Faith Healing

Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo 4 Ever

I'm a faith healer JIH, PM me your card details and I'll heal anything you want.

Cheers man.

P.s. I'm getting nothing out of this, I'm just magic.

But my point is - some of them don't ask for money

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

But my point is - some of them don't ask for money

So why don't the selfish sods not cure everyone who's ill or injured, instead of bullshiting the stupid?

Maple Leaf

So why don't the selfish sods not cure everyone who's ill or injured, instead of bullshiting the stupid?

The same question could be asked about God.  If He is capable of curing ill people, why doesn't he cure ALL ill people?

If he is capable of saving some people in a plane/train crash, why doesn't He save everyone?  Indeed, why didn't He prevent the crash in the first place?

Craigieboy

The same question could be asked about God. If He is capable of curing ill people, why doesn't he cure ALL ill people?

If he is capable of saving some people in a plane/train crash, why doesn't He save everyone? Indeed, why didn't He prevent the crash in the first place?

:clap:

The selective nature of the whole thing makes it incredible to me that people don't see right through it.

As soon as you start attributing 'god's power' to ANYTHING then you must in turn explain why it doesn't happen very often AND without exemption. Even for people following the same faith.

Jambo-Jimbo

The same question could be asked about God.  If He is capable of curing ill people, why doesn't he cure ALL ill people?

If he is capable of saving some people in a plane/train crash, why doesn't He save everyone?  Indeed, why didn't He prevent the crash in the first place?

:clap:

The selective nature of the whole thing makes it incredible to me that people don't see right through it.

As soon as you start attributing 'god's power' to ANYTHING then you must in turn explain why it doesn't happen very often AND without exemption. Even for people following the same faith.

If the power of God or Jesus can cure people of their illnesses, wouldn't it be easier if people didn't get ill to start with?

We are told that God & Jesus love you, then why do they let young children die from cancer and other diseases or let millions die in a famine or something like that.

It's all part of God's plan we are told, total BS, they only come out with that line when they don't have an answer to it.

Craigieboy

If the power of God or Jesus can cure people of their illnesses, wouldn't it be easier if people didn't get ill to start with?

We are told that God & Jesus love you, then why do they let young children die from cancer and other diseases or let millions die in a famine or something like that.

It's all part of God's plan we are told, total BS, they only come out with that line when they don't have an answer to it.

I'd correct your last bit Jim.

They do have an answer.

It's just that it's neither logical nor is it backed up by any solid evidence. It takes a massive leap of faith to believe that there is any reason whatsoever for the permission of suffering and evil.

They have answers or theories about it but you've got to be either completely blinded by a need for faith in your life or just completely deluded to believe it.

That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Jambo-Jimbo

I'd correct your last bit Jim.

They do have an answer.

It's just that it's neither logical nor is it backed up by any solid evidence. It takes a massive leap of faith to believe that there is any reason whatsoever for the permission of suffering and evil.

They have answers or theories about it but you've got to be either completely blinded by a need for faith in your life or just completely deluded to believe it.

That's my thoughts on it anyway.

The whole thing is founded upon a massive leap of faith without any evidence to prove that God actually exists.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The whole thing is founded upon a massive leap of faith without any evidence to prove that God actually exists.

Puritanical bullshit, is what it is.

They don't have to have a pecuniary motive to be pious frauds.

Yep. For some it's all about power and authority. Being seen to be in possession of spiritual privileges or a more direct personal link to gods means a little godliness rubs off on them too and they're treated as something special. People treat them as if they're more important than the average joe. Same goes with spirit mediums and all these other frauds.

The flakiest and most sleekit type of inadequates. [emoji58]

Jambo-Jimbo

Yep. For some it's all about power and authority. Being seen to be in possession of spiritual privileges or a more direct personal link to gods means a little godliness rubs off on them too and they're treated as something special.

And that is the crux of what religion is all about.

Some people who claim to have 'A hotline to God' or that God's power runs through them and as such they are better than you, and some people are so gullible that they believe this.

And with the gullible believing all of this, this in turn gives the few the power, authority and control over their 'flock'.

It is God testing our faith.  Yes, he is a cruel evil sadistic ****.

Watt-Zeefuik

Yep. For some it's all about power and authority. Being seen to be in possession of spiritual privileges or a more direct personal link to gods means a little godliness rubs off on them too and they're treated as something special. People treat them as if they're more important than the average joe. Same goes with spirit mediums and all these other frauds.

The flakiest and most sleekit type of inadequates. [emoji58]

For some of the faith healers it gives their life importance and makes them feel worthwhile.  (I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to have the power of God to go around and heal people?  I'd do it for free...)

My issue isn't with their delusion per se, it's with the fact that they convince people to not get actual medical help and instead get "faith healed."  This crap sadly isn't restricted to the religious -- rumors are that Steve Jobs had a very treatable form of cancer but didn't get medical attention until much later because he tried to cure it early with vegetable smoothies or something, and by then it was too late.

