Klaxon Tick Tock

BelgeJambo

BelgeJambo

With Dot Counters now on well earned vacation, we surely are focussed on hearing a Klaxon or two this week.  I hope the Gilks deal will be done very soon.  Not so sure about Stewart from Dundee, any other ITKs got anything to report?

Window doesnt open until june 9 so im not expecting to much news until then.

Son Of Anarchy

Two weeks time we will start to hear things. Before that guessing/speculation.

Jambof3tornado

Window doesnt open until june 9 so im not expecting to much news until then.

Squad getting back together on the 15th I thought so I think we may hear sooner.

BelgeJambo

Before the 9th we can announce pre-contract agreements, yes?

Jambof3tornado

We could announce signings too, just not register the players.

Timings will be used to maximum effect on keeping us in the news.

Yes you can but hearts dont seem to go much for precontracts but wait until a player actually signs

BelgeJambo

Yes you can but hearts dont seem to go much for precontracts but wait until a player actually signs

True, but Aberdeen and Dundee seem to steal a march on everybody utilising this, maybe we should pull our finger oot tae

Wonder how many times the klaxon will sound?

I'm guessing at 6!!

Not as many as that, I'm going to say 4, judging by comments made a few weeks ago by RN.

Jambof3tornado

Not as many as that, I'm going to say 4, judging by comments made a few weeks ago by RN.

Cards close to chest methinks.

With the exeption of maybe Gilks, the names banded about dont fill me with much confidence so far. Hopefully we will sign some real quality players.

True, but Aberdeen and Dundee seem to steal a march on everybody utilising this, maybe we should pull our finger oot tae

It doesn't mean we don't utilise them, just that we don't announce it until the player is actually at Tynecastle with a scarf above their head. It's a sensible approach, clubs have been stung in the past saying they have signed X player on a pre contract only for them to change their mind and sign for someone else.

letsalldothebeattie

I would expect a flurry of announcements from 9th onward. Would be very surprised if we announce anything before the window. I think we will sign maybe 5/6 players. 2 keepers, LB, 2 strikers and maybe a midfielder & or CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BelgeJambo

With the exeption of maybe Gilks, the names banded about dont fill me with much confidence so far. Hopefully we will sign some real quality players.

:indeed:

Names banded about are always wrong. Some non UK star we've never heard of awaits.

Lottery sometimes, we need to find another Sow asap

heartsfc_fan

Alan Hutton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless he's fine with a huge wage cut. Can't see it.

Unless he's fine with being tied up, and locked in the dressing room during game time. Can't see it.

FTFY.  No ****ing thanks :down:

Dundee[edit]

On 16 May 2015, Hemmings signed a pre-contract agreement with Dundee. Joining the Scottish club on 1 July, on a three-year deal.[34] On 8 February 2016, Hemmings was named as SPFL Player of the Month for January 2016.[35]

On the 19th of May 2016, Hemmings signed for Heart of Midlothian for an undisclosed fee. When asked why he signed for Heart of Midlothian over recently formed club Sevco, Hemmings said that he wanted to play for a team with a history other than lower league titles and the third domestic cup in their trophy room. Hemmings also said that playing in front of a literate audience also persuaded him to move to Tynecastle over a return to Glasgow.

:-D

FarmerTweedy

With Dot Counters now on well earned vacation, we surely are focussed on hearing a Klaxon or two this week. I hope the Gilks deal will be done very soon. Not so sure about Stewart from Dundee, any other ITKs got anything to report?

Given that Hearts recently stated they wouldn't be making any announcements regarding new signings until the transfer window opens, I wouldn't think there will be anything other than speculation this week.

Dundee[edit]

On 16 May 2015, Hemmings signed a pre-contract agreement with Dundee. Joining the Scottish club on 1 July, on a three-year deal.[34] On 8 February 2016, Hemmings was named as SPFL Player of the Month for January 2016.[35]

On the 19th of May 2016, Hemmings signed for Heart of Midlothian for an undisclosed fee. When asked why he signed for Heart of Midlothian over recently formed club Sevco, Hemmings said that he wanted to play for a team with a history other than lower league titles and the third domestic cup in their trophy room. Hemmings also said that playing in front of a literate audience also persuaded him to move to Tynecastle over a return to Glasgow.

The fact that someone took time out of their life to do that is just plain cornette.

craig.still1

Unless he's fine with a huge wage cut. Can't see it.

