The Rangers post-cup sideshow

Jammy T

Surely when Rangers DIED and reincarnated as ZOMBIE SEVCO they then have a clean slate, no? Or is that reserved for when it suits people?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the way this is solved is both clubs saying:

"The scenes on Saturday were unfortunate. We will now begin the process of investigating who the fans engaged in the violence on the pitch were and begin internal disciplinary procedures against these fans with the assistance of the stewards and Police Scoltand."

If both Rangers and Hibs said this then the issue is solved. End of. Move on.

The statement included here is nothing but a Vladimir Romanov-esque rant with usual arrogance, victim hood and petulance you'd expect from either of he Old Firm clubs.

The solution here is easier to see and achieve than all this white noise and the corresponding blame game.

Surely when Rangers DIED and reincarnated as ZOMBIE SEVCO they then have a clean slate, no? Or is that reserved for when it suits people?

What has that got to do with it? Even if you adopt the latter "Zombie" stuff it is a club populated with the same fans, a similar board and maintains the attitudes of the club that preceded it. If the former, same old same old.

Either way, that has little relevance to this debate.

Bowmans_Boot

100% this. Dont you get it?? 

Bowmans_Boot

Surely the way this is solved is both clubs saying:

"The scenes on Saturday were unfortunate. We will now begin the process of investigating who the fans engaged in the violence on the pitch were and begin internal disciplinary procedures against these fans with the assistance of the stewards and Police Scoltand."

If both Rangers and Hibs said this then the issue is solved. End of. Move on.

The statement included here is nothing but a Vladimir Romanov-esque rant with usual arrogance, victim hood and petulance you'd expect from either of he Old Firm clubs.

The solution here is easier to see and achieve than all this white noise and the corresponding blame game.

That would be fine if both sets of fans were equally to blame, or if there were some doubt about it. There isn't any doubt - as much as it doesn't suit the apologists agenda, Hibs fans were entirely to blame.

How many Hibs players or officials have complained about being attacked, spat upon, verbally abused or anything at all? 

Lee_Mellon

It's a different club. It's the same fanbase.

That would be fine if both sets of fans were equally to blame, or if there were some doubt about it. There isn't any doubt - as much as it doesn't suit the apologists agenda, Hibs fans were entirely to blame.

How many Hibs players or officials have complained about being attacked, spat upon, verbally abused or anything at all?

As much as I despise the Govan orcs Hibenian's fans are by far and away to blame for yesterday's incidents. Many hundreds if not a couple of thousand of them went from one end of the ground to the other to incite and provoke the Rangers crowd. Only then did any Rangers fans go onto the track and come onto the pitch. Those individuals should also be punished but to say anything other than it was Hibs support who caused this is complete nonsense. I'm amazed that more Rangers fans didn't respond to be honest.

Yes - The Hibs fans are the instigators of all that occurred yesterday. But that statement from Sevco ....  :cornette:

Particularly loved that line re: the Sevconians fighting with the inbreds only "in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them."  Yeah - that's why they all kicked off mate. Oh ma sides :gok:

And then ... what the hell has the First Minister got to do with it? What convoluted pash was that? In any case - it wan't just the FM who tweeted their congratulations to Hibs. Funny how they're not having a go at Davey-boy?
CjFQ_8oW0AAEeAW.jpg

Bowmans_Boot

As much as I despise the Govan orcs Hibenian's fans are by far and away to blame for yesterday's incidents. Many hundreds if not a couple of thousand of them went from one end of the ground to the other to incite and provoke the Rangers crowd. Only then did any Rangers fans go onto the track and come onto the pitch. Those individuals should also be punished but to say anything other than it was Hibs support who caused this is complete nonsense. I'm amazed that more Rangers fans didn't respond to be honest.

Exactly. Yet some Hearts fans/Hibs apologists wish to make it unclear and 50/50 as to who was to blame. It wasn't: Hibs were to blame. 

The other side of this is that it is a pretty dark day for Scottish football: we made headlines for all the wrong reasons, our game is looked down upon and the prospect of being able to drink in the stadiums again has been put back at least a couple of decades. All of this and some Hibs apologists laugh at it and find it comical. 

