Robbie oot (merged)

glastonbury jambo

Ron Burgundy

Watching Hearts should be enjoyable. Neilson is the fun sponge.

But sadly I think we are stuck with him.

We need a change ... that was nearly as bad as england.

Oh, England again?

Shock.

Diadora Van Basten

We were bottom of the form league at the end of last season and it's just not working.

We need a change ... that was nearly as bad as england.

C N S incarnate do us a favour ban yourself.

We were bottom of the form league at the end of last season and it's just not working.

What is the prize money for finishing first in the Form League? Is it equal to or higher than the prize money for finishing 3rd in the league?

Understand the point your trying to make but form over a season comes in ebs and flows and when all is said and done its your league position that counts.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

These threads don't look that silly now. Maybe it's my own fault for believing we might be on the verge of a bold new era. There's nothing bold about Neilson or this Hearts team. He should be sacked if we get knocked out next week.

davemclaren

These threads don't look that silly now. Maybe it's my own fault for believing we might be on the verge of a bold new era. There's nothing bold about Neilson or this Hearts team. He should be sacked if we get knocked out next week.

Nah

Robbie seemingly done his homework on Infonet. I reckon that homework was "nightlife in Tallinn".

Levein has far to much influence, until.he goes it doesn't matter who you bring in.

But make no mistake we go out next week it will be Neilson who pays the price.

Neilson is taking us nowhere , we should take the right decision for the good of the club , he is way out of his depth

Levein has far to much influence, until.he goes it doesn't matter who you bring in.

But make no mistake we go out next week it will be Neilson who pays the price.

Correct.

The fact he thought we only needed 3 players in at this stage is ridiculous we are lacking a left footed winger and creative midfielder as everyone identified last season

Robbie fan club is very quiet tonight, it's slowly starting to dawn on them he isn't the man to take Hearts forward.

He should never have been appointed but he has two decent seasons behind him, certainly results wise if not entertainment wise. There are only a handful of actual shockers on his cv, but unfortunately the biggest was against Hibs in the cup and I seriously don't believe we have recovered from that in terms of togetherness etc etc. It was genuinely unforgivable, especially given where the cup went after it.

Tonight was bad. Really REALLY bad and it's almost totally due to his pedestrian careful risk averse way of playing. If we go out to this team it's bordering on beating the Hibs cup exit for sheer embarrassing disaster levels and he should be sacked but probably won't be.

Anyhoo. This is probably best left as a debate until the second leg. I doubt he's going anywhere before that game, but he's walking the plank for me if we go out.

It's often underestimated but the influence of a true leader, a man players really want to play for is huge in football.

Not sure we have that.

Robbie fan club is very quiet tonight, it's slowly starting to dawn on them he isn't the man to take Hearts forward.

Indeed, the blinkers are off, I also agree about Levein having too much influence on the team.

Tonight was **** all to do with Robbie's tactics.

It's not Robbie that tells the players not to stand in any space, make anything that resembles a run, or pass the ball to absolutely nobody.

The fault lies with the players, who looked like they didn't know what they were doing tonight.  Vast improvement needed next week.

Ron Burgundy

Hopefully all the in house bickering can stop now.

There's no shame in realising that they were wrong.

We all wanted him to come good but it's crystal clear even to his most ardent fans he's out of his depth.

He may well become a competent manager but Hearts is too big and a far too important club to continue with this experiment.

It's not Robbie that tells the players not to stand in any space, make anything that resembles a run, or pass the ball to absolutely nobody.

The fault lies with the players, who looked like they didn't know what they were doing tonight. Vast improvement needed next week.

Utter nonsense.

He's not been able to organise or motivate the same group of players for months now.

Indeed, the blinkers are off, I also agree about Levein having too much influence on the team.

Levein isn't going anywhere. Let's get that right off the table because it's not going to happen. Not whilst Ann Budge owns the club.

If we bin Neilson, and it took a big step closer tonight IMO, Levein has to appoint a finished article. One who can be left to get on with it and will insist on being left to get on with it.

The fault lies with the players, who looked like they didn't know what they were doing tonight. Vast improvement needed next week.

If the players didn't know what they were doing surely that's neilson fault

Ron Burgundy

The fault lies with the players, who looked like they didn't know what they were doing tonight.  Vast improvement needed next week.

Words fail me.

Not Robbies fault yet the players looked like they didn't know what they were doing?

You're at it.

That was the excuses given last season.....it is the players fault.

