Nielson must go!

Fenerjambo

siegementality

Neilson simply doesn't have what it takes to take us to the next level. We'll continue to struggle if he remains in charge.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people still going on about last season or the seasond before it. We are where we are now and have a squad easily capable of more. It is what's happening now that is worrying many of us. It's just not good enough.

Our recovery won't be a perfectly exponential curve. As long as overall, we're making progress, then our performances going up and down in the very short term I can live with.

Nelly Terraces

Know at least 4 folk who couldn't be bothered going today, I was actually a bit late, but home before the final whistle. What home games are left at home this seaz? Who cares. Utterly tedious season from start to finish and really can't be bothered going to either.

Why are people still going on about last season or the seasond before it. We are where we are now and have a squad easily capable of more. It is what's happening now that is worrying many of us. It's just not good enough.

Do we? 

I though they were all huddies, duds, Leveins mates, or past it. Others are just lazy and most can't play a simple pass to a teammate. 

What more were they capable of? 

The Internet

That's how it works...

There are plenty managers out there and eventually we will get one who doesn't capitulate in big games or constantly tinker.

That shouldn't be how it works. I'd rather we gave the manager time (which is more than two years) to actually build something, which I appreciate is an astoundingly mental concept in modern football.

Auld Reekin'

What from the post you quoted stands out as Turkish?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The username.

Neilson simply doesn't have what it takes to take us to the next level. We'll continue to struggle if he remains in charge.

Based on winning the league last year at a canter and securing third place in the top flight by the split.

So far I'd recon he has surpassed expectation of most supporters.

Pants Shaton

Remember when Hearts hadn't won anything in nearly 40 years?

Remember mid-week games in the 90s with fewer than 7000 fans?

Remember when we nearly ceased to exist and then got relegated (this one should be easier - it was 2 years ago)?

I think I'll hold off and see how we do next season before I lose my shit.

The Internet

Know at least 4 folk who couldn't be bothered going today, I was actually a bit late, but home before the final whistle. What home games are left at home this seaz? Who cares. Utterly tedious season from start to finish and really can't be bothered going to either.

Seaz mate.

siegementality

This man's got it.

Change of manager won't change anything (apart from managers name).

That's quite simply garbage. There may be a long term plan in place but that doesn't mean that everyone involved in the plan at its inception will be there on its conclusion. If the plan relies on any one person then the plan is flawed.

I don't give a shit what his team talks are like. He gets judged on results, nothing else.

Correct. But team talks are part of management and part of motivating a team. Maybe Robbie is brilliant, although I've seen enough performances this season to make me wonder about our motivation.

This man's got it.

Change of manager won't change anything (apart from managers name).

for the manager to allow DOF to tell him how his team should play tells me that he has no pride or dignity in himself any manager in his right mind wouldn't stand for this unless you like taking orders or your desperate for the job which was his first of course maybe he saw this as getting his foot in the management door and just allowed himself to roll with it

for the manager to allow DOF to tell him how his team should play tells me that he has no pride or dignity in himself

Maybe they agree. 

Maybe that's why the coach(es) are picked, because they agree.

No our squad is not capable of more, there is no real quality or balance in the team. It looks like what it is a half assembled team with a lot of potential that needs more additions before it does something special.

Third was the best we could get this season and we finger blasted it. There is no Neilson problem it's your and the other members of the plane flyers clubs lack of perspective.

KineticBeat

Know at least 4 folk who couldn't be bothered going today, I was actually a bit late, but home before the final whistle. What home games are left at home this seaz? Who cares. Utterly tedious season from start to finish and really can't be bothered going to either.

Yeah it is really tedious securing Europe in your first season in the top flight with one of our best point tallys/goals scored in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The phoodle brigade out on mass i see.

Looks like they have planned a well co-ordinated thread to make it look like lots of hearts fans want him out.

MacDonald Jardine

Looks like they have planned a well co-ordinated thread to make it look like lots of hearts fans want him out.

FFS Paranoia or what?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Albert Tatlock

And what is the next level...win the league next season , cups and into Europe again.....Totally deluded.

We won the league by a canter last season, finished third this, and in Europe....but not good enough. Aye ok.

It's the overall demeanour of the team that concerns me.

Not enough energy being put into the game and this is a regular occurrence.

