after 90 minutes? No you can't.

Manager out after winning a game, the first game? Has that ever happened in football?

Think some need to realise this Hearts, not Barcelona, Not often Scottish teams stroll to 4/5 wins now against anyone in Europe.

Players need more than 1 game in June to be judged.

We are meant to be supporters, that means supporting the team and players, not foaming at the mouth every time they don't play like Barcelona.

As for the fans, if you want a noisy support who are not family friendly , then I can think of at least two clubs that will fit the bill for you.

We won the game, if we go through no one will care, job done, we are half way there to doing the job.

If we get beat, then I could maybe understand a negative  reaction, but not after we won the game.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this post. Brace yourself though, the Negatrons are coming...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

A lot of very good points.

I genuinely believe we can and will improve however the one thing that worries me is was last nights performance that different to so many seen throughout last season? If it wasn't that different then I do understand why there's cause for concern.

Son Of Anarchy

I like this post. Brace yourself though, the Negatrons are coming...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Negatrons :lol: love it!

FarmerTweedy

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

We won the game 2-1 in front of a crowd on 14k.

Would we rather play in front of 8k fans that sing racist and bigotry songs just so the atmosphere is better?

Manager out after winning a game, the first game? Has that ever happened in football?

Think some need to realise this Hearts, not Barcelona, Not often Scottish teams stroll to 4/5 wins now against anyone in Europe.

We are meant to be supporters, that means supporting the team and players, not foaming at the mouth every time they don't play like Barcelona.

As for the fans, if you want a noisy support who are not family friendly , then I can think of at least two clubs that will fit the bill for you.

We won the game, if we go through no one will care, job done, we are half way there to doing the job.

If we get beat, then I could maybe understand a negative reaction, but not after we won the game.

The key point for me is that we only started preseason training a couple of weeks ago. The players are still some way off match fitness and match sharpness, so were never likely to produce a good performance. As ever though, the expectations of a lot of our fans are completely unrealistic.

highlandjambo3

Helmet on, chinstrap attached.....................................................................CHECK

Body Armour on and done up tightly...........................................................CHECK

Trench dug sufficiently deep enough and, your laying down in it.................CHECK

TAKE COVER MATE!!!

Gene Parmesan

Somewhere in-between. We were awful. It was a terrible game.

But that doesn't mean everything will be awful and terrible forevermore.

It's the lack of perspective that gets me.

No sure the OP is a jambo far too sensible a post.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

To be fair, last nights performance was utterly shite.  Very lucky to get a result.  A soft penalty and an o.g. (from our only decent set piece of the night - credit for the set piece).  2 Shots on target all game.  My eyes are still bleeding.

I've been a Robbie fan, but starting to turn.  Bored to death last night.  Again.  Lacking leadership on the park.  Lacking creativity in midfield.  Lacking quality up top.  And why sign a right footed left back when we already play with a right footed left winger cutting inside. 

Must do much much better.  And quickly.

Riddley Walker

It was an awful game but it was our first of the season against a relatively half-decent side. I'm willing to give us the benefit of the doubt for now.

I like this post, I was more worried by the Estonians superior technical ability but that says more about the game over here than about Hearts and Neilson. Tactics didn't work last night but even when he played Walker behind Sammon and brought King on it didn't change much. I think it is way too early to judge new players, performances etc so think we just need to be patient, get through the tie and hope for and expect improvements over the coming weeks.

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

Think some need to realise this Hearts, not Barcelona, Not often Scottish teams stroll to 4/5 wins now against anyone in Europe.

If we get beat, then I could maybe understand a negative  reaction, but not after we won the game.

Negative reaction???    You think a 2-1 win at home in the first leg of a European completion against one of Europe's smallest Clubs is a positive????? 

:qqb006:  

I like this post, I was more worried by the Estonians superior technical ability but that says more about the game over here than about Hearts and Neilson. Tactics didn't work last night but even when he played Walker behind Sammon and brought King on it didn't change much. I think it is way too early to judge new players, performances etc so think we just need to be patient, get through the tie and hope for and expect improvements over the coming weeks.

Are Hearts and Neilson not part of the game here then??

There's issues that are continuing from last season.

