Football intelligence

gooders

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with the criticism of Robbies over thinking everything, I believe the players must take some of the blame for lack of thought as well.

On Saturday the amount of times a celtic player brought the ball down and looked for a pass was many times more than our boys. Too often there was a rash header or a huge volley clear. Also prince would rather beat the whole team than pass it and then get caught in possession.

As kids you're taught not to turn your back on the ball or move into space for a pass. This is not what we do. Thoughts.

Nucky Thompson

I opened this thread expecting to read about a special police unit or another grass hotline

Rudolf's Mate

Look at the various threads about various players and you'll see most haven't escaped criticism. 

Regardless of the errors, football is about results and it's yet another game we've failed to turn up for. Another big game. The manager is rightly being questioned IMO as are others.

One moment amongst many on Saturday stuck out for me.

I think it was the lead up to their chalked off goal.

Roberts wandered into the box between two Hearts players who could clearly see him. Not one player reacted by getting closer to him or tracking his run.

Bemusing at times some things you see from professional players. Lack of awareness or reaction costs goals as much as mistakes.

Bazzas right boot

I tend to agree, but if players a are playing a fluid, natural game, the decision making is natural and fluid and make better football decisions, too may times this season the players look confused and awkward, often after playing well in a different set up or position the week before or sometimes even in the same game.

I think this is the frustration, Dundee away into St Johnstone at home was a good example.

A good performance one week, several changes, and the players looked lost, like they didn't know what they were meant to be  doing, very strange.

The players do have to take some responsibility,( I'm not in the Robbie out brigade) however far too often this season the team looks awkward, un balanced and this in turn effects the players and performance, despite this we ended up third, next season is the crunch for me.

I get the feeling the players pitch up at the training ground and say -

"Right what feckin wonderful formation has Robbie dreamed up this week!"

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think people are placing far too much importance on the last few weeks. Man City are a good English example of a club focused only on one thing. Watford are another club whose season petered out when the target was achieved. Rangers have done nothing since winning the league, but managed to beat Celtic.

There is nothing to play for, gunning down Aberdeen was not really a motivation. The job was done and they have switched off, take my advice and not take the final 2 weeks very seriously.

amadjambo

I think people are placing far too much importance on the last few weeks. Man City are a good English example of a club focused only on one thing. Watford are another club whose season petered out when the target was achieved. Rangers have done nothing since winning the league, but managed to beat Celtic.

There is nothing to play for, gunning down Aberdeen was not really a motivation. The job was done and they have switched off, take my advice and not take the final 2 weeks very seriously.

Stopping Celtic winning the title on our patch should have been all the motivation any Hearts player ever needed.

KineticBeat

Stopping Celtic winning the title on our patch should have been all the motivation any Hearts player ever needed.

They didn't.

amadjambo

They didn't.

:lol:

Aye, OK. Technically, but Aberdeen won't win their final games 10-0 or whatever to stop them

They won it on Saturday as shown by Griffiths celebrating by lifting an imaginary trophy right in front of us.

Rudolf's Mate

It's not been the final 2 weeks though has it? Even before the 'job was done' there had been far too many bad performances. 

How can you say that trying to get into 2nd place was not a motivation bearing in mind the prize money, and getting into a more advance Europa round?

Anyway the negative approach and tinkering from Neilson has been going on all season - as far back as the first game at Dens where he had Osturk playing as a midfield maestro! 

Saturday was a perfect example. Again he over thinks his tactics, gets it all wrong, and we are out of the game.  Again he has to scrap the plan and go for a conventional 4-4-2 and surprise, surprise we are back in the game!

KineticBeat

:lol:

Aye, OK. Technically, but Aberdeen won't win their final games 10-0 or whatever to stop them

They won it on Saturday as shown by Griffiths celebrating by lifting an imaginary trophy right in front of us.

They won it ages ago, Thought it was weird how they celebrated on Saturday as it would only have been confirmed after the Aberdeen result regardless of the result at Tynecastle.

John Findlay

How can you say that trying to get into 2nd place was not a motivation bearing in mind the prize money, and getting into a more advance Europa round?

Anyway the negative approach and tinkering from Neilson has been going on all season - as far back as the first game at Dens where he had Osturk playing as a midfield maestro!

Saturday was a perfect example. Again he over thinks his tactics, gets it all wrong, and we are out of the game. Again he has to scrap the plan and go for a conventional 4-4-2 and surprise, surprise we are back in the game!

Football intelligence. Not something you have been blessed with.

Four faces

One moment amongst many on Saturday stuck out for me.

I think it was the lead up to their chalked off goal.

Roberts wandered into the box between two Hearts players who could clearly see him. Not one player reacted by getting closer to him or tracking his run.

Bemusing at times some things you see from professional players. Lack of awareness or reaction costs goals as much as mistakes.

Yep.Was watching it happen and thought,this is exactly how he got two goals at parkhead and we still don't react.The defence don't play or react as a unit.Off topic slightly but Kazim Richards first goal for celtic comes against us.You don' f****** say?.Has Roberts scored against anyone else?.

They won it ages ago, Thought it was weird how they celebrated on Saturday as it would only have been confirmed after the Aberdeen result regardless of the result at Tynecastle.

They couldn't celebrate at Ibrox, so they see Tynecastle as the next best thing.

amadjambo

Yep.Was watching it happen and thought,this is exactly how he got two goals at parkhead and we still don't react.The defence don't play or react as a unit.Off topic slightly but Kazim Richards first goal for celtic comes against us.You don' ******* say?.Has Roberts scored against anyone else?.

Roberts, 3 goals all against us.

If Robbie played a settled formation I think the players would have a much better understanding of their role in the team. As it is, there is so much chopping and changing on a weekly basis I think many of the players look confused.

Football intelligence. Not something you have been blessed with.

What did he say that wasn't true?

Archived