Urgency

comradejambo

comradejambo

Like most I'm frustrated with the performance this evening! Understand the lack of match fitness which was clearly a factor and new players. Also the tiredness. I understand this massively played a part.... However, I would have liked abit more urgency towards the end.... Players seemed to settle for 2-1 it seemed.... Would have been a lot more comfortable if we got the 3rd goal.... Guess we shall see next week

I think Neilson has slowly removed any passion the players had. It's reflected in his personality and how he approaches games.

Gorgie_Rules

Very little creativity, need more ideas when got the ball that involve moving the ball quicker, been a problem since the start of the year

Cairneyhill Jambo

10 minutes to go and we start to put a bit of pressure on and then Sam Nicholson is telling the players to calm it down.

FFS. Have a ****ing go.

10 minutes to go and we start to put a bit of pressure on and then Sam Nicholson is telling the players to calm it down.

FFS. Have a ******* go.

Looked to me like he was also telling the support to calm down

the big show

Looked to me like he was also telling the support to calm down

He shouted to Callum Patterson too kill the game ie slow the game down a thought FFS and he is supposed to one of more attacking players . Personally don;t know what is wrong with the team but they are certainly not playing as a team and as for Callum slagging Prince i thought was out of order yes the guy was not great but it don't help the situation bringing other players down in front of the fans .

wattie exploited

Patterson has a cheek slagging off anyone as he was p iss pure tonight ! :rifle:  :rifle:

the big show

Patterson has a cheek slagging off anyone as he was p iss pure tonight ! :rifle:  :rifle:

i agree Wattie . some of his crossing was woeful and our free kicks was not much better it's quite frustrating to be honest .

Rick James

Urgency is something we've lacked for god knows how long.

Neat passing game present, although we lack real instinct in the final third. We're a bit like a robot. Very set in our ways, unable to adapt.

FenderJaguar7

Like most I'm frustrated with the performance this evening! Understand the lack of match fitness which was clearly a factor and new players. Also the tiredness. I understand this massively played a part.... However, I would have liked abit more urgency towards the end.... Players seemed to settle for 2-1 it seemed.... Would have been a lot more comfortable if we got the 3rd goal.... Guess we shall see next week

The thing about "match fitness" and "new players" that gets to me is that we've actually played like this since January............and it is horrendous to watch. The fans are turning on him, with good reason. Can see something happening end of Sept/Oct.

Regarding what i'm hearing about Patterson, I wish we had an older head in the squad that would scare the **** out of this little emo smurf! Pretend hard man is our Callum. His Mum probably still washes his boxers and makes his packed lunch.

DxB Hearts

What I can't understand is players who work so hard for a full season to finish 3rd to get into Europe, spend the weeks before it banging on about how buzzing everyone is about playing in Europe and then putting in such a pedestrian performance.

The 2nd half was walking pace - walking pace in a game where you are winning 2-1 at home against one of the lowest ranked teams in the tournament.

Walking pace knowing that a whole years work may result in one 2 legged game against Infonet.

Walking pace in any game is unacceptable for Hearts but in bloody Europe is ridiculous.

We need new players going forward or this is going to be a long and frustrating season.

I think Neilson has slowly removed any passion the players had. It's reflected in his personality and how he approaches games.

As much as I hate to say it, I feel like this too.

All this "Don't play the occasion" nonsense needs to stop.  We want to see a Hearts side getting wired in and going for it, not this safety-first, turgid shite we've had for the last 10 months.

chester copperpot

I am seriously worried about how our display last night could affect our season.

Neilson seems to have totally went overboard on the removing all passion and urgency when it comes to playing the opposition, and seems like the team has one way of playing and no plan B if things aren't going their way.

I can see that each player has a job to do, however there has to be some scope in there for them to react to certain situations whereby taking on the player at pace is available if it's the correct decision to make. There were plenty of times last night where we passed the ball when running at the man was the correct option. We seem to have that ingrained in our set up where the pass is always the correct option. It isn't.