We sold 14k tickets because fans wanted to see our new players in action and anticipated a good performance against a decent but smaller Estonian side. Instead, we got reminders of some of our more woeful performances last season.

If we scrap a 0-0 draw away, I doubt we'll be close to selling out for the second qualifier.

Neilson still has my support for now but this season will be much more telling than last.

beerbandit

We won't improve much as long as we have a central midfield that's even slower than my mate going to the bar. IMO that has been our major problem over the last couple of seasons.

Gigolo-Aunt

Think everyone understands that fitness was not always going to be what it will later on but more frustrated by the same old same old that has come across from last season. Think it has taken the wind out some folk in the pre season that usually sees a bit of optimism.

weegie jambo

excellent post. It's going to be hard to progress given the time scale and the amount of players seriously off the boil. FWIW, I'd have Kitchen straight back in the team from the start, to my way of thinking he settled the team as soon as he came on last night. Paterson, Walker and Nicholson can all stay at home for the away leg. Paterson is a disruptive influence and not very good. Get Smith in at RB. Sam has brought nothing to the team for months, time for a change. Walker is not doing it either, whether he is not fully recovered from last seasons injury or not I'm not sure, either way we don't need two wide men in the team for the away leg, especially one who are not doing the business.

Robbie must shake it up for the return leg 'cos at the moment the Estonians have got our number!

Bazzas right boot

A lot of very good points.

I genuinely believe we can and will improve however the one thing that worries me is was last nights performance that different to so many seen throughout last season? If it wasn't that different then I do understand why there's cause for concern.

Agreed there is cause for concern and room for improvement, but the reaction = :olly:  :sheen: 

Bazzas right boot

Negative reaction???    You think a 2-1 win at home in the first leg of a European completion against one of Europe's smallest Clubs is a positive????? 

We won, don't think we can go about like billy big baws in Europe, every game we play won't be easy. We won and if we don't get beat next week we are through, that's all that matters at this stage.

Remember getting into this discussion a few years back on here, certain poster in particular slated every single player in our team, slagged off the team, tactics and tipped us for relegation

I felt we started off slowly but had players that were more than capable.....git ripped

Finished the season pumping Hibs 5-1 at hampden.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Not a thing had changed from last season.

No ideas. No urgency. No leadership.

I was hoping to see a team who knows one another and what their jobs are.

I saw a typical Neilson performance with no pace and bereft of ideas.

That was a shocker last night and 1st game of the season or not those players played like strangers.

CollyWolly

The key point for me is that we only started preseason training a couple of weeks ago. The players are still some way off match fitness and match sharpness, so were never likely to produce a good performance. As ever though, the expectations of a lot of our fans are completely unrealistic.

I expected us to finish that tie as a contest last night. That's was a team which is the equivalent of a junior team here, or 2nd division at best (please no one tell me they were quite good)

Match fitness and sharpness shouldnt have come into it, however its a handy excuse for those who cant see the wood for the trees.

As it is we now have a precarious lead against a team who will fancy themselves to score against us. Anyone thinking that's anything other than a bad result, including the Robbie fan club ?

The Comedian

Remember getting into this discussion a few years back on here, certain poster in particular slated every single player in our team, slagged off the team, tactics and tipped us for relegation

I felt we started off slowly but had players that were more than capable.....git ripped

Finished the season pumping Hibs 5-1 at hampden.

After a very early change of manager.

We should do the same now.

glastonbury jambo

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

No you get a grip...on reality... theres some real pish coming our way this season unless theres a change.

the system of management we have is not working properly ...the warning signs have been there for at least 6 months.

Walter Bishop

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

Oooft nearly a full house in deluded JKB bingo, You forgot to add "We were in administration this time 2 3 years ago" !!!!

Dagger Is Back

That was a shocker last night and 1st game of the season or not those players played like strangers.

Hallelujah. Someone who gets it, although looking at later posts there's clearly a growing number of concerned fans. Much the same as last year as you say. Taking far too many passes to get the ball to where it should be. No bloody pace and no creativity or imagination. The movement when we had the ball was bloody awful. Static! Wide men who struggle to get past their opposition. Did we hit a bye line last night? Many on here have said that Juanma will score goals if we give him box service - if that's the case why aren't we doing that? 

