mixu now sacked

trex

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Mixu has been sacked hardly a surprise he had plenty off time to turn things around.

Best off starting three threads then.

CollyWolly

Might have saved them if his confidence hadn't been shattered when he got shouted at at Tynecastle.

A person of Hibernian persuasion. Born to lose and happy to prove it

The Treasurer

In the frame to take up the (tattered) reigns at ER once stubbsy gets head hunted by a top European side ?

Today's quote in the paper was him being the man to take Utd back up.

:rofl:

I don't take pleasure in anyone losing a job but that guys never a manager.

He was on to a loser the second he signed his contract.  I actually feel for the fans at that club because it is so badly run it makes the Vlad regime look like the Royal Navy.

Dundee United just put out a statement and there is no mention of Mixu having been sacked. Or anywhere else on their website. Strange.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Shan times for them. Just shows you how quickly things can all fall apart. Just two years ago they seemed to be a model for similarly sized clubs.

Mikey1874

Knocking Hibs out could clinch the job for Ray McKinnon seen as a United man

Mixu to Hibs

Shan times for them. Just shows you how quickly things can all fall apart. Just two years ago they seemed to be a model for similarly sized clubs.

Which is exactly what we need to take notice of.

We have spoken at length about bringing through youth academy products and selling them when the time is right for good money as well as signing other players who use us as a stepping stone to the English money.

Dundee Utd sold their academy products and foreign signings like Cifci for good money but it left them with a shell of a team that never recovered.

We need to be careful if we sell Walker, Paterson, Nicholson, Djoum etc we have proper replacements lined up and we are careful not to sell them all at once leaving us with a team of players who don't know each other.

Lessons to be learned.

Mikey1874

Dundee United just put out a statement and there is no mention of Mixu having been sacked. Or anywhere else on their website. Strange.

Statement includes

"I have backed managers with the third biggest budget in the league but the results have not been acceptable. In the near future many radical changes will be made to try to ensure our quick return to the top league"

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think jamboinglasgow said it the other day but they really could have done with a DOF structure like ours instead of that suicidal commission set up. McNamara might even have still been there as head coach.

Seymour M Hersh

Which is exactly what we need to take notice of.

We have spoken at length about bringing through youth academy products and selling them when the time is right for good money as well as signing other players who use us as a stepping stone to the English money.

Dundee Utd sold their academy products and foreign signings like Cifci for good money but it left them with a shell of a team that never recovered.

We need to be careful if we sell Walker, Paterson, Nicholson, Djoum etc we have proper replacements lined up and we are careful not to sell them all at once leaving us with a team of players who don't know each other.

Lessons to be learned.

The lesson is to avoid a total oik like Thomson at all costs. And is Cifci still at sellik?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mixu-paatelainen-axed-dundee-united-7887944#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$5#xGt4cvUVks04TW64.97

MIXU PAATELAINEN has been sacked by Dundee United after being relegated from the top flight of Scottish football.

Record Sport understands he has parted ways with the Tannadice club and it is expected to be confirmed in a statement released later this afternoon.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mixu-paatelainen-axed-dundee-united-7887944#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$5#xGt4cvUVks04TW64.97

MIXU PAATELAINEN has been sacked by Dundee United after being relegated from the top flight of Scottish football.

Record Sport understands he has parted ways with the Tannadice club and it is expected to be confirmed in a statement released later this afternoon.

Isn't it funny how they state as a fact he has been sacked then go on to say that they expect it to be confirmed later.  :unsure:

Isn't it funny how they state as a fact he has been sacked then go on to say that they expect it to be confirmed later. :unsure:

Typical of the Record.

Knocking Hibs out could clinch the job for Ray McKinnon seen as a United man

Mixu to Hibs

Think McKinnon would be a hot favourite but the former Head Gardener at Ibrox is still available.

jambogemz

So he's not actually been sacked and the statement from Utd confirms he's still there at present.

Typical of the wonderful journalists we have in Scotland

Mikey1874

So he's not actually been sacked and the statement from Utd confirms he's still there at present.