Is Robbie not getting his message across most weeks not a worry?

Robbie is a brilliant young manager! Can't believe what I'm reading! It was only a couple of years ago we nearly went under and now we have EUROPEAN football! We are in a great position right now, selling out each week, and have a CLUB TO SUPPORT! In Robbie, Craig and Ann I trust. (to take Hearts to the top HHGH!)

The Comedian

Levein isn't going anywhere. Let's get that right off the table because it's not going to happen. Not whilst Ann Budge owns the club.

If we bin Neilson, and it took a big step closer tonight IMO, Levein has to appoint a finished article. One who can be left to get on with it and will insist on being left to get on with it.

Seriously doubt that. Levein won't want challenged.

Sorry but that's not right. Our team under Neilson is and has been devoid of their own ideas and forbidden to improvise outwith the strict confines of what we laughingly call 'the system' You can point the finger at the odd player having a bad game or opting out or just being shite. When it's the whole team you can only point the finger at one person

Robbie is a brilliant young manager! Can't believe what I'm reading! It was only a couple of years ago we nearly went under and now we have EUROPEAN football! We are in a great position right now, selling out each week, and have a CLUB TO SUPPORT! In Robbie, Craig and Ann I trust. (to take Hearts to the top HHGH!)

Brilliant. Sniffing lighter fuel has made a comeback.

Woah, not intentionally trying to troll.  I genuinely think that the players should know better than to stand around doing **** all.

The manager, ultimately, doesn't stand in the 10 outfield positions and hang around with his thumb up his arse.

Whether or not you think the manager is clueless, it's not entirely his fault - the players have to take some of the buck.  If someone was instructing me in a game of football, to stand in totally useless positions and do nothing, I would definitely ignore that and do something about it.

You might well be right with the "not allowed to improvise" sentiment, but I would seriously hope that players would act otherwise :(

Robbie seemingly done his homework on Infonet. I reckon that homework was "nightlife in Tallinn".

This seems to be the mangers problem. Why worry about a pub team, why not just have a go. We were so pedestrian in the first 20 minutes it was shameful.

Losing faith in Neilson and starting to fall into line with many others and think a change may soon be needed.

Seriously doubt that. Levein won't want challenged.

He also won't want to be embarrassed or have his decision making processes for appointments questioned. He can't keep getting that appointment wrong or the fingers will start to point at him.

Im deflated.

In 1980 a journalist told Stoke manager Alan Durban that there was no entertainment watching his team's performance, to which Durban replied "If you want entertainment go and watch a bunch of clowns." Durban went onto manage..errr. um...

Football is both an entertainment business and a result driven one. 

The football we are playing is eyebleeding and unsustainable. 

davemclaren

Too esrly ti judge this season. Need to improve over the next few weeks/months. I thought Many olayers msde many mistakes. Not much the cosch can do about that.

3fingersreid

Many years ago someone ( can't remember who) said that a team is the reflection of the manager , it's probably true ,

Bazzas right boot

Watching Hearts should be enjoyable. Neilson is the fun sponge.

But sadly I think we are stuck with him.

A fun sponge is money well spent.

Many years ago someone ( can't remember who) said that a team is the reflection of the manager , it's probably true ,

Pretty sure Ryan Giggs said it tonight.

Brilliant. Sniffing lighter fuel has made a comeback.

Sorry but I don't think you need to launch a personal attack because I stick up for the team I support! When the club nearly went to the wall I had a tear in my eye, and tonight as the lads ran out of the tunnel those tears re appeared! 

Wasn't there tonight but surely it wasnae as bad as the consensus on here? Or were Tallin just utter pish?

Neilson is a product of the coaching badge, tick box culture.

What you really need for a manger is a motivator and someone blessed with man management skills. I honestly don't think you need someone who just tries to outthink your opposition. The manger is lacking where it matters.

Sorry but I don't think you need to launch a personal attack because I stick up for the team I support! When the club nearly went to the wall I had a tear in my eye, and tonight as the lads ran out of the tunnel those tears re appeared! 

Don't see too much wrong with what you had to say, but I would argue that we are better than narrowly scraping through the first round of a Europa League qualifier.

Onwards and upwards! :thumbsup:

Neilson is a product of the coaching badge, tick box culture.

What you really need for a manger is a motivator and someone blessed with man management skills. I honestly don't think you need someone who just tries to outthink your opposition. The manger is lacking where it matters.

The players get to call him Robbie though so I don't think man management is an issue they must all get along well?

Archived