Reilly

Bambo Badonde

For the life of me I just cannot fathom what Neilson is playing at with Reilly.

He was in the team week after week putting in inept performances. Robbie sticks by him, then Reilly puts in some MOM performances and you could see his confidence building - then Robbie drops him!!

I know Duada scored a cracker however he is not the future, and will be off at the end of the season.  We have Reilly on a contract but if we do not play him how will he build on his confidence and experience??  Baffling.

Robbie done the same with Juanma at the start of the season, Juanma was scoring goals and playing well, he got dropped for Reilly when Gavin wasn't on form. once Gavin started looking good Juanma got back in and he wasn't playing well. very strange way to manage, if your players on form, why stop playing him??

Don't think you are right. Juanma had a run of games it in form and then got sent off. Reilly came in at this time and did well.

Anyway I agree with this thread - seems that Reilly deserved more time second half of the season.

Livvyjambo

For the life of me I just cannot fathom what Neilson is playing at with Reilly.

He was in the team week after week putting in inept performances. Robbie sticks by him, then Reilly puts in some MOM performances and you could see his confidence building - then Robbie drops him!!

I know Duada scored a cracker however he is not the future, and will be off at the end of the season. We have Reilly on a contract but if we do not play him how will he build on his confidence and experience?? Baffling.

Good post

To make matters worse they have done the exact opposite with others that have struggled . Sam needed taken out months ago but is now at a point where his confidence is shot to pieces ( transfer fee will be rock bottom now ) , shocking man management , we can all see it . Now souttar who was at fault for 2 goals v saints , had a poor game st Motherwell last week and was rotten on Saturday at fault for 2 goals. His confidence will have dropped and maybe he needs some help to be left out for a game or 2 .

Reilly should be battering the door down or should be looking to leave . Disgraceful treatment unless there is something we don't know about

Bootzilla

When he started to get a run he looked like he could turn out to be one of our better signings. Seems to have a good engine and ability to get in peoples faces - which in this league is a good quality.  People tend to make up their mind right off an then be selective with the evidence - he can't score if he's not playing - not proven. I'm actually sick of Juanma - flashes of skill - then a lot of lumbering about whining.

Bambo Badonde

Again, What is going on??? He looked decent in the 1st 45mins then was subbed...

Why play Dauda for 90 when he is (hopefully) not going to be here next season???

Again, What is going on??? He looked decent in the 1st 45mins then was subbed...

Why play Dauda for 90 when he is (hopefully) not going to be here next season???

He wasn't decent, he was crap!

Dauda was crap! Both are not what is required.

Jambof3tornado

This. Robbie ruining Reilly by not giving him a chance.

Yet continues to play Sam...also to his detriment.

If our so called passing style is to lob bombs from our own half then Reilly and Dauda would be as well calling it quits.

He wasn't decent, he was crap!

Dauda was crap! Both are not what is required.

Hardly crap. Tried to make something happen from poor service when he wasn't getting knocked over by the Ross Co defenders. Feel sorry for the lad and agree should have lasted on longer than Dauda.

Phil Dunphy

Both Reilly and Dauda looked completely ineffectual today.

I honestly blame the midfield, it's far too unbalanced. They do zero in the way of creating chances for the forwards. Too much in favour of digging in and winning the ball, no creativity to go with it.

Completely ineffectual. A very poor signing.

That said he could be forgiven for being rusty given lack of time on the park recently. Slightly better than the awful Dauda today.

stevie1874

Think it's time for him to move on, I don't think he'll cut it at this level he has pace, but his control of a ball is nowhere near good enough and that's something you can't teach someone at his age.

mixerchris

He is nowhere near good enough and should be moved on at the end of the season.

Absolutely zero strikers instinct. 

Jambof3tornado

I'd have moved him wide today at halftime and hooked Sam.

Reilly hasnt had enough gametime for me to dismiss him. Thats down to Robbie.

Joe Hearts

I actually thought he was one of our best players in the first half, know that doesn't mean much. But he did at least cause them a few problems.

Hardly crap. Tried to make something happen from poor service when he wasn't getting knocked over by the Ross Co defenders. Feel sorry for the lad and agree should have lasted on longer than Dauda.

Ok he's ducking hopeless! Won't score can't score!

CRWJambo1991

We should be looking at two strikers at least in the summer for tactical adjustments during games.

A striker similar to Sow who has pace, sell Reilly and sign a player similar to him who can keep pressing the opposition and can also finish.

Juanma is frustrating, 12 goals isn't a bad total with two games still to go plus he was a free agent. However he doesn't do anything for the team

Shooter McGavin

His work rate is incredible when compared to Juanma and Dauda but I agree with others on here that he causes little goal threat.

