Faith Healing

Jambo 4 Ever

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a strong believer in faith healing, I had faith in the Surgeon who operated, in the Oncologist who supervised Chemo and Radiation,  and faith in myself to overcome the foe, all were succesful for at least ten years, do the prophets cures last as long.

But what do people have to gain by lying they had been cured?

Church donations.

Der Kaiser

A faith healer cured my sex addiction. I haven't pestered anyone for sex since his help. Now I just sleep with him twice a day.

A faith healer cured my sex addiction. I haven't pestered anyone for sex since his help. Now I just sleep with him twice a day.

Genius.

cosanostra

Of course it doesn't work.

Dangerous people who are either mentally ill or charlatans.

Don't encourage them.

Jambo 4 Ever

Church donations.

I mean the members of the congraftion who claim they have been cured of the pain etc... Want do they have to gain from it?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I mean the members of the congraftion who claim they have been cured of the pain etc... Want do they have to gain from it?

Money.

How?

Do you think these fraudsters do it for free?  They prey on the docile.  Religion is created for money.

Fair play to them tho. If people are as stupid to give some whack job money for **** all then kudos.

Generic Username

Is that Destiny church on Gorgie Road not one of these razzle-dazzle type establishments with faith healers and the like.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

How?

How do you think? It's really not difficult to understand.

Jambo 4 Ever

A friend of the family who lives in Australia sent me these links to videos of one of their pastors (who is a prophet) who talks about healing in his services and does healing.  He apparently never asks for money, so what does he get out of it?  ...

The last 25 mins or so of this clip :

https://youtu.be/zMCcinruQAk

And this one:

https://youtu.be/vgUQfMfQaYU

A friend of the family who lives in Australia sent me these links to videos of one of their pastors (who is a prophet) who talks about healing in his services and does healing. He apparently never asks for money, so what does he get out of it? ...

And this one:

No collection plate?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

A friend of the family who lives in Australia sent me these links to videos of one of their pastors (who is a prophet) who talks about healing in his services and does healing. He apparently never asks for money, so what does he get out of it? ...

And this one:

So no money changes hands at that church? Don't believe it.

Edit, also he's not healing anyone. Just preying on the stupid, gullible and the sick.

And this one:

Genuine question here, how was it decided/verified that this chap is a prophet?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

And this one:

Also, if you were with someone who was hit by a car who would you call first? Paramedics or your pastor buddy?

I think it works to a degree if you really believe. I've found that I can make myself ill just by skiving work and telling them I AM ill. S'pose that's kind of the opposite. Faith sickness.

Bindy Badgy

The Derren Brown programme on these charlatans was good but depressing. Showed you exactly how they exploit people. On of the best tricks was getting blind people to see again. It worked on the basis that most people that are registered blind have a modicum of vision so you get them to do things they could do before they were "cured".

Clip showing how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71QAGrSivrY

Note that Brown is wearing a dark suit which contrasts with his white fingers. A black faith healer would wear white cloths so that they contrast with the colour of his fingers.

Watt-Zeefuik

Ones mental and emotional state can have a big impact ones physiology, so practices that calm and focus the mind can have major health benefits, and many people have found comfort in religion to help them get over addictions. 

As far as miracle cures that cause spontaneous physical changes, yeah, no, I'm out.

Is that Destiny church on Gorgie Road not one of these razzle-dazzle type establishments with faith healers and the like.

I always thought that was more of a Reverend Brown/Randy Watson/Sexual Chocolate kind of place.

I think Ray Parlour's approach to faith healers was spot on when Glenn Hoddle had him and the rest of the England squad sit down with Eileen Drury - short back and sides please love. Cost him a place in 98 World Cup squad but at least he treated it with the disdain it deserves.

Worked for me once.

I had a gammy knee which was fine mostly til I went on long walks. A medium (who took no money incidentally) laid her hands on my bad knee, as you do.

