Replica strips: How many do you have?

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

I am not a committed buyer of replica strips - and may well not buy this year's - but I was wondering: anybody built up a collection?

Thers a guy on instagram that posted a photo of his, jamie (forgotten surname) all folded up and has the vast majority of any decent kit going back to about 1989.

Personally I have about 11 tops mainly last few years

15-16 Foh top

14-15 home and away

13-14 away

12-13 home

10-11 Home

08-09 (i think) home

04-05 home

98-99 home

87-89 home

Have the 96 strongbow sponsored home and the 05/06 hummel home somewhere.at the parents,not sure where but its quite a modest collection

indianajones

I have a fair few Hearts strips.

Bought two of these when they were out and one is still in the plastic wrapper it came in. Probably my favourite Hearts top.

$_35.JPG

My dad has this but its STILL too big for me to steal.

HeartofMidlothian93-94Al.jpg

Have a collection of around 100. There are lots of doubles obviously, All the poppy shirts, cup final 98,06,12 etc Home and away for all seasons from 05-15 and some older ones, Dont have a clue what I'm going to do with them all

Midloth_Iain

havent checked, but approximately 16 - 20 , only the decent ones from the last 30 years ......

Have a collection of around 100. There are lots of doubles obviously, All the poppy shirts, cup final 98,06,12 etc Home and away for all seasons from 05-15 and some older ones, Dont have a clue what I'm going to do with them all

Thought I was doing well with 62,just wait till you have grandchildren, my 7 year old stared at them and then said so I'll get those when you're eh 'finished' with them. Obviously I can't die quick enough for his liking.Got all home and aways since 77/78.

Thought I was doing well with 62,just wait till you have grandchildren, my 7 year old stared at them and then said so I'll get those when you're eh 'finished' with them. Obviously I can't die quick enough for his liking.Got all home and aways since 77/78.

You Are! To be honest I might have less different shirts that you but have lots of doubles and some triples

queensferryjambo

I have a some replicas but mainly try to collect player shirts.

Definitely own more than 100 but I haven't really counted them in a while.

As per usual shameless plug if anyone wants to see lots and lots of Hearts shirts and you do facebook check out the Heart of Midlothian football shirt collectors page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/896156137164364/?ref=br_tf

There are literally hundreds of photos of shirts and shorts in the photo albums and we have also started showing off players boots and goalkeepers gloves as well as the shirts.

I have every top ever bought from birth a mere 21 years ago and I have 24 hearts tops. A few home and aways over the years that they were both good :)

I have a fair few Hearts strips.

Bought two of these when they were out and one is still in the plastic wrapper it came in. Probably my favourite Hearts top.

$_35.JPG

My dad has this but its STILL too big for me to steal.

As mentioned at the start of the thread, the Jamie guy on Instagram, his collection is amazing. Was his page that inspired me to start collecting! I've got a fair few, some being older than me (23).

I have the Inter Milan style away top quoted in the post, one of my favourites in my collection. Might wear it to the game on Thursday, love wearing the older tops. I also have the yellow Pony shirt with the black and maroon sleeves, which I've been told is quite rare?

I reckon I have around 20 shirts beginning in the mid 90's til the current day.. most of them are gathering dust in my mums attic.. The shirts from before mid 90's were probably binned as I grew out of them..

My son is just turned 6 and I think he has 4 or 5 Hearts shirts.. they are all well worn though rather than being something that could be kept for a collection..

Not counted but 2 drawers full. Ranging from Miller Homes through Strongbow, Ukio Bankas, Wonga. Have to say many(most) don't fit any more.

Clerry Jambo

Not counted but 2 drawers full. Ranging from Miller Homes through Strongbow, Ukio Bankas, Wonga. Have to say many(most) don't fit any more.

i feel your pain Moysey. Likewise have a few in my bottom drawer and they'll stay there!!

Liked the Inter Milan style shirt earlier in the thread, looked classy

had about 10 including recent ones but gave them to my nephew who said I was too auld for football shirts :32:

As mentioned at the start of the thread, the Jamie guy on Instagram, his collection is amazing. Was his page that inspired me to start collecting! I've got a fair few, some being older than me (23).

I have the Inter Milan style away top quoted in the post, one of my favourites in my collection. Might wear it to the game on Thursday, love wearing the older tops. I also have the yellow Pony shirt with the black and maroon sleeves, which I've been told is quite rare?

The Inter Milan style and the yellow one you mention are 2 i wish I had. I actually found a shop catalogue from the 96 season with order details for the yellow, im kicking myself present day me couldnt tell then me to get my parents to order in an adult size.

Saw an Inter Milan one in my size on a "swaps/for sale" site earlier this year but was a bit pulled and.couldnt justify the cost.

Maybe one day.

Just realised I may also have one of the Miller Homes tops, albeit in my parents attic, god knows what else there is up there

Not as much as I'd like to have but I've had easily 30-40 over the years.

15/16 was the first season I didn't get a replica shirt since 1999/2000, although I do have the tracksuit top.

Got the 01/02 away kit twice and I have both short sleeve and long sleeve versions of the 12/13 home top.

Also had a couple of training tops and have the adidas training hoody from 12/13 too.

Unfortunately a lot of tops have vanished over the years including my 98 cup final top.

bigdav, on 25 Jun 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

A couple of duplicates due to signed ones and a Toffs one.

Nice

I only have the 97//98 ones both home and away now. I purchased a box full of home and away shirts dating back to 80's off a chap on eBay a few tears back.

In typical footy fan fashion all the old ones were teenage/v small sizes then as we got towards the early 00's a few XXL sizes were in there.

I've sold them all since.

