Neilsons new long term contract

Craigieboy

Sorry mate.....Robbie gets it wrong far too often in my opinion.

No need to apologise everybody is entitled to their opinion.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** sake, here we go again.

Second half today was shambolic but it doesn't change anything, Neilson is still very much the man to take us forward.

Win the replay and all will be forgiven.

No he's not nearly 17,000 every home game......We want entertainment, not this negative S*it

BBCSportsound: Robbie Neilson "It's disappointing not to go through but it's a great money spinner for both clubs & another full house in 10 days time"

:rofl:

Bye Robbie.

The main problem I have is the standard of football has been declining since the middle of last season. We've gone from a passing team that was enjoyable to watch to a team that plays a lot of long balls and percentage football.

I also don't think that he is giving the players enough freedom to play and this will soon lead to frustration within the team.

we were playing against third rate teams last season.

any contract talk should be put on hold until end of season

with out doubt we should be doing better and not drawing
a cup tie at home to a team in the second tier of scottish
football

BBCSportsound: Robbie Neilson "It's disappointing not to go through but it's a great money spinner for both clubs & another full house in 10 days time"

Bye Robbie.

The guy is a mumbling clown...I'm pee'd off at the fact the Robbie cannot get the "big" games strategy right.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

No he's not nearly 17,000 every home game......We want entertainment, not this negative S*it

Yet we still sell out every week.

He must be doing something right.

Bye Robbie.

He's obviously happy that the ?40k we have cost the club and reduced his transfer budget by, is going to be recouped. Dick.

Sorry mate.....Robbie gets it wrong far too often in my opinion.

And it's always the same ******* thing.  Every ******* time.

Arsehole.

Correct. It was Robbie who instructed Reilly to play right mid in the 2nd half, for example, not Levein.

Whilst agreeing that today, particularly second half, was very disappointing however Robbies hands were tied today. Buaben already injured before ht. I think they knew that Oz was crocked at ht but gave him five minutes to try to run it off. Couldn't so subbed. Djoum was limping for about 15 minutes before he was replaced. What was Robbie supposed to do? Put Juanma on for Reilly or Duada? Duada was a passenger entire game. Robbie would have been crucified on here had we played the last 15 with 10 men because all subs were used. Hard to believe that folk on here don't see what happened today.

Rudolf's Mate

What did he say in his post match interview? I didn't see it hence why I'm asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John mcCartney

the more i dwell on his post match comment there,the more i reckon he is out of his depth

its not a good sign

as it stands at the moment,old shark eyes has him as some red blooded underwater meal floating about in the forth estuary

Whilst agreeing that today, particularly second half, was very disappointing however Robbies hands were tied today. Buaben already injured before ht. I think they knew that Oz was crocked at ht but gave him five minutes to try to run it off. Couldn't so subbed. Djoum was limping for about 15 minutes before he was replaced. What was Robbie supposed to do? Put Juanma on for Reilly or Duada? Duada was a passenger entire game. Robbie would have been crucified on here had we played the last 15 with 10 men because all subs were used. Hard to believe that folk on here don't see what happened today.

He didn't have to go to a 5 man midfield. That was done purely to try and protect our lead.

Anyway, it was absurd to start Reilly and Dauda together. They are far too similar and neither have a physical presence. Juanma had to start as he is exactly the type of striker Hibs don't face at all in the Championship.

Interesting that after losing the equaliser the whole team instantly pushed forward. If only they hadn't been instructed not to do that at HT...

we were playing against third rate teams last season.

That's irrelevant. We had a passing, attacking style of play that was exciting to watch. We now play a cautious style with lots of high balls from back to front. Given our squad of players and attacking options, we are good enough to go out and attack most teams.

He didn't have to go to a 5 man midfield. That was done purely to try and protect our lead.

Anyway, it was absurd to start Reilly and Dauda together. They are far too similar and neither have a physical presence. Juanma had to start as he is exactly the type of striker Hibs don't face at all in the Championship.

Interesting that after losing the equaliser the whole team instantly pushed forward. If only they hadn't been instructed not to do that at HT...

Were you in the dressing room at ht? What options did he have when Djoum had to go off? Soutar, Zanatta or Juanma. Soutar would have made us even more defensive. Either of the other two would have meant three strikers on. Hardly sensible when we are two up with only 15 to go. Of those options plus Walker he probably made the right call in my opinion.