Christopher Hitchens says it all here... He was talking about Jerry Falwell but it can apply equally to all of these people...

Bindy Badgy

My issue isn't with their delusion per se, it's with the fact that they convince people to not get actual medical help and instead get "faith healed."  This crap sadly isn't restricted to the religious -- rumors are that Steve Jobs had a very treatable form of cancer but didn't get medical attention until much later because he tried to cure it early with vegetable smoothies or something, and by then it was too late.

http://fortune.com/2008/03/05/the-trouble-with-steve-jobs/

During a routine abdominal scan, doctors had discovered a tumor growing in his pancreas. While a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is often tantamount to a swiftly executed death sentence, a biopsy revealed that Jobs had a rare?and treatable?form of the disease. If the tumor were surgically removed, Jobs? prognosis would be promising: The vast majority of those who underwent the operation survived at least ten years.

Yet to the horror of the tiny circle of intimates in whom he?d confided, Jobs was considering not having the surgery at all. A Buddhist and vegetarian, the Apple CEO was skeptical of mainstream medicine. Jobs decided to employ alternative methods to treat his pancreatic cancer, hoping to avoid the operation through a special diet?a course of action that hasn?t been disclosed until now.

For nine months Jobs pursued this approach, as Apple?s  AAPL 1.29%  board of directors and executive team secretly agonized over the situation?and whether the company needed to disclose anything about its CEO?s health to investors. Jobs, after all, was widely viewed as Apple?s irreplaceable leader, personally responsible for everything from the creation of the iPod to the selection of the chef in the company cafeteria. News of his illness, especially with an uncertain outcome, would surely send the company?s stock reeling. The board decided to say nothing, after seeking advice on its obligations from two outside lawyers, who agreed it could remain silent.

In the end, Jobs had the surgery, on Saturday, July 31, 2004, at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, near his home. The revelation of his brush with death remained?like everything involving Jobs and Apple?a tightly controlled affair. In fact, nary a word got out until Jobs? tumor had been removed. The next day, in an upbeat e-mail to employees later released to the press, he announced that he had faced a life-threatening illness and was ?cured.? Jobs assured everyone that he?d be back on the job in September. When trading resumed a day after the announcement, Apple shares fell just 2.4%.

Jambo 4 Ever

Christopher Hitchens says it all here... He was talking about Jerry Falwell but it can apply equally to all of these people...

Who is Jerry Falwell? And what was it he said?

Maple Leaf

It's who was Jerry Falwell, as he is now dead.  And if you watch the Christopher Hitchens video, you will hear some of the things Falwell said.

Watt-Zeefuik

An incredibly hateful American televangelist.  His son is, um, "proudly" carrying the tradition on.

Fourcandles

An incredibly hateful American televangelist.  His son is, um, "proudly" carrying the tradition on.

Bloomin' inconvenient to have Christians who claim to know the mind of God..

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Jambo 4 Ever

Bloomin' inconvenient to have Christians who claim to know the mind of God..

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

I've heard people say they had a dream and God told them in it what they wanted... Or give th a message in another way

Jambo-Jimbo

I've heard people say they had a dream and God told them in it what they wanted... Or give th a message in another way

Are these people religious? 

Because if they weren't and didn't believe in God in the first place but God spoke to them in a dream, well you can see where this is going, or does God only speak to the believers?

God has allegedly spoken to lots of people, you know the ones who come out with their 'End of the World' crap and I've mentioned on another thread that so far I've lived through, what is it now, 78 'End of the World' predictions now, and the majority of them were when God had spoken to the person.

So just because 'God' has spoken to someone doesn't make it happen.

I had a dream that Hearts won the Premiership, however when I tell people that this means it actually happened, people look at me like I'm completely bat**** crazy. Weird.

Jambo-Jimbo

I had a dream that Hearts won the Premiership, however when I tell people that this means it actually happened, people look at me like I'm completely bat**** crazy. Weird.

Ray your doing it wrong, mate.

You should have said that God had talked to you in your dream, and you'd get some folks shouting 'Hallelujah' or 'Praise be to the Lord' and believe every word you said.

And for a small donation you'd tell them what else God told you.  :thumbsup:

Jambo 4 Ever

He can claim what he likes, he's talking crap.

Didn't the doctors agree with him though?

Jambo 4 Ever

Because if they weren't and didn't believe in God in the first place but God spoke to them in a dream, well you can see where this is going, or does God only speak to the believers?

God has allegedly spoken to lots of people, you know the ones who come out with their 'End of the World' crap and I've mentioned on another thread that so far I've lived through, what is it now, 78 'End of the World' predictions now, and the majority of them were when God had spoken to the person.

Good point.

Yes, these people are religious and when I asked how they knew it was God speaking to them, they said they just knew...  (not helpful I know)

The Internet

Didn't the doctors agree with him though?

