The Rangers post-cup sideshow

Jammy T

ILoveYouRudi

I never mentioned 'majority', I clearly stated the mere 'minority' that is perpetually claimed on here is complete and utter pish, it's much more than a small few. Those that get hot and bothered by such truth are simply a reflection of the problem we have with this scum element...and they are scum in true sense of the word. Anyone that deliberate wishes to associate their pseudo-religious or fraternal organisational agenda to our proud club should be castrated!

Any thoughts on the footage you've been shown?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ILoveYouRudi

If our fans had been allowed to invade the pitch in 2012 after our 1-5 victory do you seriously believe that none of the Hibs players would have received a slap or two? Conversely if the Hibs had won that game and gained access to the pitch would Rudi have escaped unharmed or even, alive? The blame for this lies predominantly with the SFA who were in charge of security for the cup final and failed miserably to stop the encroachment. And finally, If no invasion had taken place would Rangers get punished for the flares and the sectarian singing? 

I don't know if it would've been my first thought to be honest with you pal. More fun just smiling at Garry O'Connor's puss until he threw his medal away.

Sorry but I feel you are letting personal bias get in the way of the truth

If this had been say Inverness players on the receiving end I doubt you or 99% of those who for some reason seem to doubt the reports would be 'living in denial' and that's what you are doing.

Double.

v

v

v

v

I doubt them partly because of the source (personal bias - maybe; track record of complete bullshite being perpetuated by Rangers - undoubtedly)

I also doubt them because of the lack of evidence - in this day and age.

The Rangers keeper gets a shove.

Completely out of order. Its not an assault in the real world but that keeper will have been shaken up by those animals and Hibs deserve the book thrown at them for a fan laying hands on a player on the pitch.

Lee Wallace - that stupid wee inbred Hibs fan has a good go at trying to hit Lee, but from what I can see Lee does a pretty good job in dodging it, and slips/stumbles then some not quite so inbred Hibs fans pull the guy away.

Again, completely out of order and Hibs should have the book thrown at them for a fan getting on the pitch and even attempting to land a punch on a player.

Other than that?

I see loads of Rangers players strolling off the pitch and no assaults. That's what I see. Being honest, I'd love to see some of the alleged assaults if they happened. It would potentially be catastrophic for Hibs. Its not a defence of Hibs - its a calling out of bullshit. I'd be happy for that bullshit to be proven to be the truth.

But I am not just all of a sudden going to believe what the Daily Record and Jim Traynor tell me just because its Hibs.

ILoveYouRudi

I doubt them partly because of the source (personal bias - maybe; track record of complete bullshite being perpetuated by Rangers - undoubtedly)

I also doubt them because of the lack of evidence - in this day and age.

The Rangers keeper gets a shove.

Completely out of order. Its not an assault in the real world but that keeper will have been shaken up by those animals and Hibs deserve the book thrown at them for a fan laying hands on a player on the pitch.

Lee Wallace - that stupid wee inbred Hibs fan has a good go at trying to hit Lee, but from what I can see Lee does a pretty good job in dodging it, and slips/stumbles then some not quite so inbred Hibs fans pull the guy away.

Again, completely out of order and Hibs should have the book thrown at them for a fan getting on the pitch and even attempting to land a punch on a player.

Other than that?

I see loads of Rangers players strolling off the pitch and no assaults. That's what I see. Being honest, I'd love to see some of the alleged assaults if they happened. It would potentially be catastrophic for Hibs. Its not a defence of Hibs - its a calling out of bullshit. I'd be happy for that bullshit to be proven true.

But I am not just all of a sudden going to believe what the Daily Record and Jim Traynor tell me just because its Hibs.

Yeah, that's a fair enough comment. I think some people on here and in the media are getting carried away wanting to report on hospitalisations and the like. For example a Derby player the other night was being squared up to and shoved by Hull fans the other night.

Think it's only right that Hibs and Rangers both get fined, Hibs have to pay for the damages (goalpost/turf etc.) and lifetime bans for anybody who threw a punch on either side.

Double.

v

v

v

v

I don't anybody East of Glasgow believes anything that pair write. This latest catalog of deflections only ingrain that belief.

Yeah, that's a fair enough comment. I think some people on here and in the media are getting carried away wanting to report on hospitalisations and the like. For example a Derby player the other night was being squared up to and shoved by Hull fans the other night.

Think it's only right that Hibs and Rangers both get fined, Hibs have to pay for the damages (goalpost/turf etc.) and lifetime bans for anybody who threw a punch on either side.

Agreed mate. Yes.

Even fans squaring up to Rangers players without hitting them is totally out of order though and needs stamped down on completely by the SFA.

But Rangers have gone from 6 players being assaulted, to no Rangers player or official left the pitch without being assaulted. If nobody smells utter bullshit in this then more fool them.

ILoveYouRudi

Agreed mate. Yes.

Even fans squaring up to Rangers players without hitting them is totally out of order though and needs stamped down on completely by the SFA.

But Rangers have gone from 6 players being assaulted, to no Rangers player or official left the pitch without being assaulted. If nobody smells utter bullshit in this then more fool them.

Exactly, otherwise where does it stop? And while I kind of understand Hibs fans running on the pitch in celebration, it was so obvious that it was going to be ruined by the knuckle draggers in their support. Where's the cut-off point anyway? Dundee haven't won the Cup since 1910, suppose they win it next year? Is it fair game that they can run on too? SFA needs to send out a message here, and it's even sweeter that Hibs will be feeling the wrath of it.

