Neilson must deliver next season

JamboJohn1874

Just another clueless comment from someone who knows nothing about football.

Flatter us with your knowledge wise one. With the 3rd largest salary bill in the league, who were you AMAZED that we managed to finish above this season?

Rather than a smart response. Genuinely name me one team.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bowmans_Boot

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

I admit to being in a bit of pain with Hibs success. But feel this season Neilson can only be remembered for folding at Tynie against them then a ridiculous and nervous non performance at ER.

Finishing 3rd in an atrocious league? Met expectations and no more.

Flatter us with your knowledge wise one. With the 3rd largest salary bill in the league, who were you AMAZED that we managed to finish above this season?

Rather than a smart response. Genuinely name me one team.

You know something mate?

You've been on here less than I've been on Samantha Fox and, you're patter is Lillian Gish.

You've got your cup so have a good nights sleep.

That's a good pitch invader.

We had a squad easily capable of top 3 this season and ended it in an unacceptable manner with 2 wins in 8.

We must keep improving as part of the plan. If Rangers remain relatively broke, we only have to surpass a good Aberdeen side to get top two. You must always aim high or you will never have challenged.

That Rangers side yesterday will be the bulk of what we see next season, so there is absolutely no reason to worry about it. Please lets not start making excuses for Neilson before the season has even started.

Anti-football is not our way so Neilson must get it right quickly.

And we finished in the top 3 so could you make your point?

Another anti-Hearts anti-Neilson post and you contradict your own argument in the first line. What will it be next season? Hearts win the League Cup and finish runners up in the League and the Scottish Cup......Neilson must go says JamboJohn coz we only won one thing so I'm going to start another thread and get some mates to come on and agree with me so I can look like I know what I'm talking about.

You know something mate?

You've been on here less than I've been on Samantha Fox and, you're patter is Lillian Gish.

You've got your cup so have a good nights sleep.

That's a good pitch invader.

Less than you've been on Sam Fox? Lillian Gish? Oh man. Your own patter is brilliant. Any chance we can swap numbers? Can only imagine a night out with you in tow....Zzzz

I'm hitting refresh for more. Please. iDck

Lillian Gish. Just phoning my pals with that one. Hope they're up.

Dallas Cowboys

I love how you're not allowed to criticize RN on here.

Fact is he is a major reason the vermin won yesterday with his awful tactics and tinkering.

Any feel good factor at the club is now destroyed and they better realize this and make amends quick sharp.

Fact is he is a major reason the vermin won yesterday with his awful tactics and tinkering.

Any feel good factor at the club is now destroyed and they better realize this and make amends quick sharp.

This

There's more chance of Hibs retaining the Scottish Cup than Hearts winning the SPL. That's how unlikely it is.

With the correct attitude, desire and a number of good signings (first choice players not squad) we should be capable of doing far better than we have been in cups ourself.

davemclaren

Your last sentence is very wrong imo.

Yes, there has been absolutely no criticism of Neilson on here. An excellent spot.

Pistol1874

Happy to trust AB, CL and RN, however despite going in earlier than them, going out of Europe before Hibs would be extremely disappointing. Let's hope that doesn't come to pass.

Bowmans_Boot

Yes, there has been absolutely no criticism of Neilson on here. An excellent spot.

To be fair, any criticism is quickly shot down, no? There appears to be a feeling that you are either with Robbie 100% or part of the "Rhobbie Oot" brigade. I would be somewhere in between those two camps, albeit closer to the latter after the cup games. 

Bowmans_Boot

It does have some substance, though. Our claims of this being such a wonderful, fantastic, amazing season are somewhat scuppered by Hibs winning the Cup, there cant really be much doubt about that.

Also, for fans who live in Edinburgh, having bragging rights over your rivals is important - Hibs have all of these at present. 

davemclaren

It does have some substance, though. Our claims of this being such a wonderful, fantastic, amazing season are somewhat scuppered by Hibs winning the Cup, there cant really be much doubt about that.

Also, for fans who live in Edinburgh, having bragging rights over your rivals is important - Hibs have all of these at present.

Apart from the fact that they are a second tier club.

To be fair, any criticism is quickly shot down, no? There appears to be a feeling that you are either with Robbie 100% or part of the "Rhobbie Oot" brigade. I would be somewhere in between those two camps, albeit closer to the latter after the cup games.

There is loads of criticism. Given how ridiculous a lot of it is, there's an over defensive element who won't accept any.

He's done plenty right, a fair amount wrong but you're right that there is polarisation in the support at the two extremes.

For me he's not had much luck in the cups but then he's not really earned it either.

Bowmans_Boot

Apart from the fact that they are a second tier club.

For next season, yes. Unless we win the Cup next season then they have that (pretty ****ing massive) bragging right over us. Plus they put us out. Plus they outplay us in every game we play.

I wont be shouting "second tier club, you losers!!!!" too loudly. 

