Abiola Dauda........how will we remember him.

Section Q

Sad thing if we DON'T give him game time it could jeopardize us bringing other loan players into the club.

Elaborate please.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riddley Walker

Sad thing if we DON'T give him game time it could jeopardize us bringing other loan players into the club.

Eh? Why? The reason he's not getting game time is because he's been shite. Anyone going anywhere on loan can't expect a game unless at the required level.

I actually think he could be a decent player but don't think our system suits him.

Or any of his recent clubs,...

Better than Sow.

:gok:

Neilson said he was a more complete player than Sow.

Sorry Robbie but that's total crap....

queensferryjambo

I am hoping we will remember him for a last minute winner against Celtic this coming Saturday. 

Always the optimist.

jack D and coke

His performance at Easter road will live long in the memory as probably thee most ineffectual I seen from a hearts forward and I've seen a few shockers. Hibs stopped marking him he was that little of a threat.

Surely not more ineffectual than the first match at Tynecastle?

I'm not sure I've seen many performances that were worse than that in derbies. How he even got to play in the replay was baffling.

He wouldn't have played again for me. What that must do to the likes of Reilly's confidence it's difficult to know but I wouldn't be happy if I was him.

I'll remember he was Robbie Neilson's top target. That'll save me getting too excited about any other unknown mercenaries he pulls out the bag in the next 6 weeks DVD scouting mission.

Marooned In Oz

isn't talented enough to work as little as he does. Will be glad to see the back of him.

3fingersreid

Paul McCallum. .... one of the worst players ever to be honest

That's who I was trying to remember cheers

Only here on a short term loan and hasn't really shone. Won't remember much, and maybe question whether things would've been significantly different had we gotten a different striker (beating Hibs in the cup and chasing Celtic all the way).

I can't fault getting Dauda too much given we'd just been promoted from the Championship. We all know Hearts' history, but to an unknown, they'd just know our most recent history, so tougher to sell ourselves.

However, with European football in some form next season, we'll be able to attract more promising talent again, and less likely to end up with the Dauda's struggling to do something in Scotland's top flight.

However, with European football in some form next season, we'll be able to attract more promising talent again, and less likely to end up with the Dauda's struggling to do something in Scotland's top flight.

European football might attract players if we got to the group stages. As it is, if anything it's likely to put players off having to play European ties so early and with little chance of advancing very far.

I think we'll get better players this summer simply because we have a bit more in the pot to pay them with. European football, in our case, neither helps nor hinders a great deal.

Pointless giving him a single minute in the remaining games.

Hope Robbie stops all that "still chasing second" p1sh and let's our young guys get a run in the last four games.

How will I remember him? Probably wont until someone on here creates a post in a couple of years time titled "Crap loan signings" or "Shite forwards" and the huddies name crops up in a list with all the other imposters brought in over the past decade.

Doctor FinnBarr

Hope Robbie stops all that "still chasing second" p1sh and let's our young guys get a run in the last four games.

Yep, if no one else Jack Hamilton should be getting a run

Meh!

He probably looked good on the DVD, or was that one of his brothers?

European football might attract players if we got to the group stages. As it is, if anything it's likely to put players off having to play European ties so early and with little chance of advancing very far.

I think we'll get better players this summer simply because we have a bit more in the pot to pay them with. European football, in our case, neither helps nor hinders a great deal.

The Liverpool tie was a qualifier and that was one of my most memorable Hearts' moments, and I imagine for many of the players too. Hearts got decent exposure out of that tie.

Sure, group stage football will attract even better talent, but compared to where we were at the start of the current season (just promoted from Championship) to being in the Europa League qualifiers, it might be enough to entice some of that better talent.

The Liverpool tie was a qualifier and that was one of my most memorable Hearts' moments, and I imagine for many of the players too. Hearts got decent exposure out of that tie.

Sure, group stage football will attract even better talent, but compared to where we were at the start of the current season (just promoted from Championship) to being in the Europa League qualifiers, it might be enough to entice some of that better talent.

