Major Clearout at Kilmarnock

Serge

Obadeyi ripped Paterson a new one at tynecastle, plenty of pace but first touch isn't the best

We_are_the_Hearts

Obadeyi ripped Paterson a new one at tynecastle, plenty of pace but first touch isn't the best

Think it said more about Paterson than Obadeyi to be honest

Lincon Premier

The problem is some players look good in the style their club plays, and others who look crap would probably do well in another teams style. Hopefully the back room guys know how we want to play and can pick and choose who would and who wouldn't fit in. ( well it is their job to know that ). There is always a certain amount of risk when signing players and obviously we can't get it right every time. Maybe short term contracts with signing options would be the way to go. ( try before you buy  :uhoh2:  )

Is he not a coach for them?

No, he's the team coach for the away games.

They all fit in nicely.

There are reasons why Kilmarnock only escaped relegation by a bawhair and 7 or 8 of them are being shown the door.

Uncle Buck

Always liked Rory McKenzie. Good player. Other than that, Kiltie is probably the only half decent player.

People saying they wouldn't take players because the club was almost relegated need to take a closer look at how football works.

Souttar came from a club that DID get relegated. We would happily snap up his brother also at Utd and Spittal could probably do a job for us as well.

Sometimes 1 or 2 players aren't enough to save a club when the rest are gutless and pish.

That doesn't mean they can't move on to another club and shine.

Fair enough mate, was a genuine question as haven't seen much of him.  :2thumbsup:

I wonder if The Rangers have tagged him.

Ricardo Quaresma

Really hope we beat Killie every game next season.  Hate how that shitey little club tend to have the better over us recently.

Agree; they see us as a scalp & we took the big cup in '98 when they were defending it, although some may say it goes back further than that

_

People saying they wouldn't take players because the club was almost relegated need to take a closer look at how football works.

Souttar came from a club that DID get relegated. We would happily snap up his brother also at Utd and Spittal could probably do a job for us as well.

Sometimes 1 or 2 players aren't enough to save a club when the rest are gutless and pish.

That doesn't mean they can't move on to another club and shine.

McHattie is still pish, though.

i wish jj was my dad

He was one of the best at holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into it. If only Juanma and Reilly were half as good as him we would be more affective up the park !

A fit DC would be a great asset.  Unfortunately, I don't see him getting back to those levels again. A real shame.

Jamboelite

McHattie should still be with us his replacement has been a tad underwhelming! !! Bit of coaching and more top flight games and he'd have done a job!

He played nearly 100 times with us he was pi$$ no thank you.

Winston Ingram

So McHattie goes to a team that finishes 11th in league, where he cannot get a game and now told he can leave.. and somehow people claim we were wrong to let him go?!

Another example of Neilson and co being proven entirely correct. 

We_are_the_Hearts

So McHattie goes to a team that finishes 11th in league, where he cannot get a game and now told he can leave.. and somehow people claim we were wrong to let him go?!

Another example of Neilson and co being proven entirely correct. 

Agreed. They have been proved right in everyone they have let go so far.

McHattie is still pish, though.

I had that one called when he was still with us. He could run and he could put in a slide tackle. Both of which were forced upon him because his positioning was so bad he let his man get goal side every time and had to try and catch up to him.

Watt-Zeefuik

Agreed. They have been proved right in everyone they have let go so far.

The only caveat to that is Holt, who appears to have wanted away regardless of Robbie and Craig's intents.

We_are_the_Hearts

The only caveat to that is Holt, who appears to have wanted away regardless of Robbie and Craig's intents.

After what i seen on Saturday we now have better

KillieMitch

Here - hands off our Greg Kiltie!

On McHattie - he was terrible. Had some moments going forward but atrocious defensively.

That said, the 'itk' chat was that he had a fall out with Clark over his attitude which ended with Clark pushing him against a wall (or something like that) and telling him he'd never play again. No idea the truth of that. We'd have been delighted to have Oshinawa.

My scout report on all those leaving would be 'cheerio' basically. Bold move from the manager. Apparently already brought in two West Ham youngsters on loan and has 8 players lined up from his links in England.

Best comment I saw on all this was the player's presumably went from Clark's office to a waiting bus for Raith. Surely, surely, Locke won't do the same all over again? 

Here - hands off our Greg Kiltie!

On McHattie - he was terrible. Had some moments going forward but atrocious defensively.

That said, the 'itk' chat was that he had a fall out with Clark over his attitude which ended with Clark pushing him against a wall (or something like that) and telling him he'd never play again. No idea the truth of that. We'd have been delighted to have Oshinawa.

My scout report on all those leaving would be 'cheerio' basically. Bold move from the manager. Apparently already brought in two West Ham youngsters on loan and has 8 players lined up from his links in England.

Best comment I saw on all this was the player's presumably went from Clark's office to a waiting bus for Raith. Surely, surely, Locke won't do the same all over again?

What's up with Jamie Hamill Mitch? He had his detractors on here, however I would have thought he still had enough about him to be a decent SPL player.

Shame about Dale Carrick of whom I suspect that the injuries have taken their toll.

KillieMitch

What's up with Jamie Hamill Mitch? He had his detractors on here, however I would have thought he still had enough about him to be a decent SPL player.

Shame about Dale Carrick of whom I suspect that the injuries have taken their toll.

Hamill just looked done - offered absolutely nothing in the games he played. Interestingly Clark apparently made up his mind after just a few weeks that there wasn't a player there. 

Carrick, yeah i think the injuries have been the problem. He did very little when he got on the pitch - how much of that is lack of confidence/ game time I'm not sure. Worrying thing was that even when he was fit he wasn't often trusted up front. Hope he gets a start somewhere

Sierra Delta

I think Lee Clark could do very well with Killie. 

Decent manager with good links down south that'll help him to build his own squad. 

What's the thoughts on Craig Slater? I hear good things and we could use an attacking mid, seemed to play in an advance role for Killie.

KillieMitch

What's the thoughts on Craig Slater? I hear good things and we could use an attacking mid, seemed to play in an advance role for Killie.

Very promising player. The talk was that he was off to Aberdeen. Inconsistent this term but I put a lot of that on Locke. He was fantastic in the playoff games.

Watt-Zeefuik

After what i seen on Saturday we now have better

Agreed.  I would still love to have him as a squad player though.

Bazzas right boot

Mchattie is a better left back than Oshaniwhatever

Not hard, mchattie is at least a left back.

Not sure osh is a football player, tbh.

Bazzas right boot

Currently,None of thier players would improve us.

Archived