mourinho new man u boss

Ferryjambo99

kingantti1874

I just can't see Mourinho giving the likes of Borthwick-Jackson any kind of run in the team. Will be interesting to see if he keeps Rashford around or sends him out on loan, I also won't be surprised if Lingard is frozen out.

A lot of those boys shouldn't be anywhere near a Utd team, lingard could get a game at Derby.. They will get a game if good enough.. But if a myth this one.. Like the boring football line.. His Madrid team were incredible..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gashauskis9

There goes the youth policy. Standard Jose approach, will bring in players and win stuff then run out of ideas and feck off. Doesn't know how to develop teams, only knows how to buy players in.

Should have persevered with LVG, he was trying to emulate the foundations Fergie had laid previously with regards to bringing through the next generation.

There goes the youth policy. Standard Jose approach, will bring in players and win stuff then run out of ideas and feck off. Doesn't know how to develop teams, only knows how to buy players in.

Should have persevered with LVG, he was trying to emulate the foundations Fergie had laid previously with regards to bringing through the next generation.

Did you watch united under lvg? Boring as feck!!!

Struggled to get more than half a dozen shots on goal in a lot of games at old Trafford this season!!

United teams off old would have done that in the first 20 mins of games!!

United are well rid off him, the only ones saying otherwise are people who like seeing United struggle.

kingantti1874

breakdown before christmas.

Ibrahimovich set to sign for them also.. Martial and ibrahimovich up front..

Mourinho will be a bad choice in my opinion. Turned a superb Chelsea side against itself and left Madrid divided as well as Inter in the shit.

No doubting he's a very capable manager with an excellent record. But he won't be there to develop he likes of Rashford, Fossu, Borthwick-Jackson and Lingaard. All will be punted on loan and he will go out and sign as many players as he sees fit.

Another panicked decision by United.

Football goes in spells of dominance down there. Liverpool went from heroes to zeros. Arsenal were once a great team. Chelsea had their spell of dominance. As did United. Perhaps it's time they accept that knee jerk reactions in chasing that dominance back in short term appointments may not be the best bet for them.

kingantti1874

Mourinho will be a bad choice in my opinion. Turned a superb Chelsea side against itself and left Madrid divided as well as Inter in the shit.

No doubting he's a very capable manager with an excellent record. But he won't be there to develop he likes of Rashford, Fossu, Borthwick-Jackson and Lingaard. All will be punted on loan and he will go out and sign as many players as he sees fit.

Another panicked decision by United.

Football goes in spells of dominance down there. Liverpool went from heroes to zeros. Arsenal were once a great team. Chelsea had their spell of dominance. As did United. Perhaps it's time they accept that knee jerk reactions in chasing that dominance back in short term appointments may not be the best bet for them.

What big club are developing their own young players ? It won't work in modern football.. Not very often anyway..

But in inter he's a legend, Rafa ****ed it up, with Madrid he beat arguably the best team of all time to la liga, and they wanted him back as well, he also won Chelsea the title only last season and is statistically the best manager ever to manage in England..

When he went back to Chelsea he had De Bruyne and Lukaku on the books, both were sold because he doesn't trust young players. Doesn't bode well for Rashford etc.

rudi must stay

When he went back to Chelsea he had De Bruyne and Lukaku on the books, both were sold because he doesn't trust young players. Doesn't bode well for Rashford etc.

Rashford and all the young players will have to track back but that's modern day football. I think him not trusting young players is a myth, he relied heavily on the likes of Terry and Lampard at Chelsea when he first arrived, gave Courtios his chance instead of Cech, and seemed to give alot of young players a chance at Real

Jambos1983

Rashford and all the young players will have to track back but that's modern day football. I think him not trusting young players is a myth, he relied heavily on the likes of Terry and Lampard at Chelsea when he first arrived, gave Courtios his chance instead of Cech, and seemed to give alot of young players a chance at Real

If there's a youngster good enough he'll play them as he's shown before. If there's a more experienced player in a better position to play then he'll play them. What top english side wins things with youth these days?

beerbandit

LVG sacked for his style of football according to BBC. Boring, slow tippy tappy rubbish,  no urgency.  Who does that remind  you of?