Never had a problem since

However I think it was bollocks. At the time I believed these things worked. And that is the crux of it all. My gammy knee pain was something that formed in my mind and prevailed until something "cured"it. What actually cured it was my mind expecting it to feel better after the healer healed me.

Things like that, psychosomatic problems will be healed if you believe someone can heal them. Just like sugar placebo pills for a headache if you believe they will work. The power of your own mind is incredible.

People charging money or even just saying they can cure are mostly charlatans. The others who be they are helping are usually deluded

Jambo-Jimbo

100% works.

I've seen umpteen times on the TV and Internet, faith healers etc, removing people's cancer through their mouths without operating on them, absolutly marvellous these people are.

And it has to be true because it was on the telly and all the people involved said it was true.

How gullible can people be?

As has been mentioned, go with a broken leg and get them to heal that instantly. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Are you being serious or is this a wind up?

Not a wind up at all!  I just don't see what 'healers' like him have to gain from lying

Jambo 4 Ever

Sir-Les-Wine-2.jpg.display.jpg

haha.... well I don't know what to make of it either - someone asked how they were decided they were a prophet... but according to their website:

The APC is made up of prophetic voices that already have some level of national or international recognition and influence as well as of apostles, national prayer leaders and emerging prophetic voices. While we acknowledge that there are no doubt other significant prophets in the nation, the APC has begun with those with whom we are relationally connected. By fostering these important relational connections across denominations, we hope to encourage and support the recognition of Australian Prophetic Voices.

http://www.australianpropheticcouncil.com.au/

'Prophet' sounds affy like 'profit'.

It's no coincidence.

Now now Ray Gin,  I sincerely hope you are not implying that the intentions of these 'good deeds' are financial?

I really wish these fraudsters would start getting some jail time.  Religion is the biggest business of all all and for 2,000 years it has earned more tax free money than anything ever in the entire world and every single penny has been from extortion or fraud.

I really want to go to the Destiny church with i8, it'd be a riot

Let's make a date.

Sadly, I pass this most days.  Sunday's are especially entertaining for watching mass brainwashing through the window.

See what gets me is all the advertising outside it.  How can advertising this bullshit qualify for tax exemption?  

Generic Username

Let's make a date.

Sadly, I pass this most days.  Sunday's are especially entertaining for watching mass brainwashing through the window.

See what gets me is all the advertising outside it.  How can advertising this bullshit qualify for tax exemption?  

It's on one of my running routes and depending on how late I'm out, there's usually a ridiculous amount of people either inside/piling into it.

I feel like we'd have a Blues Brothers moment if we went, seeing the light and back flipping down the isle.

Jambo 4 Ever

It's on one of my running routes and depending on how late I'm out, there's usually a ridiculous amount of people either inside/piling into it.

I feel like we'd have a Blues Brothers moment if we went, seeing the light and back flipping down the isle.

Haha

Why don't we arrange a mass jkb visit there?

Jambo 4 Ever

100% works.

I've seen umpteen times on the TV and Internet, faith healers etc, removing people's cancer through their mouths without operating on them, absolutly marvellous these people are.

And it has to be true because it was on the telly and all the people involved said it was true.

How gullible can people be?

As has been mentioned, go with a broken leg and get them to heal that instantly. 

Some suggest it is possible though:

http://www.lcoggt.org/Byrum%20E%20E/se100.htm

http://www.christian-faith.com/god-does-heal-amputees/

https://www.cai.org/testimonies/two-broken-arm-bones-healed

Bindy Badgy

Reliable sources.

Very reliable.

Jambo in Hamilton; if there was any evidence whatsoever of these claims they would be all over the major peer reviewed papers. Scientists would be queuing up to study this kind of stuff as the person that worked it out would be world famous and would make a killing from TV appearances and so on. The fact that these stories do not appear in a credible source tells you all you need to know.

The fact that you post these links as if they have any sort of credibility is why I think you're on the wind up.

Jambo 4 Ever

Very reliable.

