Major Clearout at Kilmarnock

Serge

Thats not a huge surprise, wonder how many will end up at Raith?

Is Dale Carrick fit at all?

Wish the lad well, did the business in the relegation party Hibs threw for themselves.

Lee Clark could do well at Kilmarnock. Contacts south could see some good English based players come in.

Is Dale Carrick fit at all?

Wish the lad well, did the business in the relegation party Hibs threw for themselves.

I feel really sorry for him, looked a good prospect but it looks like injuries have already fecked his career :(

All roads lead to Gorgie

I feel really sorry for him, looked a good prospect but it looks like injuries have already fecked his career :(

He was one of the best at holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into it. If only Juanma and Reilly were half as good as him we would be more affective up the park !

The only Killie player I'd seriously take who would improve us would be Kiltie.

Anyone else would just be filler. I'd consider Higginbotham as a back up winger/striker but he is much like Nicholson, since he's a winger and a striker he always wants to cut in and shoot rather than hit the byline. Better work rate than Juanma though.

We_are_the_Hearts

The only Killie player I'd seriously take who would improve us would be Kiltie.

Anyone else would just be filler. I'd consider Higginbotham as a back up winger/striker but he is much like Nicholson, since he's a winger and a striker he always wants to cut in and shoot rather than hit the byline. Better work rate than Juanma though.

Do you think a 19 year old would improve us? How often have you seen him play? Must be a player to be better than Wlaker already

The Treasurer, on 24 May 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

McHattie and Carrick to Raith

And Hamill

McHattie and Carrick to Raith

McHattie should still be with us his replacement has been a tad underwhelming! !! Bit of coaching and more top flight games and he'd have done a job!

letsalldothebeattie

McHattie & Carrick would be good signings for Raith if Locke could persuade them to drop to championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

McHattie & Carrick would be good signings for Raith if Locke could persuade them to drop to championship.

Where else are they going to go?

Do you think a 19 year old would improve us? How often have you seen him play? Must be a player to be better than Wlaker already

Is that the same Walker who missed half a season?

Why should we have to rely on one player for that role of an advanced midfielder when we could have another young talented player who can also play that role and score goals?

We need a midfielder to play that role and Kiltie is a very talented young player who can.

We_are_the_Hearts

Why should we have to rely on one player for that role of an advanced midfielder when we could have another young talented player who can also play that role and score goals?

We need a midfielder to play that role and Kiltie is a very talented young player who can.

So he plays more central than wing? It's when you said he would improve us I just assumed you rated him higher than Walker? I haven't seen much of him at all so can't commnet. Can't really remember noticing him against us this season.

manaliveits105

Surely the vermin will be in for more ex Hearts players - its their new scouting system .

letsalldothebeattie

Where else are they going to go?

Could still get option in Premiership like Hamilton or Thistle.

McHattie should still be with us his replacement has been a tad underwhelming! !! Bit of coaching and more top flight games and he'd have done a job!

but he isn't good enough for the 11th best team in the premiership?? 

So he plays more central than wing? It's when you said he would improve us I just assumed you rated him higher than Walker? I haven't seen much of him at all so can't commnet. Can't really remember noticing him against us this season.

At his age you wouldn't last season but I only live 10 minutes from kilmarnock so I sometimes take an interest in the local(ish) players etc and having watched him several times this season I think he is one we should consider if affordable.

We_are_the_Hearts

At his age you wouldn't last season but I only live 10 minutes from kilmarnock so I sometimes take an interest in the local(ish) players etc and having watched him several times this season I think he is one we should consider if affordable.

Fair enough mate, was a genuine question as haven't seen much of him.  :2thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

Could still get option in Premiership like Hamilton or Thistle.

Would be surprised, think Championship is their level for now where they could try and get a run of games.

No sorry totally disagree re McHattie...whilst his replacement has been awful that shouldnt detract from his own limitations...

If anyone drags out old McHattie threads I commented from the off his was not up to our standard and would definitely end up playing for a club in Fife due to his limited ability and lack of drive and discipline as a professional and ending up playing for a club from basically where he was born and raised...