Dallas Cowboys

I don't think so. This season, if your being honest, hasn't been that good. That coupled with yesterday's result and our direct involvement has definitely put a cloud over the club.

They have to make sure the summer recruit is spot on and our football is vastly improved.

As of now, I'm deeply unhappy.

Bowmans_Boot

There is loads of criticism. Given how ridiculous a lot of it is, there's an over defensive element who won't accept any.

He's done plenty right, a fair amount wrong but you're right that there is polarisation in the support at the two extremes.

For me he's not had much luck in the cups but then he's not really earned it either.

I 100% agree that some of the criticism is way too much, but a lot of the defending of him is, too. 

He has earned absolutely 0% luck in the cups and his attitude at throwing away the biggest game of the season lost him a lot of respect and goodwill from the fans. I can accept losing at times, I absolutely cannot accept that making money is of some comfort after throwing away games.  I am not 100% sure that he gets it, which surprises me, given that he played in teams who appeared to not accept losing to Hibs. 

davemclaren

For next season, yes. Unless we win the Cup next season then they have that (pretty ****ing massive) bragging right over us. Plus they put us out. Plus they outplay us in every game we play.

Perhaps i'm just not as sensitive as you then. I've seen my club win the Scottish Cup 3 times which is a decent return in under 20 years. We aren't likely to play them when they are cup holders...unless they manage to retain it.

Dallas Cowboys

Yup, exactly my point. Not sure why he's so protected by the masses.

I'm in the same camp as you, although my patience with RN I'd almost at an end.

socrates82

They've beaten us 3 times in the last 3 seasons. They'll have to do a lot better than that and one cup every 114 years to earn bragging rights.

davemclaren

I don't think so. This season, if your being honest, hasn't been that good. That coupled with yesterday's result and our direct involvement has definitely put a cloud over the club.

They have to make sure the summer recruit is spot on and our football is vastly improved.

As of now, I'm deeply unhappy.

I am being honest and I think it was a very decent first season back in the top tier. I'm pretty happy with it overall and looking forward to next season.

As long as we get top 6 i'm not bothered about any cup runs or that, more than happy with top 6 so anything else is a bonus, steady building up to winning the title in 25 years.

Bowmans_Boot

Perhaps i'm just not as sensitive as you then. I've seen my club win the Scottish Cup 3 times which is a decent return in under 20 years. We aren't likely to play them when they are cup holders...unless they manage to retain it.

I actually think this attitude (and the constant 5-1 references) has softened our support quite a bit. We appear almost happy, or not that bothered about losing because we have seen our club win the cup three times and hammer Hibs in one of the finals. We wont achieve anything at all in the future if we live in the past. We should be fighting to have new wonderful memories, not living on games from years ago. 

Bowmans_Boot

As long as we get top 6 i'm not bothered about any cup runs or that, more than happy with top 6 so anything else is a bonus, steady building up to winning the title in 25 years.

The odd money spinning replay must be a priority, as well, no? 

Dallas Cowboys

I am being honest and I think it was a very decent first season back in the top tier. I'm pretty happy with it overall and looking forward to next season.

I'm a little worried about next season tbh, it has to be a marked improvement that's for sure.

davemclaren

I actually think this attitude (and the constant 5-1 references) has softened our support quite a bit. We appear almost happy, or not that bothered about losing because we have seen our club win the cup three times and hammer Hibs in one of the finals. We wont achieve anything at all in the future if we live in the past. We should be fighting to have new wonderful memories, not living on games from years ago.

By the same argument you shouldn't focus on yesterday's game. Hibs were always going to win the cup at some point. Me getting angry about it isn't going to make Hearts play better next season.

The odd money spinning replay must be a priority, as well, no?

Aw **** aye. Hope we get hibs again. All dat cash man!!

davemclaren

I'm a little worried about next season tbh, it has to be a marked improvement that's for sure.

It would be interesting to know what targets the board has set RN for next season. I doubt it will be 'win a trophy or you are out' which is what some folk seem to think it should be.

Dallas Cowboys

It would be interesting to know what targets the board has set RN for next season. I doubt it will be 'win a trophy or you are out' which is what some folk seem to think it should be.

I definitely think there has to be big improvements on the cup front, especially now. More than that though is the footballing side, we just can't play as we did for the majority of this season again.

socrates82

Says the man still going on about Hibs putting us out of the cup last season.

I wouldn't want to draw Hibs in either cup competition with Neilson in charge. Seems to get it wrong far too often. As for the league we will be doing well to get top 3 and can hopefully play some more entertaining football.

The aim should be to make the best challenge possible in every trophy. Winning cups depends on a lot of factors but paying your best football doesn't. If we draw Celtic away twice the likelihood is we lose twice, but we should certainly be taking care of Hibs at home if we draw them.

Better managers than Robbie have delivered no trophies so it's hardly as if it should be make or break after 3 cups in 54 years.

