Perry Kitchen

Juanjo

RedStarRiot

but they didn't have to play against crap teams like Killie Hamilton and Dundee Utd . We would be far better off in these type of games with box to box midfielders

Well they did to an extent really. Just the fact they play at a higher level. These types are important in the modern game. Most top teams have a player in this mould.

I think with kitchen we should play with him holding and can then afford to play a much more attack minded other cm.

RedStarRiot

I think with kitchen we should play with him holding and can then afford to play a much more attack minded other cm.

Yeah, I go along with this

Looks a good signing so far. Great work rate and desire.

Does the dirty work which should allow us to play more offensive minded players

Yeah, I go along with this

See if the management turn round and say we're playing with 4 big defenders, full backs not pushing on much, kitchen sitting in front of back 4 breaking up play, but the other outfield players allowed to go and attack with freedom, inter-changing, rotating etc, I'd be delighted.

Rocky jamboa

I thought he played well today. Only gripe is he could be a bit more adventurous with his distribution at times. A lot of side or back passes. One of our best players today though

JKB - 

Got home to see the game yesterday, and lacking visibility on other performances, but as we approach transfer season I wanted to float the idea that we basically hand the shopping list over to Perry Kitchen and let him steer the activity in the market. 

Strikes me that he's one of our most skilled players and a midfielder who 'bosses the job'. Many other clubs have taken this approach - find a midfield general, make him an anchor and then bolt on what he needs to make the midfield work. 

Risky? Yes. A sure shot to success? No. But ...there was way too much hoof ball yesterday which is shocking and not needed, and getting that corrected would be the first of many building blocks towards a proper league title campaign - which is not out of our reach. 

Celtic were p*ss poor yesterday, that's what struck me. Our hoof ball and backwards passing allowed a p*ss poor team to beat us 1-3  at home. Given the likely shake out / shake in over the summer, I'd let Perry have a say to make sure we never play hoof ball or pass backwards again. 

We're too good to resort to crap tactics. The solution comes from midfield. This man. 

Eumir Deodato 

417745-perry-kitchen.jpg

Hearts007

Anchor in the Kitchen..your just trying to butter him up...very good player anyway

loveofthegame

He was very good on whole (save for his part in costin us second goal apart) but he loves a backwards pass so certainly won't cut that out.

Give him and Djoum a proper preseason and both could be incredible.

I think for a midfield 3, we need another player. Djoum & Kitchen are unbelievably good. I don't think Buaben or Cowie really have what we need tbh.

He was very good on whole (save for his part in costin us second goal apart) but he loves a backwards pass so certainly won't cut that out.

Give him and Djoum a proper preseason and both could be incredible.

Fair comment, but the backward passing comes from the movement around him.

For example, around the 80th minute Celtic had forward movement and the player on the ball, centre of the park moving into the box had a player to his left that was 'beyond the gain line' to pass towards. Cleverly, a support player came upfield at pace to collect meaning (i) they passed forward, (ii) the receiving player latched onto it at pace and (iii) he had immediate support behind him to work out delivering into the box. Celtic were good at this, highlights may show this particular example. 

Nothing particularly outstanding about this motion, but simply want to point out that Hearts failed to execute this off-the-ball movement all game. Most passes took us backwards, most hoofballs did not result in attacks on goals. 

We hand the responsibility for player recruitment over to a player who's been in the country 5 minutes.

Eureka!!! Why has no one thought of this before??

chester copperpot

I would build my whole midfield around this guy.

Superb.

I think we will get big bucks for him and Djoum.

Don't want to roll out the cliche but he has been building match fitness as he goes from not playing for a while before he joined and he has come in and settled quickly.

Think he will be a key player for us next year

We hand the responsibility for player recruitment over to a player who's been in the country 5 minutes.

Eureka!!! Why has no one thought of this before??

At the other extreme is handing responsibility to Craig Levein and hoofing the ball up the park to a Spanish oaf who did nothing with nothing. 

Eureka!!! Why has no one thought of this before???

socrates82

At the other extreme is handing responsibility to Craig Levein and hoofing the ball up the park to a Spanish oaf who did nothing with nothing. 

Levein not due a bit of credit for signing Kitchen and some others? Him, Djoum, Souttar, Ozturk and Sow have been some of our best signings in recent years.

I know Juanma's not everyone's cup of tea but, apart from Sow, he's our only striker with over 10 premier league goals in a season in over 10 years. Think Velicka was the last. I'm not his biggest fan but considering how poor we've been in the striking department for ages, he's not done too badly.

Perry has made the US preliminary 40 man roster for this summer's Copa America, good stuff!

Perry has made the US preliminary 40 man roster for this summer's Copa America, good stuff!

