Joey Barton

GarryJ-o-s

Joey Barton is a good player. So were Roy Keane, Ian Wright, and Juninho and they were all shite up here. Hopefully Barton will be gash too.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

A player more built on public image rather than ability , a good player but not a world beater .

Likely get bored after a couple of months and just become trouble .

Was he not slagging off the Orcs on twitter when the old club died ?

This would be a cracking signing for Rangers. Could be the difference between 1st and 2nd for them.

You mean 4th and 3rd?

Lol. You're full of more shite than the Easter Road home dressing room.

Check out post 2 on this thread.......... "I believe we will win the league next year. I genuinely do". http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/160130-next-season/

Oh and by the way nobody on this thread is getting a "raging boner at anyone linked to Rangers", the simple fact is that IF they were to sign Barton it would be a huge statement relatively speaking in the 2016-17 version of Scottish football. Unfortunately not a player we are able to look at due to financial restrictions as he would bring badly needed bite, competitiveness and no little ability to our starting 11.

Lol. Only on JKB can someone get a slagging for believing Hearts can win the league.

Anyway thanks for spending the time looking that out.

As I was saying, plenty people with swollen dicks on this thread

Lol. Only on JKB can someone get a slagging for believing Hearts can win the league.

Anyway thanks for spending the time looking that out.

As I was saying, plenty people with swollen dicks on this thread

No need to spend time looking, it was easy to remember such a ludicrous prediction   :P 

And I certainly wasn't "slagging" you just laughing at your attempt to pretend you didn't say it.

Not sure about the "swollen dicks" seems to me people are discussing the merits of whether Barton would be a good signing. Plenty seem to think he wouldn't, personally I think he would be an excellent addition and I'd take him in a heartbeat for our midfield. I guess signings like that certainly won't help your prediction mind you.

Apparently after Niko Krancjar to join him in the middle?

That's alot of wages on 2 players.

Rudolf's Mate

Apparently after Niko Krancjar to join him in the middle?

That's alot of wages on 2 players.

Great player however Krancjar simply doesn't have the legs nor has he for a few seasons.

Personally I've no issues with them bringing in names as it means we've generally got to up our game. Some of our best league campaigns were against vastly stronger Glasgow teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No need to spend time looking, it was easy to remember such a ludicrous prediction :P

And I certainly wasn't "slagging" you just laughing at your attempt to pretend you didn't say it.

Not sure about the "swollen dicks" seems to me people are discussing the merits of whether Barton would be a good signing. Plenty seem to think he wouldn't, personally I think he would be an excellent addition and I'd take him in a heartbeat for our midfield. I guess signings like that certainly won't help your prediction mind you.

Why would I try to deny it? I'd much rather be in a positive camp than lined up with all the losers that slate the team every second day. Unlike you I don't memorise every post I make but I'll take ithe fact that you do as a compliment.

You will recall that when most people on here were stroking their chubbies about not getting close to Rangers in the Championship that I said we would beat them and win the league. That panned out well enough.

Anyway Barton won't be at a Rangers. If he does choose them over a final stint in the EPL it suggests to me he wants an easier life for the money. With that attitude I would doubt he will be a roaring success up here.

...a bit disco

Kevin Mcdonald of Wolves and Cummings too apparently.

Graeme Dorrans as well.

As an aside the papers will link them to anyone half decent and have them on their way here, like with that lad from Brentford that joined Leeds.

Propaganda machine in full flow.

Welcome back to life with Rangers in the SPL....

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully end up like the Roy Keane signing.

Billy big baws wanting a final pay day and thinks he can skhoosh this league. But actually end up being to old, slow, unfit and not very good whiling taking a massive wage.

He was up here for a charity golf game at Loch Lomond and was offered the opportunity to go see Murray Park etc. He may well have had "discussions" but he wants to stay at Burnley and is waiting on Burnley making a better offer. For what it's worth, Joey Barton will be looking for 15k/20k+ a week wage minimum.

For me, the whole Joey Barton Episode is just propaganda to try convince everyone that "rangers" are back. The daily record was tweeting about that Liverpool boy they've signed on loan like they'd signed Messi. In for a full summer of it!

Sean Dyche in the paper saying that he's not cheap so fair play to Rangers if they get him.

He'd be a mug to give up Premier League football with Burnley but if the length of the contract is a major sticking point then who knows.

He was up here for a charity golf game at Loch Lomond and was offered the opportunity to go see Murray Park etc. He may well have had "discussions" but he wants to stay at Burnley and is waiting on Burnley making a better offer. For what it's worth, Joey Barton will be looking for 15k/20k+ a week wage minimum.

For me, the whole Joey Barton Episode is just propaganda to try convince everyone that "rangers" are back. The daily record was tweeting about that Liverpool boy they've signed on loan like they'd signed Messi. In for a full summer of it!

Precisely mate - its working it would seem...

ToadKiller Dog

They are going to be linked with everybody ,until ST sales close .It's more about hype than reality.

I would have been surprised if he would accept an offer as low as 15/20k per week even at 33. They will be in the Premiership again next season so would have thought they will be paying their top players more than that.

