Today's CB pairing?

jambo191

With everyone back and in contention.

Who would you choose?

Personally would love to see souttar and mcghee hold it down.

Souttar and Augustyn for me.

Tempted to say Oshaniwa at left-back to try and build on his performance midweek. If he's looking ropey, bring Rossi on at half-time. Would do our players good to know that they're not entitled to just stroll straight back into the teaming following suspension for idiotic sendings off.

Same as county for me. Reward that clean sheet.

Get what you are saying and any other time I would agree but I think we should play the back 4 that will play against Hibs on Tuesday.

Would bring Rossi in at left back and Augustyn for one of the young lads or Mcghee at left back and Augustyn and Rossi at CH.

GorgieRules22

Paterson,Augustyn,Souttar,Rossi

That's the same back four I'd start with on Tuesday aswell.

If we can get ourselves a comfortable lead today then I'd bring off Paterson with Tuesday in mind.

Whatever back 4 we are planning to play on Tuesday has to be the back 4 that plays today.

Personally, i'd go for Rossi at left back and Souttar alongside Augustyn.

I'd go

Paterson Augustyn Souttar Rossi

I know Souttar is one for the future but we did pay a decent amount of money for him and was MOTM on Wednesday, so keep him in.

Is Ozturk definitely out?

So many variables I would hate to be Robbie right now.

I'd be tempted to rest Augustyn and Bring in Rossi to give him some minutes.

Partick; Paterson Souttar Rossi Oshiniwa

Hibs; Paterson Augustyn Souttar Rossi

He should play the defence he plans to play on Tuesday, harsh on Souttar and McGhee but that should mean a central pairing of Augustyn and Rossi, with Paterson and Oshinawa at full back.

kingantti1874

I would play, Paterson, Augustyn, Souttar and Rossi as the back 4 today and on Tuesday

This, give this back 4- run out before Tuesday..

He should play the defence he plans to play on Tuesday, harsh on Souttar and McGhee but that should mean a central pairing of Augustyn and Rossi, with Paterson and Oshinawa at full back.

I think I agree with you.

I think it's more important that our central defence is at its strongest than doing whatever we can to keep Juwon out of the team.

The team stats and goals against with him in the team aren't at all bad. More threat from Stokes and Cummings centrally than wide players IMO

So we go with our strongest CB pairing for Tuesday IMO.

Graham Thomson

Paterson,Augustyn,Souttar,Rossi

That's the same back four I'd start with on Tuesday aswell.

If we can get ourselves a comfortable lead today then I'd bring off Paterson with Tuesday in mind.

I concur 100%

Paterson, Ozturk, Augustin, Rossi, Subs include Souttar, Juwon and Smith.

Robbie has indicated league games a priority over cups. I'm sure half the JKB board will be ragin Hibs are not a priority.

Robbie has indicated league games a priority over cups. I'm sure half the JKB board will be ragin Hibs are not a priority.

When has he indicated that?

If that's his position then I agree with him.

Ozturk and Augustyn.

We know we have a good player to come in replace Ozturk in Souttar for the Hibs game so dont risk him to injury.

Back four for Hibs game

Patterson Augustyn Souttar Rossi

Whatever the back 4 is going to be for Tuesday, pick that. I personally would have Rossi at LB and play Souttar beside Augustyn, but oshaniwa at LB doesn't overly concern me.

Thought Police

Can I ask why out of the two centre backs from midweek, people are going for Souttar over McGhee? Not disagreeing just curious. Heard they both played well.

Can I ask why out of the two centre backs from midweek, people are going for Souttar over McGhee? Not disagreeing just curious. Heard they both played well.

McGhee went off injured did he not?

I think it's more important that our central defence is at its strongest than doing whatever we can to keep Juwon out of the team.

The team stats and goals against with him in the team aren't at all bad. More threat from Stokes and Cummings centrally than wide players IMO

If my calculations are correct, in the league:

Oshaniwa In: 15 goals conceded in 1455 mins = 0.93 goals per 90 mins

Oshaniwa Out: 9 goals conceded in 705 mins = 1.15 goals per 90 mins

Although it should be noted that one of the goals we conceded with him off the pitch was after he was sent off against Inverness.

Got to be the experienced pairing or Souttar with one.

No matter how commendable the performance was of the two young uns together , I think people get a bit carried away.

Stubbs said that too, then rested all his big players in their league match before the derby. With us almost a certainty to finish third then I think Neilson may prioritise the cup replay.

As somebody else said, Hibs threat comes through the middle and not out wide. With that in mind then I think I would go with Rossi and Augustyn through the middle and Oshaniwa at left back (even though he worries me).

Stubbs said that too, then rested all his big players in their league match before the derby. With us almost a certainty to finish third then I think Neilson may prioritise the cup replay.

As somebody else said, Hibs threat comes through the middle and not out wide. With that in mind then I think I would go with Rossi and Augustyn through the middle and Oshaniwa at left back (even though he worries me).

Hibs strongest threat may be from the middle but they had far too much time on the ball when it went wide.

We are poor sometimes at getting out quick and stopping crosses, otherwise the midfield need to close down and tackle better before play develops.

One thing I would say is Rossi at left back in the two games he played gave us more attacking drive. He's just for more decisive than Oshaniwa.

I'm okay with Big O playing. But was just very impressed with these two games albeit Ozturk was back too and probably helped the balance.

Leave Ozturk and McGhee out if there are any doubts about their fitness - both took knocks so rest them while we can. Souttar deserves to keep his place after Wednesday. There's a debate about left back for me, either Oshinawa who would benefit from the trust being placed in him, after doing well in midweek or Rossi who is the safer option but it would send a message if he doesn't get straight back in after his suspension.

So Paterson, Augustyn, Souttar, Oshinawa for me, with Rossi on the bench ready to step in if Juwon isn't performing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. There's plenty of time for Souttar to start games but for today and Tuesday I'd like to see Augustyn and Rossi.

Because Juwon played reasonably on Wednesday I think Neilson will stick with him.

Given the hype over the guy when we signed him I think we must be desperate for him to succeed.

My preference for Tuesday would be Paterson Augustyn Soutter Rossi, but if Osh plays today and does ok, think he wil sacrifice Soutter

A_A wehatethehibs

Paterson Augustyn Rossi Juwon. If Juwon doesn't play well, sub on Souttar and move rossi to lb. Quickly reacting and identifying if that needs to happen early. If he is making mistakes and plays 60 or 70 mins before he gets subbed I will be absolutely raging.

Did Augustyn not get injured in training?

I'd probably go with McGhee and Souttar again. Rossi at left back.

Did Augustyn not get injured in training?

I'd probably go with McGhee and Souttar again. Rossi at left back.

When did this happen?

BRAVEHEART1874

Patterson Augustyn Souttar Rossi unless ozturk is fully fit - stuff oshi he can get a game once da hobos are put to bed ;)

Archived