My Left Foot

Brandt

Watched this film yesterday.

Absolutely brilliant. DDL is a phenomenal actor. Ive only ever saw him in Gangs of New York and There Will Be Tits ( :laugh:) Blood. I remember seeing it in Blockbuster but thought it would be too boring. But, i really enjoyed it. Its amazing how much in character training he does prior to each movie, usually to the annoyance of other film crew :laugh:

Anybody recommend any other DDL films?

Cheers :smile:

In the name of my father was an amazing film.

Ahh. Thats the one i was thinking of. I had Sean Connery in my mind. Just checked - The Name of the Rose :laugh:

I'll watch In The Name of My Father shortly for sure.

Nice one, cheers :smile:

Apparently daniel day lewis had to film a lot of the foot writing scenes in a mirror because he couldn't do it well enough with his left and had to use his right. Some boy

Салатные палочки

In the Name of the Father my favorite film of all time.  Daniel Day-Lewis is outstanding in it, to the point where I don't think I have ever been impressed with any actor since.

Emma Thompson and Pete Postlethwaite are great in it as well.  

In the Name of the Father my favorite film of all time.  Daniel Day-Lewis is outstanding in it, to the point where I don't think I have ever been impressed with any actor since.

This.

Really looking forward to it. Got it sorted for tonight cheers lads :smile:

Really looking forward to it. Got it sorted for tonight cheers lads :smile:

It was on last night on sky. I'm sitting watching it now

Regal Kingston

Pretty much echo the othe posters - In the name of the father is a truly outstanding film.

A bit of an emotional rollercoaster with superb performances.

Good song from Sinead O'Connor on the soundtrack too.

Apparently daniel day lewis had to film a lot of the foot writing scenes in a mirror because he couldn't do it well enough with his left and had to use his right. Some boy

Surely they'd just flip the shot in the edit?

In the Name of the Father my favorite film of all time. Daniel Day-Lewis is outstanding in it, to the point where I don't think I have ever been impressed with any actor since.

Outstanding film. I strongly recommend that you read "Proved Innocent" by Gerry Conlon (the book on which the film is loosely based). Great read and really disturbing at the same time.

Did Willie Jamieson ever do any acting?

You mean my preceding username to Brandt? Yes, actually, i have done acting :smile:

Was in a film about a couple of junkies from Sighthill. I was the main star.

Archived