mourinho new man u boss

Ferryjambo99

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a bit harsh announcing that right after they win the FA Cup. Not letting van Gaal get much recognition.

Seems a bit harsh announcing that right after they win the FA Cup. Not letting van Gaal get much recognition.

He's been harshly treated since day dot imo, same as moyes. The reality is fergie left them an aging squad, with little quality.

jamboinglasgow

Yeah very poor from Man U, the fact all the media seems to get it at the same time seems to be someone from Man U briefed the press at the same time.

Stay classy Man Utd. As much as I'm no fan of LVG thats a complete disgrace especially after they actually WON!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Well, now they know Stubbo is out of reach, no point in hanging around to get their 2nd choice....

I can't say I'm surprised, LVg has spent a fortune and his results are bang average at best.

Mourinho, I think will turn out to be a very good appointment. Like him or loathe him, he brings success he won things wherever he has been. I also think this has been in works for a long time and he will have a plan.

Not sure he will win them title next year but would expect him to secure CL football for them.

Has it been officially announced or just lots of sources know his agent meeting man Utd next week?

Though I also think if your going to pull trigger need to do as quickly as possible. Never really a right time to sack someone.

Timing of announcement very poor... Should have waited until after today. Surprising lack of class from Man Utd.

jamboinglasgow

One thing I would say, I feel sorry for all the youngsters who have come through this season like Rashford and Lingaard, Mourinho does not seem to like bringing through youngsters.

I can't say I'm surprised, LVg has spent a fortune and his results are bang average at best.

Mourinho, I think will turn out to be a very good appointment. Like him or loathe him, he brings success he won things wherever he has been. I also think this has been in works for a long time and he will have a plan.

Not sure he will win them title next year but would expect him to secure CL football for them.

They say he spent more last year than Leicester have in their history, doesn't look good on your CV me thinks

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I can't believe the timing isn't even a mistake, that must be deliberate.  Which IMHO is shocking.

rudi must stay

I would have stuck with Van Gaal and I think Man Utd will now. Keep Mourinho waiting a year if he's that desperate for the job

It should have been ten

He's been harshly treated since day dot imo, same as moyes. The reality is fergie left them an aging squad, with little quality.

Exactly this.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

If they sign Zlatan to go along with Jos?, I'll be quite happy to support them next season.

glastonbury jambo

he doesnt bring stable long term success , he cant build a squad for shit , cant handle losing ...he wont last till christmas , he will have a breakdown when the press turn on him again.

jamboinglasgow

If they sign Zlatan to go along with Jos?, I'll be quite happy to support them next season.

Yup. I so want to see Zlatan in the Premier league.

vegas-voss

That still managed to win the league

The dugs in the street have been barking about this for ages.

You can see that coming a mile off. The Chelsea fans I know are not happy very hibsesque in their feelings towards him. Apparently Jose is not allowed to go to any other team or new challenge, so I'm told.

Very true but he managed to get every ounce of what they had to give out of them.

Billy Walsh

Man Utd panicking on this one I think. No stability at all, and going for short term results at any costs

Bungalow Bill

Love how Man Utd portrayed themselves as a club that stood by managers. The sacking of Moyes and now LVG shows they are no different to other clubs.

AlimOzturk

Love how Man Utd portrayed themselves as a club that stood by managers. The sacking of Moyes and now LVG shows they are no different to other clubs.

They haven't sacked LVG they just never renewed his contract.

Jamboelite

Wasnt it a 2 year contract and didnt he have 1 more year to go?

Bungalow Bill

He had a 3 year contract, so yes he was sacked.

I'm fairly sure that he had a year left on his contract.

AlimOzturk

He had a 3 year contract, so yes he was sacked.

Appologies you are correct.

Either way he never did a sterling job and the FA cup for the amount he has spent is very poor.

chester copperpot

Appologies you are correct.

Either way he never did a sterling job and the FA cup for the amount he has spent is very poor.

But he was sacked though :D

The fact of the matter is moyes and lvg both failing to qualify for the champions league cost them their jobs at the end of those seasons.

Teams like united most likely set that as a minimum requirement for any incoming manager.

HeartOfWestLothian

Hopefully he fails at Man United. Interesting season ahead in the English premiership that's for sure.

The Internet

You think?

I just can't see Mourinho giving the likes of Borthwick-Jackson any kind of run in the team. Will be interesting to see if he keeps Rashford around or sends him out on loan, I also won't be surprised if Lingard is frozen out. 

Archived