That was total shite

Craigieboy

Poor game but people getting carried away. That was our first game, it can only get better.

Few players there who've never played a competitive game together, don't know each other's game and that makes it a hell of a lot harder to foresee what they're going to do.

It'll get better and a good start to the league campaign would do Neilson a huge turn because as Alexander says "there's no loyalty in football" and he's quickly losing the fans who are loyal only to the badge.

On a side note, I thought Djoum, Bauben and Kitchen for the short time he was on should all get pass marks today.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paterson and Nicholson were thr worst of the lot!! The whole right side was left exposed constantly!

I have no idea how they continue to get their game. Especially Sammy. Two very shite footballers.

Total pish but I'm willing to give them more than a game before I offer judgement.

I'm not part of the anti Neilson camp but I did express concerns towards the end of last season that he may have taken us as far as he can. At the same time though, he is a manager learning his trade. But to move us on he is going to need to take some risks and be a bit braver.

I'm in two minds: it's our first competitive game of the season and maybe expected to be off the mark, but tonight's performance was just a continuation of last season with no urgency, lack of organisation and the players deciding amongst themselves who'll do the set pieces.

We're not doing too great on the leadership front.

All of the above. Juanma taking an eternity to get off the pitch when subbed (was he expecting a standing ovation?), players strolling over to take throw-ins and corners near the end when we could possibly, just possibly, have done with another goal.

Oh, and we still look like a team that loves conceding the dumbest fouls in the world and collecting the cheapest yellow cards. Obviously that issue has been thoroughly addressed in the close season.

Ron Burgundy

Budge should have both Neilson AND Levein in for a chat.

Her fondness for the vermin means that IMO she doesn't really get it.

She's probably delighted we won and creaming her bloomers at the size of the crowd.

A long slog ahead and by that I do t just mean this season. The three are now in with the bricks IMO.

I'm going to say this now and be rightly slaughtered for it.

But not sure Neilson can take us forward. Our football is one paced and pedestrian.

Appreciate its early days but the Estonians should have won this by a couple.

If tonight was a marker, you are bang on.

Total pish but I'm willing to give them more than a game before I offer judgement.

I'm not part of the anti Neilson camp but I did express concerns towards the end of last season that he may have taken us as far as he can. At the same time though, he is a manager learning his trade. But to move us on he is going to need to take some risks and be a bit braver.

It's not one game tho is it. Same team (almost) as last season. They are not developing under Leveinson. This is going to be a turgid season.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I said when we signed Sammon that if I was a striker Hearts would be the last team i'd sign for. People took it the wrong way but I knew what I meant. We ahoukd just play a 5-5-0

You're 100% correct.

Caspian Primrose

This is a genuine question:

Does anyone feel the size of our pitch restricts the way Neilson wants us to play?

Towards the tail end of last season, at Celtic Park we played very well on a bigger pitch, which gave us space and time for movement all over.

I've always thought we could do with a bigger pitch

But it's a five year plan, the club nearly died, only been out of admin 2 years, Robbie is still learning..... Blah blah blahdee blah shite.

Gonna be a long hard season unless there's massive changes. To think the management felt we had enough for the first qualifying rounds of Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not one game tho is it. Same team (almost) as last season. They are not developing under Leveinson. This is going to be a turgid season.

Aye, I'm just trying to be positive.

I said that I'd give him 10 games before I started to call for his head but I can't see myself lasting nearly that long unless things change massively and quickly.

We couldn't do the most basic things properly and the lack of urgency was unbelievable.

Absolute dross, and staring at an embarrassing exit to a bunch of minnows.

I have no idea how they continue to get their game. Especially Sammy. Two very shite footballers.

clearly the pair want out! I'd take the cash right now for pair of them,

Lack of urgency and tempo has Neilson's paws all over if.

He can GTF as far as I'm concerned. He just doesn't have it.

When is the question session with levein again?

Or did I miss it?

Could maybe add a few more to the list.

clearly the pair want out! I'd take the cash right now for pair of them,

Coppers?

