Kicks from the Penalty Mark v Hibs

Jessjambo

Sorry for bringing this horrible subject up and,.......sorry if someone has already raised it but has anyone thought of this potential scenario on the 16th?!?!?!?

Apart from maybe seeing it in an East of Scotland Shield tie in the 70's - has this ever really happened?

Could you take it? I wouldn't be able to watch?

Should we be practicing?

We'd walk it.

Djoum

Reilly

Ozturk

Walker

And Juwon with the fifth, a Panenka, obviously.

Juwon would fall over his feet trying one of those and have more chance of reaching the goal than the ball.

Juwon would fall over his feet trying one of those and have more chance of reaching the goal than the ball.

Reilly's last penalty was very savable.

He got away with it thankfully.

Riddley Walker

Can you imagine the seethe if Shanny tried a Panenka and tripped up and the ball just rolled a couple of yards, and it gave Hibs the win.

We'd walk it.

Djoum

Reilly

Ozturk

Walker

And Juwon with the fifth, a Panenka, obviously.

We would be banned if ozturk was taking one....

Riddley Walker

We would be banned if ozturk was taking one....

Good point. I feel like Nicholson might sky a pressure penalty. I'd trust Rossi to slot one home.

Reilly's last penalty was very savable.

He got away with it thankfully.

Im sure he just waited for the keeper to move and rolled into the middle-great penalty imo.

The same folk worrying about possible penalties were probably bricking it before may 2012

bringonthesevco

I'd like to see Stevenson trying to score one of the HIbs penalties with a header.

I've never, in my entire life seen someone trying to head a clearance from the edge of the box with a header when the ball was on the ground !!!

I've said it before but I'd like to see Paterson on penalties.

He can't half strike a ball.

Im sure he just waited for the keeper to move and rolled into the middle-great penalty imo.

The same folk worrying about possible penalties were probably bricking it before may 2012

Didn't look like he waited to me.

Not sure if still the case but he didnt like penalties.

Didnt take in either shoot out he could have (dundee united 12-13 league cup 31st oct 2012)

Or the Ict 9 man farce from 13-14 (date escapes me, sadly the memories of the day dont)

Might change now he is more experienced but he definately alongside wilson opted out in the semi, dont think he took 1 v raith that season either actually. (May not have played)

Agreed, but he doesn't seem to fancy them. I could be wrong but I dont think he took part in previous shoot outs. I think when it gets to that stage it is more about bottle and attitude than ability and technique. 

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Agreed, but he doesn't seem to fancy them. I could be wrong but I dont think he took part in previous shoot outs. I think when it gets to that stage it is more about bottle and attitude than ability and technique. 

Hopefully now CP has developed more as a player he'll have the bottle to do it. I'd back him to score.

rudi must stay

Ozturk

Augustyn

Rossi

Reilly

Cowie

I don't think it will go to penalties but those 5 would be good under pressure I reckon

Hearts Heritage

3 East of Scotland Shield Finals (when still a first team game) were decided this way

1980-08-20 Wed Hearts 2-2 Hibernian EoSS Final 7000 Lost 6-7
1989-05-08 Mon Hibernian 3-3 Hearts EoSS Final 1439 Won 4-3
1990-05-03 Thu Hearts 0-0 Hibernian EoSS Final 400 Lost 8-9

Archived