summer targets Ins/outs

kimosavi

I would get rid of Soutar. Been utter rank and the weak link of our defence since coming in.

Think we should go after Hamlin of Hibs. Seems a quality defended any time I have seen him

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexander

Paterson

Ozturk

Souttar

New LB

Walker

Djoum

Buaben

Kitchen

Nicholson

New striker

I'm not sure that XI is good enough to win the league. The new striker would need to be extremely prolific.

We really need a Hartley/Cameron type of a Skacel type to bring us loads of goals from midfield.

Footballfirst

I wonder if he will play as a trialist with the Development side in this evening's game against Ross County.

Bazzas right boot

lots of people calling for a left back, a centre half, 1 or 2 midfielders and 2 strikers .....

Assuming these are all for the first team , what would our line up be

Alexander or Hamilton (or new Goalie as some want)

Patterson/Smith Souttar New CB New LB so no place for Ozturk or Rossi

Kitchen Djoum new midfielder walker no place for Bauben, Nicholson, Cowie, King, Zanatta

2 new strikers no place for Juanma, Reilly,

Would be interested in seeing not just what players, positions people want us to sign but what their new team would look like ....

Unless we got better than oz and Rossi, I think people on here are assuming we need to replace blaz and mcghee if they leave.

The left back is to replace oshaniwa.

Rossi, oz would get plenty game time.

In the middle, gomis and pallardo will go so bring one in keeps us about right.

Kitchen, djoum, new signing, with Cowie and Bauben rotating, again all would get good game time.

Up front, we would be replacing ell hass and Dauda, again having 3/4 strikers is about right.

I would get rid of Soutar. Been utter rank and the weak link of our defence since coming in.

Think we should go after Hamlin of Hibs. Seems a quality defended any time I have seen him

Are you Laurel or Hardy??

I suspect Billy King has played his last game in a Hearts jersey so would imagine he will be out this summer. Wouldn't mind seeing us sign a decent SPL striker like Hemmings or Stewart of Dundee rather than take a plunge on a unknown or potentially one of each as we probably need 2/3 Strikers to come in. Could see us going back to raid Dundee Utd for at least 1 more player as they drop to the Championship.

I suspect Billy King has played his last game in a Hearts jersey so would imagine he will be out this summer. Wouldn't mind seeing us sign a decent SPL striker like Hemmings or Stewart of Dundee rather than take a plunge on a unknown or potentially one of each as we probably need 2/3 Strikers to come in. Could see us going back to raid Dundee Utd for at least 1 more player as they drop to the Championship.

Yeah I think Billy King has played his last game for Hearts, if we really wanted him there is no way that they would let him go out on loan given his age and the amount of games that he has played.

Agreed we need another Striker, the thing with strikers that we sign from 'smaller' Scottish teams is that they are never really successful (well none that I can think of) ?

Haha!!! You have popped up recently and my gut instinct having read some of your posts was you are not a Jambo and thankfully that is now settled for sure..

Would it not be more productive to go on a forum of the club you follow no??

I'd like to see us bringing in some players who have showed promise in this league already. All's fair in Neilson/Levein looking for value for money outside Scotland, and that has been fruitful with Djoum, Sow, Ozturk etc. but we could take a leaf out of the Dons book and get in some players who know how to play this league and will hit the ground running. We can't afford too many "acclimatisation" periods next season.

That's why I think Don Cowie will prove to be a good signing.

He was poor for Aberdeen's goal, needed to get there before the Aberdeen player .

He is a great shot stopper but he is not the bravest goalie around and he is 38. It would be worth giving Hamilton a few games just to see how he copes although I suppose with the amount of prize money at stake the might not want to risk him.

KineticBeat

lots of people calling for a left back, a centre half, 1 or 2 midfielders and 2 strikers .....

Assuming these are all for the first team , what would our line up be

Alexander or Hamilton (or new Goalie as some want)

Patterson/Smith Souttar  New CB New LB                                         so no place for Ozturk or Rossi

Kitchen Djoum new midfielder walker                                                  no place for Bauben, Nicholson, Cowie, King, Zanatta

2 new strikers                                                                                       no place for Juanma, Reilly, 

Would be interested in seeing not just what players, positions people want us to sign but what their new team would look like ....

Assuming we don't lose Patterson or Walker I would go:

4-4-2

Alexander

Patterson Ozturk Souttar LB

Winger Djoum Kitchen Walker

Juanma Striker

or 

5-3-2

Alexander

Patterson Ozturk Souttar Rossi LB

Kitchen Djoum Buaben/Cowie/CM

Walker Juanma/ST

or 4-1-4-1

Alexander

Patterson Ozturk Souttar LB

Kitchen

Winger Djoum Walker Nicholson

Juanma/ST

Back up GK: Hamilton

Back up D: Rossi (when not 5-3-2), Smith, New CB

Back up M: Buaben Cowie, New CM (Beith?) Nicholson

Back up F: Reilly, New 

Bazzas right boot

As a side note, if we are going to mount a title challenge, Bauben will need replaced.

