That was total shite

Craigieboy

The only thing the Spanish idiot and Sammon will be competing for this season is who can get the most yellow/red cards.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Last night's performance was absolute dirge. To say I was bored would be an understatement. IMO Neilson has not got it, he may still be learning, but why must he learn at Tynecastle.

It's going to be a long, painful season. With the squad and management we have just now, and if things don't change, I am predicting 5th.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair enough re last night, but can you explain February - May? Why aren't the players interested? Proved they could "do it" against Aberdeen in April.

I don't think we are good at making the game. Too many safe passes or perhaps not a good link with the strikers. Aberdeen come on to us so there is more space in behind. Sow was something different. We now lack pace and spark. Rather than berate the tactics I will wait until August 31 and then slate them if they haven't found the ingredients needed to make this team flow. It almost does but frequently stutters 30 yards out

Nelly Terraces

Why are people surprised? We've been playing like that for over a year now. Neilson hasn't got it, and our buys are honking. Get rid ASAP.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The only thing the Spanish idiot and Sammon will be competing for this season is who can get the most yellow/red cards.

:laugh4:

Probably right. Sammon has only played once I'll give him another week or two. Please not these 2 together as default though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why are people surprised? We've been playing like that for over a year now. Neilson hasn't got it, and our buys are honking. Get rid ASAP.

Concentrate on Raith Rovers you

If we were playing in Europe this time last year we would have seen a very similar performance imo.

One things for sure, starting this early in a competitive match was a leap into the unknown for us. Weird that Edinburgh schools had their last day of term and we had the first game of the season. It didn't feel like a European night, more like a pre season kick about.

It's the hoofball that does my head in, and Neilson actually encourages it. Straight from kick off last night the first thing Ozturk did was tee up for a long punt. I paid quite a bit of attention to see what Neilson was up to on the touchline, and when the ball was leathered long (to nobody), he would applaud. He also does the arm signals instructing to batter it long at times. He should be disgusted at the way his team performed last night, but I get the impression he'll be quite happy because we got a result. 

We have a lush playing surface, and last night the Estonians were in their element on it. The way they closed our players down, passed the ball about with a purpose and broke with pace (and they aren't very good) is how I want Hearts to play. 

The two, big 6 foot plus strikers up front is geared up for hoofball, so I don't see us changing our style any time soon unfortunately. 

There's nothing wrong with being direct. All our best teams since I've been watching Hearts have been direct - that doesn't mean aimless punts, that means breaking with pace, balls fizzed in to the strikers or wingers, who then get at defences. That's the way football at Tynecastle should be played, not slow, ponderous passes about the back 4 that results in a boot up the park to one (or two) non-mobile striker(s).

It won't work, but Neilson keeps on persevering with it.

Craigieboy

No you don't .

You are having the time of your life.

Moaning Git.

Mind you that was brutal last night.

Looks like anyone wanting to see Hearts in Europe again this season better get booked up for next week.

Yes mate.

I'm a Hearts supporter & I'm in my element that we have played terribly for months with no sign of change. M

:cornette:

Son Of Anarchy

Talking about snorefests....

Livvyjambo

2 centre backs were so poor last night it was scary and as for Paterson he is affecting others. Why are the management not dealing with this attitude , is he doing it to get away and we are scared to deal with it. Front 2 were poor also and for me only nicholson tried to take people on getting a couple booked . Just way to negative overall

KineticBeat

One things for sure, starting this early in a competitive match was a leap into the unknown for us. Weird that Edinburgh schools had their last day of term and we had the first game of the season. It didn't feel like a European night, more like a pre season kick about.

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Out of Europe before the vermin. Suppose that's another accolade Neilson can add to his list alongside gifting them the Scottish Cup.

Very concerned for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And no "money spinner" if we do go out.

And no "money spinner" if we do go out.

Correct :-( should be sacked for that alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 weeks into pre-season, you would think that would be the case. Aberdeen drew both first round ties last season against very similar opposition and won their first 8 league games.

I knew these boards would be riddled with ignorance, it reeked all over Tynecastle last night and here beforehand. The opposition were not brilliant, but they were well prepared unlike any Scottish team that has played in mid July even for years. Anyone that has actually bothered to take a look at these qualifiers over the last 10 years can see Scottish teams struggle because of the circumstances of when our season ends and begins.

FWIW I agree with you and think this is a huge knee jerk reaction.

I know people are going to say we were poor the second half of last season but we still produced and managed to finish third comfortably.

It's your second paragraph which is the issue. It's easy to just assume that the dislike for Neilson is just on this forum but I think last night highlights that he's lost the majority of the fans and once you do that it's near impossible to win them back.

Juanma and Sammon together was never gonna work in my opinion. As much as he scores, I just can't seem to like Juanma... He just frustrates me.

I think Sammon will be good, will take a few games. But I think it should be one or the other starting on their own, or play them up with Muirhead.

Is Todorov a big guy too?

As I said on another thread, get beat next week and he has to go.

That way it gives us a chance for the coming season cause if he stays we will struggle big time not to mention eye bleeding football

As I said on another thread, get beat next week and he has to go.

That way it gives us a chance for the coming season cause if he stays we will struggle big time not to mention eye bleeding football

The "eye bleeding football" will stay as long as Levein is calling the shots.

The "eye bleeding football" will stay as long as Levein is calling the shots.

I guess that's your perception of the football played under Levein - although i'm sure you'll tell me it's 'FACT'.

Each to their own i guess but I don't recall the football played under Levein any worse than the likes of Jefferies or Sergio. If that's your opinion fine but if you don't like Levein, as a person, just say instead of constantly trying to push your own agenda on other people.

I guess that's your perception of the football played under Levein - although i'm sure you'll tell me it's 'FACT'.

Each to their own i guess but I don't recall the football played under Levein any worse than the likes of Jefferies or Sergio. If that's your opinion fine but if you don't like Levein, as a person, just say instead of constantly trying to push your own agenda on other people.

Whats all this "agenda" pish?  My opinion of Levein as a Football Manager (not a person) is purely based on what I saw at his time at Hearts and to an extent Scotland.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

First game of last season was a 4 2 win over Arbroath if that adds some perspective.

Whats all this "agenda" pish?  My opinion of Levein as a Football Manager (not a person) is purely based on what I saw at his time at Hearts and to an extent Scotland.

That's fair enough mate and you're entitled to that opinion but that's what it is, an opinion.

You've been saying on other threads that it's 'Fact' that his style of play is boring and have taken a pop at him on numerous times. I'm all for people having an opinion, and not everyone will have the same one as me, but it just seems like you really dislike the guy and you're trying to push this on others by saying it's proven, which it's not.

Jambof3tornado

We had 2 players making their home debuts!!!

Apart from that it was the same team that finished last season so it's not like they don't know each other.

I didnt mean to get to know each other i meant for match sharpness.

Archived