Can see why they didn't make a big deal of it. If god's sorting out people's knee problems then there's no need for doctors is there? 

Zerothehero

At some point in the creation process, where God made the Earth and all the creatures there, he must have had to come up with concepts for his creation. I like to think of it like a meeting of designers, in this case God and his senior angel types, sitting around and plotting it all out.

God: Right, so we have the basic form of most of our big creatures sorted. That's two eyes, four limbs, mouth and nose in roughly the middle of the face and a digestive system. For the digestive system I was thinking an exceptionally complex series of thousands of miles of tubing and associated plumbing. And shits. I want my beings to produce dirty waste that they need to get rid of.

Angel: This digestive system. Is it going to be a really efficient process? Quite looking forward to seeing it in action.

God: No, no, no ha ha. I'm thinking it should constantly give people trouble, and be messy! Really messy. I think people should be ashamed of it and just not want to talk about it. Make sure that's a big thing, being ashamed of your body processes.

Angel: Great thinking, Lord. What kind of trouble did you have in mind for the digestive system?

God: I had one thought, hear me out here, what if we made it so sometimes it's really difficult to complete the digestive process and people have to push and strain really hard..

Angel: Yes, go on....

God: And by pushing hard whilst evacuating their "bowels", it causes them to burst blood vessels in their brain and they end up paralysed or dead. Not all the time, obviously, but I want that to be an option. Most of the time just make it ocassionally inconvenient and painful.

Angel: Of course, that's brilliant. You've thought of everything.

God: Ok, moving on to arse tumors in infants...

I can never get my head around God's reasoning for making the world so messy really weird ways.

Riddley Walker

At some point in the creation process, where God made the Earth and all the creatures there, he must have had to come up with concepts for his creation. I like to think of it like a meeting of designers, in this case God and his senior angel types, sitting around and plotting it all out.

God: Right, so we have the basic form of most of our big creatures sorted. That's two eyes, four limbs, mouth and nose in roughly the middle of the face and a digestive system. For the digestive system I was thinking an exceptionally complex series of thousands of miles of tubing and associated plumbing. And shits. I want my beings to produce dirty waste that they need to get rid of.

Angel: This digestive system. Is it going to be a really efficient process? Quite looking forward to seeing it in action.

God: No, no, no ha ha. I'm thinking it should constantly give people trouble, and be messy! Really messy. I think people should be ashamed of it and just not want to talk about it. Make sure that's a big thing, being ashamed of your body processes.

Angel: Great thinking, Lord. What kind of trouble did you have in mind for the digestive system?

God: I had one thought, hear me out here, what if we made it so sometimes it's really difficult to complete the digestive process and people have to push and strain really hard..

God: And by pushing hard whilst evacuating their "bowels", it causes them to burst blood vessels in their brain and they end up paralysed or dead. Not all the time, obviously, but I want that to be an option. Most of the time just make it ocassionally inconvenient and painful.

I can never get my head around God's reasoning for making the world so messy really weird ways.

"Not all the time, obviously, but I want that to be an option." :rofl:

Brilliant post :rofl:

Absolutely ****ing brilliant.

Jambo 4 Ever

http://bizstandardnews.com/2016/05/29/franklin-graham-accuses-obama-of-building-satanic-altar-in-white-house/

This guy claims God came to him in a dream....

Just another example... But this does sound a bit crazy!!

Watt-Zeefuik

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to parody the 24-hour news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

From the About page of that site.  This is one of these sites that's growing in number that claims to be satire, but what they're really doing is making clickbait that's sensational but just believable enough that people will click on it.  

That said, Franklin Graham (who is Billy Graham's son) is a complete f---wit and a pale imitation of his father, whom I disagreed with a lot but was almost always decent and kind. 

• 1 month later...

I hate that shit JiH. What makes her more special than the millions others in wheelchairs. Why her? Is that your sick and twisted god treating others better?

jambo lodge

Why on earth would anyone hate that someone got healed. Just because its outwith someone's experience or belief system does not invalidate what happened. Nothing worse than a closed atheistic mind set.  

Scientists are always telling us about the power of the mind.

And what about the placebo effect.

Anyway what does it matter to people that don't partake in this or religion. Leave people alone. Its like somebody said Robbo, King Kenny and Zico were all gods to me that I worshipped everytime I watched them.

Maple Leaf

http://healing.about.com/b/2010/12/30/delia-knox-walks-miracle-fraud-or-fluke.htm

Another example of a possible healing... Could thus have been made up too?

There are other possible explanations for the Delia Knox "miracle".  The ones mentioned above by aussieh are more likely.  There is also the possibility that it's been exaggerated, and that the woman did not have a spinal injury in the first place.

And something that has been asked before but is worth repeating; if the Christian god healed this Christian woman by miraculous means, why doesn't he heal all the other Christians who are confined to wheelchairs?

We should always be skeptical when we read of people using 'God's power', especially if money is involved.

Archived