Robbie does seem like yer fast tracked SFA coach where he takes the coaching he has received to the letter. I am actually fairly far along the SFA 'pathway' myself, however when I discuss the outcomes of my learning to my boss, he tends to rip it to shreds and gets me to take a different approach with my kids.

The SFA courses tend to all be drill based, drill after drill after drill, however it never coaches the player to react to the live environment they are in at any given time. This is where we are massively failing as a nation these days, and Hearts are sadly a product of this. Our players have a robotic response to any given situation, rather than being trained to take the correct option. This filters down to the coaching of not losing possession therefor not losing the game,

It sucks to see this in action, however it is how the top level coaches are being trained in this day and age in this country. The more progressive coaches will allow freedom for players to express themselves, and I have not seen any of that encouraged by Robbie for a while now, leading to insipid, boring football which is making for an unhappy support.

I hope that makes sense and that is my thoughts on things!

Diadora Van Basten

There were times yesterday when it looked like we would have been playing a long ball up to the forwards to hold up and to play off them.

Jambo-Jimbo

However, I would have liked abit more urgency towards the end....

Infonet did, 3 up front near the end, on one break it was 4 against 2.

Gene Parmesan

It was no surprise the lack of urgency, given the circumstances. The truly worrying part for me was the lack of any plan on the attack. It's like they got 40 yards from goal and just stopped and shrugged their shoulders.

KineticBeat

If we had just picked up the pace last night to what we would be playing (hopefully) during the season, we would have had these guys on toast. But because it is so early in pre-season then we just couldn't do it. 

We are crying out for a creative central midfielder and a winger who cant actually cross a ball to Juanma and Sammon  rather than cutting inside all the time and playing the ball to their feet. 

Mostly the winger. Nicholson/King aren't going to be good enough if we want to progress from where we are and Walker is more a number 10 now than a wide-man (and too inconsistent)

Big Moysey

Scottish teams success in Europe in past years came from playing at a high tempo, pressing and attacking from the start. Last night that was what was needed. As for Patersons gesticulations and mouthings and Sam Nicholson, 3 or 4 times gesturing to the Wheatfield to calm down??? Thought Paterson and Nicholson displayed horrific body language and attitude last night. Don't care what anyone says when that is displayed on the park it affects the team. A worrying sign that all is not well.

The Comedian

I am seriously worried about how our display last night could affect our season.

Neilson seems to have totally went overboard on the removing all passion and urgency when it comes to playing the opposition, and seems like the team has one way of playing and no plan B if things aren't going their way.

I can see that each player has a job to do, however there has to be some scope in there for them to react to certain situations whereby taking on the player at pace is available if it's the correct decision to make. There were plenty of times last night where we passed the ball when running at the man was the correct option. We seem to have that ingrained in our set up where the pass is always the correct option. It isn't.

Robbie does seem like yer fast tracked SFA coach where he takes the coaching he has received to the letter. I am actually fairly far along the SFA 'pathway' myself, however when I discuss the outcomes of my learning to my boss, he tends to rip it to shreds and gets me to take a different approach with my kids.

The SFA courses tend to all be drill based, drill after drill after drill, however it never coaches the player to react to the live environment they are in at any given time. This is where we are massively failing as a nation these days, and Hearts are sadly a product of this. Our players have a robotic response to any given situation, rather than being trained to take the correct option. This filters down to the coaching of not losing possession therefor not losing the game,

It sucks to see this in action, however it is how the top level coaches are being trained in this day and age in this country. The more progressive coaches will allow freedom for players to express themselves, and I have not seen any of that encouraged by Robbie for a while now, leading to insipid, boring football which is making for an unhappy support.

I hope that makes sense and that is my thoughts on things!

How to make a simple and fun game complicated and boring. Creativity and individuality stifled for a shan attempt at Dutch style possession football (without the creativity lol) while we end up trying to keep the ball without doing a thing with it.

The SFA having anything to do with football in this country gives me the boke.

Paterson thinks hes better than he really is.

Billy big spuds.  Time to punt him.  Maybe Stubbo will take him at Rotherham?

Archived