What big club are developing their own young players ? It won't work in modern football.. Not very often anyway..

But in inter he's a legend, Rafa messed it up, with Madrid he beat arguably the best team of all time to la liga, and they wanted him back as well, he also won Chelsea the title only last season and is statistically the best manager ever to manage in England..

Man United used to develop young players whilst winning stuff. Darren Fletcher, Ronaldo and Rooney were all developed at Man United, the latter signed but were developed in the first team from a young age. Equally, you could look at Smalling for a more recent development.

They should persevere with the likes of Rashford, Borthwick-Jackson and Fossu-Mensa, those guys have stepped into the team at times this year and not looked out of place. If anything, United were better this season with these guys in that team. LVG can be credited a lot with giving youth a chance at Barcelona and that helped build the greatest La Liga side Mourinho beat once to the title.

Mourinho will get a huge transfer budget and sing who ever he likes, money will not be an issue. And United will likely finish top 4 but not title winners. He will stay a few years at best and leave like he has done most of his recent sides, when the team he bought begins to need refreshing. Leaving United right back where they started.

Mourinho is a great manager, of that there's no doubt, but I just do not see him being the right man for United at this stage. A warning of his impact is Chelsea of this year and the stories of division and mistrust at Real Madrid when he left. Not a good move.

Man United used to develop young players whilst winning stuff. Darren Fletcher, Ronaldo and Rooney were all developed at Man United, the latter signed but were developed in the first team from a young age. Equally, you could look at Smalling for a more recent development.

They should persevere with the likes of Rashford, Borthwick-Jackson and Fossu-Mensa, those guys have stepped into the team at times this year and not looked out of place. If anything, United were better this season with these guys in that team. LVG can be credited a lot with giving youth a chance at Barcelona and that helped build the greatest La Liga side Mourinho beat once to the title.

Mourinho will get a huge transfer budget and sing who ever he likes, money will not be an issue. And United will likely finish top 4 but not title winners. He will stay a few years at best and leave like he has done most of his recent sides, when the team he bought begins to need refreshing. Leaving United right back where they started.

Mourinho is a great manager, of that there's no doubt, but I just do not see him being the right man for United at this stage. A warning of his impact is Chelsea of this year and the stories of division and mistrust at Real Madrid when he left. Not a good move.

I think a lot of the mistrust rumours at Madrid are myths. He was a contender to go back after Benitez left, and supposedly was a lot of players preferred option.

The Real Maroonblood

LVG sacked for his style of football according to BBC. Boring, slow tippy tappy rubbish,  no urgency.  Who does that remind  you of?

Stubbs.

Ibrahimovich set to sign for them also.. Martial and ibrahimovich up front..

There's a zlatan "quote" going around with a wee dig at man utd

"Man utd want my services but I told them I don't play Thursdays" (a dig at their failure to get CL football)

Of course said quote could be completely fake but it does sound very zlatan and if true seems to rule any move out.

The Internet

LVG sacked for his style of football according to BBC. Boring, slow tippy tappy rubbish, no urgency. Who does that remind you of?

Hibs.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

LVG sacked for his style of football according to BBC. Boring, slow tippy tappy rubbish, no urgency. Who does that remind you of?

Nielson?

hmfc_liam06

Not forgetting the young players he used while at Porto.

If he does bring in Ibra then it's going to do nothing but help Rashford. What better player to learn from?

Regarding signings, I don't think there's a huge need for a major overhaul. A central midfielder and a centre back are essential, assuming no one leaves then they have plenty options elsewhere.

The Treasurer

All the top EPL clubs will spend silly money this summer, whether they need to or not, just because they can and it's expected/demanded by their glory-hunting "fans"

The Internet
Negotiations over Jose Mourinho's image rights are delaying him becoming the new Manchester United manager.

Is that the most 'modern football ffs' sentence ever?