Starting Juanma today was likely to be a red card in the making. It's not Robbies fault that the guy can't control his aggression although hopefully Robbie is working on it with him.

Nelly Terraces

Totally agree with the OP, that today was disgusting, embarrassing, and cowardly from the manager, we have better players than Hibs, are playing in a higher league than them, and for him to set us up like we did was just unforgivable!

No long term deal please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to disagree. Enoughs enough, just too many crucial team selection & tactical errors for anyone's liking.

That's irrelevant. We had a passing, attacking style of play that was exciting to watch. We now play a cautious style with lots of high balls from back to front. Given our squad of players and attacking options, we are good enough to go out and attack most teams.

you have a point however today Walker and Sow were not available to start. They are our best attacking players. Nicholson was returning from jury and didn't look fully fit to me.

Yup - there was a definite change of playing style last season which was a bit strange as what we were originally doing was more than working.

Gordon Ramsay

Bye Robbie.

I'm actually disgusted by this.

Money spinner?!

Some of us want to get through to the next round Robbie you spineless shitebag.

Central Belt 1874

I think he is a good coach but his inexperience and through that his caution has cost us points and games.

I'm behind Robbie just now but I don't think we should be throwing contracts at the guy yet.

Negative scenario - if we are knocked out in the replay and Aberdeen end up 15 points ahead of us with us in a scrap for 3rd I'd view that as seriously mediocre.

Positive scenario being we win the replay and go on to have a run in the cup and finish miles ahead in 3rd and push Aberdeen for 2nd.

It could go either way to be honest.

In conclusion I think ourselves as supporters and the board should see how the season pans out first before we get too upset with what yet hasn't happen.

All is not lost, the mood will change if we hammer Hibs at Easter Road.

All that said there is no doubt about it, today's 2nd half performance which can only be presumed to be Robbies tactical decision to sit deep has cost us a game.

A sensible post but as usual overlooked by many. I've had my doubts about Neilson since last season but as he is a young inexperienced manager you have to cut him some slack, he has many positives such as putting together a good squad, training and he holds himself well with the media. However where he has weaknesses you look at them and hope he starts to cut them out, change and adapt and learn. He is still making the same mistakes as last season, and they are tactical mistakes such as subs and team selections/formation. These are the things a good manager has to start with and the other positives I have mentioned are the things you are meant to learn as you go along.

We will be in a stronger position for the replay, injured players back, new players settled with a few more games under their belts and a chance to give Hibs another thumping.

I still think he has until the end of the season to prove us all wrong, but looking at the bigger picture and where the club is heading maybe we should be looking at a more experienced manager for next season.

The money spinner comment is an absolute disgrace - shows total contempt for the fans.

I think someone at the club needs to have a serious word.

Hypothetically speaking here. If Neilson was to go tomorrow, he would not be missed one single bit would he?

Off the field things are going pretty well, no problem with that.

Hearts are a massive club who could attract far better standard of manager, who plays all out to win.

I'm not a fan of his, too many shitebag performances for me in big games.

I will wait for the "but we are in 3rd place" brigade to come along shortly.

Bore off

Agreed ;-)

If we had won. this thread would not have been made. stop fretting because we drew in a derby. easy win at fester.

lost in space

If we had won. this thread would not have been made. stop fretting because we drew in a derby. easy win at fester.

Even if we do win at Fester - todays shocking tactics will not be forgotten.  If it had been the first time - yes.  Now - too many times. In fact every away game + todays home game.

lost in space

Can't wait for the day that a supporters commitee makes all the decisions. Emigration looms large.

There will never be such a committee. There will be a head coach - who will live or die (not literally) by his results - as it should be now.

I also heard him say he was bitterly disappointed, that we were too negative in the second half and the goals conceded were awful. Looking at quotes in isolation is the kind of sh*t pulled by the scum and daily reta*d journalists to stir the unwashed.

He's a good manager?hahahahaha,absolute imposter in charge of a great football club,defending a 2-0 lead?embarrasing.

lost in space

Is this thread for real? Are people actually wanting Robbie sacked? Absolutely ridiculous.

I dont think most want him sacked - just to learn from his mistakes.  I presumed he would make mistakes this year - but thought he would at least take SOME responsibility for them.  He has accepted NO responsibility for his mistakes.

He seems to think that what happens on the pitch is not his responsibility - e.g. todays second half.

If he keeps on making the same mistakes again and again (e.g. away tactics) - what do you suggest?

This is the lowest point of his management and he needs to dig deep and fight his way out of it.