Paterson out, Hutton in.

Done deal.

TyphoonJambo

A good start would be Gilks, Henderson and Hemmings in, King back  and some completely unknown foreigner the size of a brick outhouse as another striker. 

Dalstonjambo

You do know that we don't have to announce everything the second it's done don't you?

BelgeJambo

You do know that we don't have to announce everything the second it's done don't you?

Yes

Dalstonjambo

Yes

Great - just didn't seem like it as you were asking the club to pull the finger out and claiming other clubs were stealing a march on us. 

BelgeJambo

Great - just didn't seem like it as you were asking the club to pull the finger out and claiming other clubs were stealing a march on us. 

Just that this season, we don't have the luxury of hanging around until pre-season would normally begin, so not a criticism of the club, more wishful thinking DJ

Dundee[edit]

On 16 May 2015, Hemmings signed a pre-contract agreement with Dundee. Joining the Scottish club on 1 July, on a three-year deal.[34] On 8 February 2016, Hemmings was named as SPFL Player of the Month for January 2016.[35]

On the 19th of May 2016, Hemmings signed for Heart of Midlothian for an undisclosed fee. When asked why he signed for Heart of Midlothian over recently formed club Sevco, Hemmings said that he wanted to play for a team with a history other than lower league titles and the third domestic cup in their trophy room. Hemmings also said that playing in front of a literate audience also persuaded him to move to Tynecastle over a return to Glasgow.

ha, love it! :)

Dalstonjambo

Just that this season, we don't have the luxury of hanging around until pre-season would normally begin, so not a criticism of the club, more wishful thinking DJ

But that's my point. They will be working in the background - some might already be done, we've just said we won't announce it until they can be registered. That's our decision. I wouldn't panic mate. Not yet anyway!

BelgeJambo

But that's my point. They will be working in the background - some might already be done, we've just said we won't announce it until they can be registered. That's our decision. I wouldn't panic mate. Not yet anyway!

:calm:

Dundee[edit]

Is that real genuine question? I know wiki is nonsense sometimes but if it's true then it brilliant.

A good start IMO would be, Gilks, Muirhead, Hemmings that Belgian leftback (minds went blank!!!) 

If Alexanders off, I wonder who is going to play back up for Gilks ? Hopefully get someone cheap that can push Gilks a bit (I.e not another Gallacher) assuming Hamilton goes out on loan

If it's only four then we will have a smaller squad next season. I'd be surprised at that.

Livvyjambo

If it's only four then we will have a smaller squad next season. I'd be surprised at that.

On top of Alexander, blazej and el hass I would expect another 4 at least to leave so a revamp will be in order

Jambof3tornado

A good start would be Gilks, Henderson and Hemmings in, King back and some completely unknown foreigner the size of a brick outhouse as another striker.

Akinfenwa or bust!!

On top of Alexander, blazej and el hass I would expect another 4 at least to leave so a revamp will be in order

Dauda and Pallardo as well as Buchanan and McKirdy. That's 7 of the squad gone with question marks over McGhee, Gomis, King. Maybe need as many as 6 or 7 coming in plus promotions for Beith and others.

Livvyjambo

Dauda and Pallardo as well as Buchanan and McKirdy. That's 7 of the squad gone with question marks over McGhee, Gomis, King. Maybe need as many as 6 or 7 coming in plus promotions for Beith and others.

Paterson ,Nicholson ,Reilly possibly . Scary what may be required

If we improve on each departed player its a huge opportunity...

JeanLouisValois84

What have you heard? Hopefully the first 2 stay.

penicuik jambo

Was told today Nicholson isn't leaving and doesn't want away. Fairly decent source

Livvyjambo

Was told today Nicholson isn't leaving and doesn't want away. Fairly decent source

But won't sign an extension so we would need to take the money

penicuik jambo

But won't sign an extension so we would need to take the money

True, won't get much for him on recent form.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Nicolson won't sign another contract? :rofl:

Does he not know the dole won't pay him if he refuses work?

Thumb Up Emoji

Saw Shaun Maloney with his wife in a cafe in Stockbridge talking about living up here.

MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL.

Clark Griswold

Saw Shaun Maloney with his wife in a cafe in Stockbridge talking about living up here.

MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL.

Greggs selling coffee these days?

Would like to keep Paterson and Reilly another season. Nicholson - meh

Archived