Typical of the wonderful journalists we have in Scotland

If Stephen Thompson has told people

Statement doesn't say Mixu is still there

Statement includes

"I have backed managers with the third biggest budget in the league but the results have not been acceptable. In the near future many radical changes will be made to try to ensure our quick return to the top league"

I presume this means that we should have actually finished 4th this season?

(if anyone listens to the bampots on here about where we finished this season and squad budgets...)

Third biggest budget in the League and they get relegated! Just shows what a desperate state Dundee Utd. are in and what a cracking job our own manager has done with fewer resources.

Mixu has been sacked hardly a surprise he had plenty off time to turn things around.

he's a shite manager anyway don't know why clubs always go for managers that have been at and been sacked by various clubs previously that's the spl manager merry go round for you, why spl clubs always go down that route I'll never know to many clubs shit scared to try something different

Neil Strevens

the Fat Fin has now left the Building

Pleased he's been sacked. They kicked us off the park in both Tannadice games this season.

We struggled v United this season

:facepalm:

Everyone else had them as their bitches.  And yet people are not entitled to question our management.

Mikey1874

Hearts third in league

Two very comfortable wins over United plus one really shit performance straight after the Hibs defeat.

he's a shite manager anyway don't know why clubs always go for managers that have been at and been sacked by various clubs previously that's the spl manager merry go round for you, why spl clubs always go down that route I'll never know to many clubs shit scared to try something different

It's what we are doing with Robbie. No more halfwitted dinosaurs or failed cone shifters as some would have us employ. We will develop our own coaches and bring fresh ideas to the table.

Mikey1874

It's what we are doing with Robbie. No more halfwitted dinosaurs or failed cone shifters as some would have us employ. We will develop our own coaches and bring fresh ideas to the table.

We treat players as adults, not children

I'm struggling to believe Thompson's continued assertion that United have third largest budget in the league.

When you look at the composition of their squad I fail to see how that's possible

communist

His inability to prepare substitutes, when a couple of Utd players were obviously injured and wanting off, then having a go at them when he eventually got round to organising a replacement was laughable. He deserves the sack, and I hope Dundee United return to the top as soon as possible.

His inability to prepare substitutes, when a couple of Utd players were obviously injured and wanting off, then having a go at them when he eventually got round to organising a replacement was laughable. He deserves the sack, and I hope Dundee United return to the top as soon as possible.

I agree I think a well run dundee utd has an important place in the top league. Hopefully they come up at the expense of Hibs.

Section Q

Not true according to STV. Statement to follow.

I'm struggling to believe Thompson's continued assertion that United have third largest budget in the league.

When you look at the composition of their squad I fail to see how that's possible

Their squad is huge, i think they have over 50 players, and most (if not all) of them are shite.

I'm sure DUFC have previous for releasing statements then contradicting then shortly after.

Newcastle Jets, the Aussie team that they were / weren't buying.

Gavin Gunning. "left by mutual consent" except that he's still there apparently

The Mixu mix up.

There is also the dodgy situation where McNamara's contract situation was leaked to the press.

Anyone know who's responsible for "Comms" at Tannadice?

Lego Knees

Mixu wage allegedly is ?4K a week and no relegation clause in his contract to allow Utd to bin him without paying that up, he will not walk unless a hefty payment is offered.

Also, Billy Mackay is on ?15k a week at Wigan and Utd are picking up half of that as part of loan deal. Crazy !!!!

I'm sure utd bought mckay outright for 150k did they not ? Someone else may know. Sure he's there player

I'm sure utd bought mckay outright for 150k did they not ? Someone else may know. Sure he's there player

From Wikipedia.

DUndee United (loan)

On 27 August 2015, Dundee United agreed a fee of around ?200,000 with Wigan to sign Mckay.[65] He signed for Dundee United the following day, but on a season-long loan deal rather than a permanent contract having reportedly failed to negotiate a severance agreement with Wigan.[66] One day after signing for the club, Mckay made his debut in a 2?1 defeat away to Ross County.

Son Of Anarchy

Wonder how much is down to Mixu and how much is down to the players? Rumours of players downing tools etc. Shambles no matter what!

Wonder how much is down to Mixu and how much is down to the players? Rumours of players downing tools etc. Shambles no matter what!

Probably a bit of both. The likes of Gavin Gunning wouldn't have helped.

Archived