Neilson must deliver next season

JamboJohn1874

JamboJohn1874

With Rangers broke and not having European football next season, we had better not see any inferiority complex or big game bottling it from Neilson against them next season.

I personally have no more patience for all this inexperience, tinkering, bottling it, worrying about opposition or over thinking games.

Neilson contributed to Hibs ending their cup drought this week and has now increased pressure on himself to deliver something next season.

If he survives the first 10 games, I am now expecting a top 2 finish and at least one final next season. We must continue to progress as part of the 5 year plan, especially while Rangers are still money challenged.

Big game mentality and away games have been lacking with Neilson and he must step up to the plate next season.

Edited by JamboJohn1874

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bowmans_Boot

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Michael_Jackson

I agree that he does.

Let's hope this thread doesn't get censored.

Edited by Michael_Jackson

Jambof3tornado

Lets see how financially challenged sevco are before deciding we should romp to top 2.

You get exactly what you deserve over the course of a season.

It will be interesting to hear what Robbies target levels are set at by his employers.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Oh goody, a hole summer of these piss poor Shite troll threads to bore the tits off us.

The Real Maroonblood

With Rangers broke and not having European football next season, we had better not see any inferiority complex or big game bottling it from Neilson against them next season.

I personally have no more patience for all this inexperience, tinkering, bottling it, worrying about opposition or over thinking games.

Neilson contributed to Hibs ending their cup drought this week and has now increased pressure on himself to deliver something next season.

If he survives the first 10 games, I am now expecting a top 2 finish and at least one final next season. We must continue to progress as part of the 5 year plan, especially while Rangers are still money challenged.

Big game mentality and away games have been lacking with Neilson and he must step up to the plate next season.

If he doesn't we're doomed.

Oh goody, a hole summer of these piss poor Shite troll threads to bore the tits off us.

Why comment on it then? :lol:

What are you gonna whinge about if he does "deliver" ? Like he delivered the Championship title and European football both at the first time of asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst I disagree with sacking him 10 games in if we're not 2nd or higher, it's undeniable that the pressure is on for Neilson to deliver a trophy next year.

Hibs finally winning the cup but staying in the championship has zero impact on our expectations for next season.

davemclaren

How often have Hearts finished top 2 and reached a cup final in the last 120 years? Not many I hazard. I think you need a wee reality check mate.

JamboJohn1874

Lets see how financially challenged sevco are before deciding we should romp to top 2.

You get exactly what you deserve over the course of a season.

It will be interesting to hear what Robbies target levels are set at by his employers.

I couldn't care less what targets his employer gives him , it is the supporters who count here and who are doing everything possible to push this club as far as we can.

Push for top 2 and cup runs or Neilson and his anti-football will be history pretty fast.

Michael_Jackson

I cannot speak for the OP. However, just because someone does not agree with your viewpoint does not mean they are trolling.

Robbie has done a fantastic job so far, with that said there are a number of glaring cracks in his tenure thus far including performances against the bigger teams, boring football and tinkering tactics set to nullify the opposition rather than play to our strengths.

davemclaren

I couldn't care less what targets his employer gives him , it is the supporters who count here and who are doing everything possible to push this club as far as we can.

Push for top 2 and cup runs or Neilson and his anti-football will be history pretty fast.

You must have a lot of influence at Tynecastle to make that statement.

GorgieRules22

Neilson has been in charge for two seasons, winning the league and finishing a respectable 3rd and getting Europa league qualification. He has been delivering, give the guy a break !!

It's a gradual process of getting better each year.

Michael_Jackson

How often have Hearts finished top 2 and reached a cup final in the last 120 years? Not many I hazard. I think you need a wee reality check mate.

How often have Raners not been on the top flight and all other teams been so very poor?

I would like the club to focus on winning a cup. Don't care which one. Going to Europe is a nice bonus but I would be happy to give this up for a cup win.

davemclaren

How often have Raners not been on the top flight and all other teams been so very poor?

Poor is a relative term that affects all of Scottish football.

Yawn...another Robbie oot thread ,Mourinho has gone now,who do you have in mind? one that has done Hearts maybe? what about the ex Celtic chap? or your probable fav at our neighbours?

Give the guy his time,

davemclaren

I would like the club to focus on winning a cup. Don't care which one. Going to Europe is a nice bonus but I would be happy to give this up for a cup win.

Would you take relegation to win a cup?

Why do we bother then?

We should be aiming high.

Michael_Jackson

Poor is a relative term that affects all of Scottish football.

Total cop out of a response.

JamboJohn1874

We had a squad easily capable of top 3 this season and ended it in an unacceptable manner with 2 wins in 8.

We must keep improving as part of the plan. If Rangers remain relatively broke, we only have to surpass a good Aberdeen side to get top two. You must always aim high or you will never have challenged.

That Rangers side yesterday will be the bulk of what we see next season, so there is absolutely no reason to worry about it. Please lets not start making excuses for Neilson before the season has even started.

Anti-football is not our way so Neilson must get it right quickly.

Do you still think Peter Houston ahould be our manager after today?

