Paterson

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Paterson was helped at all by the lack of will from Nicholson to give him options - everytime Paterson picked up the ball Nicholson refused to run into space or take a defender away to create room

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whitburn Hearts

Paterson just isn't very good.

Simples

Had enough of this arrogant idiot of a laddie - his antics last night were pathetic.   Hopefully we can punt him for some decent money, but with an attitude like that who would buy him?

weegie jambo

so we're all in agreement, Paterson is woeful with a serious attitude problem. You going to do anything about it Robbie?  I would be happy if I never saw Paterson in a Hearts shirt again. What worries me is the negative effect on the team on the pitch, it's hardly great for team unity! One person is putting a huge downer on team morale. Any manager worth his salt would get him tae **** away from the team. I bet the whole mood would lighten if Smith was straight in as RB from now on.

His fitness was shocking.  Clearly didn't do a damn thing aerobics-wise during the break.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Strikes me as a knob full of his own self importance. Nothing wrong with that if you are Ronaldo

Actually think making Kitchen the captain would be good for Paterson. He'd get him told. Ozturk doesn't seem to control him as much as he should.

the big show

Ozturk need to tell him to feck off when we have a free kick. Paterson couldn't take a free kick if his life depended on it.

Ozturk could do himself a favor as well and get to feck when we get a free kick because for every one he gets on target there will 10 that are in row Z . ffs our delivery from the wide areas is rank as well .  our corners are not much better or free kicks into the box . ffs is so hard too pick a player out with a decent delivery into the box as we seem to find it hard for any player that can do it with any consistency . Callum does needs to get it together big time though his attitude and antics are now starting to affect his game and it's very noticeable .

Paterson was helped at all by the lack of will from Nicholson to give him options - everytime Paterson picked up the ball Nicholson refused to run into space or take a defender away to create room

I saw Paterson not playing the ball to Nicholson a few times despite space, and Paterson ended up running past Nicholson and out of position leaving Nicholson a decision as to whether to press up or drop back and cover for Paterson.

Dagger Is Back

CP has definitely gone backwards. He's got a decent engine but his defending leaves a lot to be desired. Positional sense is lacking as is his tackling ability. Good and strong in the air and a fearsome shot but his crossing is by and large woeful.

He's currently not the player some of us thought he was or hoped he'd be but why is that? Wonder what the coaches are focussing on as it seem they're either happy with where he is or it ain't working. Both of which are very worrying.

Based on the last half of last season CP isn't ready for a move and if he does he'll end up back in Scotland at the OF within 2 years.

CRWJambo1991

Paterson and Nicholson haven't improved much at all. Nicholson is so predictable, both of them were standing right beside each other numerous times last night and didn't bother to make any runs. So frustrating

A_A wehatethehibs

Looked like calum and Sam spent the summer drinking wkd in cav - if these boys have designs on reaching a high level in football then they better start screwing the nut and making the most of the opportunity they have at a high profile club like hearts, otherwise they'll be joining Locke at Raith on ?400 a week before long. Poor form is ok, form comes and goes but poor attitude is a grave concern.

It's a shame he's turned out this way, but it seems like he thinks he's getting bigger than the club. Moaning at everything last night, nowhere to be seen when the ball was coming down his side when Infonet had a few chances and for the goal. Screaming at Sam for his own mistakes and the sarcastic applause just topped it off, disgraceful. I think he did it on more than one occasion too.

Also in the game against TNS, I think it's during our goal, he doesn't get the ball and shout's '**** off', or am I just hearing things?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Actually think making Kitchen the captain would be good for Paterson. He'd get him told. Ozturk doesn't seem to control him as much as he should.

I'm up for that

Bordeaux 03

In a weird way he needs to stop caring as much as he does. He seems to put so much pressure on himself to do well, he just needs to relax and get back to making simple tackles and passes.

Jambof3tornado

Think paterson could do worse than having a chat with some of our released lads that will be plying their trades at cowdenbeath and east fife etc to make him realise what he has to lose.

Excellent potential but thats all, and that doesnt last a lifetime. At some point you need to grow as a player to reach that potential.

north wales jambo

Agree with a lot of what's being said about Patterson, but also would say, what did Sam create last night, for a forward thinking player do you think he did anything positive last night!!!! Callum's play is still suffering, he needs to go back to basics and start enjoying the game.. Sat in main last night and at one stage there were acres of space on the right flank, Callum started to advance but Robbie indicated that he should hold back, just on half way line. I'm reading between lines here from what I personally see or read on kickback that Callum and Robbie are not on same hymn sheet. Callum is not a full back his instincts rightly or wrongly are forward thinking, and let's be honest here, yes some crosses were shit/poor last night, but others created chances or goal first half and the header near end back across goal.. Yes his attitude should change, but can anyone say Sam, arnaud or Jamie created anything.

Archived