There's no real winners in the team. Guys who can take the game by the scruff from the start or equally respond when not playing well.

Also, when the performance isn't great we don't seem to have the manager or personnel who show the resilience , guile or endeavour to make something happen from nothing.

Europe secured before the split on the fifth largest budget (est.) in the top flight the first year after promotion.

No pleasing some people.

Fifth? Celtic and Aberdeen will have bigger, but who are the other two?

Not that it matters as sacking a manager after this and last season would be daft.

Ferryjambo99

Perspective is needed. We could be where hibs are, they have a bigger budget and a relatively young coach, we could be in the championship still and looking at a possible third season in the championship but we're not. We've been successful, winning the championship and a stable season in the top flight. Yes some performances have been poor and boring but in my opinion the positives outweigh the negatives and we've seen exciting football at times this season. Removing Neilson will be detrimental to the stability we've created and this stability will allow us to build a fantastic club

John mcCartney

And what is the next level...win the league next season , cups and into Europe again.....Totally deluded.

We won the league by a canter last season, finished third this, and in Europe....but not good enough. Aye ok.

you do the great name of albert great shame bud

its the manner of the defeats,the tinkering,the demeanour,the ****ing away form  which is pissing us donators off

it aint ****ing good enough yeah

siegementality

You've answered your own question so you obviously get it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's the overall demeanour of the team that concerns me.

Not enough energy being put into the game and this is a regular occurrence.

There's no real winners in the team. Guys who can take the game by the scruff from the start or equally respond when not playing well.

Also, when the performance isn't great we don't seem to have the manager or personnel who show the resilience , guile or endeavour to make something happen from nothing.

I agree with what you're saying, it sometimes takes a manager to loose the rag and start showing some passion from the touchline to motivate the players. Sometimes it's about how you say things, not what they say. If we want to compete next season we need a team of workers that will always put more effort in than the opposition. We won't win anything on tactics and ability alone.

It's the constant changing and poor attempt to out think other managers thats really getting to me. If Patterson is fit he has to play, he our most influential player most games. Also almost ever time he has started with Cowie, at home at least. He has looked poor and been subbed.

Do many of these players actually want to play for the Hearts? Do they care? Do they 'get' Hearts?

I venture there's not many.

gorgieheart

Aye that Bobby nelson is pure nae gid likes eh !

Why could we not have attacked the first half like we did the second?

It's a nothing game why so conservative?

The last three performances have epitomised what has gone wrong this season.

I don't expect us to win every game but have a go!

It's becoming boring.

He's way out of his depth. He has been found out this season and we will not progress any further with him, in fact we are far more,likely to go backwards from here. Hasnt got a clue at the high level he is being asked to perform at. Must go sooner or later, probably later unfortunately.

Albert Tatlock

its the manner of the defeats,the tinkering,the demeanour,the ******* away form which is pissing us donators off

it aint ******* good enough yeah

oh ah grantona

I'm still 100% behind Neilson.

Those wanting to sack him are very short term thinkers. It'll cost us money, it'll destabilise our recovering setup, it'll send the wrong message (3rd after being promoted not good enough?!), it'll make us less likely to win any Europa League qualifiers as a new manager would need time to settle.

Just stand back, and look at the overall picture. What's happened, how the club recovered, how behind the scenes is being run now. Sacking a manager would not be a good thing right now.

Will it cost us more money than we have lost from

1. Scottish cup run

2. 2nd place in league

And he's not praying

Fifth? Celtic and Aberdeen will have bigger, but who are the other two?

Not that it matters as sacking a manager after this and last season would be daft.

Dundee Utd and St Johnstone apparently.

Rangers and Hibs in the Championship, also.

Dundee Utd and St Johnstone apparently.

Rangers and Hibs in the Championship, also.

Four lovely words - Hibs in the Championship.

Albert Tatlock

its the manner of the defeats,the tinkering,thedemeanour,the ******* away form which ispissing us donators off

I donate, and a ST holder.

Robbie is a new/young manager. I think what he has achieved is fantastic. Yes, he is up for criticism, but all in all he has done a decent job with what he took on two seasons ago.

So who would you have as Manager for next season, seriously?

it aint ******* good enough yeah

gorgieheart

Is it not Bob Wilson?