I particularly like the bit about their fans being severely provoked. Grown men not able to control their urge to run onto a football pitch with the sole intention of hitting someone.

Getintaethem

The only redeeming factor in the Hibs cup win has been the tears and spotters from the journalists, executives and supporters of Newco FC.

Not condoning the Hibs fans actions in anyway, they behaved as they normally do, with no class and moronic behaviour. They deserve to be punished.

However I do find the over the top, tear stained reaction of those involved with Newco mildly amusing.

noidletalk81

Any thoughts on the footage you've been shown?

Wes Foderingham is not 'attacked', he receives a mere shove to the shoulder. Is it acceptable for any fan to do so? Clearly not but there is nothing in it.

Any adult claiming that is an 'attack' wants to just give up following the game now...and we wonder why Rugby as a sport brands Football as a game and its followers woman??

ILoveYouRudi

Wes Foderingham is not 'attacked', he receives a mere shove to the shoulder. Is it acceptable for any fan to do so? Clearly not but there is nothing in it.

Any adult claiming that is an 'attack' wants to just give up following the game now...and we wonder why Rugby as a sport brands Football as a game and its followers woman??

Come off it, I know that other people have been overreacting but the bottom line is call it what you want it's enough to throw the book at Hibs.

Ron Burgundy

Did Neil Lennon get attacked at Tynecastle in your opinion.

Given there was no contact I take it he wasn't.

Toxteth O'Grady

Rangers are in the right here no matter what we think of their fans

None of them are in the right. Rangers fans set off smoke flares, sang sectarian songs and took the bait when taunted by Hibs thugs

noidletalk81

Not an 'attack' for me Ron, he did make contact with Lennon though...rather strange why you would suggest otherwise.

I found the subsequent chant by a healthy proportion of our so-called 'support' wishing to be "Up to our knees in fenian blood" more disturbing than the Lennon incident actually.

None of them are in the right. Rangers fans set off smoke flares, sang sectarian songs and took the bait when taunted by Hibs thugs

In a nutshell.

I particularly like the bit about their fans being severely provoked. Grown men not able to control their urge to run onto a football pitch with the sole intention of hitting someone.

Did Hibs fans run to there end with sole intention of start a fight?

or you too blinkered ?

So if someone runs up to me in the street, stands in my face, shouts come on then and hits some of my mates am I just expected to stand there and say no bother pal, will let the authorities deal with you next week? What a load of nonsense. Hibs completely 100% to blame for this. Arseholes. WHat kind of a reptile has so much anger and aggression at what is meant to be a happy jovial moment. My Hun supporting mate said it was worse being there than it was on TV. I also know of one young supporter who never wants to go back. Hope they chuck the book at the classless filth

Funny thing but if one set of fans run onto the pitch making pathetic gestures and the other set of fans stay in their seats, neither has to meet. Your analogy is flawed and simply a specious attempt to deflect blame from Rangers fans.

Hibs are scum, no question. And they instigated the trouble on Saturday, again no question. But you can't fight with an opponent who isn't there.

Rangers, and their apologists, will need a ladder 20 miles long if they think this incident will allow them to clamber upon the moral high horse!

Did Hibs fans run to there end with sole intention of start a fight?

or you too blinkered ?

They didn't run into the stands now did they?

upgotheheads

Can't stand either off them but I think that's a great statement from Rangers tbh

Nah!   It was just a load of self pitying bollocks from a bunch of hypocrites who have forgotten their own illustrious history of sectairianism, violence and bigotry.

Barcelona? Manchester? Any number of nasty episodes visited on Scottish and European football clubs?

alwaysthereinspirit

Surely when Rangers DIED and reincarnated as ZOMBIE SEVCO they then have a clean slate, no? Or is that reserved for when it suits people?

You and your ilk on here are the ones who keep saying that their the same. you cant have your cake and eat it too.

noidletalk81

Nah!   It was just a load of self pitying bollocks from a bunch of hypocrites who have forgotten their own illustrious history of sectairianism, violence and bigotry.

Barcelona? Manchester? Any number of nasty episodes visited on Scottish and European football clubs?

You forgot Pamplona

You and your ilk on here are the ones who keep saying that their the same. you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Think you missed the point.

Not condoning in any way, but most Hibs fans went on to celebrate with a significant number to goad, some to pavement dance and some to cause bother and assualt.  Even some of those that will have got caught up in physical acts probably didn't intend to.

The majority of Rangers fans that went on, although significantly less in number, would have been to engage in contact and / or at very least pavement dance.  Any talk of protecting players or for own safety is barely believable.  The vast majority of Rangers fans from a 'violence'  perspective showed basic common decency.  Song book a different matter.

In the aftermath however, the officials of both clubs have lacked any class.  As a minimum Petrie should have apologised for his initial remarks being so off the mark. 

The less said of that chronic statement from Rangers the better.  Not written by Traynor, I have a feeling who, but signed off by him.

David Murray once said 'Whatever Rangers do, it will be the right thing'  but if you have standards are lower than a snakes belly, that's not difficult.

article-2037334-0DA6C68300000578-733_468

Pictures clearly doctored by Celtic-loving media.  Victims.

The Treasurer

On the subject of players being attacked, can anyone remember what (if any) punishment sellik got when Strachan was attacked at parkhead, when playing for the sheep ?

Archived