A title winning midfield, needs A bit more quality than Bauben as one of it's mainstay players.

I like him, and think he is a good squad player, but if we are to challenge, higher quality is needed.

I'd like to see us bringing in some players who have showed promise in this league already. All's fair in Neilson/Levein looking for value for money outside Scotland, and that has been fruitful with Djoum, Sow, Ozturk etc. but we could take a leaf out of the Dons book and get in some players who know how to play this league and will hit the ground running. We can't afford too many "acclimatisation" periods next season.

That's why I think Don Cowie will prove to be a good signing.

Well I have to say that while both may be decent players I was not impressed by either Shinnie or McLean on Friday.

Harvey Specter

Goalkeeper - I'm happy with Alexander and Hamilton as first team goalkeepers, I know we've been linked with Rohan Ferguson from Airdrie who could join the development squad alongside Kelby Mason.

Full Back - Providing we retain Paterson in the summer, as well as Liam Smith as back up we are strong enough in the right back position. If Paterson is sold on then it'll be interesting to see if we have a replacement lined up or if Smith/Souttar will be deemed sufficient. Unless the Management Team believe that Oshaniwa can come good, we definitely need a new left back. Rossi has done a fantastic job at left back this season and is IMO our player of the year but I'd rather see a natural full back in that position allowing Rossi to move back into the centre where he is more comfortable.

Centre Back - Augustyn will likely be away at the end of his contract and I wouldn't be surprised to see McGhee depart, whether it be on loan or permanent I'm not sure but we were pretty keen to offload him in January. That would leave us with Ozturk, Rossi and Souttar in the centre back position. IMO we'll need at least one, if not two new centre backs unless Robbie feels that Danny Baur is ready to make the step up, he has played very well for the development squad by all accounts.

Winger - I really hope we hold onto Jamie Walker next season, he is a wonderful talent and we're a far better side with him in it. If we do, although naturally a winger more recently he's been deployed in a central role where he appears to be excelling. There is some uncertainty regarding the future of Billy King therefore I'm not sure if he'll be a Hearts player next season. If he isn't, we could probably do with another winger unless Robbie see's Zanatta's future in that position as apposed to up front.

Midfield - I'm happy with the midfield as it is, if I'm being greedy I'd love a Cameron/Hartley type player but as it stands I think we have a good balance of defensive and attacking options. Pallardo will likely be away at the end of his contract and Gomis could potentially be away as well however I'd be quite comfortable with Beith stepping up rather than going out into the transfer market.

Striker We need two new strikers, Dauda will be away (thankfully) and whether or not he's still here it's just not working with El Hass. That'll leave us with Jaunma and Reilly, although I'm a fan of both and they each offer different traits to the team, neither are prolific enough.

As a side note, if we are going to mount a title challenge, Bauben will need replaced.

A title winning midfield, needs A bit more quality than Bauben as one of it's mainstay players.

I like him, and think he is a good squad player, but if we are to challenge, higher quality is needed.

Don't agree, been one of our best midfielders in the last couple of months. Him, Kitchen and Djoum all work well together

letsalldothebeattie

I think this will be the most interesting summer window under Neilson. He genuinely believes we can mount a title challenge next season and is looking for players to make that possible while trying to keep hold of the likes of Paterson, Walker, Nicholson etc.

I would like us to go out and make a real statement of intent on the window and try to bring the best in from other clubs that will improve us.

Players like Kane Hemmings, Rory Loy, Louis Moult for up top. Craig Sibbald, Blair Alston, Blair Spittal to improve midfield. Or even someone like Jackson Irvine as well to come in. Always rated the lad and could be key player if we signed him

Future prospects likes of Craig Wighton, Harry Souttar, Matthew Knox (if he doesn't get tempted by the burial ground that is Murray Park)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't agree, been one of our best midfielders in the last couple of months. Him, Kitchen and Djoum all work well together

A month which we've been turned over by Celtic and St Johnstone. If we are looking to challenge for the league we won't do it with a player of Bauben's quality as a first team regular. He is decent but significantly inferior to Djoum and from what I've seen so far, Kitchen. To give him his dues he's been played wide on occasion but that says more about gaps in our squad than Bauben.

Haha!!! You have popped up recently and my gut instinct having read some of your posts was you are not a Jambo and thankfully that is now settled for sure..

Would it not be more productive to go on a forum of the club you follow no??

Jesus

Take it people don't know a troll/laugh/sarcasm when they see one.

Popped up recently? Been posting regular for nearly a year and a bit now.

But Hibs fan right enough :laugh:

Go and look at the threads and posts in my history. I ****ing hate Hibs.