Bowmans_Boot

Yes - The Hibs fans are the instigators of all that occurred yesterday. But that statement from Sevco ....  :cornette:

Particularly loved that line re: the Sevconians fighting with the inbreds only "in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them."  Yeah - that's why they all kicked off mate. Oh ma sides :gok:

And then ... what the hell has the First Minister got to do with it? What convoluted pash was that? In any case - it wan't just the FM who tweeted their congratulations to Hibs. Funny how they're not having a go at Davey-boy?

CjFQ_8oW0AAEeAW.jpg

Yes. it was such a funny incident, wasn't it? Brilliant.  Imagine the kids who witnessed that - young supporters of both sides - and yet you find it funny? **** me. 

I loved the whole thing about how Rangers were livid about hibs not taking responsibility for their fans. That's a hoot. They're the last club to ever acknowledge their own problems, even Manchester was down to "Chelsea fans in Rangers taps". Gies peace. I did think it was a bit off that neither hibs or SFA had been in touch but I still struggle to sympathise.

I didn't see them condemning their own fans when they attacked Hearts fans at Ibrox last season or any other time they've been in bother. I also noted the absence of any comment on the very loud and very clear "up to our knees" nonsense they had going on. I just can't be doing with Rangers trying to take any sort of moral high ground when they're so completely averse to ever acknowledging their own problems.

Hibs and Rangers both came out of this looking scaffy and undignified, in short. Chances of anything happening is slim to non-existent though.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching both of them make complete twats of themselves. [emoji4]

Bowmans_Boot

I loved the whole thing about how Rangers were livid about hibs not taking responsibility for their fans. That's a hoot. They're the last club to ever acknowledge their own problems, even Manchester was down to "Chelsea fans in Rangers taps". Gies peace. I did think it was a bit off that neither hibs or SFA had been in touch but I still struggle to sympathise.

I didn't see them condemning their own fans when they attacked Hearts fans at Ibrox last season or any other time they've been in bother. I also noted the absence of any comment on the very loud and very clear "up to our knees" nonsense they had going on. I just can't be doing with Rangers trying to take any sort of moral high ground when they're so completely averse to ever acknowledging their own problems.

Hibs and Rangers both came out of this looking scaffy and undignified, in short. Chances of anything happening is slim to non-existent though.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching both of them make complete twats of themselves. [emoji4]

Their players/officials were apparently attacked, verbally abused and spat upon. That same group of players/officials contains guys who gave their utmost for us, who were superb for us, one of whom was absolutely instrumental in winning us the SC in 1998 and you are "thoroughly enjoying" what happened??  Really? Words absolutely fail me. 

Yes. it was such a funny incident, wasn't it? Brilliant.  Imagine the kids who witnessed that - young supporters of both sides - and yet you find it funny? **** me. 

eh? Where did I say it was a funny incident? Think you had better read more carefully - especially at what I was actually laughing at.

Their players/officials were apparently attacked, verbally abused and spat upon. That same group of players/officials contains guys who gave their utmost for us, who were superb for us, one of whom was absolutely instrumental in winning us the SC in 1998 and you are "thoroughly enjoying" what happened?? Really? Words absolutely fail me.

Of course I don't condone violence, and I certainly didn't enjoy the news of players being attacked, regardless of whether or not they ever played for us. That stuff is despicable.

I'm enjoying the undignified scrap for the moral high ground when neither club is really in a position to take it.

Bowmans_Boot

eh? Where did I say it was a funny incident? Think you had better read more carefully - especially at what I was actually laughing at.

The tone of your post was jovial and your use of smilies suggested some kind of comical element. 

Bowmans_Boot

Of course I don't condone violence, and I certainly didn't enjoy the news of players being attacked, regardless of whether or not they ever played for us. That stuff is despicable.

I'm enjoying the undignified scrap for the moral high ground when neither club is really in a position to take it.

That isn't really what you said, though, is it. 

I received a warning once for allegedly saying that I wouldn't mind if someone who was trying to scupper the FOH deal was "told what would happen to him". I would consider laughing at Davie Weir being attacked by Hibs fans a million times worse than that. 

If I get another warning for this post, fair enough. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Their players/officials were apparently attacked, verbally abused and spat upon. That same group of players/officials contains guys who gave their utmost for us, who were superb for us, one of whom was absolutely instrumental in winning us the SC in 1998 and you are "thoroughly enjoying" what happened??  Really? Words absolutely fail me. 