Far too many.

At least 60, of which half are Hearts tops. I like to buy at least one a month, usually ones from ClassicFootballShirts.

Got a good mix of domestic and international teams :thumbsup:

Far too many.

At least 60, of which half are Hearts tops. I like to buy at least one a month, usually ones from ClassicFootballShirts.

Got a good mix of domestic and international teams :thumbsup:

Very good site. Always nice when they do a discount code

Very good site. Always nice when they do a discount code

They always have stuff on sale as well, which is decent.

Great when you need a specific colour shirt for 5s, or just fancy your luck and getting an obscure team from the Czech second division :lol:

Салатные палочки

Superb collection.

I used to have loads. Had the Ghana 1996 Olympic Games home top, Manchester City 1996 away, long sleeved Dortmund 1998 home, Cork City 1995 home (Guinness sponsor), Wales 1996 away, Pompey 1991 away, Strasbourg 1996 home. Loads more. Gave them all (plus two Hearts tops) to my aunt to take home to California for my cousin who was a big "soccer" fan. Two weeks later my mum got a phone call thanking me but asking why I didn't have any Man U tops in amongst it.

Prick!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

queensferryjambo

Nice collection.

I see a long sleeved Asics player / player issue shirt is there a number on the back? If so does it have the Asics logo written on the number or not?  

Freaky Dancer

Has anyone had experience of selling tops to classic football shirts? I've got a rare 1982 Man utd top that I've seen on there for ?250 +, also got a Maradona era Napoli 1986 strip. Loads of Hearts tops from 86 onwards but not looking to sell those.

Nice collection.

I see a long sleeved Asics player / player issue shirt is there a number on the back? If so does it have the Asics logo written on the number or not?

Nice collection.

I see a long sleeved Asics player / player issue shirt is there a number on the back? If so does it have the Asics logo written on the number or not?  

I sponsored John Millar that season so got this shirt at the end of the season, supposedly he was wearing it when he scored against Hibs but always been too lazy to check if he did score against Hibs that season and was he wearing a long sleeved shirt lol.

post-8838-0-92771500-1466935190_thumb.jpg

It should have been ten

Pretty sure my old kits are in my Mum's loft somewhere. My son has every Hearts and Scotland home and away kit since he was born in 2002. It's funny looking at all the sizes from then to now and seeing how much he's grown.

Pretty sure my old kits are in my Mum's loft somewhere. My son has every Hearts and Scotland home and away kit since he was born in 2002. It's funny looking at all the sizes from then to now and seeing how much he's grown.

It's the same with mine from when I've grown up, going from an XL Boys size for the 2006/07 season, up to an Adults Large now.

Can't bring myself to throw them out though!

I sponsored John Millar that season so got this shirt at the end of the season, supposedly he was wearing it when he scored against Hibs but always been too lazy to check if he did score against Hibs that season and was he wearing a long sleeved shirt lol.

scored at Gorgie end IIRC

It should have been ten

It's the same with mine from when I've grown up, going from an XL Boys size for the 2006/07 season, up to an Adults Large now.

Can't bring myself to throw them out though!

I got my first kit around 1984/85 when I was 7 or 8 and first started going to watch Hearts. Was lucky enough to get the new kit every season. So like yourself I've got a fair few shirts and just can't part with them. Saying that, I'm 40 now and stopped buying the shirts around 2002 when my son was born and bought them for him instead. Cheaper too haha!

Ha ha. True. Started collecting from the the late 80's, stop/started through the years then started again about 4years ago.

Wanted to get shirts of all the teams hearts had played in Europe and that's still ongoing, still to get Lausanne of Switzerland Paks of Hungary and one which I'll never get FC Lantana.

Also most hearts home and always since the 80's plus Scotland, Ajax and Boca Juniors. Very wide and varied although not many shirts that are green lol (glentoran, Norn Iron and special "paris" St Etienne shirt. Don't have a lot of English tops apart from Leeds and Manchester city.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Ha ha. True. Started collecting from the the late 80's, stop/started through the years then started again about 4years ago.

Wanted to get shirts of all the teams hearts had played in Europe and that's still ongoing, still to get Lausanne of Switzerland Paks of Hungary and one which I'll never get FC Lantana.

Also most hearts home and always since the 80's plus Scotland, Ajax and Boca Juniors. Very wide and varied although not many shirts that are green lol (glentoran, Norn Iron and special "paris" St Etienne shirt. Don't have a lot of English tops apart from Leeds and Manchester city.

Pretty sure I have a Paks (matchworn). They wore green didn't they?

queensferryjambo

John Millar did wear number 10 in season 94/95 but unfortunately when he scored against Hibs he had a short sleeved shirt on. He scored against Hibs the season before but that season didn't have Asics written on the shirt numbers.

It is still a fantastic shirt I really like that era of shirt and Millar was a great player for Hearts :)

His goal is just after 4 minutes - 

Prince Buaben

Wish i could get this top but cant find it anywhere online  :sob: 

Wish i could get this top but cant find it anywhere online   :sob:

Remember going to Kinross market with my Gran and for years there was a stall selling footbal tops including this one. Always wanted it but only had adult sizes :(. Wouldn't surprise if they still had it now (if that place even exists any more) as this was a good few years after we wore that strip

Saw a few cracking old shirts at last night's game. I was wearing the Argentina style Pony away top from 95-96 and got a fair few nice comments on it which was pleasing! More pleasing than that performance anyway...

a3f9b53480bc4bfaed076e14606c5680.jpg

Still have mine, used to play 5's in it back in the day. [emoji4]

Love it! Looks good long sleeved, I have it short sleeved.

Archived