Interesting to see the Rangers hype is already back. Barton is still quite a good player and for that reason Rangers will not sign him or anyone near his ability.

They'll get in a couple more lower league English players and that'll be it.

HeartOfWestLothian

The Liverpool boy isn't a loan signing, he signed a four year deal I believe.

Luscious Laryea

I genuinely don't get the hype around him ability-wise, he hasn't ever done much to merit his reputation as a decent player in my opinion.  Potentially him and Halliday in the middle of the park, what an odious bunch of cretins they are.  It's possible they're doing it to create an "us and them" mentality and get the orcs right behind them next season (same reason they had Diouf as a loanee a few years back).

Uncle Buck

Kevin Mcdonald of Wolves and Cummings too apparently.

Graeme Dorrans as well.

Had a feeling they'd try to buy the title.

Just what Scottish football needs - ANOTHER bampot!!

Mind you it would be a great move for him as the referees will let him get away with murder playing for an OF club.

Unknown user

I genuinely don't get the hype around him ability-wise, he hasn't ever done much to merit his reputation as a decent player in my opinion. Potentially him and Halliday in the middle of the park, what an odious bunch of cretins they are. It's possible they're doing it to create an "us and them" mentality and get the orcs right behind them next season (same reason they had Diouf as a loanee a few years back).

If we were sniffing around a guy who'd been capped for England, played for Man City, Newcastle and Marseilles and just been named in the Championship team of the year, I guarantee no one on here would be questioning if he was any good

I would have been surprised if he would accept an offer as low as 15/20k per week even at 33. They will be in the Premiership again next season so would have thought they will be paying their top players more than that.

I'd be shocked if he'd sign for anything less than 30k myself. The Rangers season ticket rumour mill is in full swing. Danny Ings now apparently coming in on loan now. Some squad their assembling.............

Messi seen at Queen Street Station!

How's the ticket sales going?

Still a bit slow.

Ronaldo with him apparently.

How's the ticket sales now?

Flying out the door now!!

:lol:

In the Championship team of the year so he must have been a good player this season.

The little smilies don't take away from that fact.

He is a ***** though.

The English Championship :rofl:

Buffalo Bill

I just hope he starts doing his press conferences in a Weegie accent.

No need to spend time looking, it was easy to remember such a ludicrous prediction :P

I always think we can win the League. I'll put money on a Hearts and Liverpool double next year.

Messi seen at Queen Street Station!

How's the ticket sales going?

Still a bit slow.

Ronaldo with him apparently.

How's the ticket sales now?

Flying out the door now!!

:lol:

Pretty much how I see it going till the end of the transfer window haha.

alwaysthereinspirit

Pretty much how I see it going till the end of the transfer window haha.

and if that doesn't work I'm sure their friends over at GFA headquarters will extend the transfer window just for them. :)

Barton been offered better terms with Burnley and the other Croatian dude has also been offered an extension to his MLS contract.

Accrington Stanley types going to Snake Mountain.

...a bit disco

Love to see him try his 'renaissance man' shtick with the Buckie swillers.

I always think we can win the League. I'll put money on a Hearts and Liverpool double next year.

This surprises me little having read the other guff you spout!

Spellczech

Heard him on Talk Sport the other day. Very good communicator and has a brain in his head. I was impressed.

If we were sniffing around a guy who'd been capped for England, played for Man City, Newcastle and Marseilles and just been named in the Championship team of the year, I guarantee no one on here would be questioning if he was any good

spot on ,also dont think we couldn't afford someone like him anyway

Heard him on Talk Sport the other day. Very good communicator and has a brain in his head. I was impressed.

He's also a horrible *****, you don't need to be a brainless jakie to be a horrible *****, decent footballer though.

Unknown user

He's also a horrible *****, you don't need to be a brainless jakie to be a horrible *****, decent footballer though.

Very much this, he seems an intelligent guy, and a

Seems its happening. Few naysayers on this thread looking rather stupid again. Regardless of some of his previous this (especially on the evidence of Saturday) is a really good signing by Rangers and I expect quite a few more of this standard to follow.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36360594

chester copperpot

Still a good footballer and will do well up here as the refs will let him away with murder.

The Broony v Barton confrontations should make for good viewing.

Not sure Rodgers will fancy Brown tbh, on another note, thank **** rangers lost the final and not spending much or attracting good players eh? :cornette:

On a final note, Barton will get dogs abuse up here.

Rudolf's Mate

Said he was a good player and think he'll show it up here. A few things though. After Sat if clear to see they need more than just a couple of players. He improves their team but 1 players not going to turn them around. Will also be interesting to see how much they've got left in that war chest after this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Rainjurs will struggle in the top flight as they don't have any money. Mid table finish if they're lucky.

Amirite?

:cornette:

Sevco will sign him on a 3 year deal. I predict he will be decent the first year but will quickly decline and end up costing them a fortune in wages for a player that isn't playing.

Not sure Rodgers will fancy Brown tbh, on another note, thank **** rangers lost the final and not spending much or attracting good players eh? :cornette:

On a final note, Barton will get dogs abuse up here.

Which he will relish and thoroughly enjoy like most good players do!

Archived