Hillsborough Verdict

Mikey1874

Vintage kickback this.

Never mind that a jury sat through 2 years of evidence with witnesses under oath to tell the truth.

Kick backers know better because of stories from a mate of a mate.

Wow.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Boab

Big Slim Stylee

Vintage kickback this.

Never mind that a jury sat through 2 years of evidence with witnesses under oath to tell the truth.

Kick backers know better because of stories from a mate of a mate.

Wow.

It's truly depressing at times.  

In the face of all documented facts, and by far the longest and exhaustive case ever heard by a jury in British legal history, heroic posters on here bash on convinced of their own rectitude because they read it on a Facebook thread so it must be true.  

It's truly depressing at times.

In the face of all documented facts, and by far the longest and exhaustive case ever heard by a jury in British legal history, heroic posters on here bash on convinced of their own rectitude because they read it on a Facebook thread so it must be true.

Not many though - it's maybe better it is known some still think this way. Maybe a few have been educated as well.

Sure we would find worse elsewhere.

Big Slim Stylee

Not many though - it's maybe better it is known some still think this way. Maybe a few have been educated as well.

Sure we would find worse elsewhere.

True, mate.  Just irks me that people can't be bothered to sit down and sift through some of the overwhelming evidence, yet still feel empowered to spraff their shite all over the place. 

Good summary that. Another from the same site on the poor state of the Leppings Lane end and the lack of proper safety checks by the club

https://thegreatcritique.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/hillsborough-the-crush-barriera-smoking-gun/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FarmerTweedy

I must be missing something here are you telling me that if the thousands of fans who turned up without tickets had stayed in their houses that this disaster would still have happened.

I don't think it would have so therefor the fans (ticketless) must take some of the blame.

Simple really.

Your avatar is very apt for you, as you clearly have a similar intellect to the person pictured. In fact, your final sentence appears to be an apt description of yourself.

FarmerTweedy

Interesting. What I have never been able to get my head round is why an officer who had never previously dealt with a football crowd and the problems and demands that has, was put in charge of a game where there was going to be a very large crowd. It seems almost as if he was being set up for failure. There must have been other senior officers on duty who had such experience there whom he could have relied on for guidance. Why did that not happen? I am sure that a criminal trial will open a real can of worms with regards to all of this. There is little doubt that Duckenworth will be first in the firing line. Loads of other unanswered questions though about the safety certificates and the FA's part in all of this. I would hate to think that all of this will come down to a couple of sacrificial lambs while others just as culpable slide off scott free. All of those culpable in this must be brought to book.

Unfortunately, due to the ridiculous length of time it's taken to finally get to this stage, some of those who ought to have to explain their actions (including Peter Wright and Thatcher) are no longer wasting the planet's precious water and oxygen. We'll never be able to hear their excuses. Not that we'd ever hear any genuine honest answers over their motivations for what they did anyway.

fabienleclerq

I must be missing something here are you telling me that if the thousands of fans who turned up without tickets had stayed in their houses that this disaster would still have happened.

I don't think it would have so therefor the fans (ticketless) must take some of the blame.

Simple really.

Can we ban folk for this now? He's trolling in the extreme, either that or he is beyond a simpleton.

fabienleclerq

Not been on in a wee while. Who is winning?

It's been roundly agreed that no one has or will win and that you're a bit of a dick.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Been waiting 27 years for some decent Hillsborough jokes to come out, is it still to soon ???

There are some jokes on this thread.

Son Of Anarchy

True, mate. Just irks me that people can't be bothered to sit down and sift through some of the overwhelming evidence, yet still feel empowered to spraff their shite all over the place.

I'm more surprised they can read and write tbh ;)

The Old Tolbooth

You do realise that you are not allowed to question the impeccable behaviour of the Liverpool fans that day. I hope you aren't suggesting that the jury were swayed by an emotional campaign being forced down their throats over 20 odd years, and that the determination of fans without tickets to force their way into a football ground in any way shape or form led to people, with tickets being crushed, because that simply is not allowed.

Do I feel sorry for the parents of the deceased. Of course, who wouldn't. Well, the parents got the 'justice' they wanted, but then again, they would never have accepted any justice that didn't absolve completely their own support as minds have been firmly entrenched over time.

Were the police to blame? Yep, of course they were partly responsible. Was stewarding and stadium design responsible? Probably yes. Should they have admitted responsibility earlier? Yes, of course they should.

