Paterson

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Captain Canada

I've always defended him in the past but I'm growing tired of his antics. It seems everyone else is always to blame for something but he should concentrate on his own game. Tonight his positioning was poor, the majority of his crosses were awful and he looked very average against a poor team.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

I've always defended him in the past but I'm growing tired of his antics. It seems everyone else is always to blame for something but he should concentrate on his own game. Tonight his positioning was poor, the majority of his crosses were awful and he looked very average against a poor team.

If his own game was 100% sorted then he could be critical of those around him.

He is nowhere near the finished article, Shay Logan for example is a better right back. Paterson has potential but will go nowhere in the game because he thinks he is better than he is.

As for his attitude to the crowd.......

Billy big baws can **** off now if that is his attitude.

He can take sam with him.

Your final point is as valid as the first imo.

Nicholson is a waste of a jersey. Gliding and bobbing around the park offering feck all.

Listened to McInnes on the way back from the game. He was talking about how Aberdeen's "ball carriers" wore down their opponents tonight. He was specifically referring to Hayes and McGinn. That's the fundamental difference between them and us imo. We've nobody who can run at players and really stretch and hurt opposition. We've players in Nicholson especially and Walker (very poor tonight BTW) who'll run down blind alleys and cul-de-sac and give the ball back to opposition. Hayes and McGinn are strong quick and direct and crucially are prepared to get their boots white.

I saw little to get excited about tonight but much to get frustrated and irritated by.

Feels lime last season hasn't ended

Ain't kicked a ball after the replay debacle.

Whatever happened or was said that night he needs to get over it.

He's a moaning git but at least it shows he cares and hates to lose, something our captain should be showing a bit more of.

He wasn't the worst tonight by any means and wasn't helped by Nicholson standing right next to him anytime he got the ball. Both him and Walker were anonymous most of the game.

the big show

Ain't kicked a ball after the replay debacle.

Whatever happened or was said that night he needs to get over it.

HE won't get over it though because a lot of what he was saying during the game he was most likely right . obviously i don't know everything that went on in the dressing room after it but i do know that Robbies tactics that night was rank rotten not to mention his money spinner quote before it .

Deans Jambo

His awful form from the end of last season continued tonight. How many times can he fail to cross a ball properly?

Clearly not in a good place right now.

Like to see Smith given his chance soon.

Robbie Neilson

Paterson doesnt want to be here anymore. Desperate for a move this window and wont sign another contract. Him and Robbie have fallen out big time

He's going backwards rapidly. Drop him for Smith.

Have to say all of our young players that came through haven't progressed as I would have hoped. Paterson, walker and Nicholson I thought could make it to big things, now looks like they would struggle in English league 1.

Captain America

He was shocking tonight, probably performance wise he wasn't worst but his attitude was horrendous. The sarcastic clapping, the stupid booking, him and Nicholson going at it verbally.

Used to think it was cause he so passionate but he has actually got serious anger issues. They need resolved pronto.

Kylo Ren, on 30 Jun 2016 - 11:40 PM, said:

He was shocking tonight, probably performance wise he wasn't worst but his attitude was horrendous. The sarcastic clapping, the stupid booking, him and Nicholson going at it verbally.

Used to think it was cause he so passionate but he has actually got serious anger issues. They need resolved pronto.

its like he just doesn't want to be there. I've had the impression for a while

Nelly Terraces

Have to say all of our young players that came through haven't progressed as I would have hoped. Paterson, walker and Nicholson I thought could make it to big things, now looks like they would struggle in English league 1.

Totally agree.

Smith in straight away.

The players you mention have got stuck & are looking worse than when they 1st starTed, Nicholson especially, had such high hopes for this lad but he looks a 1 trick pony offering very little. If they all were gotten shot of then I'd lose no sleep.

Robbie Neilson

its like he just doesn't want to be there. I've had the impression for a while

Totally agree.

Smith in straight away.

The players you mention have got stuck & are looking worse than when they 1st starTed, Nicholson especially, had such high hopes for this lad but he looks a 1 trick pony offering very little. If they all were gotten shot of then I'd lose no sleep.

Its the manager. Stifling them 

Totally agree.

Smith in straight away.

Nicholson has reminded me of how Templeton turned out

Its the manager. Stifling them

Might or might not be or could be Paterson thinks he's better than he is and should be at a bigger club

Totally agree.

Smith in straight away.

Yup. Everyone looks like they are treading water or going backwards, they've all played for about 3 years now without any real threat to their place in the squad and are just going through the motions.

We need a bit of drama and excitement at the club, boring as **** supporting hearts these days :lol:

heartsfc_fan

This for me.

BroughtyJambo

Totally agree.

Smith in straight away.

Totally agree. Smith looks more composed and doesn't try to be smart or try things that he isn't capable of.

If Paterson does want away then Robbie has to tell him he has the next 8 weeks max till the window shuts to play his damn heart out to get that move or come 1st September, Smith will be right back.

Same goes with Sam and Jamie. Looking more like decent Scottish championship rather than English championship players. Neither seem to be able to run towards goal. Closest Sam gets to Messi is on FIFA, so his persistence in trying to beat 3 men while running into a blind alley becomes more and more frustrating with each game.

Jamie is either 100% or not. Going by tonight's performance last seasons injury problem is still there.

Have to agree with the post above. If all 3 were dropped or moved on, would the team be any worse?

Shooter McGavin

Paterson and Nicholson could get punted and I probably wouldn't care, But I still feel Walker has potential, He just had a poor game today.

I must have missed the sarcastic applauding. Can someone share what happened?