TBH, I'm more enjoying you making a twat of yourself (yet again), long may it continue Bowman baby!

The tone of your post was jovial and your use of smilies suggested some kind of comical element. 

Yeah - I was taling about that statement from Sevco, and the complete zoomery it contained. Highly comical. So, of course my post was jovial.

Bowmans_Boot

TBH, I'm more enjoying you making a **** of yourself (yet again), long may it continue Bowman baby!

Honest as always :)  Even if it isn't popular, I will give my honest view. I have no idea who you are, btw, I take it you post in The Shed a lot!! 

That isn't really what you said, though, is it.

I received a warning once for allegedly saying that I wouldn't mind if someone who was trying to scupper the FOH deal was "told what would happen to him". I would consider laughing at Davie Weir being attacked by Hibs fans a million times worse than that.

If I get another warning for this post, fair enough.

I have no idea what you're on about but I think it's very clear what I meant, and I even clarified it for your benefit in my last post. Don't like my opinion? Fine. But don't try to twist it into something it isn't. You and I both know perfectly well that I'm not suggesting I'm entertained by violence.

Debate the point I actually made, not the one you hoped I'd make.

Bowmans_Boot

I have no idea what you're on about but I think it's very clear what I meant, and I even clarified it for your benefit in my last post. Don't like my opinion? Fine. But don't try to twist it into something it isn't. You and I both know perfectly well that I'm not suggesting I'm entertained by violence.

Debate the point I actually made, not the one you hoped I'd make.

I am debating the point you made: that you are thoroughly enjoying it all.  This is a serious event in Scottish football, with far reaching consequences and it annoys me that people take pleasure from it. Especially so when some of the people who were attacked/abused are Hearts legends. 

I am debating the point you made: that you are thoroughly enjoying it all. This is a serious event in Scottish football, with far reaching consequences and it annoys me that people take pleasure from it. Especially so when some of the people who were attacked/abused are Hearts legends.

You're having your own debate here, BB. None of this reflects what I said. If that's your thing, you bash on though.

Doctor FinnBarr

Honest as always :)  Even if it isn't popular, I will give my honest view. I have no idea who you are, btw, I take it you post in The Shed a lot!! 

No

Craig Gordons Gloves

That rangers statement is unbelievable childish. Rangers are well aware of how an element of their fan base operates having seen it in the past with Jim Spence amongst others. Now Cosgrove and English will be targeted by that same element.

Their occupation of the victim status would be funny were it not for the fact that their own idiots lap it up and go out on the 'attack'

Can't wait for a vanguard bears statement tbh

That rangers statement is unbelievable childish. Rangers are well aware of how an element of their fan base operates having seen it in the past with Jim Spence amongst others. Now Cosgrove and English will be targeted by that same element.

Their occupation of the victim status would be funny were it not for the fact that their own idiots lap it up and go out on the 'attack'

Can't wait for a vanguard bears statement tbh

I love a Vanguard Bears statement. :laugh:

BRAVEHEART1874

Sevco fans now patitioning hibs to get banned from Europe Jesus please apologise tae them before they get even more hobboesque ffs and where is all the pish sevco players opinions on the game daily sevco? Usually 3 every day :)

J.T.F.Robertson

Sevco are getting worse than Celtic for being victims. No mention from them about the vile songs, flares and why their fans invaded the pitch after a loss. Hibs fans I can understand after 114 years over excitement does take hold, but why invade after a defeat. Personally think it's possible it was Sevco fans who attacked their own players after such an insipid display.

Before casting judgement, I will wait until those videos showing the assaults and those who perpetrated them to be identified before pointing the finger.

Jesus H.

Personally think you're away wi' the mixer.

Both sets of fans ran onto the pitch. Both sets of fans engaged in reprehensible behaviour. Both clubs need to act.

Yes, Hibs started it. But, can you honestly say that Rangers statement does anything but create more difficulties rather than attempting to solve the issues here?

Equally, no mention of attempts to deal with the singing issues of Rangers fans... Again.

Hibs apologists? Really? I don't get the attitude of some here who tacitly defend Rangers and their fans repeatedly on here. Hibs are more to blame than them, but wrongdoing was committed by both here.