JudyJudyJudy

Nicolson was a headless chicken tonight. Patterson a prima donna , Juanma a drama queen ...Same old Hearts.  I see another exit from Europe again !

She's probably delighted we won and creaming her bloomers

I haven't stopped laughing at that since you posted it.

I'm starting to really dislike Neilson. He thinks he's Kasparov playing a game of chess but he's more like Mr Bean. He's utterly clueless and no leader of men.

If Budge and Levein don't have him in the office tomorrow for a "chat" then I reckon we are in deep shit.

There are no excuses for that. Not one. Only a wind up merchant or vermin could possibly try and defend that.

Agreed, but is the problem just Neilson or does it come from Levein? cause if it comes from Levein getting rid of Neilson isn't really going to help is it?

Look at our squad. Have we actually improved it at all? Doesn't look like it.

Serious lack of pace in the team.

Hope we can swap no.9's with Infonet.

Chuck Berry

I know its the first game, but we are so pedestrian and lacking in ideas its unbelievable.  Players are almost frightened to take a chance.

Why?  we need to change this mantra of keep possession at all costs, because we're not going to worry teams with slow monotonous build-up play.

We'll be lucky to scrape though, it was garbage.

portobellojambo1

I'm going to say this now and be rightly slaughtered for it.

But not sure Neilson can take us forward. Our football is one paced and pedestrian.

Appreciate its early days but the Estonians should have won this by a couple.

Why should you be slaughtered or feel as if you will be slaughtered for saying what you witnessed. The unfortunate thing is people saw it regularly last season, and those that passed comment on it were basically told to shut up, because it is a learning process. I'd agree it may well be a learning process, but I suspect those doing the learning will be those sitting in the stands who were willing to accept it last season and will possibly take time to realise that on the pitch nothing has changed, and it would appear we have even less options up front now. Maybe something not apparent tonight will come to the fore, has to be quick mind you, like from next Wednesday evening, but I really don't think we want to go into the league campaign looking and playing like that.

Ron Burgundy

When is the question session with levein again?

Or did I miss it?

Could maybe add a few more to the list.

It'll be " where does Queenie get her hair done?"

"What was Craig and Robbies pre match meal?"

It should be why are you such a bunch of fecking shitebags and how do you sleep at night after handing the tramps the Scottish cup. ?

Agreed, but is the problem just Neilson or does it come from Levein? cause if it comes from Levein getting rid of Neilson isn't really going to help is it?

Well we would need a manager with the gravitas to stand up to Levein if that's part of the problem.

Been trying to think of a worse home European performance and really struggling. Standard Liege perhaps, but at least they were a decent team. That was grim tonight. Really grim.

It'll be " where does Queenie get her hair done?"

"What was Craig and Robbies pre match meal?"

It should be why are you such a bunch of fecking shitebags and how do you sleep at night after handing the tramps the Scottish cup. ?

I think you're right mate.

Was it ever announced who'd be asking the questions?

Been criticised on here for giving Robbie Neilson pelters for long enough. There's not many on here praising him tonight is there?? He's not got it, simple.

Tonight reminded me why I stopped going to pre season matches.

I suspect our next home game will be against Celtic.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Why should you be slaughtered or feel as if you will be slaughtered for saying what you witnessed. The unfortunate thing is people saw it regularly last season, and those that passed comment on it were basically told to shut up, because it is a learning process. I'd agree it may well be a learning process, but I suspect those doing the learning will be those sitting in the stands who were willing to accept it last season and will possibly take time to realise that on the pitch nothing has changed, and it would appear we have even less options up front now. Maybe something not apparent tonight will come to the fore, has to be quick mind you, like from next Wednesday evening, but I really don't think we want to go into the league campaign looking and playing like that.

Completely agree.

The club can't expect supporters to shell cash out to watch the manager go through a learning curve, which is now heading into its 3rd year.

Depressing stuff, because aslong as CL is involved nothing will change.

Who gave San Nicholson man of the match??

Was that his parents that voted that one?

