Rodgers is new Celtic manager

heartsdaft101

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
skinnybob72

They could appoint Kenny Rogers and they should still win the league given their budget.

Carl Fredrickson

Quite an ambitious appointment - wonder how much he is getting paid and how big his war chest will be.

Heard on the radio that he was due ?10m over the next 2 years from Liverpool but he loses out on that if he takes another job. 

Must be a fair whack he will be on at Parkhead or he is desperate to manage again.

Annoying that Smelltic have well and truly punched above their weight with this one comsidering how unattractive the SPFL is and how crap a team they are. Only attraction in them is easy domestic job easy money and big fan base and history. Shame its boring and will be gubbed out the champo league at first sniff.

cool

not quite Graeme Souness but still decent guy to get to Scotland

After a month or two at Celtic, he will turn into an obnoxious knob, just like his predecessors.

They still need to clear out a lot of dead weight and sign 2-3 good defenders.

Rodgers could be guilty of trying to play too open in Europe which is where they now set their goals. This will leave them soft in defence and they will get beaten before they reach the groups. Could also work to teams advantage in the league.

JamboJohn1874

Celtic must have offered him a wad of money to spend on his squad, which is ominous for the rest of us.

AlimOzturk

They must be offering him a lucrative deal and assurances. Can't see how we can compete if They are splashing the cash

They could appoint Kenny Rogers and they should still win the league given their budget.

Clodagh Rodgers and they'd win it 

Cue older posters.........Mmmmmm....Clodagh Rodgers..... :2thumbsup:

Ryan Jarman

Knows how to get the best from a racist striker an aw

stevie1874

Seems Celtic opening the biscuit tin for the arrival of the rangers. Both will now be spending well above their station to try and win league.

peter_hmfc

15M War chest apparently

But it's our ******* fault when we can't compete with them.

:cornette:

Raises the profile and media interest in our league, hopefully boosting all of the club's financially.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Celtic must have offered him a wad of money to spend on his squad, which is ominous for the rest of us.

Good for Hibs though eh, lots of decent loans in the offing.

Hope you have a Shite day tomorrow btw.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Not concerned in the slightest with this appointment :verysmug:

Mowbray mk2

chester copperpot

Good.

Everyone will see the same pish manager thay I saw when he managed Liverpool.

They will play lively football, get nowhere and concede plenty from the back.

Absolute clown of a man too.

Will fit in well with the scum.

He was almost eliminated from Europe by John McGlynn with a team that included Gerrard, Sterling and Suarez against a team that included Barr, Taouil and John Sutton.

Bring it on.

Unknown user

Quite an ambitious appointment - wonder how much he is getting paid and how big his war chest will be.

Heard on the radio that he was due ?10m over the next 2 years from Liverpool but he loses out on that if he takes another job.

Must be a fair whack he will be on at Parkhead or he is desperate to manage again.

I read that he makes good money from activities outside football, it could be just that it's not his top priority, as mental as that sounds with 10 million on the table!

heartmussel

In true Old Firm style,announced the day before their rivals big day. Bring on next season. HHGH.

Not doubting the rumour but would be amazed if that was true

Will win the league but won't make a dent on the champions league. Really was nothing special at Liverpool.

Seen on FB that he will get at least ?15m to spend :lol:

Absolute madness.

Not doubting the rumour but would be amazed if that was true

the Liverpool story sounds correct

this sort of pay off is normal now

as said Rodgers is minted from property investments

grumpyespana

You can get a monkey to manage them and they would still win the league, the key for him is to qualify for the group stages of the champions league anything else will be a failure.

Deans Jambo

Knew the minute Rangers got back to the top division Celtic would open the cheque book wide.

Jamborossco

dont see what the fuss is all about, he became the first Liverpool manager in donkeys years not to win a trophy in his first three years, also he couldn't beat a Hearts side managed by John McGlynn at Anfield

Not happy about that at all. Thats a real surprise and big coup for them. Anyone that is denying that is frankly either clueless or at it. 

He will do very well for them, completely different proposition from Delilah. He will have been promised significant transfer funds which have been saved for Rangers return. Celtic are massive favorites for the title next season and should be a lot shorter odds than they were this.

Seymour M Hersh

Anyone else think it odd that he has taken the job? I wonder if no-one down south was showing interest in hiring him.

The Mighty Thor

Seen on FB that he will get at least ?15m to spend [emoji38]

Absolute madness.

?15m wouldn't even have got him a third rate defender at Liverpool.

I'm sure it will fatten their fish in this very small pond.

Gorgie_Rules

Total speal merchant. Done well at Swansea, Suarez carried his team to 2nd in the league then were awful the next season

Its very hard to fail in the Celtic job, and with Rangers not being established in the league its a cooshty job for him to try get his career back on track

Seems a decent gadge. Meaning he's absolutely unsuited to his new employer and it's customers. We now await him becoming a significanly less decent gadge when he begins to troop out the age old Celtic rhetoric.

Arnold Rothstein

Good.

Everyone will see the same pish manager thay I saw when he managed Liverpool.

They will play lively football, get nowhere and concede plenty from the back.

Absolute clown of a man too.

Will fit in well with the scum.

Exactly where i am on this.

Arnold Rothstein

Seems a decent gadge. Meaning he's absolutely unsuited to his new employer and it's customers. We now await him becoming a significanly less decent gadge when he begins to troop out the age old Celtic rhetoric.

Nah, he's always been a wank.

I really don't care!

Neither could I.  A toss is what I could not give.

He's been an abject failure at his last two clubs and I'm looking for that to continue.

?15m to spend, good luck with that. Spent ?300m on Liverpool and didn't get him anywhere.

He is Kenny Shiels in a more expensive suit.

Sounds all to familiar to the pant wetting gers fans who couldn't wait for paul le guen to come in and 'take them to the top' look how that turned out. Could well be another expensive failure

He was almost eliminated from Europe by John McGlynn with a team that included Gerrard, Sterling and Suarez against a team that included Barr, Taouil and John Sutton.

Bring it on.

:lol: Brilliant!

I do think he will have Celtic playing flair football and dishing out a few hammerings though.

Seymour M Hersh

?15m wouldn't even have got him a third rate defender at Liverpool.

I'm sure it will fatten their fish in this very small pond.

Got him Moreno didn't it?

At least this puts to bed the idea we could be challenging for the league next season. Rodgers is definitely a big coup for them, didn't believe they had the ability to get someone as big as that TBH

Archived