If he were to end up at Raith only surprise is exactly how quickly it has happened...

letsalldothebeattie

Would be surprised, think Championship is their level for now where they could try and get a run of games.

Especially for Carrick. Hasn't kicked a ball in anger much these past 2 seasons

Weren't we interested in Higginbotham before? Though he seems to have been shite at Killie.

Thought Police

People complain about lack of ambition and then consider even a single Kilmarnock player joining us

tartofmidlothian

:lol:

We should have kept McHattie. Who's just been told he can leave Killie.

Who has Neilson let go that we really should have kept? Let's not count Sow.

The Internet

McHattie is brutal. The fact that Oshaniwa has also turned out to be shite doesn't change that. 

Gorgie_Rules

None of them are good enough for us, we are continuously trying to take things up a level, taking Killie rejects goes against that.

Hope many of the ex-jambos sign for championship clubs to help keep the wee team down again

upgotheheads

Chris Johnston was a good player before the injuries. Can't see many surprises in that list

He scored an absolute belter against us last season before he was injured and he looked a real prospect.

It just shows how precarious a football career can be, the same can be said for Carrick and McHattie.. I still think that McHattie's career was ruined by that tackle from Kenny Miller, he was just establishing himself but was never the same after the three or four months out injured.

We_are_the_Hearts

He scored an absolute belter against us last season before he was injured and he looked a real prospect.

It just shows how precarious a football career can be, the same can be said for Carrick and McHattie.. I still think that McHattie's career was ruined by that tackle from Kenny Miller, he was just establishing himself but was never the same after the three or four months out injured.

That was 2013!!

Fort Vallance

Templeton released by Rangers.

As stated in the thread I started, I would take Josh Magennis.

I would also take Kiltie.  No-one else would really be worth it.

Jambof3tornado

As stated in the thread I started, I would take Josh Magennis.

I would also take Kiltie. No-one else would really be worth it.

This. I wouldnt have taken Josh until somebody said he was only 25, still time to develop and move on. Kiltie I'm not sure of yet. It would be a gamble possibly not worth taking.

Generic Username

So, pretty much the bulk of the players Locke signed have been told they can go?

Stunned.

This. I wouldnt have taken Josh until somebody said he was only 25, still time to develop and move on. Kiltie I'm not sure of yet. It would be a gamble possibly not worth taking.

True, he's relatively untested, and for an attacking player (winger) his goals to game ratio isn't great - 5 goals in 41 games, 2 of which came on Sunday.

Kiltie could be worth the gamble though.  He's only 19, seems to be pretty comfortable on the ball, and has represented Scotland at the U15's, U16's, U17's, U18's and U19's level.

I reckon we could develop him better than Kilmarnock could, but he seems to be a pretty big supporter of them, so he might not want to leave.

Would take if the price is right - give Nicholson a bit of competition in the team!

Jambof3tornado

True, he's relatively untested, and for an attacking player (winger) his goals to game ratio isn't great - 5 goals in 41 games, 2 of which came on Sunday.

Kiltie could be worth the gamble though. He's only 19, seems to be pretty comfortable on the ball, and has represented Scotland at the U15's, U16's, U17's, U18's and U19's level.

I reckon we could develop him better than Kilmarnock could, but he seems to be a pretty big supporter of them, so he might not want to leave.

Would take if the price is right - give Nicholson a bit of competition in the team!

I think we need a tried and tested winger to bring Sam on development wise.

Nookie Bear

Not seen much of him but he looks the kind of midfielder who likes to get into the box.

tartofmidlothian

So, pretty much the bulk of the players Locke signed have been told they can go to Raith.

Stunned.

FTFY.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I think there's more chance McHattie going back to Dunfermline.

Generic Username

I think there's more chance McHattie going back to Dunfermline.

He's a Raith supporter, more chance of Locke twisting his arm than Magic.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All finding their level. Oshaniwa shouldn't be used in any argument for McHattie, one mans lack of suitability shouldn't mean we accept anothers.

Really hope we beat Killie every game next season.  Hate how that shitey little club tend to have the better over us recently.

Really hope we beat Killie every game next season. Hate how that shitey little club tend to have the better over us recently.

Two wins and two draws against them this season. Hardly the "better over us".

Archived