Should the Liverpool fans acknowledge their own failings? Well that will never happen.

Finally, can we please lay this whole thing to bed now this is over or will we have to listen to the professional scousers going on and on about this for a few years yet. They have after all, managed to conveniently forget Heysel.

Some people just can't help themselves, what an arse!

Bindy Badgy

Dropping like flies

The acting chief constable of South Yorkshire police, who on Wednesday replaced David Crompton following the Hillsborough inquest findings, has stepped down after it emerged her conduct at a previous force was being investigated.

South Yorkshire police force has been left without a chief constable for the second time in less than 48 hours after the Hillsborough inquest findings, as it emerged that its deputy chief constable Dawn Copley was appointed despite having declared that she was being investigated over her conduct with her previous force, Greater Manchester police (GMP).

Big Slim Stylee

Some people just can't help themselves, what an arse!

This is undoubtedly true, unlike some of the spurious rubbish on this thread.

gorgie rd eh11

The idiots that read and believe the sort of s***e the sun prints are still evident on this thread but most of them have realised they're gullible t***s and taken a step back.

The idiots that read and believe the sort of s***e the sun prints are still evident on this thread but most of them have realised they're gullible t***s and taken a step back.

Interesting also that the Sun appeared to be the only major national newspaper that did not run with the verdict as their headline this week.  I wonder why not?

Rudolf's Mate

no the times didn't either in the first edtion

As has been pointed out, The Times is the Suns sister paper so no real surprise they didn't.

Its being said that some of the Times sports journalists made such a fuss complaining about story not being front page the later edition was changed to include a picture of the relatives celebrating outside the court.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Its being said that some of the Times sports journalists made such a fuss complaining about story not being front page the later edition was changed to include a picture of the relatives celebrating outside the court.

true

Golden Vision

No, I have had the opportunity to have my say and see no point in debating further. I have not changed my view that the jury's answer to question 7 was flawed, but nor do I expect to persuade anyone else to that view. As to those who have responded with vile abuse rather than reasoned argument, it does you no credit.

And by the way, my statements are based on personal experience. I have never read the Sun and nor did I believe any of the sensationalist rubbish we have heard that it printed. Let's just leave it there.

FarmerTweedy

Maybe there was no violence THAT day however Liverpool fans were notoriously the worst in the country and were one of the worst in Europe, this was because of the clubs success in Europe and each season winning leagues and cups they were always in European competitions. Sure the documentary that reported this also said Liverpool are recognised to have been the first club to have "casuals"

Yes the establishment took a zero tolerance approach to football hooliganism but what do people expect? Oh it's ok to let them riot and frighten innocent children and oap's passing by because they are working class football fans ? Bollox those that behaved like animals were treated accordingly. That is not the fault of the establishment it is the fault of those that cause the damage and violence. It is not to dissimilar to how AB is treating any actions by fans at Tynecastle which are deemed unacceptable and how many in this forum applaud her for it "Zero tolerance" brought on by the actions of mindless morons.

All football fans were treated like animals back then, regardless of how they behaved. It was nothing like how the current regime at Hearts deal with unacceptable behaviour. Nothing at all like it.

No, I have had the opportunity to have my say and see no point in debating further. I have not changed my view that the jury's answer to question 7 was flawed, but nor do I expect to persuade anyone else to that view. As to those who have responded with vile abuse rather than reasoned argument, it does you no credit.

And by the way, my statements are based on personal experience. I have never read the Sun and nor did I believe any of the sensationalist rubbish we have heard that it printed. Let's just leave it there.

Don't doubt you're experience for a moment and abuse can never win a debate, so should have no place - not least for common decency (I am aware this is KB, so that might be a bit much to expect)

However your experience is not what happened on that day. Sadly due to the tragic loss of life in this instance, the evidence is there to prove it despite what SYP, SYMAS et al would have us believe.

You can choose to ignore or discount it that's your choice, but that doesn't change the facts. None so blind etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

McGovern's docu-drama on ITV (and +1) tonight. The first time I watched it I was in floods of tears. Have recorded it and will try and watch again, possibly with sons. Yes it is harrowing BUT they must understand. I asked 16-year-old son just now what he knew about Hillsborough and he said - a stand collapsed...