Hope he makes it. Will be great watching it.

moonraker

He is decent but plays a boring roll. As others have said we don't really need a holding midfielder in many games

How many teams these days play with absolutely no holding midfield players?

Buffalo Bill

Met him today at the signing session, had a wee chat and even got him to pose for a selfie.

A very polite and friendly young man.

Hope he makes it. Will be great watching it.

He should. His most direct competition for the DM role likely comes from Jermaine Jones and Kyle Beckerman, both who are getting on in age, so he has a decent shot as one of the longer term options in the US midfield. Only downside of him being in Copa is he would likely miss some of Europa League, but we'll see.

HeartOfWestLothian

I have been very impressed with him. If this is the standard of player we will bring in in the summer then we won't be far away! 

Stewart MacD

He should. His most direct competition for the DM role likely comes from Jermaine Jones and Kyle Beckerman, both who are getting on in age, so he has a decent shot as one of the longer term options in the US midfield. Only downside of him being in Copa is he would likely miss some of Europa League, but we'll see.

20th June is 1st qualifying round. Will Copa be over by then?

Stewart MacD

My headline for next season in "Kitchen sinks Cummings" (in a cup of course, as they won't be in the SPL).

US plays their last group stage match on the 11th and if they were to even make it out of group play, the final is June 26th. I'd imagine he'd be given some time off after if he's in the squad; however, he did have an extended offseason this past year with MLS ending in November and him not signing until February, so maybe he wouldn't need too much time off.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Very impressed. I think he'll grow even more in confidence and join attacks when he realises the players in the opposition are not as good as he first thought. :lol:

Klinsmann loves both those guys--especially Beckerman for whatever reason.  Could see Perry making the squad but not playing much.

Unknown user

You think putting an experienced and knowledgeable former international manager in place as director of football is as extreme as giving a 24 year old player who's played less than 10 games for the club responsibility for recruitment?

You might not like Levein, but that's one dumb idea!

Mon 20th June is when the Europa qualifiers draw is made, with the first game on Thur 30th June.

The Copa Am?rica final is on Mon 27th June.

Howdy Doody Jambo

I'm not convinced yet very sideways and back, partly at fault for the 2nd goal on Saturday, we don't need a deep holding player in midfield at Tynecastle we lost 3 goals at the weekend, would like to see him make more forward creative passes, looks a great competitor, he's obviously still settling in and will get better

Clerry Jambo

By: Hearts Media on 02 May, 2016 09:10

Perry Kitchen has been named in the United States? provisional 40-man Copa America squad.

The midfielder, impressive in a maroon shirt following his arrival at the club in March, will be in the frame for the chance to play in the centenary year of the Copa America, which will be held in the US for the first time.

National team coach Jurgen Klinsmann will cut down his squad to 23 by May 20th, with the tournament starting on June 3rd and lasting until the 26th.

If selected for the final squad, Perry can look forward to group games against Colombia, Costa Rica and Paraguay.

Bazzas right boot

Kitchen, Djoum and another quality ball playing midfeilder would  be great,

He can become a important part of our team if we recruit well elswhere.

The Future's Maroon

Will only boost his confidence being named in the provisional 40, lets hope he can make the final 23 man squad.

Watt-Zeefuik

Klinsmann loves both those guys--especially Beckerman for whatever reason.  Could see Perry making the squad but not playing much.

I think this may be the year Jones finally makes way.  I feel like he's been around since the Nixon administration.

I think Kitchen will make the squad and probably get some decent playing time, but you're right, Klinsmann may run out the dinosaurs again.  (I am seriously done with Klinsmann as head coach of the team.  Let him keep his head of overall strategy role, but get him off the touchline.)

Half time pie

One of the big differences he brings is ambition. Always looking to work hard and get the job done without whining. Some of his team mates should take a leaf out of his book.

Williejimieson30yarder

I like him. Think he's a good player. Would be good to see him and Djoum with a box to box player beside them. No disrespect to Prince but i think he will be the odd one out if they sign a box to box Hartley/Cameron type in the summer.

Met him today at the signing session, had a wee chat and even got him to pose for a selfie.

A very polite and friendly young man.

Agreed-had a wee chat with him yesterday as well-seems to be really enjoying life in Edinburgh.

Perth to Paisley

Biggest complaint about Perry is that he has played twice against Celtic and still not snapped either Brown or Griffiths.

Room for improvement

I think for a midfield 3, we need another player. Djoum & Kitchen are unbelievably good. I don't think Buaben or Cowie really have what we need tbh.

This is where I am at. A mobile play maker to go with Djoum and Kitchen and we would have a great midfield. I know they don't come around often, but a Cameron, Hartley or Skacel type with those two for company would run tings in midfield.

Archived