Gorgie Farm needs your help

redm

Last time I was there the chickens had a baldy look feathers aplenty missing . The animals seemed happy but what choice do they have

Answer - none

Give it up , get the animals to a proper farm

Sorry.

From an animal lover .

That's how the chickens arrive there.. I was in a couple of weeks ago. Looked like healthy chickens with normal feathers.

Fxxx the SPFL

I donated on the way back but they should have had volunteers outside the stadium gates just an observation

Maple Leaf

On behalf of our Paid Members, Jambos Kickback has donated ?350 to Gorgie Farm.

Craigieboy

:clap:

Played sir.

A small entry charge should have been introduced years ago (waived if you spent a certain amount in the cafe) to encourage self sufficiency and stop the reliance on handouts. I do appreciate the work they do for the community etc but there are hundreds of people who visit every month who could afford a couple of pound charge.

A- it's not in it's ethos of when it was set up as being a facility for everyone

B- by charging a fee I assume it might infringe upon their charity status or at least affect the funding or tax breaks they will receive as a registered charity.

That's why they ask for donations. It's not really a big ask to put a few quid in the donations jar.

Not to mention it would then also need another employee/volunteer to man a ticket booth

That's My take on it.

Kilmacolm Jambo

Ethos is all well and good but it doesn't provide funding.

There are so many charities having their funding cut through no fault of their own. Being in Gorgie doesn't make it more important than others.

That being said, we all know who is to blame for the current state of Edinburgh.

Last time I was there the chickens had a baldy look feathers aplenty missing . The animals seemed happy but what choice do they have

Answer - none

Give it up , get the animals to a proper farm

Sorry.

From an animal lover .

Utter nonsense.

Australis

Great news, and well done to all concerned, Gorgie farm is a wee gem.

Tams bird

Thank you.

Excellent move, I applaud you.

The last home games will provide more opportunities for jambos to contribute.

A really good cause

Stephen Muddie

Well done JKB and the paid members. :sailor:

To the guy saying about the entry fee: It's been donation only for years but I agree - a pound a person would be more than the average visitor contributes IMO

Great news genrally about the situation. There's plenty money in town and there's plenty folk who care. All we need is a community minded veterinarian :whistling:

Been there a lot over the years.

Could JKB sponsor a pig or something?

Leanne? Rod? Gary O'Trotter ?

Doctor FinnBarr

Apologies as this is not really pertinent but everytime I hear 'Wing of Change' by the Scorpions, even to this day I still sing "Down to Gorgie Farm".

WIND

Bridge of Djoum

Ive absolutely no idea, sorry.

Source?

Or just made up in your odd mind?

Source?

Or just made up in your odd mind?

Maybe if you actually clicked on the link and read the article nob, your odd mind would have prevented you posting.

Bridge of Djoum

Maybe if you actually clicked on the link and read the article nob, your odd mind would have prevented you posting.

I did.

I didn't see the part where it stated its 100k a year to run though.

''nob''.

I did.

I didn't see the part where it stated its 100k a year to run though.

''nob''.

I never said ?100k per year. I said ?1000 per day, like what was in the article. If its not there now, im not bothered as it was there when i posted it. I'm not going to lie about raising money for charity.

Nob = odd mind.

Bridge of Djoum

I never said ?100k per year. I said ?1000 per day, like what was in the article. If its not there now, im not bothered as it was there when i posted it. I'm not going to lie about raising money for charity.

Nob = odd mind.

Bold 1. My bad.

Bold 2. riiiightttt

I gave a fiver after the Celtic match.  Just before I gave it, a guy was shouting at the people collecting about how the farm involved cruelty to animals.  Even if he thinks that, seems a bit harsh to be taking it out on the people collecting money.

• 1 month later...
August Landmesser

Great stuff.

Ewe coo-dn't fail to have been mooo-ved by the baaa-d situation the Farm was in.

*gets coat*

The Future's Maroon

Excellent news, read its now also in talks with a couple of folk in regards to sponsorship which should help with it getting better over the coming years.

The Future's Maroon

Great stuff.

Ewe coo-dn't fail to have been mooo-ved by the baaa-d situation the Farm was in.

*gets coat*

Get coat, pack a bag and leave.

:lol:

I was in last Friday. Very warm day, poor pig trying to get a drink out a tap that was off. Never seen one person there to tell.

Fantastic news :thumbsup:

My Dad grew up in the tenement which stood on the original site, they got moved 'out of town' to Stenhouse whilst it was supposed to be rebuilt.

Have some great memories of my Grandad taking me when I was bairn and now me taking my own wee boy. Gorgie would be a poorer place without it.

Great stuff.

Ewe coo-dn't fail to have been mooo-ved by the baaa-d situation the Farm was in.

*gets goat*

FTFY :thumbsup:

I was in last Friday. Very warm day, poor pig trying to get a drink out a tap that was off. Never seen one person there to tell.

I always carry a bottle of water around [emoji23]

Joking.

But its never nice to see animals in distress.

The Future's Maroon

If I couldn't find anyone (which I would be unhappy about, as the animals couldn't have found that recent weather very nice) I would have either went hunting round the whole place or jumped in (if possible) and either filled its tray/trough or turned the tap on.

If I couldn't find anyone (which I would be unhappy about, as the animals couldn't have found that recent weather very nice) I would have either went hunting round the whole place or jumped in (if possible) and either filled its tray/trough or turned the tap on.

Hadn't been cleaned that day or it had the squirts ! I was killing time before I went to the Hearts memorial garden, pigs poo on shoes not a good look !! Also id still be trying to climb the fence ...

Archived