Who would you have given it to instead?

Personally I thought Sam was easily our best player.

Been trying to think of a worse home European performance and really struggling. Standard Liege perhaps, but at least they were a decent team. That was grim tonight. Really grim.

Zagreb away was even better.

rick witter

It was scary how easily our goal was put under pressure, that would have been an utter pumping against a better team.

Imagine that against Celtic in the first league game. We would lose by four or 5 easily. That team could have had 4 tonight with more clinical finishing and decision making when through on goal. Shocking performance.

Zagreb and Bologna away were shockers. But that tonight is as bad as I've seen at Tynie in Europe.

unless Robbie can find some vim and vigour we'll not progress. No team in any industry will improve unless there's a driving force behind it.

Maybe behind the scenes he's volcanic and going nuts at them but I doubt it.

I was watching YouTube highlights of the first game of last season last night and Juanma was like a man possessed, chasing, harrying, desperate to win the ball. Tonight he couldn't even be arsed getting off the pitch quickly. Someone needs to get him and the rest of the team telt.

I watched Juanma before he went off. He could hardly walk. I'm happy to give him a break here. He just wasn't right

Djoum and Bauben should have got both awards.

For a debut I thought rherras done ok, couple of wee lapses but overall he looks decent.

It certainly wouldn't have been Sam that's for sure.

King done more when he came on.

Riddley Walker

My only away European match :facepalm:

Thankfully I remember almost nothing about it, apart from Goncalves playing left wing. Don't think we even had a shot in that game, never mind on target.

The worst European performance I have seen from a Hearts team. Listened to the manager of the team Aberdeen played tonight and he was bemoaning the loss of the third goal as he stated (rightly) what a difference 3-1 made compared to 2-1 yet we played for 2-1 near the end with Hearts players slowing the game down deliberately. As it was going by the post match reports Aberdeen could have scored plenty, played with pace and purpose. We were poor tonight by any standard. For me Nicholson, Walker shouldn't have been on the pitch after half-time. Paterson did his petulant child act for most of the second half, Djoum had a poor game by his standards.

Estonia will be my 6th Europan away tie. I have only ever seen us score one goal and that was Liverpool. I am thinking this will not change next week.

For a debut I thought rherras done ok, couple of wee lapses but overall he looks decent.

It certainly wouldn't have been Sam that's for sure.

King done more when he came on.

You are just being silly now. King did absolutely nothing.

My only away European match :facepalm:

Thankfully I remember almost nothing about it, apart from Goncalves playing left wing. Don't think we even had a shot in that game, never mind on target.

I was that bolloxed I houdinid at half time.

It was a marginally less strange decision than giving it to Djoum, which some other mob did.

Why Djoum remained on the pitch has already provided a candidate for greatest mystery of the season.

It was a marginally less strange decision than giving it to Djoum, which some other mob did.

Why Djoum remained on the pitch has already provided a candidate for greatest mystery of the season.

Bigger mystery for me was subbing Juanma and keeping Sammon on the park. That's saying something as Juanma was terrible, which was still streets ahead of Sammon.

You are just being silly now. King did absolutely nothing.

Yeh prob took it a bit far with King tbf but Sam done the square root of feck all

Are you Sam's Dad or brother, he was crap, has been since early last season, rarely beats his man and even more rarely puts in a decent cross or pass if he actually does.

We seem to be set up for width... on one of the world's tightest pitches.

We were so clearly off the pace.

Paterson and Souttar were ridiculously sloppy with defending.

Prince looked sharper than most but then started making silly mistakes.

Positives:

Nicholson took players on - haven't seen that in months.

Set piece for the goal was well worked.

Are you Sam's Dad or brother, he was crap, has been since early last season, rarely beats his man and even more rarely puts in a decent cross or pass if he actually does.

:lol:

If you check my post history from last season you will see that I've not been his biggest fan. Thought he was best of a really bad bunch tonight though. Perhaps I'm being too kind on Sam as he went past more players tonight than he did in the last 5 months of last season combined.

Archived