2nd Leg

richiehmfc

richiehmfc

Last night was pretty eye bleeding stuff but I didn't see anything from them that makes me think we will not go over their and get a result, that game will have done us the world of good fitness wise.

Next week we will be sharper and the players will know what to expect from them. They will also not sit back the full game and hit on the break. I am pretty confident we will get a result over there to go through.

KineticBeat

I'm more worried about it than I wanted to be but hopefully another week to get up to speed will benefit the players.

I feel like Reilly would be the best person to play against these guys, with his constant pressing and duracell bunny-ness. Forcing them to make mistakes. 

the general

I'm more worried about it than I wanted to be but hopefully another week to get up to speed will benefit the players.

I feel like Reilly would be the best person to play against these guys, with his constant pressing and duracell bunny-ness. Forcing them to make mistakes. 

good shout :-)

August Landmesser

I agree with the OP, also I'm sure that performance/result will have given some players a kick up the archie and reminded them that they're back at work. Another week of training, and a decent bit of analysis and planning and we should be fine next week. Robbie was saying before the game that he'd had no chance to see Infonet play as the Estonian league takes a break to help the Euro clubs prepare.

Not confident at all.

Their two strikers 8 and 9 looked mobile and technically decent.

I think they will be fairly confident of progressing and rightly so.

We will need a much better performance to go through, shaky at the back , midfield unable to string two passes together and a forward line that was a mobile as a dump truck with an elephant driving it .

Forget their pedigree they are firm favourites to progress on last night performances.

Jambof3tornado

I'd give the starting 11 the first half against cowdenbeath on saturday.

Should the boys have come back earlier? To fight all season for europe and go out at the 1st round would be pathetic and lower our co - efficient surely?

good shout :-)

Good shout except he's away to Dunfermline isn't he?

132goals1958

Not confident at all.

Their two strikers 8 and 9 looked mobile and technically decent.

I think they will be fairly confident of progressing and rightly so.

We will need a much better performance to go through, shaky at the back , midfield unable to string two passes together and a forward line that was a mobile as a dump truck with an elephant driving it .

Forget their pedigree they are firm favourites to progress on last night performances.

Hopefully I am wrong but that is how I see it as well.

the general

hence the wee smiley thingy ...

Jambof3tornado, on 01 Jul 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

I'd give the starting 11 the first half against cowdenbeath on saturday.

Should the boys have come back earlier? To fight all season for europe and go out at the 1st round would be pathetic and lower our co - efficient surely?

Just listened to the pod cast from last night and Robbie said no when asked about players giving playing time on Saturday

KineticBeat

Sadly yes

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nikoliunas

With the standard of manager we seem to have settled for I think its for the best we go out in this round.

I am really concerned.

I honestly cant see that shambles getting sorted out in a week.

They have got an away goal too and they looked dangerous going forward. It is very worrying.

glastonbury jambo

i worried that we will try to hold the lead, they will score late and dump us and the confidence will be 0 for the start of the season.

we approached the game completly wrong. we gave them way to much space to play ghe game they wanted. we shoukd have been pressing them high up the park, forcing them to play quickly and it would have forced them into mistakes. showing up the lack of quality. but no.. we gave them as much space and time as they wanted.

Charlie-Brown

It will be a tricky game they were a decent counter attacking team had some fast dangerous breaks thankfully not the finish or we could have been in real trouble.

alicante jambo

Im confident.Last night we made our own problems.Next week we will have got some things sorted and out the way.Mon the jts.

Tasavallan

We'll win comfortably.

We'll win.

We'll win comfortably.

Is this based on "I'm a Hearts man" bravado, because I saw nothing last night to suggest this.  The fact is their players were more technically competent that ours!

We may be a bit fitter next week, however that is not going to suddenly turn our strikers into mobile goal scoring forwards.

Neither will Robbie morph into a tactical genius over the next 7 days, because last night he did not have a clue how to change the course of the game!

0-1 and yet another European away goals exit.

This is my fear.

A Levein inspired 'everybody back' set up - and getting hit with the late sucker punch.

Ricardo Quaresma

We need to score, simple as that

They then need to go bang bang bang to win after that; if they get 2 then Extra time & away goals is on our side after that

Can't see them getting out of it if we get the first goal; we should be forewarned & fitter & sharper

John Findlay

It's simple for next week. Score first and we are through. I think playing in front of 14,000 lifted them last night. Might be different for them in front of perharps 1,000 at the most next Wednesday night.

It's simple for next week. Score first and we are through. I think playing in front of 14,000 lifted them last night. Might be different for them in front of perharps 1,000 at the most next Wednesday night.

Bearing in mind we had to rely on a penalty and OG last night, where do you see us suddenly having a goal threat to score the first one?

