Connor Sammon spotted at academy

jamboveg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mahgrassyshoes

Did well in his last year- year and a half at Killie then started quite well at Wigan. Then disappeared off the face of the planet. Had completely forgot about him. Where has he been playing?

See when he was released by Wigan, I thought he might be a target for us.

Not so sure about him tbh.

Harvey Specter

Just been released by Derby and linked with a move to Aberdeen last week.

He had a good season with Kilmarnock prior to going to Wigan and I recall he always seemed to play well and score against us. He appears to have got a decent amount of game time at various clubs down south, without really scoring that many. Perhaps a fresh start back in the SPL would benefit him. 

Could be a decent signing if true.

Robbo knows all about him as I'm sure it was his Irish club that killie signed him from.

Never rated him. Had one purple patch getting incredible service from Eremenko but bar that has always looked like a huddy imo.

Fits the template for a Hearts striker - scores very few goals

I laughed.  :laugh4:

Sadly, you're not wrong.

Hmmm...no harm in having a look I suppose...if he is fit and raring to go and wages only and on a free, would be foolish not to consider....not saying we should or shouldnt but surely worth a closer look and let the management team assess from there....

Nucky Thompson

I wouldn't have thought anyone would be at the Academy as everyone is on holiday

An exerienced centre forward who scores goals at this level and is quite a hard working.

I see no problem. He'd be a good asset.

Not a very exciting prospect.

His 15 goals in 23 games in his final season at Killie is one source of encouragement. I've seen plenty saying that that was only because of Eremenko providing him with assists, so I looked it up. 4 of the 15 goals were set up by Eremenko.

deanmillar

I wouldn't have thought anyone would be at the Academy as everyone is on holiday

Did Robbie not say academy would remain open all summer

Think he's just been released by Sheffield Utd, where he did hee haw last season. No thanks.

Team Apps (Gls)

U.C.D. 69 (13)

Derry City 16 (3)

Kilmarnock 65 (17)

Wigan Athletic 32 (1)

Derby County 83 (10)

Ipswich Town 19 (1)

Rotherham 15 (3)

Sheffield U 25 (5)

Nucky Thompson

Did Robbie not say academy would remain open all summer

It won't close but I think most from the football department will be on holiday. Nearly all football staff go on holiday as soon as the season finishes

That's quite funny and true so that kind of isn't funny if you get what I mean. Might be seen as a leap of faith if we go hook line and sinker to try and sign him. Wonder if anyone will take the bait?

He was another one that left me baffled as to how he managed to get a bigger move down South?

Never overly impressed by his general game. Bit like Cowie.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That's funny. It is weird though how true it is. Despite changes in ownership and multiple changes in manager we never seem to get that big scoring season or two out of a striker - Higdon, Sutton, Billy McKay, Thumb at Hibs, it's odd how it just doesn't seem to happen here.

While I want a good proven scorer, the way some go on you'd think we hardly score.

We're only the third top scorers in Scottish football history.

Are our two best scoring seasons in recent history tarnished because a forward didn't thump in 25 goals? ( 98 and 2006)

deanmillar

It won't close but I think most from the football department will be on holiday. Nearly all football staff go on holiday as soon as the season finishes

True I hope this is a true story about him being there but

Toxteth O'Grady

Parr for the course.

The Future's Maroon

I really hope potential signings don't look at Kickback before deciding to agree a move, the negativity from some posters is frightening at times...who are some expecting we sign?

I would be very happy if he joined us, proved he can score goals in this league so why can't he do it again?

Not be long before the word "underwhelming" is used in this thread (not including my use of it)!

Harvey Specter

Conor Sammon and Adam Rooney's goal scoring records at Kilmarnock and Inverness respectively weren't a million miles apart.

Both players had relatively unsuccessful spells at various clubs down South.

Adam Rooney returned North and has been a revelation for Aberdeen. If Conor Sammon signed for Hearts and had a similar effect to that of Rooney we'd be laughing. My point being, I wouldn't read too much into his record down South.

JamboJoker98

Decent signing, if not ground breaking. Hoping this isn't the last of our attacking signings

Route we will always be going down - players from down south or abroad that have been released and younger players from lower leagues on the up. We have a good strike rate on successful signings so far. 

Bowmans_Boot

Conor Sammon and Adam Rooney's goal scoring records at Kilmarnock and Inverness respectively weren't a million miles apart.

Both players had relatively unsuccessful spells at various clubs down South.

Adam Rooney returned North and has been a revelation for Aberdeen. If Conor Sammon signed for Hearts and had a similar effect to that of Rooney we'd be laughing. My point being, I wouldn't read too much into his record down South.

I am pretty positive Rooney's record at Inverness was quite a bit better than Sammon's at Kilmarnock.

If we had wingers who crossed the ball maybe. But we don't so I'm out.

According to Robbie we are signing nobody until mid October anyway so no chance of us signing him

The Internet

To steal a popular posters patter. I'm underwhelmed.

Can't see us selling season tickets on the back of this.

Ibrahim Tall

I am pretty positive Rooney's record at Inverness was quite a bit better than Sammon's at Kilmarnock.

Not particularly, 6 in 36 in his first SPL season 21 in 42 in his 2nd. Sammon was poor in his first two then 18 in 27 before he left.

44 goals in 246 professional games... Hardly the 20+ goals a season striker everyone is hoping for.

No thanks, keep looking.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Id never heard of Sow, Djoum, Pallardo etc so Id give him a chance.

You've never heard of Connor Sammon?

Bowmans_Boot

Id never heard of Sow, Djoum, Pallardo etc so Id give him a chance.

You have heard of Sammon, though, yeah? Do you rate him?

I think the argument that lots of players have failed in England so it doesn't matter what his record was like down there is a little flawed, to be honest.  He may well turn out (if he signs) to be a decent enough player for us, but he isn't going to win us the league. Having said that, the league winning signings will be in two years time, I think.

Bowmans_Boot

Not particularly, 6 in 36 in his first SPL season 21 in 42 in his 2nd. Sammon was poor in his first two then 18 in 27 before he left.

Fair enough :) 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Connor Sammon won't take us higher than we currently are. I hope this is a load of pish but it has Levein all over it.

Harvey Specter

Rooney scored more goals but he played approximately thirty more games than Sammon (almost a whole season). Sammon left for Wigan in the January transfer window and had scored eighteen goals at that stage for Kilmarnock, whilst this is purely an assumption, had he stayed at Kilmarnock for another approximately thirty games and maintained that goal scoring record he'd be almost on par with Rooney's record at Inverness. Like I said though, that's purely an assumption.

Archived