Jack Hamilton is cool as feck

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

The game was shite, the team are shite, the tactics are shite but Jacky boy is cool

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

tokyowalnut

he had a couple of shaky moments, I thought and did everything else you'd expect him to do. He was left exposed far too often by a terrible defensive performance.

Randle P McMurphy

I'm not saying he's good, he just looks cool. That's as much as we can hope for. Go cool Jacky

BroughtyJambo

Good shot stopper but cross balls need a hell of a lot of work..

Either come for it or don't... Couple of times was in no mans land..

Shanks said no

I was in the 2nd row of section J

Re his shoutieness, it was just garbage he was screaming, he was only shouting for effect, no defenders listened to him. 

lost in space

Made Soutar look bad in first half on one occasion.  Soapy was facing Hamilton (with back to player) and was unsure - needed Hamilton to give instruction.  Player took ball from Soapy - when Hamilton should have commanded clearance.

Otherwise thought Hamilton was dodgy at corners\crosses.  Good shot stopper though.

Didn't have much of an understanding with the back four. Hopefully that will come. We need an experienced defender to help our extremely inexperienced defence.

FenderJaguar7

I'm not saying he's good, he just looks cool. That's as much as we can hope for. Go cool Jacky

Put away the Pritt Stick.

queensferryjambo

He came out and totally missed a punch in the first half ending up on his arse. Second half he came out again and was scrambling to get anywhere near the ball and the defenders saved his blushes.

I hope he becomes a great keeper for us but he looked very shaky tonight. 

Good couple of saves from a couple of decent shots though.

Looked solid to me. No worse than Alexander and plenty of scope for improvement. A highlight from a pretty shit night.

I liked how vocal he was.. IF he can back it up with come consistent performances and some good saves then he'll do himself the world of good towards being no1 for years to come

BroughtyJambo

Worry is he thinks Joe Hart is a good keeper. Was trying to emulate him with the poor judgement at coming for crosses

grumpyespana

To be honest I thought Jack was our MOTM last night he had a tremendous save in the first half he was the only bright spark in a poor Hearts team tonight.

Was happy with him. We can't blame our goalie for our of urgency anymore as he was playing us on the break when possible.

Bambo Badonde

Made Soutar look bad in first half on one occasion.  Soapy was facing Hamilton (with back to player) and was unsure - needed Hamilton to give instruction.  Player took ball from Soapy - when Hamilton should have commanded clearance.

Otherwise thought Hamilton was dodgy at corners\crosses.  Good shot stopper though.

IMO Soutar made himself look bad. That was 100% Soutar's ball to deal with and simply put he didn't. Hamilton the only one with pass marks for me last night, Djoum did pretty poor but the other 9 were woful.

Ps In Soutar's defence I think he is potentially a very good player that had a very bad game. We can only hope the same about some of the rest...

So Hack's about the 10th consecutive goal keeper we've had who is no good at crosses.

And with about 6 different goal keeping coaches.

Maybe the goal keeping game has changed?

Yep I thought his showing was the only bright spot in our performance

I hope he becomes a great keeper for us but he looked very shaky tonight. 

Good couple of saves from a couple of decent shots though.

Contradiction, much?

KineticBeat

IMO Soutar made himself look bad. That was 100% Soutar's ball to deal with and simply put he didn't. Hamilton the only one with pass marks for me last night, Djoum did pretty poor but the other 9 were woful.

Ps In Soutar's defence I think he is potentially a very good player that had a very bad game. We can only hope the same about some of the rest...

I agree with you here. Souttar was looking for Hamiton to come for it. Hamilton obviously wasn't going / telling him no and he still stood there like a lemon waiting for him to come out.

Hamilton did well enough tonight. Cross balls need to be worked on but by the whole defence it looks like, not just him.

Nobody was listening to him. Trying to dictate the back line distance for a free kick late in the second half, cue his shouts to stay put being ignored and the players moving back a few feet.

queensferryjambo

Contradiction, much?

I did not contradicting myself. You only quoted half of what I wrote.

I highlighted both his good and bad points in his game last night.

I highlighted his good points last to try to take some positives on our young keepers performance.

However he might have made a couple of decent stops but he was absolutely shaky on cross balls.

I still hope he becomes a great keeper for us.

My MOTM, did look shaky but it'll come with experience baring in mind he's only 22! Good handling and a great and important save to keep us in it, looked destined for the net from where I was sitting.

Archived