It's the fact that this is the same fare as we were served up last season that is the biggest concern. If this is what we'll be faced with and the DOF is happy with that then they both need to go, five year plan or not.

Im not really a 'moaner', I think Neilson overall has done a good job and we are moving in the right direction.

That said I think its only fair fans ask a few questions after last nights performance. It was absolutely brutal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oooft nearly a full house in deluded JKB bingo, You forgot to add "We were in administration this time 2 3 years ago" !!!!

Or deluded to think Hearts should roll over a progressive club albeit in a small nation, but nevertheless well drilled and experienced in our first game of football of the season. That's deluded because like it or not Scotland, not exclusive to Hearts is a minnow in Europe

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oh....and a season that will run until the last week of May has been judged already on the 30th June before it has even begun

:cornette:

I do love this 'aye but its our first game - its only june' argument.

We've been training for two weeks. Our last competitive game was a mere 4 weeks prior to the start of that.

The suggestion that professional footballers have somehow forgotten how to play the game and got unfit in 4 weeks is nothing other than laughable.

We knew fine well we were going to be playing a competitive game in june.

lack of match fitness is NOT a valid excuse.

After a very early change of manager.

We should do the same now.

Writing off the players this early is what I have issue with,however the style of play doesn't seem to fit into the characteristics of our signing policy and this needs addressed

Bazzas right boot

This, it wasn't good , but the reaction is borderline madness.

Somewhere in-between. We were awful. It was a terrible game.

But that doesn't mean everything will be awful and terrible forevermore.

It's the lack of perspective that gets me.

Yip

The lack of cohesion was a concern, very few fluid moves, the team should have a good understanding, although the amount of mis placed pass's didn't help

Or deluded to think Hearts should roll over a progressive club albeit in a small nation, but nevertheless well drilled and experienced in our first game of football of the season. That's deluded because like it or not Scotland, not exclusive to Hearts is a minnow in Europe

Yip, some on here think we are Barcelona.

I do love this 'aye but its our first game - its only june' argument.

We've been training for two weeks. Our last competitive game was a mere 4 weeks prior to the start of that.

The suggestion that professional footballers have somehow forgotten how to play the game and got unfit in 4 weeks is nothing other than laughable.

We knew fine well we were going to be playing a competitive game in june.

lack of match fitness is NOT a valid excuse.

Match fitness at any level is key, if  you have played football even at 5 a side level you would know this.

I agree the lack of cohesion and fluidity is a concern, they did play as individuals and strangers, that's the most concerning part, but match fitness  is huge.

This, it wasn't good , but the reaction is borderline madness.

Yip

The lack of cohesion was a concern, very few fluid moves, the team should have a good understanding, although the amount of mis placed pass's didn't help

Yip, some on here think we are Barcelona.

Match fitness at any level is key, if  you have played football even at 5 a side level you would know this.

I agree the lack of cohesion and fluidity is a concern, they did play as individuals and strangers, that's the most concerning part, but match fitness  is huge.

Sorry, but they've been 'off' for 4 weeks between last competitive game and start of training, and i'm pretty sure that during those 4 weeks the players will have had their own training regime's to keep to.

The point i'm making is that I don't believe that in 4 weeks 'off', with training of your own, you lose match fitness or forget how to kick a baw. Sorry, you just don't.  

I liked their high pressing up the park and quick tempo!!!

Sort of reminded me how we started the championship season like.

I said to my laddie and his pal, they won't keep that level of pressing up the whole game as they'll tire and we will get at them.

The problem was, we looked the tired team late on and not them!!!!!!!!!!!!

SectionDJambo

It would be good to see our wingers trying to beat their opponent, get to the bye line, and put in a decent cross. Instead, they wander infield, usually to no threat to the opposition, and lose the ball in a crowded area or pass the ball back to the half way line.

Our game seems to be all about passing and keeping the ball. We will get nowhere unless we are prepared to take a few risks in the opposition half, and get some decent crosses into the box.

We had 2 big guys up front last night, and they never got anything to get on the end of. It all seemed to through the middle. We are far too predictable.

The narrow width of Tynecastle gets mentioned a lot, but our wide men never seem to want to play on the touch line anyway, so it makes no difference.