Seymour M Hersh

Wow! Thank **** the management team won't be taking any advice from any of the "experts" on here.  Ann, please don't sell to the fans if this sort of thread is a precursor to how fans would run the club. 

Well I have to say that while both may be decent players I was not impressed by either Shinnie or McLean on Friday.

I agree actually. Not many of their top players performed on Friday. Hayes looked dangerous and did well for their goal.

Definitely over the course of the season they have been better, bar one drop in form after they beat us at Tynecastle.

Jesus

Go and look at the threads and posts in my history. I ******* hate Hibs.

You could be sirgay for all we know tbf.

He was undercover plotting our downfall for 10 years so an extra year and a bit is nowt!!

Bazzas right boot

He has, and they do, but if Bauben wins the title as one of the main midfielders in any team, I'll eat my shoe's.

I'd keep him, he's a good player, but to win the league, we would need an upgrade, imo.

Bazzas right boot

Jesus

Anyone with a brain could tell your post was dripping in sarcasm and was meant as a joke.

Robbie Neilson on Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor. "A player that we know, but I don't think that'll happen for us this summer" #hmfc

Robbie Neilson on Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor. "A player that we know, but I don't think that'll happen for us this summer" #hmfc

hmfc_liam06

Late to the party but League Two better than the Scottish Premiership...:lol:

I've been to three League 2 games this year, every one of them was comically bad. I've been to better quality Scottish League 1 games.

Jamboscanbevicius

Goalkeeper - I'm happy with Alexander and Hamilton as first team goalkeepers, I know we've been linked with Rohan Ferguson from Airdrie who could join the development squad alongside Kelby Mason.

Full Back - Providing we retain Paterson in the summer, as well as Liam Smith as back up we are strong enough in the right back position. If Paterson is sold on then it'll be interesting to see if we have a replacement lined up or if Smith/Souttar will be deemed sufficient. Unless the Management Team believe that Oshaniwa can come good, we definitely need a new left back. Rossi has done a fantastic job at left back this season and is IMO our player of the year but I'd rather see a natural full back in that position allowing Rossi to move back into the centre where he is more comfortable.

Centre Back - Augustyn will likely be away at the end of his contract and I wouldn't be surprised to see McGhee depart, whether it be on loan or permanent I'm not sure but we were pretty keen to offload him in January. That would leave us with Ozturk, Rossi and Souttar in the centre back position. IMO we'll need at least one, if not two new centre backs unless Robbie feels that Danny Baur is ready to make the step up, he has played very well for the development squad by all accounts.

Winger - I really hope we hold onto Jamie Walker next season, he is a wonderful talent and we're a far better side with him in it. If we do, although naturally a winger more recently he's been deployed in a central role where he appears to be excelling. There is some uncertainty regarding the future of Billy King therefore I'm not sure if he'll be a Hearts player next season. If he isn't, we could probably do with another winger unless Robbie see's Zanatta's future in that position as apposed to up front.

Midfield - I'm happy with the midfield as it is, if I'm being greedy I'd love a Cameron/Hartley type player but as it stands I think we have a good balance of defensive and attacking options. Pallardo will likely be away at the end of his contract and Gomis could potentially be away as well however I'd be quite comfortable with Beith stepping up rather than going out into the transfer market.

Striker We need two new strikers, Dauda will be away (thankfully) and whether or not he's still here it's just not working with El Hass. That'll leave us with Jaunma and Reilly, although I'm a fan of both and they each offer different traits to the team, neither are prolific enough.

Fairly sensible and realistic account of where we are at with the squad. Only thing I'd say is that (on top of what we have played the past two years) we will hopefully have a number of European games to contend with too, so we can't leave ourselves too short in numbers.

GK - status quo for another year

Defenders - need 3, with Augusytn and McGhee away and LB a problem

Midfielders - need 2, with Pallardo and Gomis away

Strikers - need 2, with Dauda and El Hass away

Jamboscanbevicius

I think this will be the most interesting summer window under Neilson. He genuinely believes we can mount a title challenge next season and is looking for players to make that possible while trying to keep hold of the likes of Paterson, Walker, Nicholson etc.

I would like us to go out and make a real statement of intent on the window and try to bring the best in from other clubs that will improve us.

Players like Kane Hemmings, Rory Loy, Louis Moult for up top. Craig Sibbald, Blair Alston, Blair Spittal to improve midfield. Or even someone like Jackson Irvine as well to come in. Always rated the lad and could be key player if we signed him

Future prospects likes of Craig Wighton, Harry Souttar, Matthew Knox (if he doesn't get tempted by the burial ground that is Murray Park)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with this... I was gutted we didn't get Hemmings in summer 2014, but not sure we can afford the lad while he is in contract.

We definitely need to look at young players in our league though. Two or three from the names mentioned above would be a real coup.