JeanLouisValois84

He's not good enough I'm afraid, can see him away at the end of the season much like Keatsy last year. Would do the same with Nicholson too, completely ineffectual and has been for most of the season.

CRWJambo1991

He's not good enough I'm afraid, can see him away at the end of the season much like Keatsy last year. Would do the same with Nicholson too, completely ineffectual and has been for most of the season.

I think a few of the players honestly thought the championship to the SPL would be a stroll in the park. How wrong they were

I think a few of the players honestly thought the championship to the SPL would be a stroll in the park. How wrong they were

There are quite a few fans who thought the same, and a lot of them reside on here

amadjambo

We should be looking at two strikers at least in the summer for tactical adjustments during games.

A striker similar to Sow who has pace, sell Reilly and sign a player similar to him who can keep pressing the opposition and can also finish.

Juanma is frustrating, 12 goals isn't a bad total with two games still to go plus he was a free agent. However he doesn't do anything for the team

I can only imagine Juanma walking along Princes St. He'd be rolling about the pavement every couple of steps as someone will have bumped into him. Cannot stand watching this guy and his pathetic theatrics. That shit should have been knocked out of him by the club long before now. Hope we get rid in the summer.

jambo1975

Boy was hung out to dry today. First game in ages, team not up for it and hooked at half time. Will be away next season I reckon. Shame as there is a player in there somewhere I think.

I like his graft but he probably is a decent level Championship player. To back up my argument he was doing fine harassing the defence into mistakes against a decent Championship side in the Scottish Cup until he was moved to right midfield and their centre halves were allowed to stroll about like Baresi and Beckenbauer!

The boy will never do. I keep hearing about his work rate and the running he does. If that's the criteria then we'd be as well putting in a middle distance runner up front! The problem with football though is that when you're asked to do something you need to use your feet. His first touch is appalling, his link up play non existent and will regularly go through his whole appearance without actually having an attempt at goal.

He plays and looks like a guy who knows he's out of his depth. I think one of RN's chats about not getting enough game time next season needs to be had. I get the feeling that Reilly would be relieved to get away and get back to the Championship.

Championship level player I'm afraid. Plenty energy and little else.

Bazzas right boot

He was much better than Duada.

Really Perplexing why we persist with a loan player who is leaving, over our own player.

He was no where near the worst player in the first half yesterday, to single him out is just typical. Involved in the few good things and was always an option.

Nielson needs to get a settled team, at least 9/10 players and play them each week, the constant tinkering of formations and player positions is just hanging them out to dry and helping no one.

Livvyjambo

He was much better than Duada.

Really Perplexing why we persist with a loan player who is leaving, over our own player.

He was no where near the worst player in the first half yesterday, to single him out is just typical. Involved in the few good things and was always an option.

Nielson needs to get a settled team, at least 9/10 players and play them each week, the constant tinkering of formations and player positions is just hanging them out to dry and helping no one.

No doubt the loan dictates 80 percent playing time remember paul McCallum lol

Joe Hearts

Boy was hung out to dry today. First game in ages, team not up for it and hooked at half time. Will be away next season I reckon. Shame as there is a player in there somewhere I think.

Was thinking along these lines also. I thought he was to doing OK considering. Whatever confidence the guy had it will surely be shot now, if nothing else for his own sanity he needs to move on. So much for bringing players in to develop and sell on.

BroughtyJambo

Initially I thought Reilly could be a player but it hasn't worked. The odd game here and there where his pace and nuisance work has worked really well (2-2 Celtic game) but way too light weight.

Tried the high ball....to him yesterday and he can't stand his ground or at least back into the defender. Then when it went to his feet he has slightly better ball control than Dauda (but that ain't saying much).

But then he was easily tackled or played a poor ball.

Very good championship player that just hasn't made the step up. Time to cut our losses.

He'll be finding a new club this summer. Just not good enough for this level.

Seymour M Hersh

Completely ineffectual. A very poor signing.

That said he could be forgiven for being rusty given lack of time on the park recently. Slightly better than the awful Dauda today.

Sort of agree with this. He was put through in the first half but instead of cutting across the defender and attacking the goal he took the ball even wider. Not got a goalscorer's natural instinct imo. Like his enthusiasm and energy though.

Nelly Terraces

His fresh air swipe at the ball when it was cut back to him in the box says it all for me - seems a nice lad, and works his socks off, but just not nearly good enough I'm afraid.

Phil Dunphy

Folk clamouring for a new striker.

I'd rather we signed a midfield who can create chances for forwards to try and score.

Archived