I know, especially with exams and girls etc he has 101 things on his mind but it is so important the younger generation are educated as to what exactly happened and why it is so important we never forget.

I also listened to the Radio Five documentary this week - a 'must' listen albeit with a difficult one. Neil Fitzmaurice - of That Peter Kay Thing amongst other things - is on it - he was there and talks very eloquently along with David Conn amongst others. #j496

scottish_chicP

Just watched the ITV docu-drama. Cried all the way through it. What those families were put through is unforgivable.

Big Slim Stylee

For those who were searching for the ESPN 30-for-30, it's back up here.

It's such a hard watch.  

I don't think there'll be many of us who went to football during the 80's and didn't have just a moment when the crush was actually more frightening than exhilarating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfcxGKIyog

N Lincs Jambo

Following on from David Conn's piece in the Guardian earlier in the week, this one is from Adrian Tempany. He was in pen 3 that day and attended the verdict 27 years later as one of the survivors. The read is every bit as harrowing as David Conn's piece but possibly even more illuminating:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/01/hillsborough-inquest-survivor-adrian-tempany

Rudolf's Mate

Insignificant considering however one thing I never thought of until now. The jurors were present for 2 years! 

Stephen Muddie

I want to apologise for questioning a posters mental capacity, rather than celebrating the fact justice has been delivered.

Systemic culpability, Liverpool fans absolved. That really is all that matters. And those are the facts.

Let's now hope that if there are to be criminal proceedings against those held in any way responsible, that justice prevails again, they are held to account, and there shall be no shoddy cover-ups. Perhaps then the families will have real closure.

Tell JKB how you think victims being granted the permission to be victims is "justice"

Softman

Bridge of Djoum

Tell JKB how you think victims being granted the permission to be victims is "justice"

Softman

Stop being a welt.

You should change your name to i8everyone!

Oh look someone else noticed.

Are you honestly asking why someone hates Liverpool out of shock?

Aye, more hate.

gashauskis9

Anyone watching the documentary on BBC 2. Some revelation at the start.

Very good so far. Better than the shambles film effort that was on last week.

Rudolf's Mate

Forgot this was on. I'll try stick it on iPlayer now and hopefully it'll let me start it from the beginning. 

William H. Bonney

Forgot this was on. I'll try stick it on iPlayer now and hopefully it'll let me start it from the beginning.

Its compelling viewing, but harrowing at the same time.

Салатные палочки

This is the one that was on ESPN/BY Sports last year. Unbelievable and harrowing stuff.

Sent from my Blade III using Tapatalk

This is the one that was on ESPN/BY Sports last year. Unbelievable and harrowing stuff.

Sent from my Blade III using Tapatalk

absolutely heartbreaking to listen to the stories of the folk that have been affected by what happened to see the hurt suffered by the families is soul destroying

WoolfordsHearts

Nah,is it any good?

gashauskis9

The camera view from the top tier on all the lifeless bodies piled up at the front was eerie. Very tough watch, but glad I did as it was refreshing (shite choice of word I know) to hear from the police who worked their arses off to save lives.

Powerful documentary. How the Police Spokesman, Paul Middup, can live with himself is beyond me. No shame.

Powerful documentary. How the Police Spokesman, Paul Middup, can live with himself is beyond me. No shame.

for certain police officers to tell so many lies then try and cover these lies with more lies absolute disgrace imo

bertracoon

Couldn't watch all of that tonight. 

Felt bad for the "frontline" coppers, for wont of a better word, who were simply following horrendously wrong orders until they could see that it was all going horrifically wrong. Those at the top and who had any part in the cover-up (like the guy that told the officers in the stadium after the game not to bother recording anything in their pocketbooks" should be forced to stand up for their mistakes. Unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen.

The Old Tolbooth

Harrowing watch, there were a lot of tears over the last two hours watching that, I just hope that those responsible get exactly what's coming to them!

It's unbelievable what those poor families have had to go though for the last 27 years, the toll it's taken on them is immeasurable, but now they can sit back and proudly say that they've done their bit, and it's now time for justice to catch up with those responsible.

Justice for the 96!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave McCreery's knee

A really outstanding documentary. From a harrowing account of the events and the toll they took on so many, to institutional cover up and the long fight against injustice. Prof Scraton is a heroic figure.

It feels like the way the defining events of the 80's were portayed at the time were all lies.