Yes, the profile and desirability of the club is higher because of our league position and our European qualification. But no one is going to sign mainly or purely on the basis of what is likely to be 2 or 3 low level qualifying rounds, all done and dusted before a competitive league match is played.

Francis Albert

He looked the business on YouTube

Almost all of the You Tube goals came from through balls between defenders or behind the defence. How many passes did he receive of that sort at Hearts. Maybe 6 in total?

He has flopped but he is far from the first Hearts striker who has been starved of much decent service.

I don't think we even made the best of Sow.

I could probably find a few better players for us to sign on the back of playing FIFA, reckon Levein has got some dodgy contact ripping the pish out him, and us.

Hackney Hearts

"Genius!" (commentary on one of his two goals)

"That's genius," roars BBC Radio Scotland commentator Paul Mitchell as Abiola Dauda cuts in from the left drives at defender Paul Quinn then places a composed, curling finish right into the opposite bottom corner of the net.

Stephen Muddie

I'll remember being excited by his "pedigree" and goals videos.

Zat eez all.

"Genius!" (commentary on one of his two goals)

"That's genius," roars BBC Radio Scotland commentator Paul Mitchell as Abiola Dauda cuts in from the left drives at defender Paul Quinn then places a composed, curling finish right into the opposite bottom corner of the net.

He's scored three so far.

Getintaethem

Thought he looked better when he came on against Motherwell. Apart from one shot when he should have passed, set up our two best chances and his work rate was much improved.

All pretty irrelevant though, no time for him to show anything more as he wont be here next season.

Has there ever been a dafter statement than when Robbie said "He's actually a better all round player than Sow"??

heartsdaft101

Has there ever been a dafter statement than when Robbie said "He's actually a better all round player than Sow"??

He could pay us back with goals, then.

In all seriousness, now we have nothing to play for I want to see our actual players playing and not loan signings.

The replay being a "money spinner" was right up there

The Treasurer

Showed us what a lottery it is bringing in a player (especially a striker) on loan half way through the season.

His two goals in Dingwall suggests there is a player there, but I think his style doesn't suit our game and he was always going to be up against it with people (wrongly) expecting him to fill Sow's boots.

He's not away yet.  He obviously has ability.  I thought his two goals at Ross Co would have seen him kick on but he's just not settled.  Very disappointing as he looked like a good signing.  Sh*t happens, we move on.

Too slow and doesn't work hard enough for the team.

I would have sent him back to Holland months ago and given our young players a shot.

Half time pie

Kind of player that didn't want to get his kit dirty when the going got tough. Uncommitted to the Hearts cause.

A pointless signing. Similar to Danny Swanston. Signed and rarely played. Why we signed either of em is beyond me. 

We_are_the_Hearts

A pointless signing. Similar to Danny Swanston. Signed and rarely played. Why we signed either of em is beyond me. 

Some people said the same about Djoum, that worked out well enough. That's football, some work, some don't.

Some people said the same about Djoum, that worked out well enough. That's football, some work, some don't.

But he played Djoum. I don't get signing a player on loan and not playing him. Who benefits. Not us, not him, not his team.

We_are_the_Hearts

But he played Djoum. I don't get signing a player on loan and not playing him. Who benefits. Not us, not him, not his team.

It's up to the player to show in training and when played that they can improve the team and have the hunger. For me Djoum is the only one that showed that.

A_A wehatethehibs

Great goal at Ross county in a strong 3-0 away win, one of many strong away performances we have been treated to this season away from home.

Hopefully we can improve on our fairly decent away record of 6 wins 6 draws and 6 defeats next season, to do that we will need a better striker than dauda in the squad. Bring back big Z

Hard to tell. The contrast between him and Souttar convinces me we should spend time, energy and money on that kind of signing over these six month loans though.

You are convinced we should bring in more Kenny Andersons and less Zeefuiks? Or do you mean we should just try and sign good players over bad ones? :uhoh2:?

Archived