Robbie Neilson

One I seen was when Buaben I think it was over hit a pass to him. He had acres in front to run into and Prince made an absolute mess of the pass and Paterson was giving it big sarcastic applause. He was right to be raging, it was an easy ball and Buaben had time and space, under 0 pressure and put it about as far away as could be :lol: He was right to be raging but the sarcastic applause was too much imo

His eyes light up when he's got the chance to smash the ball as hard as he can. Doesn't matter where it goes.

All this talk of moving on to England etc. He's currently not good enough to be in the Hearts side on merit

alwaysthereinspirit

Likes to point a lot at team mates. Lots of arm waving. Head shaking and rolling of eyes at every single mistake by others is getting old. Hates a wee look over to the dugout does our Callum. He must believe his own hype. Very frustrating to watch. Must be difficult being perfect.

Robbie Neilson, on 01 Jul 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

One I seen was when Buaben I think it was over hit a pass to him. He had acres in front to run into and Prince made an absolute mess of the pass and Paterson was giving it big sarcastic applause. He was right to be raging, it was an easy ball and Buaben had time and space, under 0 pressure and put it about as far away as could be :lol: He was right to be raging but the sarcastic applause was too much imo

being sarcastic just causes animosity between players and he had a cheek anyway seemed to over hit everything tonight. needs to get his finger oot

I think he is too feckin up himself to realise that he is a ball hair.

GTF Paterson.

So, travelled from the C?te d'Azur tonight and actually went to the game ? Your abuse is then understandable, if a tad over the top.

Granted Sam Nicholson never had a good game again but F..k me .. Paterson has a huge chip on his shoulder!! Moaning at him when it was nothing to do with him.  Me and a few boys round me noticed this time and time again. The Scotland Cap has done Callum no good. Ego wise anyway, if he keeps going we will have an arsehole like ballotelli that nobody wants 

No the first player with an attitude problem and won't be the last. Needs to sort his play out before he can be strutting around though. He's also a funking lunatic.

DxB Hearts

His attitude is woeful. With a year left on his contact I'd be very happy with anything north of half a million for him.

Vastly overrated and the number one culprit for aimless, misplaced, punts into the box.

frankblack

Nicholson was as bad yesterday. Constantly moaning at the ref and linesmen. At one point in the second half we had a throw in near their box but we couldn't use him because he was mouthing off at the Wheatfield linesman.

He needs to get his attitude sorted quickly.

Captain Lithuania

Callum Paterson is a welt. He's a petulant little b**tard who blames everything on anyone except himself.

Ever since that game at Easter Road he has been awful. His attitude towards the supporters and his teammates is a joke. Someone needs to have a word with him or get him punted.

Fenerjambo

Another one that needs emptied. Runs about like a spoiled laddie. Can't be good for the dressing room. Scotland cap how I'll never know??

He has turned into a cocky t*** who is starting to believe his own hype.

He was awful last night and needs to look at his own performance before clapping his team mates when they mis place a pass.

If someone was to come in with a million for him then we should accept it and get shot of him.

Half time pie

Nicholson was as bad yesterday. Constantly moaning at the ref and linesmen. At one point in the second half we had a throw in near their box but we couldn't use him because he was mouthing off at the Wheatfield linesman.

He needs to get his attitude sorted quickly.

Someone in B shouted 'theres a seat for you up here' and he turned round and muttered something back to the stand.

Five to One

Been saying for months and months that he's not a natural right back for me. Looks more like a right midfielder. Don't know why we persist in playing him out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think it'd be better if we sold him.. Take some money, get smith in

Sold him? To who? He's been shite for ages and even at his best he's an average spfl right back.

Yet people say we'd get millions for him if we sold him.

JamboHeriot

He's been pretty poor for 6 months now. Great athleticism but seems so pumped up all the time and his technique suffers immensely. Wouldn't be too bothered if we took some money for him this window.

Ozturk need to tell him to feck off when we have a free kick. Paterson couldn't take a free kick if his life depended on it.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Granted Sam Nicholson never had a good game again but F..k me .. Paterson has a huge chip on his shoulder!! Moaning at him when it was nothing to do with him.  Me and a few boys round me noticed this time and time again. The Scotland Cap has done Callum no good. Ego wise anyway, if he keeps going we will have an arsehole like ballotelli that nobody wants 

Didn't he get hooked at HT playing for Scotland for not being very good. That should have been a wake up call for him and get his focus back as he has the attributes to succeed but the attitude he is displaying currently will only lead to his career tailing off. 

Good player. S**t attitude.

This. The latter is now overshadowing the former so I'd sell him if we get a decent offer. Six months ago I'd have been looking for a great offer but if we leave it, he'll leave for nowt and we'll have another year of his attitude stinking up the place.

KineticBeat

Didn't he get hooked at HT playing for Scotland for not being very good. That should have been a wake up call for him and get his focus back as he has the attributes to succeed but the attitude he is displaying currently will only lead to his career tailing off. 

I thought it was a knock more than anything else. IIRC everyone (including commentators) was a bit surprised he was taken off as he had been playing ok

heartsfc_fan

Bench him and play Liam Smith in the away leg.

Give Paterson time to think.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I thought it was a knock more than anything else. IIRC everyone (including commentators) was a bit surprised he was taken off as he had been playing ok

You could be right but he still has plenty to learn before reaching levels he could reach with the right attitude .

Jambof3tornado

Bench him and play Liam Smith in the away leg.

Give Paterson time to think.

This should happen. But Robbie wont drop him. Same with walker, wee sam and ozturk. All the players must expect dropped after a shite performance.

KineticBeat

You could be right but he still has plenty to learn before reaching levels he could reach with the right attitude .

That is true. I do love his passion and aggression - it's what makes him the player he is. But has gotten out of control and is affecting his performances. The sooner he realises it and the sooner he turns it down a notch the better.  

Archived