Operation........

skinnybob72

skinnybob72

Police Scotland have said that there will be an investigation into the scenes at the final whistle yesterday and we all know that they love to have a name for any operation that they set up. So what name will they have for this one, the main focus of which will be to identify those who targeted Rangers players?

I'm going for Operation Rat Hunt.

...a bit disco

Operation Stubb It Out

Couldn't really care less tbh.

They've won the Scottish Cup. Deal with it

Whats the latest on SA signing?

Operation "we had to do something for our cash and failed miserably"

Constant clips yesterday of people punching and kicking each other while cops watched and did nothing.

Useless and mostly over weight, sick/light duty trash. #policescotland

Operation Vermin

Police Scotland will move quickly with this, with all the camera footage available there'll be a lot doors getting chapped pretty soon.

CollyWolly

Operation "we had to do something for our cash and failed miserably"

Constant clips yesterday of people punching and kicking each other while cops watched and did nothing.

Useless and mostly over weight, sick/light duty trash. #policescotland

Not sure you've a grasp of modern policing techniques relating to crowd control. The objectives yesterday having seen the stewards overwhelmed and the pitch invaded and violence breaking out all over the place would have been to quell, separate and clear. They can focus on that in the knowledge that there will be hundreds of hours of footage identifying hundreds of culprits they can go and get at a later date.

Mass arrests at the time, simply not possible.

I thought they did a superb job keeping a lid on it and clearing the pitch within 25 minutes of it being invaded by nearly 10,000 people. Could have been much much worse.

You don't see many overweight coppers these days. Most of them are pretty fit young guys.

davemclaren

Operation Cockwomble.

Or

Operation :fth:

Sorry if that is not intelligent enough !

For you it's as intelligent as I would expect. :whistling:

Dave,

I tried to send you a PM but it was blocked.

Vicious but fair :whistling:

davemclaren

Dave,

I tried to send you a PM but it was blocked.

No reason it shouldn't work. Try again.

No reason it shouldn't work. Try again.

Tried again - no joy.

The message reads 'you cannot start another PM topic until 22nd May at 07.08pm'

I will have the last laugh when I send him his invoice.......:wink:

You're an ITK type of guy then?

:whistling:

King Of The Cat Cafe

I hate to let reality get in the way of some great flights of fancy; the names of police operations are generated at random by a computer.

I could be something as humdrum as Operation Humdrum -  if they decide it needs a name at all.

What usually follows events like yesterday's is the creation of a POET - a Public Order Enquiry Team.  Officers will now trawl through hours of CCTV footage and may even seek transmitted (and non-transmitted) footage from the broadcasters.

Police Scotland have said that there will be an investigation into the scenes at the final whistle yesterday and we all know that they love to have a name for any operation that they set up. So what name will they have for this one, the main focus of which will be to identify those who targeted Rangers players?

I'm going for Operation Rat Hunt.

Something that rhymes with hunt.

What usually follows events like yesterday's is the creation of a POET - a Public Order Enquiry Team.  Officers will now trawl through hours of CCTV footage and may even seek transmitted (and non-transmitted) footage from the broadcasters.

Operation Warrior POET?

heartsdaft101

Operation Vermin is the best one.

They'll be looking for about 200 people who are the spitting image of Fat ******* from Austin Powers. That and a further 200 neds who were squaring up to everyone with their arms wide out as if they were wanting to cuddle.

jambogirlglasgow

Not sure you've a grasp of modern policing techniques relating to crowd control. The objectives yesterday having seen the stewards overwhelmed and the pitch invaded and violence breaking out all over the place would have been to quell, separate and clear. They can focus on that in the knowledge that there will be hundreds of hours of footage identifying hundreds of culprits they can go and get at a later date.

Mass arrests at the time, simply not possible.

I thought they did a superb job keeping a lid on it and clearing the pitch within 25 minutes of it being invaded by nearly 10,000 people. Could have been much much worse.

You don't see many overweight coppers these days. Most of them are pretty fit young guys.

Colly Wobble gets it 100% correct again. They wear body cams. They analyse the footage afterwards. Absolute fact.

Archived