If this is as low as it gets this season then fair enough, we move on, but a similar performance at Easter Road and in our remaining games against Aberdeen then decisions will need to be made.

I'd say sack him if we lose two of the next three.

14 odd points behind Aberdeen?

Shits in in EVERY big match.

Stinking tactics away from home.

Sits in on leads, ALWAYS. (at home too).

His tactics today won't help his negotiations in the coming weeks. He won't get sacked though nor should he. He'll get an extension with clauses that these sort of results will see him shown the door.

Robbie's doing a good job imo.  He's not totally blameless but he's certainly not responsible for what happened today.

We never had  a player who performed at their best in the whole team today and that's not Robbies fault.  

Bauben being replaced by Cowie wasn't an ideal start either and that was something that weakened us in the middle as Cowie was just not getting his positional sense right and was failing to close them down.

The front pair never hit off either but what choice did Robbie have as Juanma is a hot head, he doesn't really chase back and graft and that's what was needed in a game like today.  

He could have made the change up front going with Juanma for Dauda but then Dauda offered more in terms of pace and hassling their defence so it's understandable why he never opted for Juanma.  

I would say Alexander had a shocker and was more at fault than Robbie but then it's all down to opinions. 

All in all we live to fight another day.

3rd In the league by a mile after getting promoted by a Mile! Still In the cup as well! Far too many panic merchants on this forum, we played mince and still got a draw but suddenly yous are all footballer manager experts [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd In the league by a mile after getting promoted by a Mile! Still In the cup as well! Far too many panic merchants on this forum, we played mince and still got a draw but suddenly yous are all footballer manager experts [emoji23][emoji23]

Agreed mate.  it's mental.  Robbie is by no means the best coach in the world but he's done a cracking job for us and he's still got more to offer. He's improved us by a country mile during his time and to be fair he's still learning himself.  More than happy with the job he's doing.

Exactly mate. Team plays pants then all the kickback experts blame the manager! Pathetic [emoji23]

I hope he signs a new contract - very lucky to have him. Poor second half but this happens. Luckily Queen Ann and King Craig won't suffer knee jerk reaction and don't read KB! I can't believe we are even having this discussion based on where we were a couple of years ago.

There will never be such a committee. There will be a head coach - who will live or die (not literally) by his results - as it should be now.

I want that carved in a block of granite.

I dont care if no-one agrees with me, this clown should be sacked full stop.

Cant compete with Celtic

2-0 up against that bunch o shit and he thinks its good coz its a money spinner in the next game.   FFS someone gimme a shotgun

I dont care if no-one agrees with me, this clown should be sacked full stop.

Cant compete with Celtic

2-0 up against that bunch o shit and he thinks its good coz its a money spinner in the next game. FFS someone gimme a shotgun

Anyone got a shotgun?

It's February. We've lost 4 games in the league all season. The same as Aberdeen who we beat comfortably a couple of weeks ago. His manangement had us two up at half time and two up with 10 minutes to go having had his options severely hindered by injuries. Yes today is a dull one but perspective is required.

It's February. We've lost 4 games in the league all season. The same as Aberdeen who we beat comfortably a couple of weeks ago. His manangement had us two up at half time and two up with 10 minutes to go having had his options severely hindered by injuries. Yes today is a dull one but perspective is required.

We  have pissed  away points away against Killie, Dundee , Motherwell etc, etc, etc .

Robbie gets an easy day on here.

We  have pissed  away points away against Killie, Dundee , Motherwell etc, etc, etc .

Robbie gets an easy day on here.

Oh aye. Having an easy day today right enough. 

michael_bolton

The worst thing about yesterday is that the utter shambles of a second half was accurately predicted by pretty much everyone I spoke to at half time. There was nothing surer than us inviting them onto us and back into a game they should have been out of.

Even in the first half, we didn't play well. I don't understand why Robbie treats Hibs like they're Real Madrid. He gives them far too much respect and lets them dictate the game. If not for a 40 yarder in injury time, he'd have a completely pish derby record. Yet to play well against them.

I'd say sack him if we lose two of the next three.

14 odd points behind Aberdeen?

Shits in in EVERY big match.

Stinking tactics away from home.

Sits in on leads, ALWAYS. (at home too).

was it 6-0 before he told them to sit in against Motherwell?

Oh aye. Having an easy day today right enough. 

Well, up to yesterday!

Yesterday was a test for Robbie though, and he failed it miserably.

Archived