Joey Barton

GarryJ-o-s

He's a complete , a total liability and a no-more-than-decent footballer.

Always thought he was destined for the other filthy half of the Old Firm.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do so many hearts fans get such big erections about what players Rangers may or not sign?

Barton is a good quality player but he is much poorer a player than Keane and Junihno, for example, who completely flopped. As did Ian Wright and Flo.

Can't think of any 30 something EPL players who have come up here and excelled for either of those pair.

Says the man who has predicted Hearts will win the league next season. I would say looking at who one of our obvious competitors may or may not sign may be fairly relevant to such a prediction but each to their own I guess.

Says the man who has predicted Hearts will win the league next season. I would say looking at who one of our obvious competitors may or may not sign may be fairly relevant to such a prediction but each to their own I guess.

Are you talking about me?

Apparently he's got a 2yr deal ready to sign.

I find this one strange - if have thought he'd have had offers with better money in England.

Apparently he's got a 2yr deal ready to sign.

I find this one strange - if have thought he'd have had offers with better money in England.

But he hasn't, or doesn't want to take it, which to me says it all really. No doubt a decent signing but no where near the wankfest some on here are making out.

Barton was on about 70k per week at QPR so even say he's on half of that at Burnley.. How the hell are Rangers going to be able to afford anything near that.  This is just media hyping "big" players now that The Rangers are "back" 

Burnley pay players less than a lot of clubs in the championship and wages of ?15-20k per week are more common than the large sums teams like Fulham pay. Buy even that, if rangers want to spunk what little money they have on players with no sell on value then they will be back where they started before too long.

Barton as a player would improve that team greatly. Barton as a signing will be a bad move for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought the wage gap was enormous, with Sky money now filtering down to the Championship rangers wouldn't be able to match any Burnley offer.

Aye.

Ok, well not sure that I have predicted we will win the league next season but fair dues.

Showing an interest in who other teams will sign is one thing. Getting a raging boner at anyone linked to Rangers is another.

Joey Barton :rofl:

A good player :rofl:

Joey :rofl: Barton :rofl:

I know what I'd like to see happen to this chocolate Hardman.

Little scumbag.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Little scumbag.

In the Championship team of the year so he must have been a good player this season.

The little smilies don't take away from that fact.

He is a ***** though.

CollyWolly

He's a good player if you sit off and let him do his thing. He is very easy to noise up and distract though. I imagine that's how most teams will approach him. Leave something on him for a couple of challenges, the hard man act will take over and he won't be so effective. He is Scott Brown with hair.

Ugly American, on 14 May 2016 - 5:10 PM, said:

Stick-on red card in an OF derby.  Scott Brown will manage to wind him up.

This

Nookie Bear

The Daily Record, they will be quids in with a ten page spread about the clash.

Even our own fans are obsessed about The Big Clash between Broonie and Joey...fits

I'm more concerned at how we deal with him.

Unknown user

Little scumbag.

Joey Barton IS a good player, you've sat on a bollock there mate

cosanostra

Little scumbag.

Chocolate hardman and scumbag for sure but he's been a very good player throughout his career.

You must really not watch much football outside of Hearts if you laugh at Barton being a good player.

He is a proper dickhead though.

Sneckiejambo

Seems a strange one, play in premiership in England for 1 year on big wage, or play in a diddy league for 2 years in Scotland, bit like a certain Mr Templeton, on a smaller scale.

Ibrahim Tall

The chance to play in the best league in the world again of sign for a club just on the rise again in a average league. Weird one

The chance to get relegated again from the 'best league in the world' or sign for far bigger club, likely play in Europe and win trophies. People are far too quick to write off Scottish football and believe the hype of England.

For what it's worth Barton would probably be the best player in the SPL and while an arsehole with various notable incidents his actual on the pitch discipline isn't anywhere near as bad as many above have made out. Not a good for us if that's the level of player the Huns are going for.

Captain Bubblebeard

Scummy arseholes try to sign a scummy arsehole shocker.

Will say a lot about Barton's character if he accepts (assuming he has alternative options with Burnley - perhaps an incorrect assumption on my part). Choose to be a big fish in a tiny pond and play two years on cruise control or tiny fish in a big pond needing to rise to a huge challenge every week.

So it begins. They'll dump half the players that got them up. Holt won't be starting after January.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks Rangers will start the league next season in current state is way off. As I've said before both Rangers and Celtic will be fghting it out for top spot next season. Us and Aberdeen will do the usual for best of the rest.

Livvyjambo

Barton was on about 70k per week at QPR so even say he's on half of that at Burnley.. How the hell are Rangers going to be able to afford anything near that. This is just media hyping "big" players now that The Rangers are "back"

The photos with him and David weir at Murray park tell us otherwise looks like a done deal

Would be an immense capture for them (in terms playing, personality not included) but his wage will be huge. So on the plus it may drive them into liquidation quicker.

They must be splashing out big wages to attract players like Barton. See they have offered that youngster from Liverpool 10k a week. Let's hope they go bust again.

cosanostra

They must be splashing out big wages to attract players like Barton. See they have offered that youngster from Liverpool 10k a week. Let's hope they go bust again.

Their gates will be up near 45-50k again next season so they'll have enough cash floating around to pay decent salaries.

They'll sign half a team of new players this summer and they'll be players that we can't afford.

It'll be a major surprise if the Huns don't finish 2nd next season.

Brown like character. Will get sway with murder.

Will be used on 5live to talk up Rangers

Hope he signs and gets ?40k p/w.

The sooner Sevco go the same way as the team they replaced the better.

No lessons learned and it's brilliant.