We also need to look at one or two in the 25-28 age bracket that are hitting their peak. The likes of Greg Tansey, Billy McKay, and others who have shown their quality in SPFL over time.

Milan Baros?? Jokes aside I'd take Jackson Irvine from county maybe.

Think I would rather have his team mate 

Alex Schalk

Can we please stop this Ross County, Dundee, Motherwell player talk please.  There is not one one player from either team that would get into our current team.  Seriously this board is full of actual ****wits.

Wow! Thank **** the management team won't be taking any advice from any of the "experts" on here.  Ann, please don't sell to the fans if this sort of thread is a precursor to how fans would run the club. 

Totally agree, how dare fans discuss transfer targets on a fans forum.

:D

Malcolm Tucker

Can we please stop this Ross County, Dundee, Motherwell player talk please. There is not one one player from either team that would get into our current team. Seriously this board is full of actual ****wits.

Irvine, Hemmings and Moult would probably get into our team tbh, but that's about it. And I agree.

I hope we look further afield than Scottish Premiership players in the window, however wouldn't be upset with any of the above mentioned.

Irvine, Hemmings and Moult would probably get into our team tbh, but that's about it. And I agree.

I hope we look further afield than Scottish Premiership players in the window, however wouldn't be upset with any of the above mentioned.

Irvine ahead of whom? No danger he would.  He was ok in semi final but he is pretty average imo.

Can we please stop this Ross County, Dundee, Motherwell player talk please.  There is not one one player from either team that would get into our current team.  Seriously this board is full of actual ****wits.

There is no doubt that there are players currently plying their trade in the SPL who COULD be an asset to our side. Many of us thought John Souttar was signed as one for the future but he's become a fixture in our side so there are bound to be others who would benefit similarly by coming to us. Greg Kiltie and Stevie Mallan are two who would fall into that category IMO

Bazzas right boot

Can we please stop this Ross County, Dundee, Motherwell player talk please. There is not one one player from either team that would get into our current team. Seriously this board is full of actual ****wits.

You're right about one thing, the board is full of f---wits...

Malcolm Tucker

Irvine ahead of whom? No danger he would. He was ok in semi final but he is pretty average imo.

Out of the 3 I mentioned Irvine was probably the least likely to get into our team, but his athleticism and drive is second to none in the league. I think he'd certainly push Prince for a place in the team. He's far from average IMO.

What do you think about Moult and Hemmings? Both in worse teams, both scored 20+ goals this season. Moult has scored against every single team he's come up against. Hemmings is on track for a 25 goal season, something our strikers can only dream of.

letsalldothebeattie

I don't see how a Kane Hemmings, Greig Stewart or Jackson Irvine couldn't get into our side.

Jesus

I never actually called you a hobo...I said a supporter of another team...you jumped to that conclusion...

After getting over your post re typos etc I fail to see why you would post that tbh even now if you say sarcasm was at its centre...its a pointless post...

I don't see how a Kane Hemmings, Greig Stewart or Jackson Irvine couldn't get into our side.

These guys are no better than Reilly. Hemmings scores at Dundee as he is utlilised well.  He would not fit into the way we play and the way Neilson likes us to play.   Stewart is ok but again he is something we have had many of over the years.

I dislike Juanma as a person and think he is not suited to our game but he is a good player and better than all the aforementioned.

Cowie, Djoum, Bauben and Kitchen are all on a different stratosphere to Jackson Irvine ffs. 

Cowie, Djoum, Bauben and Kitchen are all on a different stratosphere to Jackson Irvine ffs.

Cowie and Buaben have been injured this season. Would be nice to have a squad that isn't forced to play guys that are way out their depth such as Mckirdy away to ICT.

Think we can aim higher than Irvine though.

All roads lead to Gorgie

You're right about one thing, the board is full of f---wits...

That's got a ring to it " Kickback for f---wits " better than @rseholes. Time to bin the latter !!! Lol

Maroonblood22

These guys are no better than Reilly. Hemmings scores at Dundee as he is utlilised well.  He would not fit into the way we play and the way Neilson likes us to play.   Stewart is ok but again he is something we have had many of over the years.

I dislike Juanma as a person and think he is not suited to our game but he is a good player and better than all the aforementioned.

Have to disagree mate, think Hemmings would absolutely thrive in our team, 20+ goals playing in that current Dundee team would also suggest that.

Bazzas right boot

These guys are no better than Reilly. Hemmings scores at Dundee as he is utlilised well. He would not fit into the way we play and the way Neilson likes us to play. Stewart is ok but again he is something we have had many of over the years.

I understand your point,

People need to also bare in mind, it's juanma's first season, I think he will be a 15-20 goal striker next year, but we still need to replace dauda.

Can't think of any better than moult, Hemmings or mckay, who are proven at this level.

Archived