Rodgers is new Celtic manager

heartsdaft101

rudi must stay

Brendan Rogers was a source of quality entertainment went ESPN did that feature on Liverpool.

Between him ripping Raheem Sterling and every time he said "Jonjo".

The first time Celtic faces any adversity he'll be a source comedy.

'These are the chefs that will win us the premier league'

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have 34 games that regardless how good Celtic will be does not affect us.  No excuses.  Celtic being brilliant next season has no bearing on us when we play Kilmarnock etc.

No excuses Phoodle!

This for me too, except the use of the word Phoodle. I reckon Celtic and Rangers will be watching each other and there is a chance for someone outwith to nick it.

Unknown user

This is probably true, hence his messy divorce having been playing around with LFC staff.

Not that I'm impugning the flawless reputation of your aunt

I don't know about flawless, last time I asked her who her favourite player was she said Borini was "a knicker soaker"

John Findlay

Mind you he would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. If he became the Hearts manager.

• 11 months later...

Yes mate. You said it - second season.

I said he was slow out the blocks and that his FIRST season at Celtic presents an opportunity, which is what I said.

He also won't be able to get a striker like Suarez to the SPL i.e. He doesn't know what is needed to succeed up here and he won't have access to the top players that he had in that season.

Some people look ridiculous on this thread but this has to be numero uno!

Some people look ridiculous on this thread but this has to be numero uno!

He's evidently got the best standard of player but it's their work rate that's the most obvious for me. They work much harder than everyone else

Still needs to take them to that next level in europe.

They have done well but he needs to get them in the mid to latter stages of the champions league like Lennon did.

He's evidently got the best standard of player but it's their work rate that's the most obvious for me. They work much harder than everyone else

Agreed. Best team but also most professional team. Real leadership and structure as to what everyone's role is. Amazing what getting the best possible head coach for the money available can do rather than vanity projects and self harming!

From a purely football perspective(as I obviously don't care about Celtique) I think I said earlier in the thread a manager can and does make a difference.

Yes, Rodgers brought players in but still inherited most of Deila's squad.

He's got them working so hard. Inspired players seemingly on the way out and have become fixtures.

We could take notice.

Agreed. Best team but also most professional team. Real leadership and structure as to what everyone's role is. Amazing what getting the best possible head coach for the money available can do rather than vanity projects and self harming!

Professionalism is glaringly evident. Work rate is just phenomenal.

Rodgers has improved every single player.

Has any player improved under Cathro?

Bazzas right boot

Professionalism is glaringly evident. Work rate is just phenomenal.

Rodgers has improved every single player.

Has any player improved under Cathro?

Rogers is on ?3m or so a year.

Cost ?4m to pay of his leave.

Spent ?5m on one player.

Aye, crack on use Rogers to beat Cathro with.

Spent ?5m on one player.

Past experience makes me highly reticent to get involved with you in whatever guise you elect to present yourself in. Therefore I'll keep this brief and succinct.

I'm acknowledging the job Rodgers has done at Celtic. Any fool can see he's got best players and resources that dwarf everyone else in the country. My point is that work rate and endeavour of his players is highly impressive. It would also appear that he's improved pretty much every player in his time there. Look at Armstrong and McGregor in particular.

I'm not using Rodgers as a stick to beat Cathro as you ridiculously suggest. I've posed the question as to whether any player has evidently improved in 6 months under Cathro

Bazzas right boot

Past experience makes me highly reticent to get involved with you in whatever guise you elect to present yourself in. Therefore I'll keep this brief and succinct.

I'm acknowledging the job Rodgers has done at Celtic. Any fool can see he's got best players and resources that dwarf everyone else in the country. My point is that work rate and endeavour of his players is highly impressive. It would also appear that he's improved pretty much every player in his time there. Look at Armstrong and McGregor in particular.

I'm not using Rodgers as a stick to beat Cathro as you ridiculously suggest. I've posed the question as to whether any player has evidently improved in 6 months under Cathro

If you're point is Rogers i a better coach, then you'll be right.

Water is also wet

I'll let you continue to marvel at Rodgers while have cheap digs at your own coach.

It's what you do, after all.

As to your question, I don't know.

To answer you, imo cowie and goncalves have improved over the past 6 months.

He has come into a job where he is guaranteed to win the league and is judged more on his results in Europe than anything.

Scottish cup, league Cup are all bonus.

No doubt he has them playing well and would probably be a top 8 premier league team.

Bazzas right boot

Water is also wet

I'll let you continue to marvel at Rodgers while have cheap digs at your own coach.

And Sammon.....

cool

not quite Graeme Souness but still decent guy to get to Scotland[/quote

]

Bet rangers wished they had the fight souness brought, as a player and manager....

Watched the noon game at the pub.... What a gulf........

Still needs to take them to that next level in europe.

They have done well but he needs to get them in the mid to latter stages of the champions league like Lennon did.

Good post...it is a good Celtic team, maybe the best ever Celtic..?.... But I watched the barca 7 goal game

The uber clubs Madrid, barca and the English premier give wages larger than top movie stars get...

Getting brendan , the right lad. At the right time......a lot of luck involved.... Until the gets can get their off field things in order..........they are there to be taken by Aberdeen, hearts and even hibs.......

He has come into a job where he is guaranteed to win the league and is judged more on his results in Europe than anything.

No doubt he has them playing well and would probably be a top 8 premier league team.

The resourses given, I agree should guarantee the league...

If Celtic were to progress into and through the champs league to last 16, I was told Scotland would get back 2nd champs league place and 3 Europa.

Hearts with no debt, a smashing 20_000 stadium, and by then a good team/manager.......

Water is also wet

My point re work rate and improvement of every player is absolutely crystal clear.

Our Head Coach is something else altogether

Spent ?5m on one player.

Your right its not an even playing field

...it never was....hearts and hibs get roughly 1/3 the Glasgow giants. But beating the bigger club.......is so much sweeter..

Archived