Aye him tae...wage feefz aww o thum

FarmerTweedy

How much more do we need to see before this balloon of a manager is emptied. No heart, no tactics, no entertainment, no atmosphere, cup exits terrible,empty seats now appearing, woeful defending etc etc. Does Anne Budge fancy him or are too many of us living in a fantasy world with the most spineless clueless clown we have had in charge. Not one of these players are motivated by him and it's embarrassing. We pay a lot and put a lot into this club and Nielson will not take us forward. Get him out!!

This is satire, right?

JamboJohn1874

I can't believe the denial some people live with.

There are clearly lots of people who don't think Neilson is the man to take us forward any more. Whether you wish the manager to continue our not, you sold not deny the fact that many think Neilson has had his time.

The Real Maroonblood

There are clearly lots of people who don't think Neilson is the man to take us forward any more. Whether you wish the manager to continue our not, you sold not deny the fact that many think Neilson has had his time.

Where's the thread you started?

Phil Dunphy

If we have another season like 97/98 where we finish 3rd but 7 points off winning the title that would be more than acceptable.

We didn't beat Septic or the old Rangers in the league that season either.

Comparing this season to one where we actually ended with a trophy?

:laugh:

A quick look at the stats for this fixture over the past 40-odd years I've been going to Hearts games might give a wee clue as to why today's result didn't really come as a bolt-out-of-the-blue or the shock of a lifetime for me. Disappointing? Yes. A huge surprise? Unfortunately not... Many more experienced managers than Neilson  :rolleyes: and much better teams than our current lot have been turned-over by the green-and-grey on a regular basis.

So we should just accept our lot in life and deal with it? We're just here to make up the numbers?

Sound.

Celtic were the better team. There is not many of our team if any that would get a regular game for them. Therefore they will beat us more often than not. It's irrelevant that they are the worst Celtic team ever. There budget is still many times everyone else's so they have better players. Getting turned over by Celtic at tynecastle is something that happens every season so I don't know why it's such a shock to some that they call for Robbie's head. The state of kickback just now is as annoying as the result.

Three times I've seen Hearts play Celtic at Tynecastle this season.

Three times we've spent the first 45 minutes camped in our own half, playing long balls up to our lone forward to try and nick a goal. Three times it's proven to be completely ineffective.

Remember when we nearly ceased to exist and then got relegated (this one should be easier - it was 2 years ago)?

BINGO!

I was wondering when someone would play this card.

People keep saying he's a young manager and he'll learn from these matches. Can anyone tell me why he hasn't learned anything from them, despite playing enough of them, and when he is going to learn from them? Also, it speaks a lot to his management ability that the players are currently "on the beach". Reckon someone like Ferguson, Mourinho, Paisley or Shankley would allow their players to switch off for the last 5 or 6 games? Get real.

That may be, but based on what? 

Getting knocked out of the cup by one of the finalists seems to be the main reason. 

davemclaren

I don't get this 'we have a squad capable of more'. Neilson did well last season in finishing first in the championship and has done well this season in finishing 3rd in the premiership. Let's see what he manages next season as we will hopefully strengthen the team. 

Five to One

Robbie's done a great job but I'm very disillusioned and disappointed by his comments this week and performance today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Dunphy

Also, are we actually at a point where holding a genuine belief that Robbie Neilson isn't the man to take us forward means you're one of the guys who organised the plane?

What a shame.

Many who are quite clearly not Hearts fans.

Smashed the Championship points record in his first year.

Secured Europe in his second year.

Useless fud.

Cruyff Turn

Young manager and still learning but he needs to be braver. Secondly, we need to look into working on attacking moves and general team play in attack. Juanma was shit but he had no service. If we don't create chances, we don't score goals and we didn't even get into positions to put in crosses!, it was awful going forward. The only time we create or score is from individual brilliance or from defensive mistakes. Today it was Dauda with a great solo goal and the only other clearcut opportunity was Djoum winning a long pass, brilliantly holding it up and playing a nice layoff to Walker who did well to get a shot away and on target under pressure. Apart from that, nothing, nada, bugger all and it has been the same story for weeks. We won't win or challenge for f-all until we start to play on the front foot and put opposition defences under pressure. Luckily for Robbie we've finished 3rd and that's acceptable but if we are going to really challenge for trophies we have got to do much much better in an attacking sense.

Archived