Edit - oh no wait it gets better

But it has emerged that Chelsea still own the 'Jose Mourinho' name as a trademark - meaning United may need to pay a six-figure sum for the rights.

:lol:

gashauskis9

"Carol Couse told BBC Sport it was "really unusual" for an individual not to own the trademark to their own name"

No shit Sherlock!!!

Image rights :facepalm:

I feckin hate English football

It is not exclusive to England, or football - thou high the owning the name thing is a bit weird.

Not Mourihno if that is what you are suggesting? He doesn't tend to play tippy tappy possession football. Soaks up attacks and plays on the counter. It certainly lacked urgency this season but that is where the similarities end.

Pistol1874

Not Mourihno if that is what you are suggesting? He doesn't tend to play tippy tappy possession football. Soaks up attacks and plays on the counter. It certainly lacked urgency this season but that is where the similarities end.

I think he is taking the opportunity to have a go at our manager.

Cheaper than a plane I suppose.

Is that the most 'modern football ffs' sentence ever?

Edit - oh no wait it gets better

:lol:

:facepalm: this is outrageous! and funny

I should have known..

Turkishcap

Stinking rich boss gets job at stinking rich club who play in a stinking rich league who employ very well paid to stinking rich players. Put the great one up here at a run of mill no budget club then let's see how great he is, or pick any of the cheque book managers put them up here and let's see how they cope. Jealous no.......but as Scotland is part of the same land mass let's see a more even distribution of cash please.

Might have guessed. :cornette:

Out the blue that one.

If Van Gaal, Di Maria, Falcao and Schweinsteiger didn't work out, there's every chance that Mourinho and Ibrahimovic won't either. Sideshowy players and sideshowy managers.

Michael_Jackson

If Van Gaal, Di Maria, Falcao and Schweinsteiger didn't work out, there's every chance that Mourinho and Ibrahimovic won't either. Sideshowy players and sideshowy managers.

I'm not a Man united supporter, but I find your post rather odd. Schweinsteiger never worked out as he's so imparted by injury that he is a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago.

Falcao hasn't been the same since his knee injury. Do maria never worked out due to Van Gaals tactics and not settling in England and Van Gaal is like a shite Wenger.

I've never rated Mourinho, I find that he builds up fans expectation with his big mouth & more often than not cannot deliver, and when he has delivered it has been through expensive purchases, but the main point is that he couldn't win the champions league with Chelsea with the blank chequebook given to him.

I sincerely hope that Man United plummet even further than they already have

I'm not a Man united supporter, but I find your post rather odd. Schweinsteiger never worked out as he's so imparted by injury that he is a shadow of the player he was 3 years ago.

Falcao hasn't been the same since his knee injury. Do maria never worked out due to Van Gaals tactics and not settling in England and Van Gaal is like a shite Wenger.

One gets the feeling Schweinsteiger was signed more for his status as a World Cup and Champions League winner, than with any long term thinking in mind. It wouldn't have taken much research to work out that he was ageing and injury prone. City have a reputation for spending indiscriminately but they have at least been sensible enough to focus their recruitment on players who were under 28 at the time.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Mourinho has a voice that suggests he's got a potato constantly lodged in his throat

Mourinho will go down as one of the best managers of all time whether you like it or not. Don't let your hatred for him sway your judgement.

Pumping Barcelona out in their prime with Inter Milan is one of my personal highlights.

The Real Maroonblood

Stinking rich boss gets job at stinking rich club who play in a stinking rich league who employ very well paid to stinking rich players. Put the great one up here at a run of mill no budget club then let's see how great he is, or pick any of the cheque book managers put them up here and let's see how they cope. Jealous no.......but as Scotland is part of the same land mass let's see a more even distribution of cash please.

Spot on.

I've never rated Mourinho, I find that he builds up fans expectation with his big mouth & more often than not cannot deliver, and when he has delivered it has been through expensive purchases, but the main point is that he couldn't win the champions league with Chelsea with the blank chequebook given to him.

I sincerely hope that Man United plummet even further than they already have

He did win it with Porto though, who were low spenders compared to others, and Inter.

Archived