KineticBeat

Bearing in mind we had to rely on a penalty and OG last night, where do you see us suddenly having a goal threat to score the first one?

When we played with pace we caused them trouble. Juanma could have had a few (one just wide, one a good save by the GK despite him being offside, and one where he was inches away from meeting a cross). 

Up our game pace and opportunities will come. 

John Findlay

Goal threat is there throughout our team.

Stats of different scorers last season bears that out. We will be a week sharper next week. We will score next Wednesday.

If I was going next week i'd be hoping my flight was delayed and wouldn't get to see the game.

Some have paid ?800? :laugh:

We'll win comfortably.

Behave. You honestly think a week is long enough to sort that mess out?

Infonet will smell blood now and be confiident they can beat us across there.

Is this based on "I'm a Hearts man" bravado, because I saw nothing last night to suggest this.  The fact is their players were more technically competent that ours!

We may be a bit fitter next week, however that is not going to suddenly turn our strikers into mobile goal scoring forwards.

Neither will Robbie morph into a tactical genius over the next 7 days, because last night he did not have a clue how to change the course of the game!

Spot on.  After Robbie's half-time team talk, did we actually have a shot on target?

He's going to have to do the talk of his life to turn that shambles round between now and Wednesday.

Not confident.

Goal threat is there throughout our team.

Stats of different scorers last season bears that out. We will be a week sharper next week. We will score next Wednesday.

I hope you are right - me? I think Robbie will park the bus - he just cannot help himself.

Spot on.  After Robbie's half-time team talk, did we actually have a shot on target?

He's going to have to do the talk of his life to turn that shambles round between now and Wednesday.

Not confident.

I said at half time it would finish 2-1.   Absolutely no desire from Neilson to push for a 3rd goal - putting on a defensive midfield player for the last 15 minutes confirmed that!!

Prince Buaben

I think we will score next week but it does worry that Robbie will set out to defend. If he wheeled out the 4-6-0 next week it wouldn't surprise me. 

Generic Username

Hopefully their physio eats a few of their players on the flight home once the free peanuts run out.

The away goal is a worry.

Robbie setting us up away from home is an even bigger worry.

O-1 takes us through to the next round.

No shit.

I think we will score next week but it does worry that Robbie will set out to defend. If he wheeled out the 4-6-0 next week it wouldn't surprise me. 

Now where would he get that idea from............... :uhoh2:

I think we are out, I am literally just going over for the piss up. sad but true.

If we get through to the next round I'll eat my hat ................. and I don't even like hat !

The fact there should even be a thread discussing whether we're capable of going to Estonia, to play a club with a couple of hundred fans and being able to advance even with a goal lead is telling in itself.

What a sorry state of affairs.

If we do not progress, even having given them an away goal - that will be completely and utterly unacceptable. There will be NO excuses.

The fact there should even be a thread discussing whether we're capable of going to Estonia, to play a club with a couple of hundred fans and being able to advance even with a goal lead is telling in itself.

If we do not progress, even having given them an away goal - that will be completely and utterly unacceptable. There will be NO excuses.

Sadly if we lose there WILL be excuses mate - and some off the Robbie-ites on here will swallow them hook, line and sinker.

Bazzas right boot

If playing 2 strikers we do need one that runs the channels, 2 guys coming short is silly and very easy to defend against.

We need a bit pace and someone who runs the channels.

Bazzas right boot

Its a refection on where  we are.

Estonia have arguably done better than the Scottish national team in the last 5- 10 years, I remember them making the play- off's recently.

Outside the OF, is there a comparison of Scottish teams v Estonia teams, say over the last 5 years. I can guess the records will be equal, and the National team has been closer to qualifying for tournament's than us, I think its where we and Scottish football is atm.

They are a full time team, with 4/5 internationals, halfway through their season. Easily Championship level in our league.

We should be winning, but it was never going to be easy, funny name or not.

Ricardo Quaresma

If we get through to the next round I'll eat my hat ................. and I don't even like hat !

You should get online & order yourself a liquorice hat for such occasions :)

Jambof3tornado

Just listened to the pod cast from last night and Robbie said no when asked about players giving playing time on Saturday

Oh dear. Ideal chance for some confidence boosting match time.

Must be not needed as we looked sharp as a tac last night!

Mistake again.

Sadly if we lose there WILL be excuses mate - and some off the Robbie-ites on here will swallow them hook, line and sinker.

They are being wheeled out left right and centre already in defense of the shit hot Estonian Barcelona.

Its absolute cringe.

Our 2 forwards last night looked very laboured and looked as though they were covered in Teflon as nothing stuck to them all night the hold up play was abysmal I fear we already out

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is this based on "I'm a Hearts man" bravado, because I saw nothing last night to suggest this. The fact is their players were more technically competent that ours!

It's based on them being a pub team.

Archived