Both sets of fans ran onto the pitch. Both sets of fans engaged in reprehensible behaviour. Both clubs need to act.

Yes, Hibs started it. But, can you honestly say that Rangers statement does anything but create more difficulties rather than attempting to solve the issues here?

Equally, no mention of attempts to deal with the singing issues of Rangers fans... Again.

Hibs apologists? Really? I don't get the attitude of some here who tacitly defend Rangers and their fans repeatedly on here. Hibs are more to blame than them, but wrongdoing was committed by both here.

Exactly. Furthermore Rangers always seem to be involved when these things happen....

We_are_the_Hearts

So if someone runs up to me in the street, stands in my face, shouts come on then and hits some of my mates am I just expected to stand there and say no bother pal, will let the authorities deal with you next week? What a load of nonsense. Hibs completely 100% to blame for this. Arseholes. WHat kind of a reptile has so much anger and aggression at what is meant to be a happy jovial moment. My Hun supporting mate said it was worse being there than it was on TV. I also know of one young supporter who never wants to go back. Hope they chuck the book at the classless filth

Darth Sidious

I see Traynor's mouthpiece Keith Jackson is towing the party line and is now all the players and officials were attacked.  No mention of singing, flares or an Sevco official being caught on video kicking out at a Hibs player.  No evidence to back any of it up.  Just trying to mobilise the Orcs.

Hearts_fan

Very good statement from Rangers, Okay they are not totally innocent here but they are right to call out Hibs and Petrie aswell as the media for not acknowledging anything. 

Rangers finds it incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian?s supporters following the violent scenes at the end of yesterday?s Scottish Cup final when Rangers players and members of our backroom staff were physically and verbally assaulted. We have not even had the courtesy of any contact whatsoever from Hibernian to ask after the wellbeing of those who were attacked by their club?s supporters.

There must be a full independent investigation into the shameful scenes at Hampden. Rangers is also at a complete loss to understand why certain individuals have hastily attempted to gloss over the appalling events which unfolded at the end of Saturday?s final.

No matter how many times Hibernian?s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday?s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted. What unfolded on Saturday cannot and must not be put down to exuberance. That is a complete insult to Rangers, our supporters, and those individuals who were intimidated and attacked.

It was clear to most of those who watched in horror that the Scottish FA?s security procedures failed when Hibernian?s fans went over the top in their thousands.  It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers? disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.

We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club?s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.

These fans were allowed to rush, unchecked, towards Rangers supporters at the opposite end of the stadium ? all the while goading and threatening them. This makes it preposterous to suggest Rangers fans were somehow to blame as some commentators appear anxious to do. This thuggish behaviour must be investigated and as many culprits as possible brought to book and formally charged. This is the second time in a year that Rangers fans have had to endure attacks by another club?s supporters.

It must also be said that it was not at all helpful to see leading members of the Scottish Government, including the First Minister whose parish is Govan, passing comment on social media without any attempt to condemn the behaviour of Hibernian?s fans. These failures are unbecoming of our elected representatives.

Certain media outlets have also attempted to distort reality.  In the case of the BBC this is, of course, not news. BBC employees, in particular Stuart Cosgrove, believe Rod Petrie?s comments to be ?balanced? and others speak of a ?minority? of Hibernian supporters. Another, Tom English, who was not even at the match, would prefer the authorities to focus on Rangers fans? reaction. We will not endure this insult.

So, let everyone be clear on one thing ? Rangers demands that players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of other clubs. Rangers fully expects the Scottish FA and Police Scotland to take action to provide our people with a safe environment. When players are unable to accept medals at the end of a final because of fears for their safety and our supporters are alarmed and extremely concerned for the women and children among them, then surely every step must be taken to ensure that this is never repeated.

After decades of sectarian violence and singing, that statement has to be laughed out of town. They do not have a leg to stand on. Even in this cup final, their fans were singing sectarian songs, singing about someone being a fe**** ba*****, and they think they have the right to complain about another club's fans behaviour? Until they end the widespread sectarianism among their own support they have no right to judge others.

Victor Meldrew

There can't be any sensible dispute that the Hibs fans behaved badly. Whether or not it's explicable by reference to 114 years of dismal failure is irrelevant.