Bowmans_Boot

Says the man still going on about Hibs putting us out of the cup last season.

That is pretty recent history.  Technically it is still this season. 

Bowmans_Boot

By the same argument you shouldn't focus on yesterday's game. Hibs were always going to win the cup at some point. Me getting angry about it isn't going to make Hearts play better next season.

That isn't really what I meant. I had a fair few Hearts supporting mates who said to me before yesterday, "If they win then Ill just give them the 5-1" - in many ways this stops us from moving forward as it is our comfort blanket. 

socrates82

That is pretty recent history.  Technically it is still this season. 

This season is very much done and dusted! Anyhow, living in the past is what football fans do - our club song for example. We're very lucky to support a club that has had so much relative success over the last few years, including in derbies. Nothing wrong at all with enjoying that and also looking forward to future success. Getting all arrogant and "expecting" second or third place or whatever is very Old Firm though to me.

Bowmans_Boot

This season is very much done and dusted! Anyhow, living in the past is what football fans do - our club song for example. We're very lucky to support a club that has had so much relative success over the last few years, including in derbies. Nothing wrong at all with enjoying that and also looking forward to future success. Getting all arrogant and "expecting" second or third place or whatever is very Old Firm though to me.

I agree that there is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating past victories and achievements, but not when they become a comfort blanket for failure.

Rather than being arrogant, accepting mediocracy, mid-table and cup failures is very small club thinking to me and I do not see us as a small club. If we have a five year plan to win the league then clearly we do not see ourselves as a small club, either. 

I reckon his target next year is to reach the play-off round in Europe. Money spinner with a televised game against seeded opposition. Aim for third in the league by any means possible and attempt to get to a semi-final of the League or Scottish Cup.

I don't want to see Robbie sacked, but he does need to improve. This year has been excellent in achieving third. But we've been poor to watch and we could have done more in the cups and in chasing second. Another season and then Hearts need to evaluate his progress. Plenty of time in that period to build a Neilson team.

Bolder and more enjoyable football and a day out to Hampden for me. We need to focus more on cups because we will not win that League for sometime yet,

Lee_Mellon

That isn't really what I meant. I had a fair few Hearts supporting mates who said to me before yesterday, "If they win then Ill just give them the 5-1" - in many ways this stops us from moving forward as it is our comfort blanket.

A comfort blanket for fans, maybe - and probably the best comfort blanket there's ever been - but I don't think the current management or players see it as such.

Robbie's team talk before the cup game: Just go out there and do your best, lads. No big deal if we get beat, we've always got the 5-1 comfort blanket.

Nah, don't think so.

This has a bit of a believing the hibs hype and shiteing it from them tone. We haven't played that badly against them and won't have to for a good while bar drawing them in the cup next year which is probably inevitable.

Bowmans_Boot

A comfort blanket for fans, maybe - and probably the best comfort blanket there's ever been - but I don't think the current management or players see it as such.

Robbie's team talk before the cup game: Just go out there and do your best, lads. No big deal if we get beat, we've always got the 5-1 comfort blanket.

Nah, don't think so.

Whatever his team talk is before derbies it doesn't work and he needs to get a new one.

Bowmans_Boot

This has a bit of a believing the hibs hype and shiteing it from them tone. We haven't played that badly against them and won't have to for a good while bar drawing them in the cup next year which is probably inevitable.

When did we play well against them? If we draw them in the cup next season will you be confident? If you will be, why?

socrates82

I agree that there is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating past victories and achievements, but not when they become a comfort blanket for failure.

Rather than being arrogant, accepting mediocracy, mid-table and cup failures is very small club thinking to me and I do not see us as a small club. If we have a five year plan to win the league then clearly we do not see ourselves as a small club, either. 

We're not mid table though. And cup failures are much more common than wins - which is why cup wins are so enjoyable. How often do you think a club with our resources compared to one or two other clubs in the league should be winning the cup and league?

socrates82

When did we play well against them? If we draw them in the cup next season will you be confident? If you will be, why?

If we beat them we played well against them.

Other than a few minutes here and there we haven't played well against Hibs since Gary Locke was in charge. Kind of galling!

Bowmans_Boot

We're not mid table though. And cup failures are much more common than wins - which is why cup wins are so enjoyable. How often do you think a club with our resources compared to one or two other clubs in the league should be winning the cup and league?

We aren't mid table this season, given how we have performed since January I am not overly confident about next and would predict upper-mid table.

Given the resources that Celtic have, and Rangers probably will have, barring a Leicester-like performance then I don't expect us to win the league, and I don't think we will while the OF are in Scotland. The cups? With the proper management, focus, drive and desire then one every three or four years should be achievable. I wouldn't give that 3/4 years as a benchmark of success/failure, though, just a guide.

Bowmans_Boot

If we beat them we played well against them.

So really not that often recently. Brilliant.