Jamboelite

I see Sean Dyche saying they have offered him a contract and are waiting on an answer but if he choses Rangers they better have deep pockets as he isnt cheap.

Hope they spunk cash on him as while a good player they could get two quality players for the wages with less baggage.

He is a horrible ^}#]

Williejimieson30yarder

Regardless of whether they have the funds or not. Some actually believed that they wouldn't be in a position to do so!

Whilst Barton is a thug he's a brilliant player and one which would totally standout in Scotland.

Doesn't always work like that. Graveson, Roy Keane, Flo, Jeffers. All EPL players who didn't exactly set the heather alight up here.

Barton is a decent player but an absolute dickhead

It's a game of opinions. And if Hearts were signing him, pretty sure he'd be a cult hero from day 1. And his ability after this season shouldn't be in question. I'm no fan of Sevco, but sometimes you just need to say, yeah, good signing. Especially for a club perpetually in overdraft and spending money they don't have. Which is more my issue.

Rudolf's Mate

Doesn't always work like that. Graveson, Roy Keane, Flo, Jeffers. All EPL players who didn't exactly set the heather alight up here.

Barton is a decent player but an absolute dickhead

My point was more to do with sevco's spending however my comment about him being a standout fully depends on how he applies himself. If he concentrates on his game and doesn't act the hard man he'll standout IMO.

I'd also add that the players you mentioned hadn't come to Scotland on the back of a successful campaign. Flo and Jeffers in particular had done feck all for a long time.

Williejimieson30yarder

My point was more to do with sevco's spending however my comment about him being a standout fully depends on how he applies himself. If he concentrates on his game and doesn't act the hard man he'll standout IMO.

I'd also add that the players you mentioned hadn't come to Scotland on the back of a successful campaign. Flo and Jeffers in particular had done feck all for a long time.

Jeffers hadn't but Flo came with a good rep. He is a decent player but I don't think the midfielders in our league will be shaking in their boots thinking of playing against him

Ok, I'm going to put my ****** on the block here.

Barton won't sign and has no intentions of signing.

Warburton has been quoted in the press that he is finding it difficult convincing players that Rangers is not still a basket case. Struggles to get players up to Glasgow for talks etc.

Rangers head scout - McParland, was Sporting Director at Burnley when Barton signed. So they will have a relationship maybe even owes him one for getting back in to the English game and rebuilding his reputation.

Barton goes up to Rangers, has talks, comes back down the road says he's really impressed with Rangers, sure they will challenge etc etc but he has a job to finish at Burnley.

However the whole thing convinces everyone Rangers are back and other potential signings are more likely to take Rangers seriously, releiving one of Warburton's key signing issues.

IMO

:)

Rudolf's Mate

Jeffers hadn't but Flo came with a good rep. He is a decent player but I don't think the midfielders in our league will be shaking in their boots thinking of playing against him

They all came with good rep tbh however it was past glories as far as many were concerned. Barton is no superstar but he showed last season that he's still capable of being a combative midfielder in a strong league.

I agree though, nobody will be shaking in their boots over the prospect of him coming.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

probably worth a bet on Barton getting sent off on his old firm debut,although the odds would be pretty short!

Barton and Broon on the same pitch?

bigbang.jpg

This would be a cracking signing for Rangers. Could be the difference between 1st and 2nd for them.

When he was quoted at West Ham last season it really split the support. Slav wanted him but the Chairs didn't. He's a decent footballer but was a liability a few years ago. Has settled a lot now. Would deffo do a job up here I'd say with his OF cloak of invisibilty

Gigolo-Aunt

Would be an impressive signing if he comes up the road.  If its the calibre of player Rangers are looking to bring is during the summer, we will need to get our recruitment spot on to even compete.

Wonder what he will make of Rangers "party songs" being an Alumni of St Thomas Becket Catholic High School in Liverpool. 

Ok, well not sure that I have predicted we will win the league next season but fair dues.

Showing an interest in who other teams will sign is one thing. Getting a raging boner at anyone linked to Rangers is another.

Lol. You're full of more shite than the Easter Road home dressing room.

Check out post 2 on this thread.......... "I believe we will win the league next year. I genuinely do".      http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/160130-next-season/

Oh and by the way nobody on this thread is getting a "raging boner at anyone linked to Rangers", the simple fact is that IF they were to sign Barton it would be a huge statement relatively speaking in the 2016-17 version of Scottish football. Unfortunately not a player we are able to look at due to financial restrictions as he would bring badly needed bite, competitiveness and no little ability to our starting 11.

The cringe on this thread is unreal - Joey Barton the best player in the country if he comes, what a laugh! He's 33, and has spent a great deal of his career in the English Premiership relegation zone/Championship. I've got a suspicion he wouldn't stroll it.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Lol. You're full of more shite than the Easter Road home dressing room.

Check out post 2 on this thread.......... "I believe we will win the league next year. I genuinely do". http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/160130-next-season/

Oh and by the way nobody on this thread is getting a "raging boner at anyone linked to Rangers", the simple fact is that IF they were to sign Barton it would be a huge statement relatively speaking in the 2016-17 version of Scottish football. Unfortunately not a player we are able to look at due to financial restrictions as he would bring badly needed bite, competitiveness and no little ability to our starting 11.

:lol: Ooft.

alicante jambo

The cringe on this thread is unreal - Joey Barton the best player in the country if he comes, what a laugh! He's 33, and has spent a great deal of his career in the English Premiership relegation zone/Championship. I've got a suspicion he wouldn't stroll it.

This is where im at aswell.Lives on his hard man imaje.

Archived