I also think Hibs should have been stronger in their condemnation of their fans' behaviour. The statement expressing 'regret' reeks of a club desperate not to alienate its potential season ticket buyers.

However, the Rangers statements are typically arrogant and have reminded me why I hate them so much. To suggest that their (blameless) fans only invaded the pitch to protect players and staff is absurd, and in any event is no justification. For the club to suggest it is shows that they think the rules don't apply to them, something we've all known for ages. If the SFA had any backbone (which it doesn't) they'd be fined for this.

Do you know what? This might just have made me glad that Hibs beat them. I really despise Rangers. 

I've only watched that video taken from the Rangers end. It looks to me, that the Rangers fans that came on the pitch actually stopped it from escalating further.

Yes. it was such a funny incident, wasn't it? Brilliant. Imagine the kids who witnessed that - young supporters of both sides - and yet you find it funny? **** me.

To be fair had no Huns got on the pitch there would have been no fans fighting....

;)

Are the same people moaning about Hibs taking no responsibility for reprimanding their own fans the same people that moaned about Ann when she gave some of our fans a ticking off?

I think you'll find....

Cut The Crap

Rangers and Hibs BOTH embarrassing themselves in public, I see? 

Entertaining.

All roads lead to Gorgie

After decades of sectarian violence and singing, that statement has to be laughed out of town. They do not have a leg to stand on. Even in this cup final, their fans were singing sectarian songs, singing about someone being a fe**** ba*****, and they think they have the right to complain about another club's fans behaviour? Until they end the widespread sectarianism among their own support they have no right to judge others.

Spot on with that. An absolute piece of arrogant head in the sand nonsense that most non Rangers fans will just find funny. " Rangers fans on to protect staff " whilst singing sectarian songs, aye right !

Ron Burgundy

So it's come full circle and now it's rangers fault.

I have more respect for the Leith tramps than for Hearts supporters who are taking the Hibs boaby and pushing their own agendas.

Sorry if this offends , I'm just feel a little over exuberant.

Rangers are correct in that there are a lot of people who should be making statements re the invasion that are not/have been silent.

They should have countered it with having a go at the songs/flares their own fans contributed to the day.

I still think Scottish Football should be happy that for the most part the Rangers fans showed restraint or were unaware that their players were being attacked.

Nothing wrong with Rangers asking questions tbh as long as they realise questions need to be answered by them.

They might be correct this time, but for 'Rangers' to claim the moral high ground here is laughable. I assume that what happened in Manchester a few years back was caused by the fans of an entirely different team, then? (They have been allowed to choose when they are an old club and when they are a new, so this should be a given)

So it's come full circle and now it's rangers fault.

I have more respect for the Leith tramps than for Hearts supporters who are taking the Hibs boaby and pushing their own agendas.

Sorry if this offends , I'm just feel a little over exuberant.

Likewise, what a sad bunch we have in our support, there's probably more excuses and finger pointing away from those in the wrong on here than on the hibs forum. Utterly pathetic little men.

Maybe just as well the Hobos have another season in the Championship. Hopefully they are not drawn against each other in any of the cup games next season as it could be rather tasty if not on the pitch then certainly before and or after.

ToadKiller Dog

I feel the Orcs are over egging it a bit in that statement .

They gave fair questions in that which do deserve answered and they have the right and expect their places not to face physical violence at their workplace .

It does have a sense of paranoia about it.

I expect they will push hard for Hibs to be punted out of Europe and of course them in Hibs place .

Orcs have lost money and potential signings by not making Europe .

The Cynic in me thinks that anyway .

Hibs fans only have themselves to blame what ever fate they end up with , stories of them smashing up stuff and fighting even when back home .

I expect Hibs will get a strong punishment but short of kicked out of Europe ,but in the world of Scottish football who knows .

A lot of rangers pundits will be pushing Hibs out of Europe line strongly in the media

beijingandrew

I am very surprised that so few Rangers fans reacted given their behaviour in previous matches. For me Hibs have now overtaken Sevco as Scotland's scumiest team.

Are the same people moaning about Hibs taking no responsibility for reprimanding their own fans the same people that moaned about Ann when she gave some of our fans a ticking off?

I think you'll find....

correct

Archived