I liked their high pressing up the park and quick tempo!!!

Sort of reminded me how we started the championship season like.

I said to my laddie and his pal, they won't keep that level of pressing up the whole game as they'll tire and we will get at them.

The problem was, we looked the tired team late on and not them!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet Robbie comes away with that utter drivel that "they sat in"

I was in the Gorgie Suite last night and Nicholson came in to get his POTM award (yes I know! :stunned: ) and during his interview he also came away with that "they sat in and made it difficult" pish, to much mumbled derision from the fans.

Spleedoink

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

...and it's all rosy in the garden then

More season ticket holders = more roasters on here. 

You think it's only new ST holders complaining about that absolutely shocking performance last night??? 

If our current squad is what we plan on tackling this season with, it's going to be a very long season.

We need several new players, and I would be amazed if we don't strengthen substantially before the window closes.

The Comedian

Writing off the players this early is what I have issue with,however the style of play doesn't seem to fit into the characteristics of our signing policy and this needs addressed

I don't think people are writing off our players. A growing number of people are writing off our manager while a decreasing number make excuses for him.

Space Mackerel

You think it's only new ST holders complaining about that absolutely shocking performance last night??? 

It wasn't the best but it was the first competitive game of the season with a few new players. 

You've been watching too much Euro Champs football lately me thinks. 

It was so obvious that last night's game was going to be poor. Why is anyone surprised that Hearts were rusty in the first game of the season?

weegie jambo
Sir Gio, on 01 Jul 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

this man gets it!

The main worry for me looks to be the Juanma Sammon partnership..........

Obv its only the first competitive game together so patience is the name of the game, but if we are being honest, last night, Sammon looked a million miles away from being half decent and Juanma is Juanma , a bit of a maverick who can be sublime or ridiculous............

Lets see how it pans out in the next few games, obv we should tighten up at the back, get some fluidity in our midfield but on that first outing  Sammon has to improve vastly or we are struggling big time imo...........

Malcolm Tucker

Fans have absolutely every right to be annoyed at last night - it was a brutal game of football in which we played terribly. Worst I've seen us play under Neilson by a distance. But the key is my first sentence, "last night."

So many people writing off players, asking for the manager to be sacked (you know, the manager that got us into Europe in the first place), too many people have the mindset now that every game this season will play out like last night. It won't.

Perspective is the key here folks, with more training will come more fitness, with more fitness will come more sharpness, and then hopefully we'll get better performances and results. Also, this isn't the complete squad. Management have all said there'll be more signings, and some players might leave.

Last night was catastrophically shite, but we won. We'll get better. Calm doon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The main worry for me looks to be the Juanma Sammon partnership..........

Obv its only the first competitive game together so patience is the name of the game, but if we are being honest, last night, Sammon looked a million miles away from being half decent and Juanma is Juanma , a bit of a maverick who can be sublime or ridiculous............

Lets see how it pans out in the next few games, obv we should tighten up at the back, get some fluidity in our midfield but on that first outing Sammon has to improve vastly or we are struggling big time imo...........

Agreed. One or other. I was encouraged to read Brian Mclaughlins BBC pre match which hinted at more quality arriving in the next week or 2.

One has to be a nippy striker. I am not saying Scott McDonald but someone in that style

vanilla fans

Nielson Ooot

terrible result

Sammon is shite

The list is endless

Absolutely spot on. There's a small minority who are consistently looking for any excuse to lambast Levein, Neilson or Budge. It's tedious, but they do make an awful lot of noise.

PhoenixHearts

The entitlement of some fans is rotten, especially given all that's happened in recent history.

Could it be that Infonet are maybe just a lot better than any of us gave them credit for? We all wrote them off as a diddy team right at the draw. They're a fully fit team in good form. Doesn't matter how poor a league they play in, teams always get up for big games, and this was the biggest game in their history.

Anybody who thinks we would have humped them 7-0 is dreaming.

And yet Robbie comes away with that utter drivel that "they sat in"

I was in the Gorgie Suite last night and Nicholson came in to get his POTM award (yes I know! :stunned: ) and during his interview he also came away with that "they sat in and made it difficult" pish, to much mumbled derision from the fans.

I definetly watched a different game from Sam and Robbie then.

Archived