Basic fact. - Robbie Nielson has done exceptionally well since he has taken over at Hearts.

Everyone of us would have thought anyone making claims of running away with the championship was mad, indeed the majority would have quite happily accepted the play offs as success.

To come up and finish 3rd... that is a fantastic achievement. The majority of us would have been happy with any top six position in our first season back.

Better results come from supporting than whinging.

John Findlay

Hibs win the cup and you start posting your anti Neilson shite again. Coincidence? No chance. You a Hearts supporter? As Jim Royal would say. MY ARSE.

All roads lead to Gorgie

There is pressure on Robbie to produce a team that doesn't look tentative in not just big games but run of the mill away games as well. If Robbie does that then we should have a team there or there abouts when it comes to the business end in the cups and league. If there is no pressure on a Hearts manager then we are in no position to challenge for silverware and might as well give up.

davemclaren

Why do we bother then?

Of course we should aim high. But firing our manager if he doesn't get top 2 and reach a cup final would likely get us a new manager most seasons. Expensive contract terminations.

Bunny Munro

Finishing 3rd next season and winning a cup would be progress.

2nd next season and poor in the cups would also be progress.

There is an argument that 3rd next season and poor in the cups would also be progress (staying the same in a harder league).

All I care about is Robbie keeps moving us forward. we should always aim high, but 3rd and a cup final win shouldn't be seen as failure. 

Also the 'tinkering' talk is laughable, of the two managers yesterday, one changed his teams normal game to nullify the opposition, one didn't. Who won?

Anti football eh? Care to elaborate. Played alright until we, understandably sold our best striker. The players left weren't good enough without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do we bother then?

who says we are not aiming high?

Aiming expectation and achievement are all different.

The aim of every game is to win it, win them all you win the league. However I doubt anyone expects to win every game.

Space Mackerel

Hibs win the cup and you start posting your anti Neilson shite again. Coincidence? No chance. You a Hearts supporter? As Jim Royal would say. MY ARSE.

He's got a photo of a season ticket as a profile photo, so he must be :lol:

Tbf you always like a trolling post/thread yourself, pot kettle

Why do we bother then?

Our aim was top 6 and we finished third. That's a good return in my eyes.

As for OP, 10 games before deciding on Neilson's future. To even start this thread it's fairly obvious you don't want him as the manager. Which is daft considering his achievements in two seasons.

RustyRightPeg

Neilson has done a great job thus far. As part of this gradual progress, who's to say a cup isn't the number one priority next season?

Finlay James

In 2 seasons, Neilson has won us a league at the first attempt followed by 3rd in the SPL and European qualification in the next. In our first season back in the SPL, we were second top scorers and had the best defensive record. His only blemish has been the cups but that will come. Let me repeat it back again; Won the league and qualified for Europe in his only two seasons as a head coach.

He has introduced a fitness and conditioning regime that was previously unheard of in Scotland as well as writing an entire coaching structure for the whole club to adopt.

Craig Levein brought Robbie in knowing that he was untried but given his philosophy, persona and intelligence felt that he would hit the ground running. He has. Levein also would have known that with inexperience comes mistakes and learning, something every manager has to go through.

The end of last season was an odd one. We knew that we would not have a proper preseason as we were in the early rounds of Europe hence why formations and tactics were experimented with in the final few meaningless (essentially friendlies) games so as to meet this challenge.

I know that I would have bitten your hand off if I'd been told that the above results would be achieved this early in our post-admin phase and I'm sure most Jambos feel the same. In other words, I think you'll be waiting a while for Robbie to get the sack.

Finishing 3rd next season and winning a cup would be progress.

2nd next season and poor in the cups would also be progress.

There is an argument that 3rd next season and poor in the cups would also be progress (staying the same in a harder league).

All I care about is Robbie keeps moving us forward. we should always aim high, but 3rd and a cup final win shouldn't be seen as failure. 

Also the 'tinkering' talk is laughable, of the two managers yesterday, one changed his teams normal game to nullify the opposition, one didn't. Who won?

I think we need to see the team is motoring, at a minimum. I can understand the first season back up is always about seeing who can cut it and then you tweak the squad accordingly...i suppose that`s what they call progress.

We now put our faith in the judgement of the management staff to add the right character and ability to the squad to move forward, and equally the manager guiding them , we hope, to a stronger, more consistent level.

For me, we need more attitude around the team, we need more resilience and guile in respect of mentality imbedded within the team.

The Real Maroonblood

I hope we are shite next season so that the OP jumps in front of a train.

Fair comment.

queensferryjambo

5 times I think 1905/06, 1958/59, 1959/60, 1985/86 and 2005/06 (happy to be corrected).

Neilson must deliver next season........or JamboJohn1874 will be round to jobby in his kettle.

And most of us have no more patience for your tedious repetitive posts so hopefully Robbie tinkers and worries until you disappear!

davemclaren, on 22 May 2016 - 6:12 PM, said:snapback.png

What does reality check mean? We accept the past and that`s it?

Whats wrong with aspiring to be better? Believing we can be better?