Jambo in Hamilton; if there was any evidence whatsoever of these claims they would be all over the major peer reviewed papers. Scientists would be queuing up to study this kind of stuff as the person that worked it out would be world famous and would make a killing from TV appearances and so on. The fact that these stories do not appear in a credible source tells you all you need to know.

The fact that you post these links as if they have any sort of credibility is why I think you're on the wind up.

Thanks for your reply

Not on a wind up at all - I just know many people who believe it works and claim their pains etc have been healed...

Walter Payton

While I wouldn't say I believe in "faith healing", I do believe that the mind and body are closely interlinked and that some physical conditions can be caused by mental turmoil or unrest (Stressful situation at work leading to migraines etc). 

Without commenting on whether I personally agree or not I can recognise that some people, through faith, might believe their God is assisting them or that they don't need to stress anymore "because it's been handed over to God". I can then see that this might "heal" their physically related ailments.

Obviously doesn't explain cancers, broken bones etc!

Jambo 4 Ever

While I wouldn't say I believe in "faith healing", I do believe that the mind and body are closely interlinked and that some physical conditions can be caused by mental turmoil or unrest (Stressful situation at work leading to migraines etc). 

Without commenting on whether I personally agree or not I can recognise that some people, through faith, might believe their God is assisting them or that they don't need to stress anymore "because it's been handed over to God". I can then see that this might "heal" their physically related ailments.

Obviously doesn't explain cancers, broken bones etc!

Interesting comment - thanks for that!  A bit like the power of positive thinking too I suppose.  Have you ever been to a healing event / service??

Jambo-Jimbo

You can of course provide links to these stories from media outlets and or medical journals?

Surely these ?Miracles? would have been headline news or reported in medical circles.

Anyway there is a couple of things which stick out.

Firstly the story of the 6 year girl with the broken arm.

If it was a double fracture and there was a danger it wouldn?t heal properly, then surely surgery would have been performed, if of course it was as bad as the article claimed that it was.

Secondly, children tend to suffer from Greenstick Fractures, this is where the bone bends and partially splits rather than a full break such as an adult would suffer.  This is because generally up to the age of around 10 years old children?s bones are still soft and therefore are bendable without breaking.

Also because the bones don?t break but bend, they often heal within a few weeks.

I know when my son broke his arm, aged 6 it only took 3-4 weeks to heal, pretty much the same time frame as the ?Miracle? in the article took as well.

The second link.

Some people have more faith than others and as such believe that they will be healed or cured more than other folks will believe.

You must have heard of the Placebo Effect?

Sometimes people can have real physical symptoms, real pain, but if they trust and believe that this pill will cure them, often they get better, this has been documented thousands upon thousands of times. 

I don?t know if you have kids or not, but anybody who does will recognise this.

Your kid falls and hurts themselves, they are in real pain,  they?re crying , but you either rub or kiss it better and tell them that?s what you?ve just done and away they run as good as new, so does that make me a healer?  Of course not.   

All it does show is that the power of suggestion is often the most powerful thing there is. 

Nothing to do with God or Jesus or any Saints or indeed anything religious in any way shape or form.

Walter Payton

Interesting comment - thanks for that!  A bit like the power of positive thinking too I suppose.  Have you ever been to a healing event / service??

Once when I was a kid and was taken by a relative. Even at that young age it was easy to recognise the type of Charlatan that Derren Brown highlights. 

Not a wind up at all!  I just don't see what 'healers' like him have to gain from lying

he has a book, if he can fool people into believing him, then they will buy his book,

book sales = $$$$$

Jambo 4 Ever

he has a book, if he can fool people into believing him, then they will buy his book,

book sales = $$$$$

But an extra couple of books won't be worth all the hassle surely

Riddley Walker

I'm a faith healer JIH, PM me your card details and I'll heal anything you want.

Cheers man.

P.s. I'm getting nothing out of this, I'm just magic.

Archived